IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg
20240314_090424 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (10 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miketangoindia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1943 9 years ago

Hey guys new owner of BSD as of last week!! Super pumped! First post but long time lurker. I've learned tons from this awesome forum! Anyway I've got my BSD pretty dialed in I think. One issue that I can't figure out though is the ball plunge sound is intermittent. Ya know, the scream/jet engine sound upon firing the ball haha. It works about 30-40 percent of the time. I LOVE this game and especially the theme. Any ideas? Thanks!

#1948 9 years ago

Phishrace, awesome thanks that's what I kind of thought. I tested the shooter lane switch (with finger and a ball) in switch edge test and it works fine. Is it possible that it would still be flaky and not trigger the sound clip? I also sometimes get a switch 41 (ball trough) error. It appears the balls aren't rolling across the trough switches like they should sometimes. Could that contribute to the shooter lane switch problem maybe? Thanks everyone!

#1949 9 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I need some help with my BSD. When it starts 'Bats Mode', the Castle Lock will let out 2 balls instead of 1. It's not in a multiball mode, just Bats. When I let one of the balls drain, the game doesn't recognize it until the 2nd ball is drained as well.
Also, the Rats outhole fires out randomly every time. Sometimes on top of the right slingshot, sometimes to the right flipper, or even SDTM.
Where to start? Any help would be appreciated! I love this game and look forward to working on it.

I had the same issue with my castle lock. If you look at the shaft that holds the balls in the castle lock it needs to be in the center of the wire ramp. If it is off to the side at all the balls will roll past every time. Anyway, simple fix just loosen up the nut (if it isn't already) that holds the wire ramp in place and slide the whole thing "up" until the solenoid shaft is centered again.

#1952 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Likely your trough switch that is causing the issue. Check for grooves in the trough, magnetized balls and adjust/ replace switch 41. Remove the apron and roll a ball slowly over each trough switch while in switch test for starters.

So I figured out the intermittent ball plunge sound. I took the apron off and watched what was going on in the ball trough/shooter lane. So it turns out the solenoid that launches the ball is sticking after the ball launches which continues to hold the shooter lane switch down. The machine doesn't know the ball has launched and so the sound clip never triggers. Do you know what would cause it to stay out and not retract?

#1955 9 years ago

So I have a new problem as of today when I was going to go try to fix my shooter coil hahha. When I went to turn on the game only half of the GI comes on! The whole lower half is out. It was working fine last time I had it on. I put in LEDs a few days ago, maybe that has something to do with it?

#1959 9 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for the responses I'll look at all of those places.

#1960 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

C

Check the connectors on the power board. Could just be getting crisply or need a reset. If they look good, check continuity...maybe you broke a wire when you were installing LEDs...

Quoted from Atomicboy:

One of the most common issues, j120 and j121 on the driver board, near the bottom left. You will see brown or black in the connectors. Repin with molex connectors and trifurcon pins.

Man you guys are good! hahah. It was just as you said, the J120 connector. It was a little crispy (actually broke in half when i was pulling it out) and kinda burnt. I reconnected and wiggled the wires a little to test it out and the lower GI came back on. I will order some molex connectors. Thanks again!

3 weeks later
#2020 9 years ago

Hey everybody, working out some possible sound issues with my BSD. When I run a sound/music test I only have 11 clips that play. Some are music and some are speech. I know there are WAY more than 11 sound clips in the game. Is this correct amount for the test? Can someone run a sound/music test and see how many play on their machine? Thanks as always!!

#2024 9 years ago

I have the triangular one.image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

3 weeks later
#2080 9 years ago

Nice job! I still have no ever achieved castle multi ball lol. I must really suck haha. I have started the other two multiball a but castle seems to be the most challenging!

#2085 9 years ago

Got some weird issues going on. Whenever I get Coffin and Castle multiball (got castle for the first time tonight BTW) it never does the "10 million" or "20 million" callouts. Mist multiball does the 10 Million callout no prob. I still have not had all three MB's going all at once so I dont know what happens during that haha. Also my coffin multiball never ended tonight. I had to restart the game eventually. It just went on, and on, and on launching more balls even after several drains of all 3 balls. Its almost like it was confused as to how many balls were in play. So basically:

Problem 1: No points callouts from dracula. (only hear 10 million during mist)
Problem 2: Never ending coffin and castle multiball.

Anyone ever have anything like this? Factory reset? New ribbon cables? As usual thanks for the help!!

#2088 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Mist multi enables the 10 mil call out. You will not hear "10 million" unless you enable Mist first. See Bowen's 40 video for proof starting at the 13:12 and the 16:12 mark:
» YouTube video
As far as your never-ending multiball issues, 2 things to focus on:
The castle and coffin multiball are controlled by the same opto board. There could be something wonky going on with your opto board, or it could be something as simple as a sticking trough switch. I would take your apron off and play with the apron removed so you can see what's going on with the trough switches. There just may be a sticking one in the trough.
Let us know!

Thanks for the quick response!! What you said makes total sense haha. This is such a difficult game that I really have no consistency with each game so I cannot get a feel for what is normal gameplay or a problem arising. As far as trough switch, I do get a switch 41 error (trough switch) pretty often. Damn you're good!! hahaha... I will replace switch 41 and I will watch that video again now that I actually own the game it might make more sense now lol. Again thank you very much.

#2090 9 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Looking at the switch matrix, column 5 has several optos that you may be having problems with. Check out the switch matrix and those optos.
I know this sounds extreme, but every time I get a pin, all my boards get sent to Coin-Op Cauldron which guarantees I won't have to troubleshoot any board issues. Then I'll know all my issues are playfield or harness related which to me is far easier/more fun to troubleshoot. These Williams/Bally games are getting to be 20+ years old. People are starting to find certain capacitors need replaced that cause weirdness, that is just not fun for me to troubleshoot.

Thank you I will check the optos as well!

#2098 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Forgot to mention...
The other 'mod' I have on this game is conventional blue flipper rubbers. I've found that they are generally a little softer than factory black rubbers, which allows for better ball control. They're also fairly consistent in hardness too, unlike much softer conventional red or yellow rubbers. With these rubbers (and the upgraded coils), I can jack it up past 7 degrees and still make either ramp no problem.
I know I'm biased, but this setup is the best example of Fliptronic flippers I ever played. The flippers are snappy as hell, the control is outstanding, and despite the short lightning bats, the overall feel is perfect. If you want to learn how to do post passes using lightning bats, this is the setup to do it.

I'll def look into this upgrade thanks!

#2104 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

You're welcome . Glad I could help. BSD is quite a unique beast, and yeah, if you're getting that error, that means that switch more than likely needs to be adjusted. If I recall correctly, you can tweak the metal arms that cause the switch to "click" when it is engaged.
Typically, when you "occasionally" get a switch error, that means that switch is not being tripped for x > 30 games or so. So what's happening for you is most of the time the switch is not tripping and then randomly the ball rolling over it gives just enough force to engage the switch and the switch error goes away.
Take your PF glass off, bring your table up and out, and identify which switch is 41. I am pretty sure it is the 4th switch or the first one the ball rolls over once exiting the PF. Trip it with your finger and see if you hear it "click" - basically your hand is acting as the ball. If you do not hear a very obvious "click", try adjusting the metal arm. Test your other switches so you know what to expect from the "suspect" one. Always do this kind of stuff with the game off and unplugged from the wall. You never know what can happen with the game on or plugged it - trust me on this one.
If you clearly hear the suspected switch "click", fire the game up, go into switch test mode, and re-do your tests on the suspect switch. If the suspect switch activates in switch test mode, start a game and enable the coffin or castle multiball, then play the multiball out and see if when all but one ball drain that the mode stops. If it does, you're good my man!
Let us know what you find !

I have been playing BSD quite a bit and the credit dot related to SWITCH 41 error comes and goes. So that leads me to believe it just needs adjustment. I still have not had time to really take the apron off and adjust/replace anything yet (I work weekends). I am very confident that Switch 41 is the problem to endless Castle and Coffin MB though. The 10,20,30 million callouts are 100% related to MIST multiball as you said!!! I cant believe that I never noticed that....wow haha. Mist needs to be activated for Dracula to do the callouts man I feel dumb oh well. Im slowly getting the hang of this machine, and man the techniques it forces you to use/master make you better at other pinball machines. I can go dominate on my Roadshow after a long BSD session lolol. Ill keep you posted on switch 41 and the multiball issues.

#2107 9 years ago
Quoted from Solder_Splash:

Anyone using plastic protectors for their slings and center target bank? I don't feel like spending $25 on them. I have have some thin plexi glass and I'm thinking about making my own. Are they slightly oversized or should I cut them the exact same size as the plastic?

I actually just ordered a set from Pinball Decals last night. I have a set on my Roadshow and so far they are awesome. Fit great and look great! I figure the $25 is worth it to protect those plastics which are very hard to find and will probably cost you more than $25 to replace one even if you DO find them individually. Ill post a pic from Roadshow with them installed until I get my BSD ones!

#2108 9 years ago

Anyone using plastic protectors for their slings and center target bank? I don't feel like spending $25 on them. I have have some thin plexi glass and I'm thinking about making my own. Are they slightly oversized or should I cut them the exact same size as the plastic?

image-740.jpgimage-740.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#2110 9 years ago

Thanks! What's the thickness compared to the plastic itself?

They are actually pretty dang close to the thickness of the sling plastics. It looks like the protectors are a little bit thinner (I didnt get the micrometer out) but maybe 1/32" less. Really not much at all.

#2112 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Was playing a game lastnight, and at the end of a game when I went to start a new game, my ball launcher stopped working, and I noted the right ramp was in the "up" position. Went to solenoid test menu, and realized I had lost solenoids #1-#8.
Quick look in the manual, hey look, F105 controls those. Pulled the fuse and put in a new one. All is now well.

BSD_Bad_Fuse.jpg 53 KB

Nice! Good job. Always a good day when it's an easy fix. Question is, WHY did it blow hmmmmmm. Hahahha

2 weeks later
#2125 9 years ago

So I was playing BSD on pinball arcade the other day and had a horrible game. I lost all 3 balls pretty much immediately. Anyways, after the last ball drained I heard the quote "I feel like a blundering novice". I have never heard that quote on the real machine. I know it only plays if you have a ridiculously low score/horrible game. So my question is does anybody know what the target low score is to trigger that quote?

#2127 9 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

Under 4 million, based upon what I have seen.

Cool Thanks! Just curious to see if I can get the quote to trigger on my machine hahah. Ill most likely have to switch to 3 ball play.

1 week later
#2147 9 years ago

This type of game is rare (for me at least).
18 loops too!

20141124_223949.jpg 152 KB

Yrah me too hahah! I rarely get over 200,000,000 even! I'm slowly getting better but man it sure has a steep learning curve. Nice score though!

#2148 9 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

Under 4 million, based upon what I have seen.

Quoted from aobrien5:

gotta turn off the match sequence, B_R.

So FYI for the blundering novice quote. I FINALLY heard it for the first time yesterday. I've been trying very hard to attain a low score UNDER 4 million. It's actually more difficult than you think haha. Anyway, I had a score of 3.8 million or so and it played the quote. Also I DID have match sequence ON and 5 ball gameplay for anyone that's wondering.

#2149 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

You're welcome . Glad I could help. BSD is quite a unique beast, and yeah, if you're getting that error, that means that switch more than likely needs to be adjusted. If I recall correctly, you can tweak the metal arms that cause the switch to "click" when it is engaged.
Typically, when you "occasionally" get a switch error, that means that switch is not being tripped for x > 30 games or so. So what's happening for you is most of the time the switch is not tripping and then randomly the ball rolling over it gives just enough force to engage the switch and the switch error goes away.
Take your PF glass off, bring your table up and out, and identify which switch is 41. I am pretty sure it is the 4th switch or the first one the ball rolls over once exiting the PF. Trip it with your finger and see if you hear it "click" - basically your hand is acting as the ball. If you do not hear a very obvious "click", try adjusting the metal arm. Test your other switches so you know what to expect from the "suspect" one. Always do this kind of stuff with the game off and unplugged from the wall. You never know what can happen with the game on or plugged it - trust me on this one.
If you clearly hear the suspected switch "click", fire the game up, go into switch test mode, and re-do your tests on the suspect switch. If the suspect switch activates in switch test mode, start a game and enable the coffin or castle multiball, then play the multiball out and see if when all but one ball drain that the mode stops. If it does, you're good my man!
Let us know what you find !

I finally got around to solving this issue! I had two issues going on actually. The switch 41 error was coming up (switch in ball trough closest to the shooter lane). It was actually not the switch but the wire that sticks up into the ball trough was binding and not working correctly. So I readjusted that and all is good! The second problem was the ball popper arm that pops it up into the shooter lane was not returning down like it should. It was VERY slow. So basically it would stage a ball in the shooter lane then stick up and hold the remaining balls in the trough back confusing the machine. So that combined with a bad switch 41 the game was going crazy looking for balls, auto launching balls, never ending coffin/castle mutiball, error codes, just weird stuff all around. So if anyone has issues like this, the solution is most likely the machine losing track of the balls. All is playing 100% now!! Thanks everyone for the help,tips and insight. The knowledge of these machines on this site is truly awesome!

Edit: I forgot to tell the solution to the slow popper arm. All I did was clean the linkage and a drop or two of PB Blaster on the arm linkage. NOT the coil itself that would be bad haha. Anyway it's perfect now.

#2151 9 years ago

^^^ That looks awesome! Nice job

#2163 9 years ago
Quoted from JWV:

Also joined the club! (BSD is my first machine) And I really like it.. it is very addicting because of all those bad games ending within minutes and then suddenly have a great game with combined multiballs What a rush!
Did not yet got the 3 multiballs combined.. takes a lot of practice to correctly aim for all the ramps.. Especially the Coffin Ramp I find very hard to hit.. (loop high score: only 10, after 100+ games..)
Question for other owners:
when the ball kicks out of the rats hole, does it consistently hit the same spot (e.g. on the right flipper)?
In my case it sometimes hits the right flipper, sometimes the left.. And sometimes just in between with no chance to catch it.. And sometimes it hits the top of the right slingshot, which poses a high risk to lose the ball in the drains.
Is there a way to adjust the "aim" of the rats hole "up kicker"?
Post edited by JWV

My machine launches it perfectly to the right flipper every time parallel with the face of the right slingshot. I can consistently catch it to regain control of the ball after rats kickout. I think that's how a BSD is supposed to be setup? Makes sense haha

#2172 9 years ago
Quoted from JWV:

@BLACK_ROSE: nice leds, looking good!

Yesterday dismantled the mechanism. The plunger indeed was not 100% aligned and there was some wear (small dent in the metal) at the corner of the housing (I suspect this was the culprit). I smoothed this and now it is working perfectly again, the ball shoots at the right flipper every time

Nice! Good job!

1 month later
#2193 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

lol I over spent on mine too, and while it's not faded it's definitely just player's quality. One day I'll find a CQ one.
Now to figure out why the Mystery Hole isn't registering. I've been ignoring BSD since I got MET and TWD.

When I took my subways off to clean them I accidentally put the Mystery hole switch wire arm on TOP of the subway plastic. So when a ball went into mystery hole, the switch wouldn't register. Check the wire arm for the switch and make sure it's BELOW the subway. Pretty easy to mess up if someone cleaned the subways recently.

3 weeks later
#2239 9 years ago
Quoted from Iaintnobodydork:

I'm hoping you guys can confirm this for me. I have recently noticed on 3 different BSD's that about 70% of the time when you have your right hand flipper up, and if the trough coil fires to load a ball in the shooter lane, that flipper will go dead for a second. I will be using mine in a tournament soon and I want to be sure that this is a normal glitch in the software that we just have to live with. Thanks, Charlie

Hmm. Interesting discovery. Just fired mine up and it does it every time also. Right flipper only like you said. What I also tested/noticed it that it DOES NOT do it when ball save (love never dies) is activated. If my ball drains I am not holding down the right flipper I guess (not implying that you do lolol).

#2241 9 years ago

On a HOLY CRAP THAT WAS AWESOME note. I just started mist multiball but during my typical flailing of the flippers the stars aligned and I flipped both balls simultaneously, one on each flipper at the same time so that they crossed the playfield narrowly missing each other. One ball went up the left ramp and the other ball went up the right ramp at full speed crossing paths at the apex of each separate ramp and then returning to each flipper again perfectly in time with each other! Just thought it was pretty cool especially just by pure luck. I'm sure I couldn't do it again if I tried! Haha

#2244 9 years ago
Quoted from Iaintnobodydork:

The cry baby part kicks in when it happens to you in a tournament as your trying to keep a good multiball going and you have your last ball saver ball kicking back into play as the live ball drains because the flipper dies at that perfect moment and you get to hear that lovely man laughing at you. This was my first time witnessing it happen. I was so in the moment of play and confused by it that it didn't really set in until it happened on my BSD a couple weeks later.

Yeah that would be a horrible time for it to happen! Now I can see how it's a relevant glitch.

#2250 9 years ago
Quoted from JWV:

Finally got the Multi-Multi ball for the first time! However the feature lamp of the coffin multiball appeared to be broken, got confused because of that and lost the balls before I would hear a Thirrrty Million.. No high score..
Bummer!

Awesome! I still have not achieved all three multi balls yet! I get two MB's goin usually though haha. My mist multiball feature light is intermittent also. I can reach under the playfield and wiggle the harness and it comes on. Prolly a loose IDC connector I have to address one of these days.

1 week later
#2265 9 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Swede:

Hi i ned a picture underneath that shows the first ball 1 switch and the two wires from switch where do they go??
I have had a damage wire and the switch I forgot where they go
Mine has the red is connects to green/yellow and the other Is black/red and its loose should it also go to green/ yellow?????

Are you talking about pics of the switches in the trough?

#2299 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i'm right with you, bought mine without 1 gameplay. I have yet to see the mist toy work, had to buy a new motor to install (left/right magnet errors), and waiting on a replacement opto board. major time/shopping/parts later and i'm getting close to seeing the FIRST mist on the machine hopefully soon.
here's my newly rebuilt 'turbo' pop bumpers and my led graveyard mod .

P1020825.JPG 215 KB

P1020834.JPG 150 KB

Dude that graveyard under light looks sick!

#2311 9 years ago

I'm totally gonna put some light strips under my graveyard now! Both of those colors that you guys have look great.

#2312 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky347:

I have a projector lamp with an UV led aimed at the graveyard. Then I took some glow in the dark paint and smeared it on the tombstones and crypt walls so that the paint is only visible in the scribbling on the tombstone and the crevasses on the walls roof etc. The effect is very subtle during game play but during video mode the graveyard glows like it's in the moonlight, looks really cool.

Can you try to get a pic? That sounds really interesting during video mode

#2318 9 years ago

Those look great Sparky! I do like the tombstones glowing green like that during video mode! Thanks for sharing.

1 week later
#2364 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I used to have a bias of the LS playfields. I don't anymore after I've seen my share without issues.
Planking can happen to just about any pf.

You are correct. My SP playfield has a little bit of planking around the Dracula inserts. VERY minor so it doesnt bother me and I will never sell it.

#2365 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Is there an easy way to tell which playfield type one has in their BSD? I know in mine i can see a serial number on playfield from an angle in between the slings ontop. Thanks

Its been mentioned somewhere here before but a cool thing about the serial number between the slings is if you hold a black light on the numbers they will glow! Looks awesome with the lights down!

2 weeks later
#2472 9 years ago

Awesome! I ordered one also! Sounds like if that left gate ever breaks it's very difficult to locate or make a new one. Game is pretty much dead in the water without it.

3 weeks later
#2542 9 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I finally got around to re-watching the movie the other night and noticed some interesting facts for sound/callouts in the pinball.
I noticed that all of Anthony Hopkins (Van Helsing) callouts for coffin mb in the game didn't sound like him? anybody else notice this? it seems as if they had somebody else record the same callouts, as maybe they couldn't get the rights for Hopkins?
I noticed that all of draculas callouts sound like Gary Oldman, and Keanu Reeves callouts are Keanu.
just strange that they would have most of the actors in the machine, but not Hopkins? anybody?

It sounds like Hopkins to me as well. It's just that all the quotes from the movie all sound a bit grainy but they all sound like the original actors. Oh and don't forget about Tom Waits callouts as Renfield! Such an awesome movie though. I actually LOVE it. I still watch it on a regular basis. I'm a big horror movie fan in general so I like it more than most people I think. The creepy factor is spot on!

1 month later
#2614 8 years ago

You're adjusting the wrong post I believe. It's under the left side of the purple plastic in your pic. Hard to see from this angle. You need to raise the playfield, find the bottom of the post where it screws into a smal rectangular piece of steel with 3 pre drilled and tapped holes for setting the post at different positions. (Widening or closing the outlane gap).

#2616 8 years ago

In my previous post I said you have to lift the playfield. This is false. I said that so you could just see the plate with the holes and maybe have a better understanding of what you are trying to adjust from the top. Unscrew the red post and screw it into the whole furthest down on the underneath plate.

#2630 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Clean the shooter and replace the coil sleeve

Also make sure the plunger tip is hitting the ball dead center. If it's not hitting the ball centered you will lose lots of energy transfer. Kind of like playing a game of pool when you just kiss the cue ball with your cue. The ball still moves but not very much or with much inertia.

1 week later
#2668 8 years ago

It's a 1/4" Nut Driver. You don't even wanna try doing much at all with that little open end wrench. You will lose your mind in certain scenarios. A good trick while reinstalling the screw into wherever is to insert the screw into the 1/4" socket with a little scrap of paper towel wedged in there to hold the screw. Now you can just hold the nut driver with screw held in place while you fish it through the wire mess and start screwing when you find the hole! Hmmmmm that sounded bad lol.

#2671 8 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

Get Klein magnetic nut drivers @ pinball life. Joe

Totally. Gonna get em one day lol. I still use my non magnetic set haha.

3 months later
#2960 8 years ago

ToyPhantom that machine came out AMAZING! Wow... I love the sideboard decals I was looking at getting those also but never could find good pics of them really and man do they look good! The blood splatter effect on the habitrails and the side rails, lockdown bar look perfect! I've seen some others do them in red and it's always the wrong red IMO but yours look perfect to me. Again wow, amazing job. Oh and the LED's look perfect as well!

2 weeks later
#2980 8 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Thats not fair... Lets vote

Voted haha! BSD ftw!

1 week later
#3017 8 years ago

Here's another BSD where it seems my c7 cap is going out! Just yesterday my mist ball started randomly releasing out of the right gate!! Ugh totally out of the blue. Machine has been 100% for a while now thanks to this this forum and BSD thread!

1 month later
#3069 8 years ago

Help! Guys I just changed a bulb the lazy way with the power on (I know I know) and BAM! Shorted something out and now my pop bumper lights, left bank lights and center bank lights are out. I blew the F109 fuse and a fuse on the F101 bank of fuses (2nd from the right). Replaced the fuses but now the lights are still out????

#3071 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

After validating voltages from the WPC PDB and checking IDC connectors, it is time to multimeter logic probe test the GI triacs that control the lights.
It is possible you blew one out, it can happen due to the age of the component and voltage overload that might have sneaked by the fuse before it blew.
If your voltage from your test points and LED are still missing, you mostly likely still have a fuse issue (most likely).
If you did not test the installed fuses before you put them in the game, do it, fuses can look good but are not.
Checking the connectors eliminates others potential issues like connector BURN that were never corrected, but could exist on your machine including the pins, this is a contributor to electrical problems as well.
Always remember (beyond what you mentioned of your lesson learned), parts and electronics can fail at ANY TIME, even when nothing happened to initiate it.
If you are unsure of what I described, it may be time to get you feet wet in understanding basic electrical circuit theory of solid state component mounted electronics based on the type of machines you currently collect.
It is just part of the process of pinball collecting and learning.

Thanks for the in depth response! I will be checking all of that to my ability. I am sorry for the delayed response as right when you responded a bunch of people showed up for turkey day! Anyway thanks again and hopefully I can get something figured out soon to let you guys know.

4 months later
#3355 7 years ago

Another cool thing about BSD (maybe other Williams pins also) is you can shine a black light on the playfield around the DRACULA inserts and see a serial number glowing. Kinda cool and my friends always like it when I show them! LOVE this pin it's the best, soooo difficult!

1 month later
#3427 7 years ago

Mine was tight also. I managed to eventually get a flex from cointaker in there though. Works great!

1 week later
#3455 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Agreed 100%. I have them blood red bad boys on mine too. Lightning flippers. WATEVS.

Yup! Get rid of the lightning flippers. The game is still brutal as F%*K!!

#3459 7 years ago

I have a Sun Process playfield and I just recently saw my cabinet is Lenc Smith. Were all cabs LS or were some SP? As for the planking on the playfields the SP's are typically prone to LESS planking than the LS's. Even my SP playfield has VERY minor planking right under the DRACULA inerts. Its very minor but its there.

1 week later
#3493 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Thanks! Per some Pinside PM requests, here is some more info on my BSD. 2015 HEP complete restore. I purchased the game as a non-working piece of crap for 1800.00. The best thing about the game was a very workable playfield without planking for Chris to restore. Basically the game was rebuilt with a new cabinet and many new parts. Time frame was 2 years. This was HEP's first BSD complete restore. Chris told me there were 2 more after mine he received for restore. I went with the Alt. cabinet decals for the look and Chris said they were an excellent product, not cheap prints. I did like the original decals but thought the alt. made the game look a little darker. Thanks for all the kind words. I love my BSD!

Wow every little thing about that machine is amazing! beautiful! I'm really liking the Dracula figure up top in his red war armor though! I'm prolly in the minority but I LOVE the movie also. The special effects and creepy level are through the roof.

1 month later
#3537 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Does anyone know how to make Keanu speak?

He will say "I've seen many strange things already" and also "I know now that I am a prisoner".

It seems (like others have said) its only after hitting the standups to activate the castle lock diverter. I've seen no pattern yet but maybe there is?

8 months later
#4443 7 years ago
Quoted from ptrav1:

Got a sweet BSD from a friend. Anybody have a pic of how they have a remote battery holder installed? I've tried several combinations and keep getting factory restore.

Lower wire is the black wire on mine. The red and black battery holder wires have two white wire extensions coming off the board. It was installed already like that when I bought it. Works great.

IMG_5973 (resized).JPGIMG_5973 (resized).JPG

IMG_5974 (resized).JPGIMG_5974 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#4519 6 years ago
Quoted from shedpinball:

Hi all , need some help with my BSD That has just developed a new problem , the machine trips and restarts when I am playing , the trigger to have it turn off/on is when I use both flippers at almost the same time , Had new coils ,flippers about 1 year ago and has never played so well , any thoughts would be appreciated .

So my Road Show (when I still had it) was doing the same thing. As mentioned earlier it's very common. Anyway I'm not much good at diagnosing electrical issues so I called my tech and he did some tests and confirmed it was my caps dropping voltage below 5v when both the flippers were pressed. Also as mentioned above do not just start replacing caps as it can lead to other problems. My tech is good and he diagnosed it and soldered them in under 20 min. Good luck!! BSD is the best!!!!

4 months later
#4738 6 years ago

Is it this one?

IMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#4842 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Sling shot plastics, anyone?
Hi.
Do you any of you know a source for replacement sling shot plastics for BSD?
From what I gather, no repro's were ever made. What have those of you BSD owners who have needed them worked out as a solution?
Did anyone make his/her own?
Thanks.
Jason

Ummm yeah a full plastics set was made not long ago. You didn’t look very hard did you? Lol...Anyway. I did a google search and first hit.

ebay.com link: i

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1744

They are literally everywhere.

4 weeks later
#4922 6 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

This is awesome guys. I love the original pinball soundtrack on BSD, but this new Pinsound version taken from the movie OST is also awesome. Most of the calls have also been replaced with excerpts from the movie.
» YouTube video

That pretty freakin cool! Makes the game sound very “modern”. Is this your game?

3 weeks later
#4976 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

nice - so the extra characters were the prototypes eh? Interesting. Not sure if I prefer with or without but I might look out for them. I'm going to start reading through this thread to see what the killer mods are for this game.
Yesterday was OK but today I'm starting to see the addictive nature. Seems like I should go left ramp always, never hit targets and the hit coffin asap when possible. Far right shot seems like sure why not. Still need to find out what that rat mode does. I just hope the routine doesn't get stale as I LOVE the theme, sound, etc. Just wish I could get the background music to be louder while keeping Drac and other effects like lightning not crazy loud (or keep BG the same but lower Lightning at the ball drain).....

Rats and Bats are two very good hurry up modes that if you complete them you will be awarded that bonus after EVERY ball you drain. Also you can build those Rats/Bats bonus so they get pretty huge points to be awarded after every time you drain. Big points basically for free.

#4980 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazzard:

Hi!
Im a new member and a proud owner of Bram Stokers Dracula
I have made a custom mix for the game using the pinsound soundboard.
I saw someone posted a work in progress video of it som days ago, but this version is on another level.
Check it out and please let me know what you think of it.
Not every sound is showcased in this video, but you get the idea
I have to wait for two days to post a link here, so please just search on you tube: dracua custom pinsound 1.1
Added 7 days ago: » YouTube video

Here is the link and an excellent example of pinsound board in BSD

4 months later
#5198 5 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Swede:

Hi all BSD lovers hmmm
Has anyone tried to light up the azylum plastic house?????? I Think like The Flinstones open op holes and light inside
I you have a BSD i can recomend the PinSound board and the Sound font made in that forum you will never stop playing all sounds are in 5.1 and crisp perfect made by a super cool guy in Norwaycalles Hazzard. I can post som game play if anyone want

I love what Hazzard did with BSD on pinsound he did an amazing job. I fully plan on getting a pinsound board soon because of his efforts!

1 week later
#5220 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Looks like someone else was glad Drac’s back up and running...so crazy my 5 year old daughter loves this pin. And I had to laugh my ass off when she threw her arms up in a WTF moment after draining the ball SDTM off the center stand ups.

Lol that’s awesome. BSD will drive ya mad no matter what your age!

1 month later
#5397 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Having a problem with my bsd, every once in awhile the ball launch sound is missing. Is that sound activated by the switch in the shooter lane or the launch button? Or is it a intermittent board issue? Thx!

Mine does it as well. Can’t find any rhyme or reason.

#5398 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Almost done with my BSD shop job but I am struggling in getting the ball lock to work correctly. Trying to adjust height is tricky it’s either to high or to low. What’s the trick with ball locks?

Are you talking about the coffin or castle?

2 weeks later
#5465 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone has a tip to improve the lighting behind the "Love Never Dies" text under the DMD? When mine lights up, it reads "ove ver ies" and it's a little annoying! The lights seem to be very firmly in their correct position - maybe a different kind of bulb is needed? Thanks!

I put 3 green LED tower flashers in there. Looks awesome, easy, and lights up all the letters perfectly.

1 week later
#5480 5 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

I want to join the club what should i know about BSD im going to see one that its for sale

Yup!! Mist. You HAVE to check that this works flawlessly. Otherwise you have some serious (and often very frustrating) troubleshooting to do. Also go into dignostics and run a magnet check. It will perform the whole Mist sequence right in front of your eyes so you can verify that it works and it will give you an error report.

#5481 5 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

I want to join the club what should i know about BSD im going to see one that its for sale

Other than the mist just the normal wear and tear stuff. Plastics, ramps and play fields (although expensive) are available for BSD now so that a huge plus. But MIST is the main thing to check

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider miketangoindia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=miketangoindia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.