Topic Stats

• 7,077 posts
  • 582 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Bryan_Kelly
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,166 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F197EAA3-7446-4D65-929E-ECB88C6E4BD3 (resized).jpeg
6EA6A59A-A725-4ED9-BF7E-D72429CD5999 (resized).jpeg
448746-i (resized).jpg
20191201_152342 (resized).jpg
60CB2AC9-FB91-4FF5-BF21-2F0FDEA4EF08 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
3FCBDE80-5B20-4A0E-83E1-7E2F656F7D3D (resized).jpeg
07EB1F94-8220-49F1-827C-7D4F7055A033 (resized).png
45b57485-6e3c-43a4-a4a3-99d7e1b9310b.jpg
IMG_1184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).JPEG
6A1B4B38-F3E8-4A39-A314-3CC6AB7CA6B2 (resized).jpeg
BB8D3338-DC72-453A-88D0-B443CEA784A8 (resized).jpeg
FB7F8BCC-4D6E-429B-8902-8E0640006127 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (7 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (7 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (7 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (6 years ago)

Post #416 Plunger rebuild parts. Posted by vintage4life (6 years ago)

Post #483 Gameplay / Instruction cards Posted by tilted81 (6 years ago)

Post #563 Playfield Protector Posted by phishrace (6 years ago)

Post #677 Mystery Hole rewards Posted by Jodester (6 years ago)

Post #701 Coffin Ramp Rejecting fix - Clear plastic under headstone Posted by 27dnast (6 years ago)

Post #890 Pinball Rebel Instruction cards Posted by aobrien5 (5 years ago)

Post #958 Mounting the prototype plastics Posted by Drano (5 years ago)

Post #975 Mist Gate Troubleshooting Posted by Bryan_Kelly (5 years ago)

Post #1002 Making a Left Mist Gate? - Click the link Posted by aobrien5 (5 years ago)

Post #1065 BSD Shop Out Guide Posted by gtown (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevinleedrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 7 years ago

Proudly reporting in.

Mine is still in a million pieces right now, but once it's back together...
- Drano black mirror blades
- Herg's LED OCD lamp controller
- Playfield restoration by CaptainNeo
- Buckwerx headphone adapter
- Pinbits ramp flaps
- Mostly new plastics and plastic protectors
- Cliffy protectors (ball eject, inlane switches, Mystery hole, and Rats hole)
- Cliffy colored post sleeves
- Upgraded cab speaker and crossover (plus external sub connection)
- LEDs out the wazoo
- Xtreme Pinball custom acrylic topper
- GLM flipper boards
- Lightning flippers (have both red and black, depending on which rubber color plays best in the end)

I'm probably forgetting some things. I'm still sanding inside the cabinet, so I have a ways to go..

7 months later
#336 6 years ago

Just thought I'd share a couple recent pics of my work-in-progress BSD, which I'm hoping to have completely rebuilt before my wedding at the end of July.

2013-06-14-23.16.jpg 2013-06-15-18.04.08.jpg

1 week later
#344 6 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

hi,i finally got one. does anybody know where to get slingshot plastics and the up/down ramp. thanks joe

Slingshot plastics are in short supply, so you'll probably need to ask around (maybe make a separate post) or watch eBay. Same goes for the ramp right now, but the one you're asking about *might* be reproduced in the near future by Pinball Inc..

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

what's the last pic with the white covering the playfield??

I think that's a full playfield protector. Should look nice and SHINY.

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Here is a picture of my game with some LEDs on the playfield and back box. Makes a huge difference. Not sure if you can tell or not, but I put RED LEDs under the D R A C U L A inserts and it looks a lot better than the original orange...
Rob

Nice. Before I switched to blue pop bumpers, I had red LEDs in my DRACULA inserts as well to make all the red and blue balance out better. Now that I have blue pops, as well as yellow/orange flippers, I think it looks better in yellow. Here's where mine stands. 2013-06-29-19.48.jpg

#367 6 years ago

Post edited by kevinleedrum : double post

1 week later
#404 6 years ago
Quoted from Trident:

I'm back in the club! I had one for 2 years and sold it a little over a year ago. Just brought home another last night and this one ain't leavin!

Gratz man! Now I don't have to feel guilty for posting pics of your old one.

6 months later
#875 5 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

sometimes if the ball falls in this hole, it never comes back to the front ejection. could that be a problem of the switch in the lane under the playfield ? if i lift the playfield i hear the ball running back to the hole, and then if i insert the playfield the ball is normal ejected ?

It's either the Mystery Hole rollover switch (switch 58), or the opto at the popper. You might just need to adjust the metal actuator for the switch.

Edit: Just realized I confused some switches.

1 month later
#1072 5 years ago

Just realized I never posted a link to my BSD restoration log on here for anyone interested. http://bsdpinball.tumblr.com/

Here are a few highlights.
tumblr_n0yrt16RgY1rwkfr7o1_1280.jpgtumblr_mnsjzumEgK1rwkfr7o1_500.jpgtumblr_mk8xztfjy71rwkfr7o1_1280.jpg

#1084 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

After stripping my PF, ive decided id like to change the pop bumper and lane guides to blue. Some of you guys have amazing pictures of the bluemoon conversion, nice work!
Did you order light blue or blue?
Thanks

I ordered "Blue" caps from http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=327 though the description does say "light blue".

2 weeks later
#1136 5 years ago

In case anyone didn't notice in another thread, PPS has new lightning flippers in stock in several colors. http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=FB Already ordered a yellow pair myself.

1 week later
#1150 5 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

2)I'm planning to have the side rails, legs, etc powder coated black, but since the side rails are held on with what appears to be some sort of 3M heavy duty tape I thought about ordering a new pair just in case. I'm not quite sure which ones to order.

Pinball Life sells unfinished side rails. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2774

2 weeks later
#1265 5 years ago

Not all of them had coin door interlock switches installed from the factory.

#1267 5 years ago

I'm not really sure. TZ is the same way; some got the switch, some didn't. As far as I know, the connectors are always on the wire harness though, as you've discovered.

3 weeks later
#1381 5 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

As promised, pics of my BSD after installing the Pinballbulbs.com kit. It also has the Gothic Cross mod, Cliffy set, plastic protectors, Pinball Pro speakers, and chrome back box trim.

Some of the choices are unexpected (the one red multiball insert, the four spotlights, and having blue instead of red in the back right corner)... But it's actually pretty awesome.

#1382 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I just got my BSD working and I am in the prcess of figuring out the bazillion things that were wrong with the game. One thing that I noticed is that I can lock three balls in the coffin to start coffin multi ball and when it starts I only have one ball. I can start to spell DRACULA to get the jackpot but I am only doing it with one ball. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Since I have never really played a perfectly working machine before, I do not know how things are supposed to work during a game.

This may be obvious, but are there four balls installed (and not stuck anywhere)?

2 months later
#1777 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

what is the other plastic in the set for??

Above the entry ramp (top right corner of pic).

img_3877.jpg

1 year later
#3012 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

crazy how all are drying out or leaking at the same time

Yep, I replaced C7 and C10 just a couple weeks ago. Must be the weather...

4 weeks later
#3061 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Ok guys, got the new 24" opto board installed and seemed to work for about 4 games.. I checked it in switch test and seemed to have lost that opto again. What are the chances that opto just flaked out? Any input?

The opto is easy to test with your cellphone's camera app. You'll be able to see a purplish light coming from the opto on your phone if the opto is transmitting. After that, I'd check the wiring and connectors between the opto and your new board.

1 year later
#4606 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Trying to pick this one up...I think it was a one-off by Xtreme Pinball. If anybody has a lead, let me know.

That's a topper I drew up in Illustrator and had Greg cut for me. He has since sold the same topper to at least one other person (the person who took the photo you posted), so maybe he can still make those if you message him? https://www.facebook.com/Xtreme-Pinball-362268050466195/

pasted_image (resized).png

2 years later
#6927 56 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Hi all. New owner here! I am having issues with two optos, and it seems like they are related because one tends to trigger the other in test. Switch 73 left ramp entry and 53 castle lock 1. They will just freak out seemingly randomly.
I have cleaned the optos with 99% isopropyl alcohol.

I had the same issue, and it was a problem with the 10-switch opto board. I tried reflowing a lot of solder joints and replaced the capacitor, but no luck. I eventually gave in and bought a replacement (https://www.pinballlife.com/10-opto-replacement-board-a-15430.html).

1 month later
#7044 13 days ago

The blue color on the playfield varied depending on the manufacturer (Lenc Smith or Sun Process), so there seem to be color variations in the sling plastics as well to match.

#7048 12 days ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Here is my new compared to original[quoted image]

Wow that is way off.

1 week later
#7076 1 day ago
Quoted from Heypresto86:

I have just come back to machine smoking from this connector, the game will still play etc but unsure why this has happened???

Pretty common on WPC machines. See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/burnt-connectori-know-i-need-to-replace-it-but-why-did-it-happen

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevinleedrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside