New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 29878)

Bram Stokers Dracula Club....Welcome to the Carpathians

By shacklersrevenge

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,510 posts
  • 620 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by PinballWizard666
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,341 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
BSD01 (resized).jpg
097325fd00492438923e621018ba9ac7a7d7e45e (resized).jpg
IMG_8258 (resized).JPG
Resized_20200816_205943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0388 (resized).jpg
IMG_0387 (resized).jpg
448746-i (resized).jpg
20200714_162825 (resized).jpg
bsd001 (resized).jpg
bsd003 (resized).jpg
bsd002 (resized).jpg
BSD Score (resized).jpg
D13759A0-40C3-4579-AEEE-E113D7FE453B (resized).jpeg
808B0692-1345-4644-BA30-276CDB3496C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (7 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (7 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (7 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (7 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (7 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider norcalrealtor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#603 7 years ago

Price check for a nice example with a clean, unfaded cabinet and no errors?

It's been years since I owned a BSD, back when they were $1200-$1500. I know those days are long gone.

1 week later
#611 7 years ago

I just brought home a BSD, and the first issue I noticed is the playfield glass is touching the top of the tombstone cross. It drags along the top edge when I slide the glass in & out, and I'm afraid it could get snapped off. Also, it's causing the sticker on top of the tombstone to peel back.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Any ideas for an easy fix?

#615 7 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

hi nor cal, are you talking about the metal tombstone behind the coffin? if so there is a screw on top that needs to be tightened. joe

Thanks, Joe! That screw on the top piece did need tightening, but the glass is still dragging the front piece of the tombstone. You know, the cross-shaped one with the lamps. Is it possible to lower that thing?

1 week later
3 months later
#960 6 years ago

I'm looking to upgrade my BSD to an even nicer BSD. If anyone has a top condition BSD in the SF Bay Area/Nor Cal area that you'd let go, please pm me with details & price.

p.s. Willing to pay good money, but not looking to own the record for Highest Price Ever Paid for BSD.

Thanks

1 week later
#995 6 years ago

FS- BSD Werewolf mod. New/unused. $80 shipped within Continental US. 1 available. First PM gets it.

3 weeks later
#1120 6 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Officially joined the club last week. Something I am working on for mine right now. Still WIP right now, but getting close.

20140222_1647422.jpg 197 KB

Awww. He's all tucked in.

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from Raven2012:

Just finished with mine, this machine was left for dead but i blew new eternal life into it

LOL. "Our love (for BSD) is stronger than death!"

Does that chrome molding use adhesive, or did you route a track for it?

Also, is that the Pinballbulbs LED kit? If so, would you recommend it?

1 week later
#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

To those who have contacted me about those plastics they will be coming, havent mailed yet, monday for sure they will go out, sorry!

Just received mine. Thanks CF! Owe you one.

1 month later
#1342 6 years ago

Just wanted to put in a good word for pinballbulbs.com. I just finished installing their BSD lighting kit and it looks fantastic. It was about $200 (choke), but you get more than just bulbs. 2 led light strips and 4 spotlights are included. Their color choices are goo, and I really like what the light strips added to the game.

Only downsides for me were several missing bulbs (which they were quick to ship out once I alerted them), and having to pry the caps off several frosted bulbs. For the sockets that call for supers (aka clears) why not just send clears? The frosted caps are glued on and not all came off easily.

All-in-all a great purchase. My BSD looks amazing.

#1347 6 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

Post some pics! id like to see the look of the kit if yah wouldn't mind. Im going to be tackling LEDs on my BSD soon enough.

Will do! Can't this weekend, but next week for sure.

#1377 6 years ago

As promised, pics of my BSD after installing the Pinballbulbs.com kit. It also has the Gothic Cross mod, Cliffy set, plastic protectors, Pinball Pro speakers, and chrome back box trim. There are no limits to science!

DSC_3238.JPG

DSC_3111.jpg
DSC_3248.JPG
DSC_3249.JPG

#1383 6 years ago
Quoted from kevinleedrum:

Some of the choices are odd (the one red multiball insert, the four spolights, and having blue instead of red in the back right corner)... But it's actually pretty awesome.

I wasn't sure if the spotlights were needed, but now that they're in I really like them. The PF artwork is much more visible and really pops, and it's easier to play in the dark.

All that blue in the back is from an LED light strip mounted above. There's also an LED strip in the ball trough (purple I think). "There are no limits to science."

Quoted from mcclad:

I keep looking at the pictures. What a sharp looking machine.

Thanks! One of the best '90s art packages IMO. A real beauty. Makes my new Sterns look soulless.

1 week later
#1466 6 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

its official.

2014-04-29 19.13.46.jpg 187 KB

2014-04-29 21.29.37.jpg 266 KB

I'm liking the chrome! How much did it set you back? How difficult was it to get the side rails off and on?

1 week later
#1521 6 years ago
Quoted from raulos:

Anyone got non-ghosting patched rom?

Check Ebay. I've seen them there for about $10.

#1543 6 years ago

BSD down! My game has a short. Report says Ground Short on row 3. Same fuse keeps blowing and killing the power to the opto board. No point in continuing to replace the fuse until finding and eliminating the cause for the short. Any ideas on what could be causing it? It seems to occur when lifting the playfield up and down. My tech came out today and was unable to identify the culprit. He took the CPU board with him to run some tests to make sure it's not a bad chip or something. Process of elimination.

2 weeks later
#1587 6 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Well hopefully your tech will find whats wrong but if you still had the board, look at the report and find the same colored wires on the cpu board, unhook that connector and power up the game, if the error goes away you have a something shorted at the playfield level if error is still present with that particular connector removed its at the board level.

Good tip! I'll definitely try that.

#1588 6 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

No more rejects when this plastic is installed

BSD_Battlesuit.JPG 63 KB

I usually think aftermarket toppers looks like crap, but that one is bad ass! Care to share where you got it and how you lit it up?

#1597 6 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Well thank you sir
It's more of a DIY topper.
I used an model Horizon Dracula in Battlesuit (but more of a Thailand spin-off )
Like this : ebay.com link ยป Hor040 Bram Stokers Dracula In Armor
Assemble and paint.
Feeded two orange prewired LED's (6-16V) for his eyes. Thought it was too bright, and used fragments of a Cointaker frost dome to tone it down some notches.
Put a red-spot at the base, shining upwards and giving that Shadow on the ceiling.
Leeched 12V through the vent holes from the powerboard.
The model kit comes with full size legs, but due to ceiling clearance i had to make the Luitenant Dan version
As compensation he holds a pinball

BSD_topper-Battle.JPG 31 KB

BSD_topper-Battle2.JPG 46 KB

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I'd love to do something similar to my BSD, but unfortunately I'll need to sell it pretty soon due to the Hobbit I just ordered. Possibly a stupid ass move. I guess I'll find out when Hobbit comes out.

1 month later
#1749 6 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

Alternately, if you want to spend a little more and move to LED you can get a red X-PIn
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=XP-DMD4096-R

Don't need one for this game. The stock DMD is standard orange/amber. The red film on the speaker panel makes it red.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 5.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider norcalrealtor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside