Topic Stats

• 7,077 posts
  • 582 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Bryan_Kelly
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,166 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F197EAA3-7446-4D65-929E-ECB88C6E4BD3 (resized).jpeg
6EA6A59A-A725-4ED9-BF7E-D72429CD5999 (resized).jpeg
448746-i (resized).jpg
20191201_152342 (resized).jpg
60CB2AC9-FB91-4FF5-BF21-2F0FDEA4EF08 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
3FCBDE80-5B20-4A0E-83E1-7E2F656F7D3D (resized).jpeg
07EB1F94-8220-49F1-827C-7D4F7055A033 (resized).png
45b57485-6e3c-43a4-a4a3-99d7e1b9310b.jpg
IMG_1184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).JPEG
6A1B4B38-F3E8-4A39-A314-3CC6AB7CA6B2 (resized).jpeg
BB8D3338-DC72-453A-88D0-B443CEA784A8 (resized).jpeg
FB7F8BCC-4D6E-429B-8902-8E0640006127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (7 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (7 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (7 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (6 years ago)

Post #416 Plunger rebuild parts. Posted by vintage4life (6 years ago)

Post #483 Gameplay / Instruction cards Posted by tilted81 (6 years ago)

Post #563 Playfield Protector Posted by phishrace (6 years ago)

Post #677 Mystery Hole rewards Posted by Jodester (6 years ago)

Post #701 Coffin Ramp Rejecting fix - Clear plastic under headstone Posted by 27dnast (6 years ago)

Post #890 Pinball Rebel Instruction cards Posted by aobrien5 (5 years ago)

Post #958 Mounting the prototype plastics Posted by Drano (5 years ago)

Post #975 Mist Gate Troubleshooting Posted by Bryan_Kelly (5 years ago)

Post #1002 Making a Left Mist Gate? - Click the link Posted by aobrien5 (5 years ago)

Post #1065 BSD Shop Out Guide Posted by gtown (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neurokinetik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2048 5 years ago

Finally able to join this club. Wish I had joined years ago when the game was going for under $1000!

Got mine back from York (thanks again Carl!) and now the work begins. The cat is already looking forward to sleeping on the backbox.

IMG_1384.jpg
#2054 5 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Was this the one at the show that was priced at $2k? It looked pretty nice! Played well, seemed to work 100% from what I could tell. Great deal!

No, this one was not actually at the show. I picked it up from Carl, a fellow pinsider, who happens to be right in York. I'd put condition as very good to excellent player quality, but with some TLC and sending out the playfield for some minor restoration and a good clearcoat, this could be a nice collector quality machine. He was upfront and honest about the condition of the game, so I'm satisfied with the deal.

I'm very grateful to Carl to honoring my "first in line" place, even though there was plenty of interest in the game. I'm also grateful for the help in getting it into the van, and that it was already out of the basement when I arrived (that did not look fun, at all).

Post edited by neurokinetik: derp. wrong picture

IMG_1386.jpg
#2068 5 years ago

Here's what I've done so far on my BSD:

- Added LED OCD
- fixed bubble level (it was backwards)
- replaced several insert light incandescents with color-matched LEDs, and swapped over some previously installed LEDs with different ones that I've found to work to my liking on other games.
- replaced missing beer seal
- replaced ball launch button that I broke when trying to replace its lamp with an LED.
- replaced the speakers with a Flipper Fidelity kit (the old cabinet speaker was TOAST, )
- replace missing tilt bob
- switched flippers back to lightning flippers with red rubber
- tweaked left mist gate that was sticking in the up position

A couple of pics. The existing cabinet speaker. Carl said the game was much better with an external subwoofer. I can see why!

2nd pic, just look at those colors now! I am using mostly color-matched Ablaze quads, with the exceptions of yellow inserts, where I use premium warm whites either with or without a clear dome. With the LED OCD, the brighter the LED, the more flexibility I have when tweaking the brighness overall. I can always make them dimmer, but I can't go the other way.

IMG_1395.jpg
IMG_1397.jpg

3 weeks later
#2119 5 years ago

Recently had one of those "I learned something new" moments. I noticed a little while ago while shining a UV flashlight on my pins to see what glowed, that the BSD playfield has a serial number that is only visible with UV light. Never seen that before, and neither of my other pins have it.

IMG_1402.JPG
1 week later
#2126 5 years ago

Under 4 million, based upon what I have seen.

2 weeks later
#2174 5 years ago

OK, I recently noticed that the GI does not dim on my BSD. In GI test mode, settings 1-8 all are the same brightness. I do have GI dimming enabled, I checked this first.

It does do the normal blinking during specific times in the game, and during attract mode, but any given string is either on, or off, nothing in between.

Just wanted to make sure that BSD is actually supposed to have GI dimming functionality before I start to troubleshoot it.

4 weeks later
#2182 4 years ago
Quoted from AJNada:

Has anyone heard the quotes "I am beginning to see many strange things" or something like that? I think it's from Keanu Reeve's character in the film. He also says something like "I now know I have become a prisoner." Anyone know what triggers these quotes and/or what they mean in the game?

"I've seen many strange things already!"

These are quotes that you get for having Castle Lock lit. Why they seem to occur much less frequently than the creepy laugh sound is a bit of a mystery though.

1 week later
#2196 4 years ago
Quoted from JWV:

Also noticed that the Coffin ramp is sometimes raised after a skill shot is made, but I don't understand the circumstances yet (thought 3 skill shots in a row, though that's not true).

Making the skill shot, besides the obvious points, does two other things: It spots one coffin ramp shot, and also spots one letter in V-I-D-E-O. So if you were one shot away from opening the coffin, and then make the skill shot, it will open the coffin.

3 weeks later
#2256 4 years ago

Just when I thought I knew all of the rules to BSD in and out, I stumbled across something last night that I'd not seen before. Had my best game ever going, managed to stack all three multiballs on ball 3. While that was going on, I started and finished rats (pretty quickly, as expected since I still had four balls in play).

Now, the puzzling part. My rats bonus was a little over 112M. I would have expected it to be 3x the normal total, which would have put it more like 36M. I'm pretty sure this was the first and only time I started rats in the game. I've done bats before with the stack, and it does double and triple like expected. So why that total for rats?

#2261 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Someone needs to do the math on that. Maybe it's tripling the total for each switch rather than the total. I'd always seen that, but never thought about it. Bug?

According to Pinball Arcade, the scoring is as follows (there are supposed to be 15 rats in the mode):
First rat is 500,000. Every rat after that is worth 50,000 more than the previous, with a maximum of 1,000,000. When you add up the total, it gives 12,250,000. I could have sworn the total is always 13,250,000, so firstly, it seems like there are actually 16 rats.

When I just triple the point value for each rat, I get a total of 39,750,000 for 16 rats (1.5M starting value, +150k per rat up to 3M).

If I triple that end value, I get 119,250,000. Maybe I saw it incorrectly as 112M at end of ball, but it could actually be tripling the score for each rat, and then tripling the bonus again. That would certainly be a bug.

EDIT: testing with the glass off, I get 113,250,000.

Post edited by neurokinetik: commas make for easier reading

#2291 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Have you rebuilt the flippers ?mine are almost to strong

That's the way mine are (and they are all the correct parts). On mine, it is actually possible to make the left ramp from the left flipper (though very difficult) and the right ramp from the right flipper (not terribly difficult). I have even knocked the mist ball all the way up the left ramp for a castle lock (once, and from the right flipper).
I had to add foam to the left ramp diverter to keep the ball on the habitrail.

1 week later
#2369 4 years ago

Nobody has colorized Dracula yet. So you'd still be stuck with a single color display, though it would not have to be red.

#2373 4 years ago

I bought a yellow set from Marco back in October, and they have held up for 400+ games so far. They seemed to be built as well as original Williams.

1 week later
#2453 4 years ago

That part might just be one of the normal BSD annoyances. Going into video mode when it isn't supposed to (i.e. when a multiball is running) is a known bug in the game.

#2460 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea I wish someone would do a new rom fixing the bugs and maybe adding some more stuff in then the game would be probably one of the best as its already great

I know I brought up all of the known issues in the PPS thread. Not sure where things stand, though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wish-list-of-bugs-in-wmsbly-wpcwpc95-code-to-fix

2 months later
#2610 4 years ago

You have to remove the castle and the village to access that post to move it. It's a much bigger pain on this game than most.

#2618 4 years ago

The posts that adjust are the ones right above the extra ball/special inserts. Yes, you also have to remove the plastics to get to them (and anything that is in the way of those plastics - hence why I say that making this adjustment is more difficult on this game).

Before you disassemble everything, however, closely study how the spring is oriented on the left mist gate, as getting it wrong will make the gate loose and allow balls to sneak in there.

4 months later
#2971 4 years ago

I didn't post a pic, but +1 on the Mcclad paintjobs. The only downside to these parts is that now that coffin is an obvious eyesore.

What I think would look great is a realistic white marble texture. I'd never even heard of hydro dipping until one of my friends showed a video of the process, but it looks like a convincing texture could be applied to the coffin using the technique.

Just one of many examples I found online. In this case both the pick plate and the guitar body were done.

6b8eabbddec624b19725c99c5bc8090e.jpg

#2973 4 years ago

No idea. It might require a clearcoat application to preserve it, but I'm seeing it on game controllers, guitars, motorcycle helmets, etc, so it has to at least be possible to make it durable.

I just searched, people here are using it for pinball parts, with great results.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-supercharger-mod#post-2498894

#2977 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Isn't that what the Buffy pinball guy did with his ramps, too?

Yes, it is.

1 week later
#2999 4 years ago
Quoted from Xtra_Ball:

Hey looking good! How do you get the graveyard off? I just painted the castle part.

Getting that graveyard off sucks. Since all of the screws are on the bottom, it requires removal of the left ramp, which also means you have to at least loosen or remove parts of the right ramp and castle habitrail as well. At least, that is how I did it.

2 weeks later
#3025 4 years ago

Conical springs do not belong on a WPC flipper. There should only be the "pull tension" type springs.

6 months later
#3380 3 years ago

I agree with 27dnast: Get the coffin open and you've got an easy shot to send into the middle of the pops. I wouldn't worry too much about trying to max out bats the first time through. If you hit enough ramps, you'll get another opportunity anyway, and doing it with stacked multiballs makes it worth much more (and easier to complete).

4 months later
#3741 3 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

It actually doesn't work on this game. The random point awards will still always be random.

Much more random and unbalanced in tournament mode, actually.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 5.00
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Elkhart, IN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Oceanside, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5.00
$ 25.00
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neurokinetik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside