PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_201837504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205105814 (resized).jpg
20240307_151004 (resized).jpg
20240307_113514 (resized).jpg
P1000806 (resized).JPG
to use (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (10 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6631 4 years ago

Finally joined the club and am finishing up dialing in my new BSD. I'm noticing that if I get a nice clean shot on the left ramp when the diverter is down, alot of times the ball will just fly off the wire form and end up back on the playfield instead of the castle lock. Any advice on how to tweak that out? Just play with the wire form and bend a bit to better hold the ball?

#6642 4 years ago

Colsond3

Thanks. I screwed around with this for a while and couldn't really get anywhere. What I ended up doing that seemed to work good and may help others (I can get a picture if this doesn't make sense) was use needle nose pliers and grab the left side of the wireform where the ball would fly off of and bend it up, using the right side of the wireform as the fulcrum so the left side of the wireform was higher than the right. It isn't really noticable but it makes a guardrail type effect that seems to both hold the ball on and slow it down just a touch. Working good so far...

5 months later
#7114 4 years ago

I've "solved" an issue I was having with my BSD, but was hoping for a little education to make sure I've actually got the root cause.

When the mist ball is staged on the right side of the game, it travels right to left with no problem and re-stages itself fine on the left if not hit. If the ball is staged on the left the right side gate seemed to open early and close early before the ball got there, making the multiball active when you didn't earn it.

I basically just adjusted the switch on the right side of the game that the magnet triggers until the timing seemed good. It works now but the window is pretty tight, meaning the gate on the right seems to close up jussssst as the ball is about to fall out.

Is that magnet switch the only thing that controls the timing of the gate? I've seen a few threads that say C2 on the fliptronics board should be replaced for this issue...is that true? Or is it just a matter of playing with the switch adjustment?

Any tips and tricks appreciated to make sure I've actually flushed this out.

#7117 4 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

I had a very similar issue and my board did not have a capacitor installed at C2. Adding one fixed the issue for me. I’d check and see if you have a capacitor at C2 to start.

Quoted from RussMyers:

BSD uses the two unused flipper circuits on the Flip2 board to control the opening and closing of the mist gates.
They are very sensitive to bent gate wires and incorrect spring tension, but yes there should be a 100uF (IIRC) cap at C2 on the Flip2 board for BSD.
I have seen BSDs with nothing on C2 and I always install one if missing.
RM

There is a cap there but it looks pretty visibly old and swollen out. I'll swap it and see what we get.

1 month later
#7169 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakemate:

Got a new topper, appeared from nowhere but I think it looks awesome. Matches the darkness of the game.[quoted image]

Maybe they covered BSD backboxes in catnip from the factory?

IMG_20191010_233110_130 (resized).jpgIMG_20191010_233110_130 (resized).jpg
11 months later
#7677 3 years ago

Wondering if anyone can help me narrow down a little quirk. If the mist ball is staged in the left side of the game and traveling right, the right gate opens and closes, but the ball BARELY makes it into the right staging area before the gate closes. Normally it just makes it and secures the ball, but occasionally the ball will slip out and start an unearned mist multiball.

Does anyone know what controls the timing of the gate closure? Is it the switch that the magnet assembly hits at the end of its path under the playfield? Just trying to understand what I need to adjust. Thanks!

#7712 3 years ago
Quoted from Rich327:

Hi - new to pinside and this forum. Have had my BSD for about 7 years now having been a pinball player since I was about 3 (my dad always had machines when I was growing up). Absolutely love the game but for one reason and another, the time has come to part with it. I wondered if you could give me a rough idea of what it is worth? Decent condition and all working but wouldn't suggest it looks brand new! No mods.
As a matter of interest, also wondered what other people's high score is? Mine currently sits at 8.5bn (on the screen) but didn't know if that was decent? I did have a game that went way over but unfortunately didn't record so I can't claim it (honest! )
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is a fantastic score! Mine is around 1.5 billion...don't want to know how long that took you lol.

As far as value there are a few things to point out and consider. On ALOT of these games you will see the red color on the cabinet faded out. If the other side of the game is like the picture you have, that is a huge plus for your game.

Does the game work all the way? You will want to check out that credit dot. If you are not familiar, there is a period (.) after the number of credit on your game. This means there is an error somewhere in the game. It could be something simple if you don't play very much such as a switch that has not been activated in several games. When you boot the game you should see a "press enter for test report" message. If you press the enter button on the coin door inside you will see the error the game has. If you report back here we can help with that.

The other thing to check is the boards in the backbox. If there are still AA batteries on the CPU check to make sure they have not leaked.

Your game looks to be in nice shape and especially with the cabinet colors. If the game works all the way the market seems to be around 3,500+ these days on BSD.

#7732 3 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

Does your Fliptronics 2 board have a cap at C2? Mine did not and caused a similar problem.

It does. It's probably original to the game though. Would that impact only the performance of the right side gate coil?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.