PXL_20240310_205105814 (resized).jpg
20240307_151004 (resized).jpg
20240307_113514 (resized).jpg
P1000806 (resized).JPG
to use (resized).jpg
to use 2 (resized).jpg
to use 3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (10 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinster68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 11 years ago

Finally a "members only" thread I can join. Geez those elitist T2 and SS owners were so annoying!

Shopping my BSD right now. It's in pieces in my shop, though playfield has just received a Treasure Cove and Maguires Perfect-It II polishing and is looking fine. Will post pics later when I get home.

Brian

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Brian!....don't make me come over there!

Well well the hotsy totsy leader shows up to crash the party.

My Dracula can beat up your T2 ... and don't get me started on what he's gonna do to that Elvira tart.

#37 11 years ago

Noteworthy BSD Easter Eggs:

1) If Drac appears on screen and crosses his eyes hit the launch button (shooter lane) to earn the "Fluffy The Vampire" bonus and see the DMD special display

2) When getting the ball into the asylum, press both flippers to slam Renfield into the bars.

Anyone know any others?

Brian

#38 11 years ago

Torn down and ready for restore...

IMG_6832.jpgIMG_6832.jpg IMG_6833.jpgIMG_6833.jpg IMG_6834.jpgIMG_6834.jpg IMG_6835.jpgIMG_6835.jpg IMG_6887.jpgIMG_6887.jpg

#75 11 years ago

Can't sleep so I'm out in the shop working on my BSD. Anyhoo, ever wonder what BSD's playfield hardware looks like from an OCD perspective?

(Topside only, plus maybe a few extra fasteners I had on the workbench)
image.jpgimage.jpg

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Yeah that looks familiar. That game is deceptive with the amount of hardware it has.

You're not kidding. I was very surprised how much is going on under that simple looking layout. And this naturally doesn't reflect the larger lane guides, the coffin, scoops, and other crap on the pf. I have a lotta cleaning to do...

#92 11 years ago

Hey anyone know here I can buy lightning flippers? The black ones sold at Little Shop of Games break quickly.

4 weeks later
#197 11 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

SOOOO psyched to finally join the club Picked mine up yesterday. I have sorted out an opto issue and ordered the whole shebang of cointaker l.e.d's. I want the standup targets decals next. LOVE this game!
I am so far unable to find anyone with plastic protectors in stock, and also wondered if there are center apron decals available. I take it there aren't enough bsd games around to warrant making reproduction plastics??

Good to hear. So that means I get to keep mine! No more pressure to sell.

#203 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I'm ready now that he got his keep it in NJ

You'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands!

1 week later
#205 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I was experimenting with PDI non reflective glass on a few pins. My stern titles looked better but not awesome.
Put a sheet on BSD and wow, it is staying on. Looks great.

Good to know. Planning to pick up Invisiglass when I can get down to JJP.

On other note, anyone know who has complete plastic sets in stock? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

#208 11 years ago

Here's what I was doing Christmas Day. Ran short on red single posts so need to order parts and wait. Bummer.

With a little time to spare I've come up with some lighting mods I want to do. Red or purple LED at the back of the coffin ramp, lit when it's up. Red or blue GI spots on posts mounted above the slings pointed upfield. Possibly light the sanitarium, rats, and mystery scoops from below.

Note the Cliffy colored sleeves. Love the green for the ends of the mist trail.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#212 11 years ago

Anyone with a good source for lightening flippers?? The black repro ones are brittle junk unfortunately. At this point I'll take white/yellow or whatever other color may be available.

Brian

#217 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Good spot!
Now I want black W ones

Just be careful ... The repro black ones I purchased shattered within 50 games. Something wasn't right in the composite used.

#219 11 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

hey there all...how do I avoid scratching the side of the cab with the metal tab next to the graveyard when I lift the playfield.....just be more careful? or is there another trick to this.

It shouldn't be hitting the cabinet. Maybe you can bend it in a little(?). Alternately you can put thing felt strips down the side to prevent catching. They sell it at Pinrestore.com

Brian

1 week later
#224 11 years ago

Note to self ... measure each and every post I take out during a shop.

Thanks to this oversight I got to teardown BSD twice.

(Yes, those are three different lengths, and can't get mixed up!)

image.jpgimage.jpg

#229 11 years ago
Quoted from pinij93:

Good to know have to watch out for that when i do mine, thanks.

They are the two posts at the top of the coffin lift ramp, and one for the top of the shooter lane lift ramp.

Yes, do what TaylorVA recommends. Common sense told me to do this, but then ...

1 week later
#236 11 years ago

Ok, my BSD is cursed. Finished shopping it, and finally nailed down a problem with the left gate not opening (small wire on coil broke ... some fancy soldering and it works now).

So how does my BSD reward me ... ball gets stuck in the subway, I give it a smack on the right side, thumb hits the edge of the lockdown bar and poof, swells up like a balloon. Today, here's what it looks like.

Damn you Dracula!

IMG_7286.jpgIMG_7286.jpg

#237 11 years ago

On a lighter note ... I put a couple of custom LEDs in. Purple LED mounted on the underside of the coffin, inside the ball chute.

Also put red LEDs by the mystery and coffin scoops.

Used laydown sockets in all cases. Wired the scoops to GI, the coffin is wired to the PCB, so it flashes purple in sync with Dracula's speech.

Very cool stuff in person.

IMG_7282.jpgIMG_7282.jpg

#238 11 years ago

Finished up a few nagging items today. For now BSD is done and ready to play.

Note the subtle LEDs at the Mystery and Coffin scoops. Purple LED inside the Coffin.

IMG_7288.jpgIMG_7288.jpg IMG_7289.jpgIMG_7289.jpg

3 weeks later
#252 11 years ago
Quoted from Almost4200hp:

Could you tell me which size posts go where ? I had a problem with mine bouncing shots up the lift ramp because there was a step at the top - looks like a previous owner had got them mixed up..

Sorry, I didn't measure them. Not sure where this info might be. Anyone else?

4 months later
#394 10 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Glad you noticed. It looks even better in person... I have separated the blue/white lamps a bit to get the most of the blue clouds and the reds of the letters in Dracula. The violet on the bottom really makes the battle field scene it's own image and no longer just blends with the images around it.
This picture shows the colors. Everything else is just regular 555's or cool white LED's. Hope this helps.

Nicely done!

I've been reluctant to use LEDs behind backglasses/translites, but this looks great.

#415 10 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Can't get my diverter to divert anymore. Anyone have a pic from underneath it? Maybe I have something wrong

In solenoid test does the coil fire?

If so, then this "should" be easy. Check to see of you can manually move the diverter down, and then release it (lock below pf, IIRC). Mine had a problem where the shaft was dragging on a rubber. There's a rubber that routes very close to the shaft. If routed the wrong way your diverter will hang up.

Hope that helps,

Brian

#419 10 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

I am hoping someone can help with me regarding Mist multi ball, I was convinced it was the loose wiring from the EMI board near the magnet power board but it still has issues after reconnecting wires with new connector. I have even replaced the opto board as well.
I am now thinking it could be the optos themselves?
What happens is that when the game starts it loads the ball ready for mist multi ball, seconds later it drops the ball and repeats the process. So basically the ball never stays there for mist multiball.
Would any one know exactly what to look for?

Switch and solenoid tests all check out?

#428 10 years ago
Quoted from SSrig:

Lost mine in the Yarnell Fire. My fav pin of all time after owing 80 pins. Nice creepy theme, sound, great toys, cool Mist, Great ramps, Coffin, Nice art and amazing gameplay. If anyone is selling is selling a collector qual BSD let me know, unfortunately in the hunt. Had mine for 5yrs and it was never boring. Here is a vid of me escaping the house and yes Gameroom » YouTube video

Sorry to hear. That has to be a terrible feeling. So much loss played out over hours or days has to make you feel just sick.

I was a volunteer firefighter for years here in North Jersey. I've seen many bad things, but nothing like this.

1 month later
#523 10 years ago
Quoted from Almost4200hp:

Sorry, I asked the same question when I discovered the problem and no one was able to help - I'd already put mine back together with them in the wrong place but the game is U/S because of a board issue (no 5v power...) so I haven't got round to stripping it down and trying to correct it yet. Here's a photo of them side by side, posted earlier in this thread by another pinsider. Shows how close they are!

Hey, I recognize that thumb (it's mine).

Yes, the posts are very close in size. Measure when you remove each.

#546 10 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

What is the expected wear that you should find, at the spot on the pf where the ball lands from the launch? I looked at a routed machine that felt like it had a divot there. Closer look showed some minor wood loss. Would you avoid this machine? It is an LS pf and the rest of it looks pretty good.

I think wear here is inevitable. Depending on price I'd still consider it. You can barely see the area back there. Clean it, light touch up with acrylics, then carnauba, then mylar to prevent it getting any worse. If you decide to tear it down and have the pf done professionally they can remove the mylar and go to work.

#570 10 years ago

Now that's cool. Sure beats the bug-eyed Gary Oldman behind the over-smoked coffin lid plastic.

#575 10 years ago

Gary Oldman? ..... pretty sure Ron Jeremy did the posing for that figure

Dang it if I wasn't thinking the same thing ... but my mind went blank thinking of his name.

Yep, dead ringer....

Ron-Jeremy.jpgRon-Jeremy.jpg photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG

#586 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Anybody interested in it. I can make a batch ?

Interested... Sure looks nice. I'd like to see how it mounts, fit n finish, etc.

1 week later
#608 10 years ago

Could anyone post a picture of the left side gate please? Need to see the coil, spring and gate.
Cheers

Here's a teardown photo of the gate. Might have one more post-shop...
image.jpgimage.jpg

1 month later
#708 10 years ago

Hmm ... this would be a nice addition to the playfield:

review_succubus_1.jpgreview_succubus_1.jpg
2 months later
#853 10 years ago

This should help...

image-566.jpgimage-566.jpg
image-859.jpgimage-859.jpg
image-160.jpgimage-160.jpg

1 month later
#1099 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

BSD is quickly becoming my favorite game. The cabinet is all done and its on to the playfield.

image.jpg 277 KB

More pics please!

1 month later
#1294 9 years ago

BSD with my morning coffee today. Set my video mode to hard (Adjustments>Feature Adjustments>#24: a2.24 Video Mode Diff.). Lots o' fun. Definitely more of an adrenaline rush...

5 years later
#6979 4 years ago
Quoted from blazingsaddlz:

Could someone share with me the degrees of incline you guys have set on your machines?

Usually 6 to 6.5 degrees. I think I settled at 6.2 or so.

Yes, toothpicks and a couple of small clamps to hold them in place when you flip up the playfield. Often the flipper shafts get a heavy indent that the adjustment screws settle in ... so when you release the clamps they’re still not lined up right. I usually take them to the grinder to smooth them out a bit before installing ... or just buy new ones.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinster68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=pinster68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.