New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 29878)

Bram Stokers Dracula Club....Welcome to the Carpathians

By shacklersrevenge

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,521 posts
  • 623 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by RobF
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,342 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bsd_J124-2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
BSD01 (resized).jpg
097325fd00492438923e621018ba9ac7a7d7e45e (resized).jpg
IMG_8258 (resized).JPG
Resized_20200816_205943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0388 (resized).jpg
IMG_0387 (resized).jpg
448746-i (resized).jpg
20200714_162825 (resized).jpg
bsd001 (resized).jpg
bsd003 (resized).jpg
bsd002 (resized).jpg
BSD Score (resized).jpg
D13759A0-40C3-4579-AEEE-E113D7FE453B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (7 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (7 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (7 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (7 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (7 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 7 years ago

I've been looking for lightnings but they are hard to find. I bought these black ones, both broke right off their shaft within two games. So for now, running regular flippers. I saw somewhere red lightnings with someone saying they had them in for two months now without issue

I've had mine in for a couple months now and no problems. Bought two pair from pinballcenter. eu

IMAG0391.jpg

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

Wow, that looks like a lot of work, but if you got a smokin' deal on it like I'm sure you did (lol) then it will be worth it in the end.

Puts a new meaning to a fire sale, got it while it was hot... err something

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Can't sleep so I'm out in the shop working on my BSD. Anyhoo, ever wonder what a BSD's playfield hardware looks like from an OCD perspective?
(Topside only, plus maybe a few extra fasteners I had on the workbench)

Yeah that looks familiar. That game is deceptive with the amount of hardware it has.

1 week later
#103 7 years ago

Yeah I'm part of the club. Painted lightning flippers and added a spotlight to the graveyard and a spotlight to shine red on the coffin. Also added the illuminated instruction cards and all leds except the flashers.

IMG_20121117_043722.jpg IMG_20121117_043741.jpg

#105 7 years ago

Bah, I can't get them rotated

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

How did you do the illuminated instruction cards?

Bought the kits from pinballcenter.eu then you have to wire into a 12 volt source.

#109 7 years ago

Another shot showing how nice the spotlight works on the graveyard.

IMG_20121117_125006.jpg

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from 7craig7:

I would love to add a spot on the graveyard too. What color bulb did u use to get that eerie look?

I used purple led on the graveyard and red facing the coffin. Bought the stern spotlights from pinball life and bought a threaded post to mount it for the graveyard and screws all from pinball life. Connected through the general illumination. Just solder it to one of the other lights. Very easy.

All my general illumination is purple leds from cointaker, and the lower playfield is blue, around the pops and the coffin are red, premiums I believe they haven't lasted very long at all and I've been less than impressed with cointaker leds. Don't get me wrong they look beautiful but at around a buck and a half a pop these things should last a long time. I was always under the impression leds last a very long time. The ones on acdc failed and atleast 6 on bsd have failed and I have only had them in a few months. I have incandescents in 3 other pins that have lasted years.

I may just buy all my leds from pinballlife from now on.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from JDub1006:

These might look good.

Those are the ones I have on mine and painted the lightning bolts the same blue color that's on the playfield. They have held up and seem to be strong, I know some were having problems with another brand.

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

Thanks going out to KCPinballfan for the idea of the spotlight on the graveyard. I had some free time this morning before everyone woke up so I removed my ramp and added a spotlight like he had and it looks great. I went with a blue led as I didn't have a bright enough purple to get much light there and I really like how it looks.

Oh no problem, glad I could help

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I always get a ton of really low scores and every now and then a really good game that is such a rush.
I have noticed when I get a good score I get a bat bounce of 50,000,000 at end of ball.......no idea why and how?!

You started bats and killed them off fast enough that the bat bonus was at its max. To start Bats you shoot the left ramp I think 3 times then you hit as many switches as fast as you can till all the bats are killed. Usually a shot to the pop bumpers is your best bet. If you started bats on your first ball and you finish the mode whatever that bonus is is carried over to every ball at the end of ball bonuses. You'll really get a lot of points if you can start bats twice in a few all preferably your first ball.

#161 7 years ago

If you buy from here you might wanna pick up a couple pairs of the red lightning flippers since they have them.

#163 7 years ago

Thanks for this. This really starts making a difference

No problem, glad I could help. Rats is similar btw but not as much points but if you can start them both you will get a bunch of points.

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

Anyone else have the annoying skill shot problem where the ball rarely hits the back drop target? The plunge seems to have enough kick during an autofire but not at the start of a ball... Maybe the gate before that area needs some lube. I wanted to make sure this isn't normal before I took off the ramps. Thanks!

Hmm mine seems to work fine. You might check the coils to see if it's a little loose.

1 month later
#225 7 years ago

Thats the type of scores I get with mine with lightning flippers, im sure others kick its ass but its a tough game so thats a respectable score.

2 months later
#301 7 years ago

pinballcenter.eu has red lightning flippers but they aren't williams name on them. I put them on mine and they are holding up well after about 8 months. I also have williams lightning flippers and they look almost identical.

1 month later
#310 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Hello again club members. Good to see the club still thriving! ''This is toooo easy...''
I will buy one again, just after some bigger fish for the time being. I just played on location last week though.
As stated above, do not buy the black flippers. The picture I had on the first page was of my game. It would break those in 2 minutes flat everytime. Design flaw.
Go with standard Williams yellow bats (regular length) if you want to dominate the game.
If not, aren't the white lightning bats decent?
The standard bats allowed me to score 6 plus billion, while the smaller bats I only achieved 2 billion, and often times, hard to crack a billion. The standard bats allow for a better stroke on the long shots and ramps, so it's nice In multi-ball. The small lightnings raise hell on everything, making every shot something you need to calculate or compensate for, because there is no room for error with those.
''Yoooou rrr a worthy opponent'' Enjoy!

The red lightning flips from pinballcenter.eu have held up for close to a year for me.

3 weeks later
#329 7 years ago

Welcome to the club both of you

4 weeks later
#339 7 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

ok so i figured id post here before trying to make a thread, but my bsd has a problem and i want to see if anyone here may know how to go about fixing it. ok so i turn the game on and i get no errors except for time and date etc bc i have no batteries in currently but when i got to the switch test and i pass my hand through the left ramp opto's Row 1 and 2 ground out and just make shit go ape shit. ive never seen this so i need some insight before i start diving head first in this mess

Could you elaborate more on this? Are you saying when these optos are triggered it fires off other switches?

1 week later
#346 7 years ago

After 9 months I just joined the billionaire club! 3 balls - lightning flippers.Insane rush and first time I heard 30 million and a ton of jackpots!

Isn't that the coolest callout? Good job on the billionaires club, I've done it once at 1.8+ billion. I was hitting so many shots the he couldn't keep up, sounded like he had a stutter.... "Th..th..th..th..thirty million!"

#349 7 years ago
Quoted from ChoppaCade:

I have been reading this post for a while now, I am new on pinside and own a BSD, just like to thank the guy way back in the thread about the magnet fix. He suggested to reset machine to fix magnet issues. Worked on my machine. I still have issues where it gives 2 balls instead of one when locking for castle multiball. I think I need to realign the rod that stops the balls.

I had this problem for a while then I realized it was something in the adjustments menu that you could change to make it hold the balls instead of release them causing two to enter the shooter lane. You may check that out to see if you find anything.

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

HiYes, that is a playfield protector. I bought it here in Germany, I think the US distributor is planetarypinball and he asks 99 dollar for them.On uncoated playfields they bring some shine like coated and secure the playfield. On my project with a very nice clearcoated playfield I just use it for some month. I just want to play the machine some weeks and will pass it to a friend. So he can decide to use it or play on the clearcoat.
I use this covers on all machines not restored. After clearcoating I usually dont use them than anymore. Its a nice protection agains loose inserts and a very smooth gameplay. Softer than clearcoat. bad thinks, some hinges, etc should be adjusted and bumpers are a little weaker.

Im not seeing these at planetary pinall. Could you add a link? Maybe im missing it somewhere.

#369 7 years ago

Here's mine. 20130630_224908.jpg 20130630_223751.jpg

#370 7 years ago

Post edited by Kcpinballfan : fixed the pictures I posted

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from Bradp56:

I am a new BSD owner can I join the club

You're in Brad, "Velcome to my home"

1 week later
#393 7 years ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

Do you play with night vision goggles on? Looks cool, but not very playable.

That pic was taken with my camera on my phone with a night setting to tone down glare, the game is very bright and vibrant. It's the second brightest game in my collection with acdc being first. No game looks the same in a picture as it does live.

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from telmnstr:

The rubber city on the left of my BSD tends to droop down and stop the ball.Have you all corrected city droop?

It might not have the correct sized hex spacer under it.

2 weeks later
#457 7 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

This game just keeps getting hotter and hotter.A while back when I was discussing my thoughts on leaving the hobby, I had a ton of people contacting me about my Dracula -- FAR more so than my other machines (White Water, The Shadow, AC/DC Premium).And on my Craigslist ads for my non-pinball coin-op stuff, folks see Dracula in the background and ask if I would consider selling it.

Yeah I think I would only part with mine for about 3k. Great game, awesome lightshow and sounds and looks awesome with leds

3 months later
#736 6 years ago

I'm thinking I may get out of the club and sell mine.

1 month later
#800 6 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Of the four BSDs i've had, three of them only had the one pop bumper cover. Looks incomplete and odd leaving the other two bare. Actually better off leaving all three without covers imo

I believe all they came with is a single pop cover.

#806 6 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Thinking OF joining the club.
It the shopout difficult on a BSD? Looks not too bad, but then again...

Shopping this pin is pretty difficult. It's deceptive on not looking like there is a lot going on but it is definitely one of the tougher pins I've shopped.

2 weeks later
#842 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Ok, I don't even know what that is. Like an audit menu entry for when the door is opened/closed?

Audit for amount of plays I assume

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 63.50
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside