Topic Stats

• 7,139 posts
  • 587 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by gearheaddropping
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Drac (resized).jpg
IMG_1235 (resized).jpg
IMG_1234 (resized).jpg
IMG_1233 (resized).jpg
IMG_1217 (resized).jpg
20190813_172824 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg
20190804_130029 (resized).jpg
20190810_152719 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190802_194328 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190831_104258 (resized).jpg
20190811_180226 (resized).jpg
38D534DB-4855-4BA4-B2F7-6CC28DAD4669 (resized).jpeg
BSD WIP 02 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (7 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (7 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (7 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (6 years ago)

Post #416 Plunger rebuild parts. Posted by vintage4life (6 years ago)

Post #483 Gameplay / Instruction cards Posted by tilted81 (6 years ago)

Post #563 Playfield Protector Posted by phishrace (6 years ago)

Post #677 Mystery Hole rewards Posted by Jodester (6 years ago)

Post #701 Coffin Ramp Rejecting fix - Clear plastic under headstone Posted by 27dnast (6 years ago)

Post #890 Pinball Rebel Instruction cards Posted by aobrien5 (6 years ago)

Post #958 Mounting the prototype plastics Posted by Drano (5 years ago)

Post #975 Mist Gate Troubleshooting Posted by Bryan_Kelly (5 years ago)

Post #1002 Making a Left Mist Gate? - Click the link Posted by aobrien5 (5 years ago)

Post #1065 BSD Shop Out Guide Posted by gtown (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phat_jay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5347 1 year ago

We’re in the club! Thanks to lpeters82 !

634C3937-8665-4315-B33B-1CC9032A8D2F (resized).jpeg
#5349 1 year ago

Enjoying it immensely, my favorite part is slamming renfield into the bars. But master.....slam. That and Buffy, idk why on that one. Just stupidly funny. Great game, can be very dark and difficult. I have no idea why it isn’t a top 20 game. It’s a movie theme I’ve come to appreciate more with time. If you get a chance watch the cut scenes, I think they add a lot to the movie. my Favorite line is “if my beloved burns in hell then so shall I”.

#5350 1 year ago

Deleted

1 week later
#5381 1 year ago

It’s alive! Oops wrong theme..anyways just completed a rebuild of my driver boards caps. Had a restart couple days ago, took one look at the caps and said yup, it’s time. Was just gonna do c4/c5 and retest. But...figured while I was under the hood, do em all. I opted to go with the original cap size for c4, some recommend a little more juice, but I opted for oe spec’d. Played this evening without a reset, game seems a little more lively. Maybe it’s in my head, but ramps seemed a little easier to hit. A little. Good to have him back in the land of the living....living dead that is.

#5393 1 year ago

Having a problem with my bsd, every once in awhile the ball launch sound is missing. Is that sound activated by the switch in the shooter lane or the launch button? Or is it a intermittent board issue? Thx!

#5403 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

The one I have is skinny and wobbles around in the hole

Sounds like a personal problem.....

#5407 1 year ago

I think we all need to rate or re rate the game. Bsd deserves better than 36. And maybe if we start listing ours for sale at some ungodly level, the pinside value will shoot up.

#5419 1 year ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

What size are those Hex standoffs that sit on top of that plastic so the next plastic can attach to it? Are there 3 of them and are they all the same size?

No they’re not, I think there diff by an eighth or so. Very close tho.

#5439 1 year ago

Oh how i love bsd. My last 3 games...48mil, 3mil, 154mil... didnt do any diff strategy. Man on 3mil game the dang ball never even hit a flipper on one of the balls. Such a everything or nothing game. I hate it, and love it for that reason.

#5454 1 year ago

Anybody sell the square multiball inserts with the lettering applied? Otherwise I’ll have to order the inserts and print them out. Rather just pay someone else...

#5463 1 year ago

Ovaries!, rotfl!

#5472 1 year ago

Nice I need a coffin ramp, mines scratched.....to hell.

1 month later
#5769 1 year ago

Just checked our audits....we’ve had our bsd for about three months and we rolled 1000 plays! Damn fun game!

1 week later
#5817 1 year ago

Where can I find the blued steel ramp guides? mine are giving too much these days and have formed a little divet.

3 weeks later
#5896 1 year ago

Anybody know where switch 85 is? Getting an error, says left ramp diverted but diverter is working properly, at least it seems.

#5901 1 year ago

I’ll give it a check tonight, thx! As part of a different project I swapped driver boards, and the problem remained so it’s definately a playfield issue.

#5909 1 year ago

Yw! I ordered the same part a few weeks ago, along with the lower part. Still gotta bolt it all up, just got the rivets and tool from Marcos.

#5911 1 year ago

Nope I need a set myself! The one by the ball launch is dented to crap on mine.

#5919 1 year ago

Ball launch cover

1 week later
#5968 1 year ago

Mine does at startup I kno, not sure during coil test but I believe it would. Mine likes to rub on ramp sometimes slowing it down.

2 weeks later
#6001 1 year ago

How long you guys figure to do a playfield swap? Never done one before but i do my own work and am mech inclined.

#6014 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

If you've never done one, figure twice as long as anyone tells you. Time also depends on if you're just doing a swap or cleaning and rebuilding everything.
I will say, BSD is complicated and time consuming. It might be the heaviest playfield I've ever dealt with and there's a LOT of shit on it...topside and bottom side. Maybe not the first one you'd want to do, but I guess you have to start somewhere.

I have a playfield to swap out with, mine has a lot of insert wear. The other option is to swap inserts and retouch the edges. Trying to decide what I want to do. Is it possible to do it in a weekend? I may run the parts through an ultrasonic cleaner but other than that wasn’t planning on doing a full refurb.

#6017 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I wouldn't risk swapping inserts as I'm sure it'll be a pain and could cause damage. Besides, you've got a decent replacement playfield to make the swap

Yes I do, thanks to you!

#6031 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

I am doing AFM right now, and in Bryan's own words - it's one of the easiest ones to do.
It has taken me about one full weekend of effort to get the PF down to almost complete bare minimum to be lifted out of the cabinet.
If you can do a complete teardown and rebuild on BSD all by yourself with no one else's help and have the game fully up and running with zero errors in a 48 hours period, you should quit your day job and start taking requests.....

It’s difficult but not impossible. I used to do head gaskets on 90’s 4 cyl fords in 3 hrs flat. Tear down, repair, reinstall. As long as no machining required. So I think I can handle it. I definately wish I had a helper tho that has done it before. I have done a top side teardown already, it’s the underside I’m worried about. Where I get in trouble is if I don’t do it in one long pull, if I leave the project for a day or two and come back then things get fuzzy. That’s where the trusty cell phone pics come in.

1 month later
#6164 11 months ago

“Pc load letter? Wtf does that mean?”

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Zamora, CL
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 5.00
$ 5.00
$ 11.00
$ 50.00
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Trade
Sale Pending!
Lafayette, IN
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 63.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Buckner, MO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Sale Pending!
Fairfield, IA
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phat_jay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside