Topic Stats

• 6,932 posts
  • 574 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Micky
  • Topic is favorited by 223 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,123 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

81187B63-C0AF-4214-BEF9-DB5726F9AAF0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190920_175215 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190920_174611 (resized).jpg
bsdglass3 (resized).jpg
bsdglassmirror (resized).jpg
bsdcpr (resized).jpg
20190831_104258 (resized).jpg
20190906_164519 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190802_194328 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190803_051548 (resized).jpg
20190803_051543 (resized).jpg
20190811_180226 (resized).jpg
bsdd (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (6 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (6 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (6 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (6 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (6 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (6 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (6 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (6 years ago)

Post #416 Plunger rebuild parts. Posted by vintage4life (6 years ago)

Post #483 Gameplay / Instruction cards Posted by tilted81 (6 years ago)

Post #563 Playfield Protector Posted by phishrace (6 years ago)

Post #677 Mystery Hole rewards Posted by Jodester (6 years ago)

Post #701 Coffin Ramp Rejecting fix - Clear plastic under headstone Posted by 27dnast (5 years ago)

Post #890 Pinball Rebel Instruction cards Posted by aobrien5 (5 years ago)

Post #958 Mounting the prototype plastics Posted by Drano (5 years ago)

Post #975 Mist Gate Troubleshooting Posted by Bryan_Kelly (5 years ago)

Post #1002 Making a Left Mist Gate? - Click the link Posted by aobrien5 (5 years ago)

Post #1065 BSD Shop Out Guide Posted by gtown (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider prefect.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1027 5 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Here it is done mostly LEDs backbox as well went with blue ,purple ,red,couple yellow fresh rubs and a good tear down cleaning well worth it plays like a new gameIMG_7462.gif

image.jpg 172 KB

image-340.jpg 174 KB

image-932.jpg 173 KB

image-997.jpg 227 KB

image-872.jpg 228 KB

image-896.jpg 190 KB

image-174.jpg 139 KB

image-336.jpg 198 KB

image-573.jpg 136 KB

Do you have a parts list of all that you used to LED your BSD? I like what you did with the LEDs.

Does anyone else have problems with their left gate. I have no problems getting the mist ball from right to left but the ball always gets caught on the gate when it goes right to left. I have been trying to tweak the actuating arm to the gate but I run into the problem with the gate being too open when it is closed or too closed when it is open. I read that some people have problems with this gate and install on a 100 uf cap on C2 of the fliptronic board and I checked my board and there is a cap there. Why did they design design this using two springs? Is this just a bad design? Is my actuator maybe crap? Do I really just need to keep tweaking the gate? It is frustrating since it works right to left 100% of the time but never left to right.

#1030 5 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Only one spring should be connected to the wire gate. Having the correct spring installed and having it positioned properly is key. Wrong spring will never work. The correct spring installed incorrectly won't work either.
http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3072&picno=35880&zoom=1
Bending the bracket (actuator) or the wire gate shouldn't be needed. If you've bent either, I would suggest replacing them. The movement of that gate is very small. You can get a small amount of play from the two mounting screws for the assembly on the side rail. Use that play to adjust the height of the gate.

What I mean is why does this setup use 2 springs? One spring is connected to the gate and the other holds the arm to create a pivot. To me at least, one of those springs or maybe both could have been replaced with a stiff piece of wire. I am kind of questioning why springs were used here in the first place.

I also resoldered the connections thinking maybe the actuator wasn't moving the arm enough due to the connection being week.

#1037 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

If the wire gate itself is not original, make sure it wasn't replaced with something that has become magnetized.

Quoted from phishrace:

Only one spring should be connected to the wire gate. Having the correct spring installed and having it positioned properly is key. Wrong spring will never work. The correct spring installed incorrectly won't work either.
http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3072&picno=35880&zoom=1
Bending the bracket (actuator) or the wire gate shouldn't be needed. If you've bent either, I would suggest replacing them. The movement of that gate is very small. You can get a small amount of play from the two mounting screws for the assembly on the side rail. Use that play to adjust the height of the gate.

I got it working now. I bent the hook in that holds the lever the magnet pulls in a little bit. I am guessing that the magnet has weakened some and was having difficulty pulling the lever in. I was trying to compensate for this by bending the actuator arm instead of fixing why the magnet was having problems pulling the actuator arm. Now the game works 100%.

I am still looking where the pinball dispenses espressos, though. Every time I start mist mode, I can hear it making this lovely drink. Where it goes is still a MISTery to me.

2 weeks later
#1124 5 years ago

Added to a thread on how to dial in a cheap radioshack hobby motor to replace the existing mist motor and get the speed correct. For about $10, you can get the resistor. potentiometer, and motor and replace that old piece of crap that sounds like a can opener.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-mist-motor

2 weeks later
#1175 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

y.
Oh and my high so far is a pathetic 56.9 million.

BSD.jpg 164 KB

I followed up a 430 million point game with one where I didn't even break 5 million and that's with regular flippers. The game downright mean when you miss your shots. I can get pretty decent games if I can consistently hit the left ramp. If I can do that, I can start bat mode ,which is nice because the bonus you get applies to everything ball, mist mode, and get an extra ball.

#1233 5 years ago

Hell, yeah. I just joined the 30 million club. I was holding up on cashing out on my multi balls to try to line them all out and it finally worked. The whole time I was paranoid about all the balls draining in hurry given how I finally got everything lined up. I was hitting every fricken thing I was aiming at. I got Dracula spelled out I think twice and the concubine stuff,too, I racked up about 1.7 billion with that ball and ended up finishing with 2.1 billion. After the game, I checked my bookkeeping to see how many games it took to make it happen. 470

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider prefect.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside