Topic Stats

• 6,925 posts
  • 573 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Nihonmasa
  • Topic is favorited by 222 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,122 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190920_175215 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190920_174611 (resized).jpg
bsdglass3 (resized).jpg
bsdglassmirror (resized).jpg
bsdcpr (resized).jpg
20190831_104258 (resized).jpg
20190906_164519 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190802_194328 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190803_051548 (resized).jpg
20190803_051543 (resized).jpg
20190811_180226 (resized).jpg
bsdd (resized).jpg
IMG_20190918_090005 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (6 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (6 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (6 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (6 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (6 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (6 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (6 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (6 years ago)

Post #416 Plunger rebuild parts. Posted by vintage4life (6 years ago)

Post #483 Gameplay / Instruction cards Posted by tilted81 (6 years ago)

Post #563 Playfield Protector Posted by phishrace (6 years ago)

Post #677 Mystery Hole rewards Posted by Jodester (5 years ago)

Post #701 Coffin Ramp Rejecting fix - Clear plastic under headstone Posted by 27dnast (5 years ago)

Post #890 Pinball Rebel Instruction cards Posted by aobrien5 (5 years ago)

Post #958 Mounting the prototype plastics Posted by Drano (5 years ago)

Post #975 Mist Gate Troubleshooting Posted by Bryan_Kelly (5 years ago)

Post #1002 Making a Left Mist Gate? - Click the link Posted by aobrien5 (5 years ago)

Post #1065 BSD Shop Out Guide Posted by gtown (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpull.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1105 5 years ago
Quoted from raulos:

New member wants to join the club
I have got new set of of Mcfarlane figures. But nothing of those fits coffin. Any ideas how to get rid of this Ron Jeremy look-alike Drac?
20140222_1647422.jpg

Officially joined the club last week. Something I am working on for mine right now. Still WIP right now, but getting close.

Update:
20140302_165944 copy.jpg

#1108 5 years ago
Quoted from raulos:

Woaah, impressive. Need some painting but IT looks great

Quoted from shock_me:

Nice work! If you make them I'm buying

Thanks. Got some work to make sure I can mold them correctly. Then work on paint.

Keith

#1112 5 years ago

Thanks Gordon. I will for sure post some pics once I get the paint done. Going to work on getting them cast in the coming weeks.
Keith

#1119 5 years ago

Nice work Mike. Looks great!
Keith

2 weeks later
#1200 5 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

I ordered a green LED strip from Pinballbulbs and was pretty happy with the results.

image.jpg 168 KB

Wow, that looks pretty interesting. Did you just mount the strip inside? Pretty nice effect.
Keith

#1221 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I looked at the batteries, they looked new. Under the playfield, one of the boards doesn't seem to be getting any power, as the LED isn't lit. I've got someone coming early next week to have a look, since I didn't seem to find anything loose and didn't see any of the fuses were blown.
So for now I guess Dracula is going to be decorative until next week.
This is a strange hobby, my game is "broken" for lack of a better word and I'm looking forward to the topper I ordered coming (thanks Joe at Laseriffic) and oddly looking forward to the person coming here and showing me what's wrong and how it gets fixed.
I may already have a slight case of pinball fever since I keep looking at the gym in my basement and thinking, "do I really need all this stuff? I have a Golds membership and man could I fit a lot of pins in here." lol

Yep. It's only a matter of time until Dracula gets a friend!

#1242 5 years ago
Quoted from goldpins:

Like many of you, I just couldn't stand the original coffin character. So, I asked a buddy of mine who is familiar with miniature toy characters to come up with a replacement. Here's what he came up with using a standard toy that can be bought with minor modifications. Yes, not true to the movie but IMHO a great improvement. (BTW....Great job by kpull to come up with a true-to-movie dracula replacement character!) I bought a clear coffin plastic to really make him visible. I really like how it turned out.

new drac.jpg 183 KB

new drac2.jpg 81 KB

Thanks for the compliment Goldpins. Nice job as well!

This week I have been playing with a clear material for better light transmission and hope to have some pics this week. Working on finishing up paint.

Here is the latest thread for mine.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-death-of-dracula-goodbye-ron
Dracula is getting all kinds of love now!!! Now I am trying to learn how to play the damn thing. It is a butt kicker.
KeithDrac_Lit.jpgDrac.jpg

#1253 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Would Lefkoff be drilling his own metal, I think not . I am Kevin from Lyons Classic PInball.
Do all BSD's have the metal hammerlite side rails ? I have only seen this on a friends CFBL.

Mine has them as well.
Keith

#1263 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Wow, nice decals. Is the outline supposed to be part of the decal?
Also, would someone do me a favor and take a picture of their coin door interlock switch and wiring for me?!

Does this help?
20140328_203748.jpg

Keith

1 week later
#1285 5 years ago

Just posted this in my mod thread and thought I would update here as well.
Still have 1 left if interested. Price change - $45 shipped to U.S.A.
PM me if interested.
Thanks,
Keith
Drac.jpg

#1287 5 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Any news on plastics? Just noticed my left sling plastic is officially broken (don't know when it happened).

Waiting patiently as well. Both my slings are destroyed.
Keith

#1300 5 years ago

Bored today, so I modded my mod...
Keith
Drac_Eyes.jpg

#1304 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

excellent !
are these eyes always "on", or linked with some "on/off" lighting ? as the bumpers for example...

Thanks Riple. No, the eyes are not always on. I removed the 555 light under his head and tied the eyes into that. So anytime Dracula interacts through the DMD and when the coffin ramp goes up his eyes turn on.
Keith

#1309 5 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

^^^pictures or it did not happen
Congrats!

I 100% agree with this statement. Show us man!!!

#1312 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

I did not take any pics at the show but as soon as I get it set back up I will prove it happened. I think what made the most difference was the mod idea i stole from Jnewton(Thank you J) lighting up the grave yard from inside with green pinballbulbs led strip. I like the way that looked so much that I had to do the same with the cave on the right bottom where the optos and locks are. I had to make a little cardboard tunnel to cover the opto's so I could illuminate from the top back of the cave, I did it in teal (blueish) and it also shines down on the pf just in that area. A green and red bulb in an added set of spot lights over by the building attached to the top of left sling really made the green mist path light up. I know , doesnt mean anything with out pic's. Soon
Thanks to Kpull as well I have your Drac in the coffin instead of Ron Jeremy ha ha

Well that is awesome! You just made my day. Now I must see pics Congrats

1 week later
#1369 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Finally got around to unpacking BSD after Rocky Mtn. Pinball Showdown. Here are a few pics...

BSD_5.jpg 50 KB

Looks nice ghost. I think I need to do the graveyard mod next on mine as well. Also like the green spot light you have on the village side.
Keith

#1379 5 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

As promised, pics of my BSD after installing the Pinballbulbs.com kit. It also has the Gothic Cross mod, Cliffy set, plastic protectors, Pinball Pro speakers, and chrome back box trim.

DSC_3238.JPG 249 KB

DSC_3249.JPG 149 KB

DSC_3248.JPG 264 KB

DSC_3111.jpg 250 KB

Looks nice NorCal. I need to pull the trigger on LED's for BSD one of these days.
Keith

1 week later
#1487 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

pretty sure there's supposed to be a standoff and a very short screw.

Correct. There should be a hex standoff. Will have to measure it later. Unless someone else jumps in with the size

3 weeks later
#1580 5 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

That plastic really made the game play a lot better. Mcclad really hooked me up!

Mine is also missing. Never knew it was suppose to be there until this thread. Guess I will try to make one tonight. So it stops the ramp rejects Skywelker?
Thanks,
Keith

2 months later
#1827 5 years ago

Looking good Newpin! Glad you like your Drac.
Keith

5 months later
#2201 4 years ago

Looks like Little Shop of Games has them in stock.
http://ns8313.hostgator.com/~gameshop/product/bram-stokers-dracula-target-plastic/

Quoted from Blairally:Hi I'm new to the club. Just got the game and doing its first real resto.
I need two things:
the wiring harness for the mist magnet. (seems NLA)
And this center plastic

I can't find the harness available anywhere. I am aware that there is a full plastic set available, however I'm hoping someone has a spare of this single plastic. Thanks!

image.jpg 252 KB

#2203 4 years ago

Might want to post a WTB thread for that one. I doubt you would find that at any Distributor.

Keith

1 week later
#2232 4 years ago

Hey Gtown, Can you measure both standoffs and post in this thread? I am missing one on mine and thought I saw it mentioned but spent over an hour looking last weekend for the thread... Missing the one in the front.

Thanks,
Keith

6 months later
#2859 4 years ago
Quoted from thetoyphantom:

Sweet, your machine looks great. Ok just a little tease...

image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg image_3.jpg image_4.jpg

I like the habitrail. Powder coat or paint?

#2861 4 years ago
Quoted from thetoyphantom:

Powder coat. Paint wouldn't hold up.

That's what I figured. It has a crackle paint look to it. Looks amazing.
Keith

4 months later
1 month later
#3243 3 years ago

My thought is that plastic piece is there to disperse the light across the mist inserts. Otherwise you would just light up one insert at a time as the light passes by. If I am thinking of the correct plastic you are talking about.
Keith

#3247 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I don't see how those would be for diffusing the light. I think you were right about them being there to prevent damage to the underside of the playfield.
Make sure the whole magnet mech is assembled tightly and isn't bent in any way.

Agreed. Was going on memory and thought the inserts were between the plastics.

#3262 3 years ago

Please form a single file line, no running. I don't want anybody getting trampled and hurt. The left mist gate appears to be back in stock at Marcos!!!

Thought I had a "let me know when back in stock" email notification set up but just stumbled on it ordering other parts.

Keith

10 months later
#4248 2 years ago

I had something similar the other day. Ball would go into the pops and the next thing I new the Drac ramp was popping up or the ball in coffin animation would start. Even multiball would start on occasion. Ended up being a broken wire on the Drac Mech Opto. It would short out (touch the circuit board pad) when the pops were going and act like it was being made.

Simple fix once I found it. Typical Dracula...... Hope it's something as simple as that.

2 weeks later
#4329 2 years ago

Well that is a different look. It's so empty now . Pretty cool! I like it.

10 months later
#4973 1 year ago

Delt, they were prototype plastics. When the new plastic sets were made they were included. Think that is why you are seeing more games with them. I thought I remember seeing just those plastics for sale but can't remember where.
Keith

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
San Antonio, TX
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
Madison, AL
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sale Pending!
Sunset, SC
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 109.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpull.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside