IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckdragon100.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7490 3 years ago

Just joined the club! Really excited

IMG_8258 (resized).JPGIMG_8258 (resized).JPG

Does anyone know how / where to get these awesome bright blue LEDs for the playfield, like in this pic?

097325fd00492438923e621018ba9ac7a7d7e45e (resized).jpg097325fd00492438923e621018ba9ac7a7d7e45e (resized).jpg

Thanks! G

2 weeks later
#7522 3 years ago

BATS! Just in time for Halloween

IMG_8408.jpegIMG_8408.jpegIMG_8410.JPGIMG_8410.JPG
1 week later
#7537 3 years ago

New frosted blue LEDs on the GI and new iPhone 12 Pro with a great wide lens!

IMG_8608.jpegIMG_8608.jpeg
4 months later
#7813 3 years ago

I was in attract mode, letting the DMD run through and I noticed this for the first time. Are the names customizable? I couldn't seem to find it in the settings, but if anyone has info, I'd appreciate it! Might help the wife let me keep buying pinball machines. Maybe. G

IMG_9817 (resized).jpgIMG_9817 (resized).jpgIMG_9818 (resized).jpgIMG_9818 (resized).jpg
#7819 3 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Luckdragon - Go into the Utilities menu, number 5. Page 1 - 18 in the manual.

Thanks so much! I'll give it a shot.

6 months later
#8637 2 years ago

Hey BSD gang! I was changing my flippers and fiddling around a bit under the playfield and something weird is happening now.

When I hit the ball up the left ramp, the sound effect triggers and I see the DMD graphic of the hallway with the candles, but it doesn't zoom in and give me the ramp count. Bats also doesn't trigger after 3 ramps.

It doesn't SEEM to be a ramp switch issue, because Castle Lock graphics and function work perfectly. Also, the DMD graphic works perfectly if I hit the ball softer up the ramp and it goes to the "Secret Passage" area.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks! G

5 months later
#9093 2 years ago

Hey all! I'm still trying to figure out this little issue below. I did a switch test and the ramp entry optos were registering. It clearly recognizes the ball going up the left ramp and gives me the first half of the graphic / sound, but it doesn't count the ramp toward bats or give the count etc.

Here is a video of it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gwy1sb2x7sm6vfc/IMG_2870.MOV?dl=0

Many thanks if anyone else has any other thoughts!

G

Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Hey BSD gang! I was changing my flippers and fiddling around a bit under the playfield and something weird is happening now.
When I hit the ball up the left ramp, the sound effect triggers and I see the DMD graphic of the hallway with the candles, but it doesn't zoom in and give me the ramp count. Bats also doesn't trigger after 3 ramps.
It doesn't SEEM to be a ramp switch issue, because Castle Lock graphics and function work perfectly. Also, the DMD graphic works perfectly if I hit the ball softer up the ramp and it goes to the "Secret Passage" area.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks! G

IMG_2868 (resized).jpegIMG_2868 (resized).jpeg
#9105 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I would also suggest the exit switch is most likely the issue. Also make sure the exit switch doesn't simply need adjusting.

You guys are clever! I took a closer look at the exit switch and there's no actuator arm (bent metal thingy?) hanging down. I must have knocked it off while cleaning it or something. Couldn't find it anywhere on the playing field, so I'll order one. Are they standard size or does anyone know the size for that switch?

Thanks so much for all the help! G

#9106 2 years ago

You guys are clever! I took a closer look at the exit switch and there's no actuator arm (bent metal thingy?) hanging down. I must have knocked it off while cleaning it or something. Couldn't find it anywhere on the playing field, so I'll order one. Are they standard size or does anyone know the size for that switch?
Thanks so much for all the help! G

I think I figured it out from the manual. Looks like it's a Williams/Bally Sub-Microswitch 5647-12693-21

Thanks again,

G

6 months later
#9537 1 year ago

Hey there, Acula Doctors...

The time has finally come for me to have a dreaded MIST issue haha. Basically, the ball loads, then immediately falls off the magnet. I get "Check Switch 81 - Magnet Left" and "Check Switch 83 - Magnet Right" errors when I boot up.

I did the Magnet Test and recorded it here. Looks like 2 "Power Errors" -- one on each side:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2k9ihj2tq3iigst/IMG_5301%202.MOV?dl=0

I've been reading all the old posts to get a handle on it but if anyone has any insights, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

G

#9572 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Are there any mods that can be suggested for BSD? Not tacky trinkets or action figure type mods.
I'm thinking color DMD, invisiglass and drac mod to replace the Ron Jeremy. But apparently the drac mod is unobtanium.
I saw some torches for the coffin that looked neat. (Mezelmods)
Would appreciate any input.

The torches with the flickering firelight option are amazing, if you can still get them. Really impactful mod but super easy to install.

#9606 1 year ago

Hey there, Acula Doctors...
The time has finally come for me to have a dreaded MIST issue haha. Basically, the ball loads, then immediately falls off the magnet. I get "Check Switch 81 - Magnet Left" and "Check Switch 83 - Magnet Right" errors when I boot up.
I did the Magnet Test and recorded it here. Looks like 2 "Power Errors" -- one on each side:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2k9ihj2tq3iigst/IMG_5301%202.MOV?dl=0
I've been reading all the old posts to get a handle on it but if anyone has any insights, it'd be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks,
G

Just a little update on this MIST journey...

Pinball guardian angel sulli10 really came to my rescue and helped walk me through it.

First, we tested the optos were working, by blocking them with my hand. The switch activated, so we knew the optos were working.

Next, we tried testing the magnet by placing the ball on the moving magnet as it was going across the playfield in test mode. The ball dropped right away, so it seemed like the magnet wasn't getting power. Next we checked the fuses at the power driver board. There was some corrosion on F103 and F102. I switched them both out. Both had continuity. MIST still not working.

Next, we unplugged J107 and J103 and replugged, then did the same with A -16697-1, J1 & J2.

Taking a closer look at the magnet wire, I put some electrical tape on some exposed areas and noticed a loose black wire that was meant to go in the white connector pictured. That was the culprit. I tried jamming it in as a temporary solution and that fixed MIST!

The black wire is still getting some resistance and comes out if I don't wrap it with electrical tape. That seems to be holding for now but it sounds like I'll have to re pin / replace the connector. So that'll be the next challenge!

Thanks again Sully for all the amazing help! G

IMG_5344.jpegIMG_5344.jpegconnector2.jpgconnector2.jpgconnectorafter.jpgconnectorafter.jpgcorrosion.jpegcorrosion.jpegoldfuse1.jpegoldfuse1.jpeg
#9609 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

You're going to have to re-do that connector. You will need a pin removal tool, new pins, a crimper and wire strippers. All great tools to have!

Yep, looks like it! Do you know what the kind of connector is called? I'm just searching around for some tutorials etc.

Thx. G

1 month later
#9778 1 year ago

Color DMD installed! Looks pretty sweet

Gonna be selling the original red cover and DMD soon, in case anyone's interested.

IMG_6109.jpegIMG_6109.jpeg
#9783 1 year ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

In my opinion, its definitely worth it.....especially if your BSD is a keeper. I remember once I ordered my color display, I was second guessing myself. Once I had it installed, I can NEVER go back to the regular display.

Yeah I do agree. It's kind of impossible to go back once you have the Color DMD haha. Feels organic to the original machine too, like it was always meant to be that way. I'm in the minority, but I like the LED version, as a good balance of old school / new school vibe. Saves a little $ too

#9798 1 year ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

LCD or LED doesn’t matter. What does matter is the only time you really look at the colorDMD, video mode.
Seeing those blood thirsty hounds from hell, in full colour, sharp bloody teeth running straight at you!
Worth every penny every time.

Haha totally. It really pops on those! The possessed chicks work pretty well too

#9844 1 year ago

Hey all -- I'm getting that weak-ish plunger action some people have described -- not enough juice to hit the skill shots etc... I'm going to replace the spring but just checking this is what the shooter tip is supposed to look like? looks a little bare so thought I'd check. Thanks! G

IMG_6361.jpegIMG_6361.jpeg
#9853 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Compare to new one on the pinball part suppliers websites.
Yours is worn and mushroomed a little.
I'd get a new one and coil sleeve.
LTG : )

OK thanks for the tips everyone! New sleeve and spring ordered. This'll be a first for me but hopefully it's pretty straightforward?

Trying to find the actual part that makes contact with the ball -- the one you mentioned comparing to part suppliers etc. Which one would that be on here?

Thanks again! Really appreciate the community here.

G

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 3.53.01 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-15 at 3.53.01 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-15 at 3.53.06 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-15 at 3.53.06 PM (resized).png
#9857 1 year ago

Thanks for the tips on the plunger etc!

Also FYI, after seeing it on Youtube, I recently added 3 sets of 3 Ice Blue 6MD 12v light pads to the backbox & under the cabinet and tapped them into one of the flashers in the backbox and now the whole thing lights up in an amazing way whenever lightning strikes (which is a lot, as you all know, haha).

Super cheap and so easy even I could do it without much fuss

#9859 1 year ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Dragon I would also check the alignment of the plunger to the shooter lane, as in your pic it looks off center or the coil bracket is slightly bent. With the game off, push the plunger forward with your finger and sight down from above to make sure it’s centered and straight when extended

Ok thanks, I'll check that alignment too. Might have gotten slightly knocked off center when I installed the glowing red cross over it. G

#9861 1 year ago
Quoted from Kas24:

Nice job!
Where did you get the light pads? Do you have any pictures?

This was my initial order at Comet Pinball. I liked the effect so I got 2 more sets of the pads and some more connections.
I had to use some two sided tape in a few places to hold them to the cabinet, but they're totally out of sight.

Good luck with it!

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 5.06.36 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-17 at 5.06.36 PM (resized).png
2 weeks later
#9903 1 year ago

Hi, I'm looking to sell my original Cherry DMD since I replaced it with the Color DMD, but I'm not sure exactly what the DMD model I have is and where to find it. The most obvious # seems like 4356 D-D but does that seem right? Many thanks! G

IMG_6399 (resized).jpegIMG_6399 (resized).jpegIMG_6538 (resized).jpegIMG_6538 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckdragon100.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=luckdragon100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.