IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dudah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3311 8 years ago

Joined the club yesterday! Pulled this out of a home where it's been for 15+ years. Cabinet is near perfect, inside and boards are super clean. I stripped down the playfield today, a little damage from where the launched ball lands, but should clean up nice!

bsd2_(resized).jpgbsd2_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#3360 7 years ago

Before and after a shop job and LED conversion. Plus blood red flippers.

bsd_ba_(resized).jpgbsd_ba_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#3453 7 years ago

Blood red flippers rule. Have them with black pinball life rubbers. I could care less about lightning flippers.

1 week later
#3495 7 years ago

It kills me that they didn't ship this with a red start button! On the list of things to buy for mine

4 weeks later
#3520 7 years ago

Most of the time I walk away frustrated.
But sometimes, I make this game my bitch

IMG_20160722_192717_(resized).jpgIMG_20160722_192717_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#3557 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

They definitely have a tournament rom to fix the tilt/bonus bug, standardize mystery, and maybe something else? This is the first I've heard that it effected video mode.

I want this ROM!

1 week later
#3567 7 years ago

Can someone please take a picture of their ball launch switch? Mine never worked.

Here's how it's wired:

Green/orange to NO contact
White/yellow to NC contact
Diode from common to NC with the band facing the NC side

Tested the switch and it works, but not sure why it's wired up this way. Thanks!

4 months later
#4179 7 years ago

This game is quickly becoming the favorite in my collection. I can now shoot the ramps with a lot more success. I can easily rack up at least 5 multiballs in a game! Despite not having "deep" rules the strategy can certainly get deep. Keeps me coming back.

Mine's near perfect, who's got a right slingshot plastic for sale?

#4191 7 years ago

I absolutely love how LED's change the artwork on this game! I especially love the detail on the lower half.
I LED the shit out of all my games and can't get enough.
It's pretty well lit now with a couple spotlamps.
I'm planning to add a bunch of random LED strips all over to really make it pop!

IMG_20170107_140228 (resized).jpgIMG_20170107_140228 (resized).jpg

#4192 7 years ago

In that same LED strip effort, was playing around with the idea of adding some red LED strips on the back of the head and cab! TBD
Pictured is just one strip on the left side

IMG_20170107_141639 (resized).jpgIMG_20170107_141639 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170107_141635 (resized).jpgIMG_20170107_141635 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170107_141540 (resized).jpgIMG_20170107_141540 (resized).jpg

#4194 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What kind of bulbs did you use? I'm not a fan of colored GI but yours does look good. I like how the bulbs aren't overly bright but just washes over the playfield like a full moon. Is that because of your spotlights?

Thanks! They're PBL super bright's. While the spotlights may not seem like a lot, they do make a noticeable difference. Part of the LED strip plan is to put a long strip of blue along the apron to help light up the lower playfield better. Soon!

#4201 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Do you have an OCD board? My BSD came with comets in the inserts but they ghost bad. Castle Jackpot is constantly blinking even though it's not lit.

The OCD board does good work, but is a bit pricey for me. I have a ROM that's patched for LED's that works great!

Quoted from weaverj:

not sure if i want ice blue bottom or darker, normal blue.

I'm pretty loyal to the PBL bulbs, but those Ice Blue's certainly have me intrigued.

#4228 7 years ago

Main ramp on ePay - ebay.com link: Bally Williams Dracula Pinball Main Ramp Complete

A bunch of other ball guides, etc on there. Looks like someone is parting one out

1 week later
#4254 7 years ago

How did you clean it? Vinegar and then rubbing alcohol is the right way. It's hard to get under the chips as that usually keeps eating away at stuff. First try a different CPU to see if it's the opto board. Then I'd replace your U20.

1 week later
#4302 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

who got the bsd from coin op warehouse for 2600? just wondering if it was nice cause they only posted one pic and you hardly saw the playfield.

That's pretty much every sale from coinop warehouse. In less than 5 minutes from posting also.

1 month later
#4402 7 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Can anyone point me to these pictures. I would like to look at them again before I go and cut the windows out of my village.
Thanks
Gerry

Dig through the pictures here. I remember seeing it. Guy dremel'd out the windows and put some warm white LED strips in there. Great idea but the light was so subtle. You can barely see the windows from playing position. Not worth the effort IMO.

2 months later
#4630 6 years ago

Dracula remains a staple of my bedroom

IMG_20170611_204426 (resized).jpgIMG_20170611_204426 (resized).jpg

#4638 6 years ago

Looks real cool!
Is that an EL panel behind it?
I'd prefer to have "LOVE NEVER DIES" also illuminated

1 week later
#4658 6 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

OK - what the heck is Dracula saying when the ball comes out across the middle of the playfield for mist multiball? Mist? Winds? Vince?

Vince.
It was the owner of his favorite pizza place in the movie.

1 week later
#4673 6 years ago

Who's got a sad looking center target plastic?
I've got two less than perfect repros I'll give away to whoever needs em bad.

IMG_20170708_002004 (resized).jpgIMG_20170708_002004 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#4712 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I stand corrected. My BSD has the smaller typical plates / receivers.

Why keep them the same? You never see them.
Upgrade to the later/greater plates from PBL and don't look back.

#4717 6 years ago

Got lucky and found this NOS slingshot plastic on eBay. My otherwise perfect BSD is now complete!

Next step is to laser cut some DIY fluorescent protectors

IMG_20170727_223453 (resized).jpgIMG_20170727_223453 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#4751 6 years ago

Replace the electrolytic capacitor on the opto board if you're already pulling it.
Bad cap can cause flaky voltages and switch errors.

10 months later
#5527 5 years ago

Made this with some matte red chrome vinyl on my Silhouette Cameo.

IMG_20180811_115430_589 (resized).jpgIMG_20180811_115430_589 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#5746 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

my perfect BSD is out there somewhere. i swear.

It's in my basement

1 month later
#5924 5 years ago

This plastic next to the bumpers was missing on my game. I remade it along with a fluorescent protector! Have a couple extras, anyone in need?

IMG_20181114_014108 (resized).jpgIMG_20181114_014108 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#6025 5 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

The Pinsound board is a Cool Upgrade , but If it's Missing the smallest of soundZ ,, It's Not 4 me .. Vid- I shot a few years ago .. I bought this BSD Oct 28th of 09 , and it's Still in the Game RoOm Garage playing .

Good to see you back on here, BR!

1 week later
#6041 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

This happens to me occasionally - especially after cleaning the machine. I've wondered if anyone has modded a guardrail for that, but it happens so rarely on my BSD that it's really not worth the time to bother with.

This happens fairly regularly on mine. I have the wrong switch for the castle lock so think that may be a contributor

1 week later
#6094 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I didn't attend but this was at the Flip out 2018 show. Anyone have any info on this one? I've been looking for something different for the translite.
[quoted image]

Pretty sweet

2 months later
#6197 5 years ago
Quoted from Johnnys:

Hello Everyone. I love my BSD but now have a huge problem. My F104 fuse keeps blowing so coils 9-16 do not work! I started a topic "F104 fuses keep blowing..." please help" so if anyone over here is capable of pinball repair and can offer some help to someone like me who has just started reading about pinball repair please find my post and offer what you know. Much appreciated.

Check the wiring of those associated coils and make sure nothing is shorting out.
Then go digging at pinwiki.com

#6204 5 years ago

I'm looking for a coffin mod if anyone has an extra

#6223 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just rebuilt my flippers and sometimes when hitting the castle ramp when it's ready to lock a ball, the ball will fly off the metal ramp. This happens about 10% of the time and curious if anybody else has the same issue? Obviously with the diverter down in the ball going so fast with that angle it's bound to happen but just curious if others have the same issue? The only thing I could think of is the metal ramp is just slightly bent

People also mentioned stacking a couple washers where the habitrail mounts to the center target bank.

I have the wrong switch installed there, I plan to put the right one in and bend the arm out a little more.

2 weeks later
#6267 5 years ago
Quoted from LULUFLIPS:

I'm on the fence and need some advice. I just got a BSD and I want to restore it. It has some really bad wear on the shooter lane and other places. Should I just buy the reproduction and do a swap on the playfield? Or is it worth to repair the original? I paid $2900 for it.
[quoted image]

You'll never see that.
Fill it in, touch it up best you can and throw on some mylar and play the crap out of it.

If you really love the game, you can do a swap, but it's gonna cost you $1000 and a ton of time.

#6280 5 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

So I played already a little on my new BSD. Love it so far. Anyone else ever had a problem that balls going into the mystery hole get kicked out that hard that they somehow manage to get bounced up right beside the left slingshot and manage to drain sometimes?

Yes, re-level your game

#6281 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Sun Process. Playfield manufacturer. Compared to LS - Lenc Smith, which is more susceptible to planking.

I'd argue susceptible when improperly stored. My LS is immaculate!

1 month later
#6353 4 years ago
Quoted from KTruax:

painted my stuff...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Look great! Any tips? Brush? Airbrush?
Any specific colors? Or just get a bunch of paints and go crazy?

1 month later
#6580 4 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Why would anybody make him stop making those decals? They looked awesome.

Guessing lawyers

1 week later
#6622 4 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Spray the rod/axl with a light touch of silicon spray, did wonders on mine

Nice! I have a "dry" silicone spray leftover from a car window repair that's worked well in other applications. Will try.

#6629 4 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Anyone know if I can source the back panel decal somewhere?[quoted image]

I believe I have a scan backup. I'll check when I'm home Friday.

#6637 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Hi all. Does anyone know if the apron on this title is identical to Getaway one at all?
Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

The apron itself is the same, the artwork on there is not

#6657 4 years ago

Who's got stadium lights? Worth it?
I DIY mine and was thinking of doing my BSD next.

3 weeks later
#6770 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

little custom launch button touch[quoted image]

Awesome! Is the button easy to take apart?

1 month later
#6902 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

more pics

Incredible, even screened plastics!

2 weeks later
#6924 4 years ago

I redid the clear plastics and slingshot protectors in UV red, the LED's really make it pop and change the color near the flippers!

IMG_20190920_174611 (resized).jpgIMG_20190920_174611 (resized).jpgIMG_20190920_175215 (resized).jpgIMG_20190920_175215 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#7086 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

The village looks great. Tutorial, please!

Also thinking of doing this! Guessing Dremel them out and stick a led strip on there?

3 weeks later
#7136 4 years ago

Finally found a coffin mod, with the tombstone cover mod it's PERFECT!

IMG_1217 (resized).jpgIMG_1217 (resized).jpg
#7138 4 years ago

Made some quick (20 minutes) and cheap ($20?) velvet blades!
Originally was going to put this on my ToM (when I had it) a few years ago, had an extra 24x48 sheet of 0.06 PETG laying around and thought it could work well.
For this one, I was going for the look of a coffin lining.
Got the material from Jo-Ann real cheap. It's fairly stretchy (think a sock elastic) and a little iridescent.
Cut a template on the PETG from a mirror blade using a razor blade.
Sprayed some 3M high strength contact adhesive on both sides, let it tack for 1-2 minutes, applied, flipped it over, sprayed more adhesive on the back, let it tack, then tucked in the excess.
Cut a hole for the head screw mount.
Popped them in, they're a little bit snugger than a mirror blade, but considering the material the playfield moves pretty smoothly on it. Have to guide it a bit when putting the playfield back in but then it sits still.
Put the dimensions of the mirror blade if you want to copy.
IMG_1233 (resized).jpgIMG_1233 (resized).jpgIMG_1234 (resized).jpgIMG_1234 (resized).jpg

IMG_1235 (resized).jpgIMG_1235 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#7173 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Has anyone changed the lightning flippers to regular? How does it play?

I put the PPS blood red flippers on. Barry Oursler conformed the game was designed for standard flippers and the lightning flippers was a cash grab by upper management. I stand by em

3 weeks later
#7223 4 years ago

Have an extra set of slingshot protectors in UV red. They're translucent but have the protective paper still on there. $15 shipped

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
3 weeks later
#7255 4 years ago
Quoted from DarlingLuci:

Anyone have a pic of the coffin ramp shield that keeps the ball from hitting the bottom of the left ramp/wire ramp? Mine is missing and trying to source it make one. Can anyone confirm if it is here: https://www.fabunlimited.com/pinball/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-clear-replacement-plastics-2-piece-set Thanks.

That's the one. If you have access to a laser cutter I will happily share the vector file.

2 months later
#7350 3 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

No other game like it.

Hell yes. That’s why mine is never leaving.

#7358 3 years ago

That plastic was gone on mine when I got it. I didn’t even know one went there. Fine without it.

3 months later
#7476 3 years ago

Good to hear the standard flipper love. A couple years ago it was very biased for the lightning bats.

I asked Barry Oursler at Expo 2 years ago if BSD was supposed to have normal flippers and he said yes. It was a distributor that wanted lightning flippers for faster games so mgmt made the call.

The geometry is designed around standard flippers, so that’s what I use. Planetary has plenty of “blood red” bats that I imagine were made for BSD.

#7479 3 years ago

Where can I buy that ridiculous Dracula mannequin topper I've seen?
Who has one/likes it? It's a little "extra" (as the kids say) but I'm feeling stupid

1 week later
#7486 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Waiting for a BSD to turn up and want to LED out the GI as think it really suits this game (I usually hate led GI in older games)
The blue looks great in the lower pl but can’t decide if the top should be blue as well? Iv seen a lot of ppl use red at the top or even purple? What’s best all blue or two tone it blue bottom red top? Or maybe purple top?

I have blue bottom/puple top with superbright LED's. It fits the theme well but is fairly dark. I'm considering just switching over to all white.

4 months later
#7683 3 years ago

I never cared for the yellow start button.
3D printed a clear insert for the start button then put a waterslide decal on

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 years later
#10990 83 days ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I forget the podcast now but Barry confirmed that BSD was not designed with lightning flippers. It’s all good if you want the challenge but a major buyer/distro in Europe always ordered their games with lightnings for earning gains.

I verbally confirmed this with Barry at Expo a few years ago. There's a reason Planetary has a bulk amount of "blood red" flipper bats, a color that was never used on any other game.

1 week later
#11020 71 days ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Targets have to be hit in order (outer, then inner), so no, it wouldn't really work without code. At least, not without changing game play. Not to mention adding coils and a reset trigger in code.

I could see an Arduino reading the input from the drop target switches, feeding logic forward to the game, and code handles the resetting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 84.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dudah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=dudah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.