IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#149 11 years ago

I have owned my Drac for about 8 years now. Bought it at a general auction in a pretty bad way and fixed 1000 things. It is a stayer that's for sure. When I had trouble with the mist multi-ball "24 inch opto board" (the manual incorrectly calls it "24 opto") I redesigned the circuit and this new board has kept many Dracula owners happy.

http://www.homepin.com/bsd.html

4 weeks later
#206 11 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

On other note, anyone know who has complete plastic sets in stock? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

Probably nobody

1 year later
#871 10 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

Wow, thanks TaylorVA for the Video! Now i understand the left wiregate and think i have to make it also new because the one installed doesn't work like this!
MrSanMaron: yes i don't think about the magnetic wire the first tests work fine but of course it can get magnetically after some games.
I will make it new with copper if i find some piece of copper with this dimensions now i know how to turn the wire...
Mike

........or stainless steel wire

2 years later
#3256 8 years ago

There are a lot of useful fault finding techniques for the 24" opto board in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-mist-woes-long-beam-opto

10 months later
#3962 7 years ago

You are bending the wire part NOT the flat metal mounting.

The reason is to allow the ball to JUST get through when the gate is actuated by the solenoid.

There isn't a lot of movement when the gate is actuated so it has to be bent "just right".

#3963 7 years ago

bsd (resized).jpgbsd (resized).jpg

#4015 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Is this sticking on the lock an alighnment issue, coil sleve issue, or just needs a bit of lubricant on the shaft? » YouTube video

As a general rule never ever lubricate any pinball parts. They are designed to run dry - adding lubricant will create a gooey black mess that makes things X100 worse.

#4058 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

What is it doing? I put a new Homepin board in yesterday, and my mist ball STOPPED working right. The game, on startup, would just endlessly dump the mist ball. Everytime it went into the shooter lane, the game would just fire it INTO the playfield and not the mist ball holding area.
Changed my board back to factory, and all is good. Did this 2 times just to make sure, and yep, bad Homepin board.
First time ever for me.

Could you please check and make sure the power (12V) LED lights on the replacement board. After that check that the green "beam" LED lights when the board is plugged in. The beam LED indicates when the TX and RX (long throw - 24") optos are "seeing" each other.

If the board doesn't do the above please tell me where you bought it (in PM) and I will make it good for you.

#4101 7 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I was looking around the game last night and I pulled the transmitor opto and I noticed there was a little scratch on the lens. I wonder if that could be the issue with alignment and not passing the opto one check?

Nope, Infrared doesn't care about that sort of thing. If it did IR receivers wouldn't be black.

1 month later
#4326 7 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Im hoping someone can confirm for me: When installing a remote battery holder theres no need to install a diode on the battery pack as there is a diode on the board already?

There is no need for an additional diode at the battery pack BUT some people like to fit an extra diode if they are using a 4 x battery holder to fill the space where the 4th battery would usually go. If fitted you will lose about 0.6V from your battery pack so this will probably result in the usable life of your batteries being shortened a little.

2 months later
#4451 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Can anyone tell me where I can get replacements optos both receiver and transmitter or a parts number. Please PM me. Thanks

Towards the bottom of the page here there are several types - you haven't told us which optos you are looking for exactly?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=19&pg=1

1 week later
#4483 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Take a picture of it. It sounds like Homepin's unit, which I do know I had a faulty one from them, and they made it right. But before we go there, let's verify that it is actually one of their boards.

If it has a green LED to indicate the beam is intact then it will be a Homepin board for sure.

Happy to assist if there is a board problem.

#4485 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

It is the home pin board. What is my next move?

Install the board - make sure the path between the TX and RX LEDs is free of obstructions - look to see if the green LED is illuminated - if it is, break the light beam across the playfield with your hand and observe that the green LED goes off and on as you break the beam.

If it does - the board, the LEDs and wiring is all OK. You problem is elsewhere.

If not - we need to look further at the LEDs and the wiring and plugs to them.

#4499 7 years ago

For those using the Homepin board here are a few faultfinding tips.

First, assume that the new board is working. It's easy to blame an unknown but we go to extraordinary lengths to ensure the board is 100% when it leaves the factory. The chances of it being faulty are very slim.

Plug the new board in and make sure the green LED lights showing that the beam across the playfield is working.

IGNORE all other things. Forget about any DMD displays, warnings etc. Just concentrate ONLY on the new board and getting the green LED to light. Do not bother with any of the machines self tests at this early stage.

If the green LED doesn't light, chances are high that either the optos (TX and/or RX) are shot or poorly aligned. Attend to them as required and check the soundness of all wiring and connectors between them and the new board.

Again, IGNORE everything else until you get this green LED illuminated. You are wasting your time looking anywhere else. The mist ball will never work until you get this long opto beam working correctly.

A very simple bench test for those who doubt the board is working:

Wire a TX LED to a plug for J2 and an RX Phototransistor to J1, then plug them into the new Homepin board directly. Apply 12V and the green LED will light. Using a steel ruler or similar you can break the light connection between the two LEDs to confirm. The RX and TX are marked clearly on the new board. You can even solder the TX and RX directly to the PCB on the solder side for a quick test.

Also be aware that there are many replacement parts out there (RX/TX) that have the leads reversed in the body. These parts work perfectly BUT must be connected the wrong way around. See my other thread on this issue.

ir_silk (resized).jpgir_silk (resized).jpg

#4501 7 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

While we're in this subject... Are the brass stand offs supposed to be loose on the resistors?

Yes, they are only there as spacers for the resistors to keep them away from the PCB.

#4518 7 years ago
Quoted from shedpinball:

Hi all , need some help with my BSD That has just developed a new problem , the machine trips and restarts when I am playing , the trigger to have it turn off/on is when I use both flippers at almost the same time , Had new coils ,flippers about 1 year ago and has never played so well , any thoughts would be appreciated .

This is a common issue with all WMS machines of this era. It's caused by the 5V rail sagging below the reset threshold of the microprocessor.

I suggest you read the Pinwiki on "WMS resets" and follow the suggested procedures there.

You could try "wiggling" the connectors on the main driver board to the right of the bank of fuses, J101 & J102. These provide the power to the board from the mains transformer and do cause trouble. If the fault goes away you should replace the plugs AND the pins on the board as a set to future proof it.

One warning I would make is that some people will suggest that you replace the big electro caps on the driver board. DO NOT do this until you have exhausted all other suggestions as it is VERY easy to damage the board and cause more problems.

#4530 7 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I have a BSD that the DMD Screen is displayed in German. I change the settings to English and free play but every time I turn the game off it reverts back to German and losses the free play setting. The game came with no batteries and the battery holder does not come with markings on which side is positive or negative. I tried with all three batteries with positive being up but that didnt work. I also tried with the two end batteries with positive up and then middle with negative up and that didnt work either.
Any help on how to keep the game to power up with english?
Thanks

All jumpers REMOVED also defaults to English.

5 months later
#4756 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Well, I opened up the backbox and seem to have fixed the mist multiball for now, but the UL flipper is throwing a problem at switch F8. Still not sure about that one.
edit: mist not working again -- it's gotta be an opto problem.

As others have suggested you probably should pull the 24" opto boards and inspect it. It is mounted UNDER the PF.

I suggest replace the electro cap, carefully inspect the choke (L1) and look for dry jointed connector pins. After that it's time to replace the board as the IC used is just no longer available. The suggestions above seem to fix about 1/3 of these boards so well worth a look.

5 months later
#5073 6 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Damn it! Usd$90, should I order new optos as well, Tx and Rx?
Gudtavo

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4362

The optos usually won't be required.

#5075 6 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Thanks, any idea why the sound it's extremely loud? Can't turned down with the coin door buttons, is a volume potentiometer somewhere else?
Gustavo

There is a volume override for minimum volume setting - somewhere in the menu.

#5077 6 years ago

The only thing worth trying is have a close look at the choke on the board. It has very fine wires that break off. You can scrape back some of the coating and attach a new wire if you find a broken wire.

Also replace the electro cap on the board. They can leak and cause issues.

If those things don't fix it I'm afraid there is little else can be done as the main IC is simply not available and the rest of the parts don't give any trouble.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=homepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.