IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodester.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago

Score! An exclusive club to join...I like those black flippers.

Have most of you guys put regular length bats on BSD?

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

No, not normal. Go to test, test flashers. Maybe bulbs are bad?

That 4 pin connector might be messed up. I often have to reseat the connector to get the "Love never dies" to work. One day I will fix it, but after shopping the machine a couple months back I just want to play it.

5 months later
#317 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

prob

prob just need a new dmd, but check the ribbons first. Maybe you could get one of those new Sigma displays, choose the color red and the upscale smoothing!!! bet that would be dope in BSD!!

I think the display is amber with that wonderful red filter over it. Choose wisely...

1 month later
#347 10 years ago

I love my BSD but replacement parts are rare and expensive. I just found a replacement speaker panel and paid an arm and a leg for it.

I hit 1.3 billion this weekend after waxing the playfield...it was amazing...

2 weeks later
#397 10 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Mine just shipped today! Pumped...

Grats on finally getting one!

2 months later
#613 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I noticed low voltage on the emitter opto for the beam going across the playfield for Mist Multiball. I was getting about 7 volts where it should have been 12. This caused the opto to register closed and the game to constantly run the magnet because it thinks there is a ball somewhere in that path. I'm re-capping the daughter opto board to the right underneath the playfield, I believe it uses 2 30v 100uf caps. Check your opto emitter voltage. The 12v power supply is unregulated so the game probably relies on these opto boards to smoothen out any remaining ripple in the supply.

Crash,

Did this solve the long opto problems? I get 1.1 volts at the emitter and 12 volts at the receiver. Ordered new optos but may beed to cap the 24 opto board if that is the issue.

#633 10 years ago

Well, I was having intermittent issues with the mist multiball. It seemed to work fine after the machine was on a while. I replaced both the emitter and the receiver and now something is wrong. The magnet goes back and forth constantly as it thinks a ball is stuck on the magnet since the long opto is screwy. I did actually see that the emitter is working via the camera test. I get 7 volts at the emitter now and about 13.5 at the receiver. I can't get the remote to trigger the receiver in test mode but when I put a meter on the receiver I can see a 1 volt drop when I sent a tv remote signal to it. Any ideas? New board?

#636 10 years ago
Quoted from nthack:

Yes, but how do you adjust it? It sits in a slot and cannot be moved either way. I think I may be missing something here.

Yea. Rides in that slot with very little adjustability.

#638 10 years ago

I ordered the Homepin opto board last night to hopefully solve my problems. I will let you guys know when it comes in. (From Austrailia)

#651 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Just finished the project! it's going straight back to location, where it was back in 2011 only in a dirty half-working state.

Looks good. I guess you got mist working right. Did you replace the opto board or did the new caps fix the problem?

Patiently waiting for the new board to arrice from Austrailia...not really that patient.

#652 10 years ago
Quoted from nthack:

I got a bit carried away when replacing parts and cleaning my BSD. My record keeping wasn't as good as it should have been and my memory is poor as well. I have these parts which I'm not sure where they go. I'm sure someone can help a novice. Many thanks in advance.

My BSD is partially torn down so I can take some pics when I get home from work tonight if nobody beats me to it.

#667 10 years ago

One of the posts is 3.5 inches and the other is 2.5 inches....

Anybody ever order the long opto board from Homepin? I sent the paypal payment Sunday and never got any word from them that the order was received or when it will be shipped...

#671 10 years ago

Regarding Homepin shiping:

I found a reply from Homepin in my spam box. I hate when that happens. It looks like 3 weeks which is fine...

Thanks Mike for making this product!

#675 10 years ago

I am using the same cards. They look great...laminated them at work.

1 week later
#677 10 years ago

Mystery hole gives a random reward. I think these are the rewards:
Light Castle Lock
Light Coffin Lock
Light Video Mode (completes V-I-D-E-O)
Advance Bonus X
Extra Ball
Mystery Score (100K to 5M or 20M)

Does the switch test good in test mode? Are you sure it gives you something every time the mystery award is lit?

1 week later
#679 10 years ago

I wanted to leave some positive feedback for Homepin. I was still having problems with mist circuit and they helped me solve the problem. They even sent me a nice "test jig" to test that my long optos were working right. I can happily say that my mist issues are done. Now, if I can only solve the pinball 1 missing error...

#682 10 years ago

I replaced the left with a stock coil too.

#683 10 years ago

And my missing ball error was operator error. You have to put the right number of balls in the game. Seems simple. except to me.

I spoke to soon on the mist multiball issues. It loads and carries a ball in test mode like it's supposed to. When I go to start a game, the ball loads up into the right pocket and stays caught on the magnet for a second or so and then drops against the gate in the pocket. That must drop too far down and cause the gate to drop the ball and they try to reload a new ball in the pocket. I attempted to bend the gate slightly inward but no luck yet.

Any ideas? I may be missing something so simple...

#688 10 years ago

Fixed my mist load error. Pretty easy to use the green led on the Homepin board to see if the optos are being properly lined up with the ball in the pocket.

Quoted from Kawasakiltd:

Here are a few pics of the one I just got a month + ago. Will get a full tear down here shortly and some leds.

Machine looks pretty darned good. Give her a good cleaning and enjoy...

#691 10 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Hi all Dracula fiends...
I have just got hold of a BSD, but sadly it has a lamp matrix issue, where in single lamp mode test more than 1 lamp will light.
First off I have noticed that the lamp on the mist multiball magnet is missing a diode, so I guess this is as good a place to start by fitting one.
Could I ask someone who has a BSD please photo the lamp on the magnet so I know where the wires go and the way round the diode goes.
Once I have fitted it I will then see if the fault clears up.
Many thanks Dracula Dudes

Hope this helps!
20131030_132117[1].jpg20131030_132117[1].jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodester.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=jodester and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.