Topic Stats

• 7,173 posts
  • 590 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by dudah
  • Topic is favorited by 229 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,209 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191010_233110_130 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200219_194112 (resized).jpg
D235FBBE-A0A3-4E07-A2E1-2F7FF1F0DAD1 (resized).jpeg
View album “Recents” (resized).png
IMG_5136 (resized).jpg
IMG_5137 (resized).jpg
BSD post (resized).jpg
IMG_4444 (resized).jpg
IMG_1213 (resized).jpg
Drac (resized).jpg
IMG_1235 (resized).jpg
IMG_1234 (resized).jpg
IMG_1233 (resized).jpg
IMG_1217 (resized).jpg
20190813_172824 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (7 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (7 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (7 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (6 years ago)

Post #416 Plunger rebuild parts. Posted by vintage4life (6 years ago)

Post #483 Gameplay / Instruction cards Posted by tilted81 (6 years ago)

Post #563 Playfield Protector Posted by phishrace (6 years ago)

Post #677 Mystery Hole rewards Posted by Jodester (6 years ago)

Post #701 Coffin Ramp Rejecting fix - Clear plastic under headstone Posted by 27dnast (6 years ago)

Post #890 Pinball Rebel Instruction cards Posted by aobrien5 (6 years ago)

Post #958 Mounting the prototype plastics Posted by Drano (6 years ago)

Post #975 Mist Gate Troubleshooting Posted by Bryan_Kelly (6 years ago)

Post #1002 Making a Left Mist Gate? - Click the link Posted by aobrien5 (6 years ago)

Post #1065 BSD Shop Out Guide Posted by gtown (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phillybilly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5060 1 year ago

Hi everyone I have not been on pinside for a long time but just got a BSD on Sunday and love it. Not sure if I need to ask a mod to become a part of this owners section (no idea how it works) Anyway my only problem right now is my ball launch is somewhat inconsistent. I'd say it'll rattle up the lane and short plunge or not hit the drop target and just go through a top lane maybe 3 out of 10 or 15 launches. Any advice?

#5062 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

You just joined the club. Congrats!
Do you have the clear square plastic above the shooter lane right in front of the ramp? If you do, is it pointing toward you? It should be.

I do not. I am assuming it would be right past the metal ramp at the beginning of the plastic ramp with the screws on either side... nope nothing there. I saw a wire kind of hanging barely in the lane under the castle lock ball hold/release and seems to have helped. 1 weird plunge out of about 20 or so. Thanks!

#5063 1 year ago

I have noticed something also strange, instead of saying "REPLAY AT 299,000,000" on the DMD while in playing a game (typically between ball 2 and 3) it says "BALL 2 299,000,000" is that supposed to say that? I figured it would say "replay at"

can I change that?

#5066 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Here you go, get a new one. The other clear plastic prevents rejects from the right ramp, so make sure you have that one too.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/173278432/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-clear

my ball is not jumping up at all when I launch it so for now I do not think i need that shooter lane plastic and I have the coffin ramp plastic already on there.

#5079 1 year ago

I am relatively new to working on Pins but I have some knowledge... I just played a game and when the ball goes into the mystery/mist MB it will sometimes kick out into the right inlane as it should, or sometimes it takes an extra 4 or five seconds or it will have to do a ball search. What should I be looking at or checking? Thanks in advance. It will register mist MB and mystery just fine and I can hear the ball get all the way into the VUK and that is where it sits or launches up depending.

SOLVED: I think I did at least. I took out the opto for the VUK and gave it a cleaning and then tested it with the game on while they were out of the VUK. They were working every test and then put them back it and seems to be working fine now. Glad it was so easy...for now.

#5081 1 year ago

So my first coffin lock just started staying half lit or dim, but it’s on all the time. It fully lights when lock one is triggers. Amy ideas to fix? Change out for non ghosting bulb maybe? All my lamp fuses are fine.

79442DBE-8ADC-4662-9E11-A5AC68654B6F (resized).jpeg

#5085 1 year ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

So the project is looking really good, what do you think guys.....
» YouTube video
One question I would like to use a couple of LEDs of n the playfield, blues(sling shots) and purples on the sides, the rest the original lamps, I really like the warm yellow as been designed. What type of leds do you suggest and where can I get them? I guess to replace some 555, 44 and 89 flashers. Thanks
Gustavo

I have been using a lot of Blue, Purple, and limited green and red and 2 amber to the right of video inserts. Also lit up the grave yard with a 4 inch green LED strip. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND comet pinball. The product is great along with the service and fast shipping. Heck They'll probably ship your order today if you order soon. I am about to put an order in myself.

#5093 1 year ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Thanks, theres lots of different ones, any one in specific ? Thanks
Gustavo

EH, I kind of ordered a hodge podge and tested different ones until I liked what I had. Non Ghosting in your coffin lock sockets, and purple passions are really nice.

#5095 1 year ago

I kind of did something from similar but I put a 4inch green LED strip from comet above the graveyard.

IMG_2389 (resized).JPG

IMG_2390 (resized).JPG

#5116 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I went with doing a blue led strip across the entire back of the game. Really brings out the blue in the ramp decals

i have a big long blue one where yours is as well. then a for inch green all the way to the left.

#5117 1 year ago

SO when my ball goes into the mist/mystery hole it trails down the under ramp and sometimes gets caught stuck right after the plastic ramp and barely not enough to fall in the opto hole. it take a small nudge to the left have it fall in but annoying. any thoughts before I take this damn thing apart? Any advice on a tiny ball hop on the left flipper as well? Again...I am rather new to working on games but been studying and reading and watching tons of videos.

#5119 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Make sure the plastic subway is above the metal weldment it's rolling onto.
Loosen the lane guide and hold it up toward the top of the playfield while tightening it so the ball will roll smoothly.

I figured it out. The ramp was over the metal but the vertical wire habit trail need to slide forward a bit cause the ball was catch against one of the wire legs and the ramp. now it's smooth as ice!

New Problem: my with flipper/ inlane has a bit of a ball hop. and haven't figured that out yet.

#5121 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That was my second sentence.

Thanks I’ll give it a whirl.

1 week later
#5150 1 year ago

Having inconsistent ball launches again. Seems to rattle when it drops downs from the launch trail right at the video lights. Also its doesn’t happen often but it’ll drain my multiballs and I’m back down to one ball and end my game. Any thoughts?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phillybilly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside