New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 29878)

Bram Stokers Dracula Club....Welcome to the Carpathians

By shacklersrevenge

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,521 posts
  • 623 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by RobF
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,342 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bsd_J124-2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
BSD01 (resized).jpg
097325fd00492438923e621018ba9ac7a7d7e45e (resized).jpg
IMG_8258 (resized).JPG
Resized_20200816_205943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0388 (resized).jpg
IMG_0387 (resized).jpg
448746-i (resized).jpg
20200714_162825 (resized).jpg
bsd001 (resized).jpg
bsd003 (resized).jpg
bsd002 (resized).jpg
BSD Score (resized).jpg
D13759A0-40C3-4579-AEEE-E113D7FE453B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (7 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (7 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (7 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (7 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (7 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider choppacade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#348 7 years ago

I have been reading this post for a while now, I am new on pinside and own a BSD, just like to thank the guy way back in the thread about the magnet fix. He suggested to reset machine to fix magnet issues. Worked on my machine. I still have issues where it gives 2 balls instead of one when locking for castle multiball. I think I need to realign the rod that stops the balls.

#351 7 years ago

Thanks for tips guys, I need to have a mess out with it on my next day off

#361 7 years ago
Quoted from RoberAstur:

Hello friends. I am new to the forum from the other side of the world ... From Spain.
I join the club because I'm a happy owner of this fantastic pinball.
I'm in the process of restoration, I hope to share with you the outcome of my beloved BSD.
Greetings.

Welcome fellow pinsider, I am a new member too, I have had my machine for 2 and half years. Eventually would like to get new decals, problem is no one to my knowledge is making them. Will be good to see your progress of your restoration.

2 weeks later
#417 7 years ago

I am hoping someone can help with me regarding Mist multi ball, I was convinced it was the loose wiring from the EMI board near the magnet power board but it still has issues after reconnecting wires with new connector. I have even replaced the opto board as well.
I am now thinking it could be the optos themselves?
What happens is that when the game starts it loads the ball ready for mist multi ball, seconds later it drops the ball and repeats the process. So basically the ball never stays there for mist multiball.
Would any one know exactly what to look for?

#423 7 years ago

Is it dropping back into the shooter lane, or out onto playfield?

It is locking for about 5 seconds, then the gate opens and it drops it onto playfield. Then the sequence is repeated.

Switch and solenoid tests all check out?

I have done both tests, the solenoids are fine, there is how ever a few switch issues. I don't have the knowledge (or the patience) to look for the colored wires and work out if they are working or not.

I think I will bite the bullet and get professional help, there is a guy not far from me that restores pins, I am hoping he can pay me a visit.

#425 7 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

If you have opto switch issues and you've already replaced the board, it should be An easy fix. Some tests for the long opto: Go into switch edges mode, take the ball out of the mist pocket, and put your hand across the beam. Should register. If not, youve got a problem. Test that the transmitter opto is on by turning on your digital camera and pointing it at the opto. If you see a faint blue then it's probably good. The receiver opto can be tested by pointing a tv remote at it and pressing some of the buttons (not sure which ones, experiment a bit). It should register in switch edges test if its working. At that point you should have a good idea what the replace. The hardest part is getting to the optos, which are buried under ramps and plastics.

Thanks Spraynard for taking time to write, I have both the plastic mouldings off for getting to optos. I did what you said, under switch edges test it brings up SW D7 and SW D6. I have run my hand in front of the optos across the PF and it registered on both tests (says SW 82 once I do that), so I am guessing the PF opto is fine. Further checks Left pocket opto is fine (SW 52), is there any other opto's that cause a problem?

#431 7 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

If you have any LEDs near the optos by the mist gates pull them out. They will cause interference with the optos.

Thanks for that tip, I will try it out tomorrow and take out LEDs and have a look at the plastic thing yzfguy was talking about to see if that helps.

#449 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

On the left side, find the opto with the plastic tiny tube in front of it. On mine, I had to loosen the screw holding that plastic piece so the beam was better directed. It was working in test, but showed up as an intermittant error. Put it in testand wiggle that piece/ lift and lower/ left and right. That was the fix for mine after replacing the opto board and all the optos!

I finally got it to work, the ball wasn't in front of the opto properly. I bent the metal piece that the ball rests on upwards so that it would sit in a higher position. Did the trick

3 months later
#726 6 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

I just bought a BSD a few days ago. And it's a beauty! So now i'm considering adding leds for the inserts. But i noticed cointaker offering the standard leds or the super brites. Does anyone have those? Can someone maybe add pics, so i can make a better judgement? Thanks in advance!

Any other advice or opinions is also much appriciated.

When I put LEDs into my BSD I used superbrights for the playfield and standards for the insertsDSC_0186.JPG

#742 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

nthack said:
It does affect the game significantly. There is confusion throughout with the machine getting in a pickle and not knowing where the balls are. Sometimes two balls in the right pocket. Sometimes repeatedly upping the ramp and shooting balls in to the pocket, then the gate opening and dropping the ball out. Sometimes no ball in either gate when the mist starts.

I had similar problems to this as well, I replaced the opto board from homepin and still had problems. In the end it was the right side ball sitting in front of the opto. It wasn't sitting high enough up in front of the opto. I gently bent the piece of metal under it so it would sit higher and "Hey Presto" it worked again.

#743 6 years ago

I have all LED's and it still works fine.

#747 6 years ago

I just looked back on old photos and found it, you can see the opto and the level of ball from piece of metal image.jpg

#749 6 years ago

That is right Robert, bent up away from the lockdown bar. I just gently used a screwdriver as a lever to correct the position

Chris

#751 6 years ago

Glad I could help Robert, I can't take all the credit, I got the idea from another pinsider, there is detailed info earlier in this mammoth thread of possible solutions. Chris.

1 month later
#847 6 years ago

Hi Netsepp, Pinballheaven.co.uk have most of those parts you are looking for or even better
Pinballcenter.eu has the set of plastics you require for 32 Euros

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
$ 25.00
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider choppacade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside