IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rgarriott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9326 1 year ago
Quoted from s000m:

Hi all,
I've been busy getting my pin ready for Pinfest here in the UK.
However I can't for the life of me to get my skillshot shooting reliably.
At present it makes its way round the orbit, through the gate and sometimes doesn't have enough momentum to hit the target and 1 in 3 times will fall short and just end up in the roll over switches.
I've tried the following
- Replaced the one way gate as it was sometimes sticking
- Replaced the coil sleeve and spring for the shooter lane coil.
- Adjusted the coil to get it to seat behind the ball
-Adjusted and fiddled with the shooter lane plastic, moving it back and forward a mm or so.
I suspect my shooter lane plastic is slightly warped as it doesn't rest straight.
The ball will often hop as it comes off the ramp and into the orbit. That's where it appears to loose momentum.
Any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated.

I know on mine when it wasnt making it all the time, the coil and bracket were loose. When I made sure nothing moved when the coil fired is when I got reliable hits everytime.

3 months later
#9584 1 year ago

Hello. I have an issue as when i shoot the ball into the scoop to start mist or to get a mystery award, the ball does not pause for the dmd sequence to complete, it just spits the ball back out while the dmd is still doing its thing. It started doin this a few wks ago.
I have also replaced the optos at the up kicker after this has started. The subway switch also works in switch test. Anyone have an idea? Thanks

1 week later
#9642 1 year ago
Quoted from LeeChaolan:

Just installed pinball bulb's LED lighting kit and it looks fantastic, but I've noticed one of the coffin lights stays on dimly during gameplay. Looks fine when a ball is locked or in attract mode, but just during game play its partially lit as below. I checked the voltages on the bulbs. The one that's staying on is 3.1 and the one that is behaving normally is 2.8. Any suggestions? Works fine when I put old style bulbs back in it. When you view it through the phone camera you can see its flashing ever so slightly in tandem with the skill shot face light on the back.
[quoted image]

Switch the bulbs and see if it does the same thing. Maybe ya need a non-ghosting bulb.

4 weeks later
#9777 1 year ago

Very first review says it worked and looked really good on his real pin. FiatsRUs

1 month later
#9927 1 year ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

New coffin / crate mod and tombstone locklight mod comming soon....
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Count me in.

#9929 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Yup looks great! Any prices yet or did I miss it on the count I'm lazy and don't want to search for it

Quoted from RudeDogg1:

There is no list they will be for sale in a couple weeks. Think I will be doing them in waves of 3-4 cuz they take so long to cast and paint. But they won’t be limited I’ll keep going until no one wants them or I get fed up of making them

2 weeks later
#9980 1 year ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Who did that for ya?

4 weeks later
#10042 1 year ago

I need to do mine also. Iv had it over a yr now and it needs a good cleaning. It also has incandescent bulbs that need to go.

1 month later
#10199 11 months ago
Quoted from SDM0:

Until then - what is the best way to glue these so the glue is clear and doesn't show thru the ramp on the other side? And holds it really well?

I like to use clear super glue with the brush cap. You can apply precisely where you want and evenly so there is no bubbles.

4 weeks later
#10275 10 months ago
Quoted from paulie484:

I sourced mine from here
https://www.printablescenery.com/product/impaled-skeletons/
picture hanging hook cut and bent out for the base
the idea is that they match the dmd graphic when the ball drains ![quoted image][quoted image]

These are way cool. The ruin walls look very good also. Thanks for sharing.

#10299 10 months ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Finally joined the club yesterday! Cabinet still has its original red color and game plays almost as it should Any advice on must have mods or things to look for?
Few issues:
-Cab not perfect, few holes and scratches.
-Mist ball works, but gate at left side does not open.
-Shooterlane switch not working.
-Multiple broken plastics.
Droptarget in the back does not always work.
-Pf dirty and has vertical lines, hope these will buff out. Maybe a protector is needed?
[quoted image]

Welcome to the Carpathians

1 month later
#10456 8 months ago
Quoted from KJS:

Gothic V.2 incoming![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful. Where did you get those done at?

2 weeks later
#10480 8 months ago

Well I have had my BSD for over a yr now and has been trouble free for the most part, but now I have encountered the dreaded Mist multiball issue. The ball stopped loading into the right pocket when the game is turned on and the magnet just continues to tram back and forth. I checked the optos, the left pocket activates in the switch test but the right does not. I have placed my order for some new optos, hopefully that does the trick.

#10484 8 months ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hopefully that fixes your issue. In the event that you are still having problems you may want to reference the following link which details all the steps that I took a few years ago to fix a similar issue on my BSD.
Gord
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-won-t-load-mist-ball-at-start-of-game

Yeah Gord I read up on your thread, so hopefully its just the optos.

#10485 8 months ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I just went through the whole long range opto thing. My BSD had the Homepin board when I got it and the Mist would work great for a few hours after power up, but would then fail. The issue turned out to be the transmitting opto. Considering the work that it takes to get to the optos I would consider going the 'Shotgun' approach, which is replacing the 24" board with the Homepin board if you don't already have it plus a new set of optos. You have to pull plastics and ramps to get to the optos so you may as well also clean everything while you're in there!

Im going with the optos first, go the cheap route 1st. I didnt think is was bad at all to get to the right opto. Once things are loose and the shooter ramp is out of the way, piece of cake.

#10486 8 months ago

Welp. New optos didnt do the trick. Looks like i will be buying a new opto board.

#10493 8 months ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Recap the 24 opto board (and throw a new inductor in it too). Takes 5 minutes and is less than $7 in parts, and you keep the original board. Just food for thought.

Been looking for the inductor, cant find it.

#10497 8 months ago
Quoted from DavidWhittle81:

Here is the brand and part number I used to replace the inductor on my 24 opto board: Fastron 11P-103J-50 Mouser has them in stock for $1.48 each. I replaced the caps and inductor with this one during my restoration and the board works fine now.

Thanks just ordered a couple.

#10499 7 months ago

I have have a new board on the way also just for that reason.

2 weeks later
#10523 7 months ago

New opto board installed and we are back in business

#10529 7 months ago

My game came with standard but I plan on changing to the lighting when I do the tear down this winter.

1 week later
2 weeks later
#10617 6 months ago
Quoted from Zee:

Couple strips from Comet as PinKitten said. Will be using their trim knobs to tone it down a bit.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ties in real good with the mist multiball

#10619 6 months ago

Thats awesome, Im goin to use that idea.

1 month later
#10790 4 months ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Pf is back in the game, tried out the new translite. had the wireforms done in "dragons blood" powdercoat.
[quoted image]

I really like the crate decals. When ever i get around to doing a tear down for cleaning and LEDS ill probably go this route with a color DMD.

1 month later
#10959 86 days ago

Yes and people usually replaced them with standard to make thegame play alittle easier.

2 months later
#11121 6 days ago

I personally will be going with the pin2DMD, I got one for my Data East Hook. There is a few cut scene dots out of place but not an extra $300 worth.

#11159 2 days ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

I’m having a strange issue. When I turn the game on everything seems fine. No credit dot. If the game sits idle, the mist multiball tries to load. When the ball is shot from the shooter lane to the top right magnet it stays there shortly and then releases the ball onto the playfield and then drains and repeats the same pattern 2-3 times. No credit appears. During gameplay, the mist multiball does not work and instead when starting the multiball there is not ball traveling across the playfield but just starts a normal multiball. If you put the game into test mode the mist mode functions perfectly. When you stop the test after a couple cycles, the game functions normally and the mist multiball functions exactly as it should. Once the game is turned off and then turned back on again, the idle most mode starts acting weird again and doesn’t return to normal until running another test. I know this is a very long winded problem, but has anyone else experience this? I have tried aligning the long range optos, cleaned optos, checked magnets, and that’s about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had alot of the same issues, but mine progressed from the optos to the 24 board in a short period of time. Save yourself some frustration money and downtime and replace the board and optos at the same time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rgarriott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=rgarriott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.