IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg
20240314_090424 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (10 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psychopsonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#712 10 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Iamdarras...This is f'en AWESOME! Does this fit under the dome of the coffin? I'm going to replace the tinted version with the clear version for this guy after ordering.
http://iamdarras.bigcartel.com/product/bsd-ugly-vamp-mod

I ordered a few days ago! Such a huge upgrade for Ron Sharpton. Thanks so much to Iamdarras for offering it!

I too was going to replace the coffin lid for this guy, but now it looks like we have three choices for lid tint--original dark smoked, light smoked, and clear. What do folks think would work best to show off this fantastic mod?

1 month later
#796 10 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

also will change the pop covers out so that the Winona character is on the front one instead of the one that he is attatched to ...

Mine doesn't have the Winona pop cover. I imagine that's one of those impossible plastics to find? Anyone have one to spare?

#810 10 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

hi guys, anybody hear anything about new ramps and plastics ? thanks joe

Ramps from Pinball Inc. in 2014 with decals from one of the larger outlets TBD. Plastics prospects are dim as this is apparently a difficult repro license according to Rick at Planetary. Studio negotiations slow and complex actor likeness issues apparently.

2 weeks later
#851 10 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

Hi Netsepp, Pinballheaven.co.uk have most of those parts you are looking for or even better
Pinballcenter.eu has the set of plastics you require for 32 Euros

I got a set of these (nice!) proto sling plastics over the holiday, but no hardware. Can someone who has them installed please identify the specific hardware required to mount them, and maybe pass along any associated tips? Thanks very much in advance!

3 weeks later
#949 10 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

i ve just installed my proto sling plastics, i had them 2 years ago... i finally did it!!!

I also installed them last night, and I'm really pleased with the results.

I can understand why some wouldn't like them on their games--they do obscure the inlanes, an undeniable change to gameplay--but I think they really tie the art package together very nicely, providing nice color balance at the bottom of the playfield. I was really surprised at the difference it made.

The fact that they're installed at different heights lends a certain "dimensionality" that's really cool when you're standing in front of the game. It's one of those things best observed in person to fully appreciate.

2 months later
#1256 10 years ago

Metal here too. Mine has some wear at the top of the left outlane. I don't suppose there's any way to repair that finish? Wonder how hard these pieces would be to repro?

3 months later
#1741 9 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Anyone ever try these out? I see them on EBay all the time but have not seen them on an actual game. ebay.com link » Bsd Dracula Pinball Mod Sideboard Decals

I have a set installed on my BSD. Very nice quality, highly recommended!

2 months later
#2035 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I have the same scratch in my metal rail, so I'll be interested to see how you fix it.

Thirded. I bet this problem is close to universal on metal rail BSDs. I'm admittedly clueless about restoring metal like this, but it seems like there'd be a product you could brush in there and then dab lightly so it would dry to a similar enough texture. Maybe a layer of something else to seal it up. Of course matching the color and texturing would likely be very difficult.

Would it look better than the scratch of outlaner shame, though? Probably.

4 months later
#2353 9 years ago

I need a new DMD to replace the original on my machine. Who's bought the Vishay from Marco and installed it? Does the display still look properly red? I think I remember reading at some point that the new displays are brighter. Thanks!

#2355 9 years ago

Thanks, sleepygtr, just the sort of feedback I was hoping to receive. Pinsiders FTW once again!

Marco only stocks the Vishay, and I figured they would have compared the makes before deciding on a single one to stock. SC is just south of me, so their packages show up intact and fast, thus I've done a lot of business with them and was leaning toward ordering from them unless I was warned off the Vishay.

My original display buzzes pretty badly as well--had chalked it up to its age. During video mode the attract mode text (with long-gone credit dot!) is plainly visible. I was worried a too-bright display would cut through the filter a bit and it wouldn't look as red as it should.

Thanks again for this feedback, sleepygtr! This thread is chock full of good info; hope yours is as helpful to others down the line as it was to me. I had a fantasy of compiling all the good tech info from this thread in a single document, but as we're now approaching 50 pages it's a bit daunting to consider.

3 weeks later
#2498 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Here's kind of a random question, I saw that Mirco is asking about Cactus Canyon and thinking of doing a playfield for it. Do more people actually have one of those than people with BSD? I thought it was a fairly rare title? A year ago I asked him about BSD and he told me it wasn't popular enough to merit him doing one.

That's VERY frustrating to hear.

CC: 903 units
BSD: 6801 units

I don't understand why Mirco would not want to run BSD playfields, and instead run a title with less than 1000 produced. Sure, it's a high-value game, partly because of its rarity, and honestly his clientele are more likely the CC-owning types... but from a business perspective I think I'd fairly quickly decide to serve the far-larger market. Granted, there are many other popular games he hasn't done playfields for either, but 6800 is one of the larger runs of the DMD era.

#2501 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Repro play fields for BSD would be love hate for me.. totally love to get one, hate that i'm dumping a decent pile of cash into the game.

I'd hate scratching the check, sure, but I know I'd hate it less and less each time I looked at the game, too. My playfield isn't terrible, but it's certainly not mint, either.

3 years later
#5876 5 years ago

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus saying a PinSound board with the Hazzard mix and an external sub is a massive upgrade. I have an audio bias anyway but my expectations were exceeded. After years with the game, calling it "transformative" feels insufficient.

Someone said the PinSound board was the best thing they'd bought for BSD, and I couldn't agree more--and I've bought a LOT of stuff for this game. A second board for my STTNG arrives this week.

There's no reason to be on the fence--you can always revert to the original sounds for competition or other reasons.

5 months later
#6297 5 years ago

I'm planning a casual pingolf event including BSD, and would like to hear thoughts on proposed points and particularly rules-based goals. Many of the players at the event will be fairly skilled.

This pingolf event will be a bit different in that players will be offered one of four goal difficulty levels to choose from at the start of each game.

They'll play each game twice--once shooting for a point total and a second game to reach a rule-based goal.

To make the scores more golf-like and encourage goal-achieving the games will be set to five balls, so I don't think these goals are too terribly harsh. Mystery timer will be set to 1 second. I'd prefer to keep settings otherwise at defaults, but discussion about that would be interesting too.

I welcome suggestions and feedback based on my initial stab at the goals, from easy to difficult:

Points goals: 50m, 100m, 300m, 1b
Rules goals: Start Castle mb, start video mode, start Coffin mb, score 30m jackpot

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psychopsonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=psychopsonic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.