Topic Stats

• 7,381 posts
  • 600 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Jakers
  • Topic is favorited by 239 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,300 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9EE93105-24B9-46FC-8F7B-F1A2570B78D4 (resized).jpeg
FA65DC45-7342-4E90-9C62-24FE0C02C122 (resized).jpeg
0F7BDF3C-7C03-4D20-9D85-5658F3C6760F (resized).jpeg
E42AE3AA-87A1-4A3C-844F-B014ADBB1D46 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20200628_185147 (resized).jpg
53DEC848-158C-4753-B689-400F4624AEA4.jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 9.45.28 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 9.46.11 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 9.49.09 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 9.48.52 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 9.48.11 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 9.47.55 AM (resized).png
5C0715C1-D845-4435-BC1D-A586EAA7BD3F (resized).jpeg
15926148762425908180573644011129 (resized).jpg
BSD_NotchedPlastic (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (7 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (7 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (7 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (7 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (7 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6367 1 year ago

Just picked one up on Saturday myself. Glad to have it. Awesome game!

1 week later
#6387 1 year ago

I really have to get Pinsound for this game as well. It makes a huge difference.

1 week later
#6431 1 year ago

Got my game a couple of weeks ago with stainless rails and lockdown but black powdercoated legs - was this how it came originally or are the legs supposed to match?

#6433 1 year ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

All stainless from factory

Thought so. Thanks for the confirmation.

#6448 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

I bought my Dracula about 2 years ago, mostly for theme. It is the least played game of all the pins in my collection, both by myself and friends and family. I can't count the number of times the ball has gone SDTM or drained down the side without a single flip because of random bounces out of the pop bumpers and slings. I see people walk away in frustration and they don't come back to it.

I don't notice this to be the case at all in my experience with the game. The game never frustrates me. I may be desensitized to cheap drains since I own GB and TWD though.

#6462 1 year ago

Am I the only one that actually likes the original translite?

#6464 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

While I thought it looked a bit off or cheesy when I first got into the hobby, it grew on me after owning the game and watching the film, and I prefer it over the alternates I've seen thus far. Looking forward to what CPR does with a mirrored version.

My thoughts exactly!

BTW, I just installed your castle ruins mod and it looks awesome!

#6476 1 year ago

My kids are 10 and 7 and love the game. Good for all ages IMO!

#6482 1 year ago
Quoted from AJNada:

Do the Pyle speakers have a noticeable improvement in the audio over the stock speakers, even without pinsound?

I’m curious how they stack up to the pinsound speakers as well. I plan on getting the pinsound board eventually but not sure if I should get some decent car speakers or just go with the full pinsound kit.

#6492 1 year ago

Love the powder coating on the wire-forms and apron....very cool!

#6517 1 year ago

Anyone install radcals on their BSD? I have a set and I'm just in the middle of getting the cabinet prepped to install it. Should look really nice when it's done.

#6520 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

There was a post on it. Should be in archives. Looked really good. I was going to install the radcals but my cabinet cleaned up so well I invested in a pinsound board instead.

Well that’s a great choice too! Once I'm done I’ll see if there’s anything left in the piggy bank for a pinsound board as well.

1 week later
#6563 1 year ago

Almost finished with my restore job on my recently acquired BSD. Repaired all the dings and imperfections in the cabinet and painted around all the edges black to receive the new radcal artwork. Wow, I have to say, it came out looking even better than I had hoped. The radcals are cut so perfectly that I didn’t really need to do any painting. I was worried there might be 1/8” or more gap to the edges of the cab where the radcal would not cover but instead they go pretty much right to edges. I was also a bit worried about cutting the holes, especially for the start button since the cut will be visible - that turned out to be a breeze. With the proper dremel bit I had no issues. I just had to touch up the wood with some black paint around the inside of the hole where I took off some of the paint. I couldn’t be happier with the result. Worth every penny!

I’m away on vacation till july 9th and didn’t take any pics. I’ll be sure to post some when I get back.

Also, that alternate translite everyone has been showing off looks fantastic! Now that’s one I actually might consider over the original.

#6584 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Because they got their hands on some, were upset about something trivial, and went and told Rick....and that ended that.

That's shitty. If I didn't already have radcals, I would definitely have wanted those alternate decals. Looks amazing!

#6588 1 year ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Pinsound hands down and drop the mic.

100% agreed. I've actually thought about that not too long ago. I really believe that pinsound gives the player an extra level of immersion in the game and it's always there, not just when you have time to pop your head up to soak it in - always. My older games will all have pinsound before I even think of ColorDMD.

#6593 1 year ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Yes, waiting on pics. Especially interested in your Radcal corners and that start button cutout.

Yup, pics coming.

FYI, I did the start button cut last. I used all the other cuts, particularly the flipper buttons, as practice until I was comfortable with the process and my own skill with the dremel. I went out and bought a brand new bit as well just in case. The start button did worry me quite a bit I have to say.

#6597 12 months ago
Quoted from Jodannar:

Does anyone get a hollow knock noise when a ball hits their rear Playfield backboard above the lanes? I’ve never had another machine make such a distinctive hollow wood sound when the ball hits the back panel. *clock*

I have never noticed that on my game.

1 month later
#6680 11 months ago

Looks awesome!

#6687 11 months ago
Quoted from davebart5:

On a side note, what do you guys think of the Retro Refurbs side blades? Does the art match and mesh with the PF and elsewhere to you? Quality good? I see several have them and debating getting some myself. With $25 shipping it runs me almost to $100 for the set.

I just put them on my game recently and I'm very happy with them. The art matches perfectly with the playfield and flows nicely with the art on the backboard. The quality is good - very durable. I can post some pics on my game later tonight if you like.

#6692 10 months ago

Thanks for posting those pics Jakers. Mine are the same and look great. You can see in the last pic how they match with the exterior cab artwork.

#6728 10 months ago

The blue powder-coating looks really nice! You're right, that translite would compliment it very well. Beautiful game!

#6741 10 months ago

I really need to get into the powder-coating business.

1 month later
#6853 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

I'm assuming you installed new self drilling screws? As the footprint of this speaker is much larger than the original and the mounting holes don't line up.

Yes. I just installed these speakers in my BSD a couple of months ago as well. Got them for my Shadow too - huge improvement!

1 month later
#7008 7 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

My LOVE NEVER DIES is looking much better these days thanks to Comets matrixs system !

Very cool!

2 weeks later
#7046 7 months ago

Yikes, that’s quite a difference. Like someone previously mentioned though - it’s way better than having a broken plastic.

#7055 7 months ago

Awesome - pinsound is a must on this game!

#7065 7 months ago

So I just received the prototype plastics that go over the slings and I'm a bit confused as to how they are meant to be mounted. By the looks of the few terrible pictures I've seen, they seem to be raised quite a bit from the other sling plastics. What exactly do I need to mount them?

#7067 7 months ago

harig - thank you!

3 weeks later
#7089 6 months ago

That lit up village looks great. Is it as simple as dremeling out the windows and adding an LED strip inside?

2 weeks later
#7126 5 months ago

Wow, that playfield looks great. Can't wait to see it all put together.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, NY
$ 50.00
$ 11.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside