IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballerchef.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 11 years ago

Sweet!! BSD owner and I'm in!

My favorite MOD has to be the 4 black pinballs I installed into the game.....SPOOKY

IBTL

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

How are they holding up? Been in there for many games? I just wondered if they lost any of their 'black'. Where is the best place to buy them?
Thanks,
Mike . . . a BSD owner.

Matt at BAC sells them.....linked...

http://www.backalleycreations.com/bac%20main%20frame%20page.htm

Read the disclaimer first.

I have had them in for 10 months of non stop play. They work and function just like the silver ball.....just not silver! They still look good and I wouldn't change them for a second. Some people who play my BSD don't like them....good thing house rules

They make a spooky game even more creepy.....load those puppies into the coffin and rock Dracula back to an early grave!

1 week later
#132 11 years ago
Quoted from APOLLO_13:

figured out my castle lock problem... the shaft that sticks up to block the ball from going into the launch lane was fine... the coil was actuating fine, opto's all registered good... I put a rubber cap on the top of the rod... problem solved.

Hey apollo....I had this issue as well and figured out that my CASTLE LOCK RAMP wasn't aligned properly with that diverter rod. I didn't realize that the ramp could be adjusted to line up with that rod. It was as easy as 1,2,3......lickity splits! You shouldnt have to stick a piece of rubber on there like that?? Give it a try....you will just have to remove the castle plastic and loosen that bolt....adjust....done.

#134 11 years ago

COOL! Glad to be of some help

1 week later
#173 11 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

Anyone else have the annoying skill shot problem where the ball rarely hits the back drop target? The plunge seems to have enough kick during an autofire but not at the start of a ball... Maybe the gate before that area needs some lube. I wanted to make sure this isn't normal before I took off the ramps. Thanks!

Ninefingers.....mine had this issue. Sometimes the ball would barely make it up the ramp, drop down, and not even get to the upper in lanes. I tried everything......novused the ramps, replaced t
he shooter rod, rubber, and sleeve....but it still wouldn't function properly 100% of the time. What worked was there is a small plastic square right above the beginning of the plastic lane guide (as soon as it gets off the metal ramp) that's screwed into the ramp....I'm not sure what it even protects but my ball was hitting this off the metal ramp and slowing the ball down tremendously. I removed it and voila....haven't missed a skill shot since! I'm not sure if this will work for you....but it did for me so I'm sharing

9 months later
#502 10 years ago

So duct tape on a ramp and wedged pennies for a loose solenoid?? Are these the REAL BSD pinball machines?? Sounds like home made versions!

1 month later
#663 10 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

pretty sure that goes above the coffin ramp. If you screw it down too tight balls will get hung up on it.

+1

3 weeks later
#711 10 years ago
Quoted from DUFUS:

Speaking of skull mods on BSD...

» YouTube video

DSC00456-861.JPG 4 MB

Nice one dufus! I like how it's not there...than it's there. Good stuffs.

2 months later
#878 10 years ago

Nice DRANO.....you got back into the club in style! This is how to do it

3 months later
#1321 10 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

^^ love to see that with some pictures when they are back

Me too! I've always thought of doing this or "murdering" out my ramps/rails/legs.....making it even more of a killer game than ever.

1 week later
#1439 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Can I join

2014-04-29 10.25.45.jpg 334 KB

Only if you plan on staying.......FOREVER!!!

1 month later
#1647 9 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

Just got mine back from getting the playfield clearcoated. The kabinet is original and unfaded. Hardly any damage also. Also got it ledded up!
Very happy with this one!

DSC06002.JPG 284 KB

DSC06001.JPG 331 KB

I think you need one more trash can next to it

3 months later
#1993 9 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Got my clear coffin ramp plastics from Jason. No longer rejecting any of the shots!
Finally my beloved BSD works as it should.
I had to remove the whole coffin to assemble it, but that is a small price to pay.
1 hour later I was on my way.
Now onwards to a question. I have the lightning flippers on my game. My best score is 100 mill.
A weak score.... So my question, should I replace the flipper bats with ordinary ones?
Or just practice more?
I know that the game is too brutal for my GF and friends.
So I am think of doing that to make it more enjoyable for all (myself included)
What would you do?
Axl

Put the regular blood red bats on....lightning bats weren't intended for it.

8 months later
#2655 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Guess who is home and now a member of the club once again ?
Man, this example is SO nice. Weirpinball will be coming over to help me get this up the stairs later today (Sunday). Once it is setup, I will take a good number of pictures for everyone to see. This is a SUPER nice example!
20150606_150322.jpg 20150606_150330.jpg

Welcome back man!! If you ever have to come back for a 3rd time.....we will have words. You have been warned
Seriously tho looks to be a sweet BSD...grats.

2 months later
#2869 8 years ago
Quoted from thetoyphantom:

Sweet, your machine looks great. Ok just a little tease...

image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg image_3.jpg image_4.jpg

Yeah that speckled blood look on the wire forms are nice!!! I like that a lot.

You mentioned using Silverjet premium balls in your restore.....since BSD uses a magnet for the MIST feature I'd go with the PBL high gloss shiny balls as Silverjets use a different core and are said to magnetize causing trough issues and such down the road.

BSD deserves all this love. 1000%

3 months later
#3079 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Extra long flippers cool video thax

They look like the same flippers I have on my drac. Come to think of it....all my games have those flippers

Cool vid Crash.....I felt like I was right there! Too bad MIST multiball fooled ya twice.

1 month later
#3196 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

So not sure if this has been discussed before, but Gooterman, here on PS was having Right gate issues. He read schematics and found that the right gate coil uses the Fliptronics board for hold power specifically the C2 cap 100mu. His was missing, upon further investigation, he found that many of the BSD's were sent out with the flipper boards not having this C2 cap. I looked at mine and found that I was also missing my C2 cap and I have always had sparatic right gate issues. Anyone else every here of this or know anything about it?

Bsd_(resized).jpg

YES.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-mist-gates-issue

#3202 8 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

So I went through the thread and didn't see any pic of BSD with mirror blades? My question is it because the clearance is too small or will it interfere with the mist optos?

I'd say mainly because of real estate on the sides. There aren't many open spots to be able to enjoy what mirror blades do....reflect. I've given it some thought but decided it's not worth it on a BSD.

3 months later
#3385 7 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Just got a BSD that is cosmetically beautiful, 8/10. Board is clean (9/10).
The Mist mode work as I tested it. It does seem extremely loud. I'm not sure if it's the Motor or what.
I've read that they are not maintainable. Is this true. Marco Specialties is out.
Any tips on making the Motor run more quietly?

It's loud. Mine is loud. Drac is loud. The MIST call out is loud.

Deal.

Nuff' said.

#3389 7 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Finding it difficult to find cliffy's for BSD. Anyone know who has them? Thanks.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/bsd.htm

2 weeks later
#3411 7 years ago
Quoted from rudygulp42:

I'm out of the club. I already am planning a reunion.

Quoted from Colsond3:

^^^^ I made that same mistake late last year. Did score a very cherry BF for it though. Luckily I was able to rejoin the club here myself in March. BSD not leaving again!! One of the most challenging and truly tough games ever made IMO.

You guys are smart. VERY smart!

1 week later
#3454 7 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Blood red flippers rule. Have them with black pinball life rubbers. I could care less about lightning flippers.

Agreed 100%. I have them blood red bad boys on mine too. Lightning flippers. WATEVS.

4 months later
#3784 7 years ago

I've never seen stray pixels but how about lost pixels in the main background graphics.....all the front word graphics are fine but the Dracula skill shot heads, clouds, and detailed stuff all have many missing pixels in them in these pics of my DMD. Funny sometimes it's worse than other times....very random.

IMG_4393 (resized).JPGIMG_4393 (resized).JPG

IMG_4396 (resized).JPGIMG_4396 (resized).JPG

IMG_4397 (resized).JPGIMG_4397 (resized).JPG

IMG_4398 (resized).JPGIMG_4398 (resized).JPG

#3788 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

How do you hear anything with those promo coasters in front of the speakers?

Like this........

IMG_5003 (resized).JPGIMG_5003 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3797 7 years ago

The sickness is real

1 month later
#3999 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Got the call today from Trent. BSD is ready for pick up!!!
I go get it on Sunday. Soon.....!!

1/1/17. The day when you REALLY got your shit together

#4024 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Honestly.. I think that distinction is overhyped. I've seen great examples of both.

Agreed. This question is asked like one PF is a knock off of the other. Silly.

1 week later
#4206 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

So is there any fading inserts in BSD? Is the OCD board necessary for BSD?

What BigD is saying is that the patched ROM he has eliminated ghosting inserts with LED lights....the ROM itself doesn't smooth out LEDs like the LEDOCD boards do. Only incadescents fade in and out if you aren't going to splurge on an OCD board to make the LEDs act in the same manner.

I have neither and yes....some of my insert LEDs ghost. I will recommended the LEDOCD though as I have it in one of my games.....great product!

3 months later
#4549 6 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Thanks! You are right regarding the cab art red, I spent a ton of time thinking about that specifically. The choice was easier after ordering some artwork. The red is actually deeper on the art that I ordered and really fits.
I had the same struggle with the blade art that bought. The online pics show a kind of purple that doesn't appear to match yet once installed I have been very pleased with them.

Don't tell the speakers you stole there panels to make a GIANT key fob

2 weeks later
#4596 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for a topper like this one

Now THATS cool. I've been putting off adding a topper to my BSD bc I haven't seen anything worthy enough to sit atop there. This with some moving spot lights on it on either side would be a sweet set up.

#4605 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Added the custom pincup from Modfather last night.

I know it's there.....but I can't see it

1 month later
#4692 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Make sure it's facing the right way.
If it isn't making it, it's gotta be getting hung up somewhere. Watch real close and figure out where you can see it rattle. Top right gate, under the ramp, etc. How does the entrance ramp flap look?

What he said. I actually removed that plastic bc I was having the same issue....still have it but never put it back on as my ball hits that skill shot drop every time now where as before it didn't. I thought it was the coil strength too....nope nope nope!!

7 months later
#5049 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Thanks!
Why is laserific closed?

Joe had some health issues/concerns.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/status-of-laseriffic

3 months later
#5213 5 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Purchased a new Mirco BSD playfield at Allentown and just about done with the parts transfer. It's a really well done playfield and looks beautiful!
Having put in all this work (and $$) into the restoration, I thought it would be nice to have fresh, clean, less banged up and more robust weldments installed.
Would any guys out there be interested in replacement weldments for their game? I'm looking into having a set made and wondering what the interest would be.
Can't wait to have this game up and running again!

You talking about weldments inside the cab ?

#5226 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

I'd love one of these- at least to hold on to for the future- but what about the urban legend that these will take a very long time to ship from date of order?

He said they were made and ready to ship...its when he's doing the work that you'll have wait. But when he says he has'em.....he has'em!

#5227 5 years ago

Sure, take a look.. but I think I prefer the "mood" of the blue night, at least as a default during standby mode. I asked Pinstadium about the option to switch profiles automatically on "start"..

I don't like the pin stadiums on BSD...the village plastics take up too much side real estate for them to to truly effective. But in that pic you need to dim the whites down a bit...make it more gloomy. The blue is too much...blue.

#5241 5 years ago

I had more time to play around with settings today. Village didn't seem to obstruct the lighting at all. Game looked half unlit without it even with CT LED conversion.

Hmmm yeah you may be onto to something...can you take a pic of the left side of your machine with them attached? I have little room on mine but may just use a set of pinstadiums to play around with...I have them on my BR.

1 month later
#5390 5 years ago

It’s very original Mikonos...you know what pinball machines need

1 month later
#5507 5 years ago

I have an original set of lightening flippers in the coin box..changed them out for regular blood red flips like the pin was intended for.

1 week later
#5577 5 years ago

I actually like that alt translite which I never seem to...I like the grays and red lit up nicely like that. Kudos cheshirefilms

1 month later
#5715 5 years ago

How are most of you removing the rails...your method? Or are you just buying new ones to have them powder coated?

#5719 5 years ago

The old rails always die on removal or were already scratched/dented and not worth saving. Don't try to save them. Your main goal is to not tear the decal while removing. Methods for removal are on Pinside. I'd not deviate and take it very slow. Then a fun glue removal mini project awaits.

Quoted from GRB1959:

You may want to review the thread below for how I removed the side rails from my TZ. The method detailed by @silverballnut worked perfectly and I was able to remove the side rails without damaging either the side rails or the cabinet decals.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/side-rail-removalinstallation-for-decaled-tz
Gord

Ok good info thanks for looking out guys. I figured new rails would be the way to go.

#5721 5 years ago

Has anyone ever painted or had an artist get the red coloring back onto the decals? My original decals are so nice and clean but the reds are 100% gone...and I have no interest in re decaling.

#5727 5 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

Use a red sharpie, worked for me
[quoted image]

It does the trick....I just don’t think that I have that level of patience to do that. Nice tho.

#5736 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

How about painted with acrylic paints? Like mine that’s not for sale..
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks very good! Yeah I’d def let somebody with the patience and skill to do that...I’m not even good at coloring
I like all the ideas though. The white doesn’t bother me at all....but I enjoy the red being there as it was intended. It really makes the dark cab pop with some color.

2 weeks later
#5834 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Interactive undercab lighting added at York show, and UV light above graveyard. Just need some UV paint now.
And Pinsound acquired.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice! I’ve been wanting this for my BSD (pinsound boards)but still on the fence. Wish you pulled the trigger and had these installed on Friday....I played both your games with red rails!! You love you some VAMPS!

#5850 5 years ago

So no sounds off pop and sling shot hits?? That’s def something missing BUT the orchestral music is badass...puts you in the BSD mood.

1 month later
#5945 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm working towards restoring my Dracula Game. The movie was awesome the pinball doesn't match the movie in terms of toys or detail. One of the companies I own is called Blacklight Attractions and we do a lot of themed 3D enviorments. I friend of mine (elevatorman) is working on the game itself and we powercoated the entire thing red and back including all the rails. I had my painters re-paint all the plastic sets. We put on new decals, led, color screen and adding some toys. Also waiting on the ramps I bought from a guy on this thread. We're changing all the posts, rubbers, sideblade art, you name it. Should turn out pretty awesome once done.
Once its done we'll share some pics. But in the meantime check out the plastics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those painted plastics are gorgeous. Seriously that is some fine detail of epic proportions.

1 month later
#6045 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

Has anyone ever had issues with the ball lunging around when hitting the castle shot, should come down into the lock but at it's speed it can jump over and onto the playfield. Any known solutions?

I also had the same issue so I used some extra washers stacked to raise the wireworm to slow the ball down as it comes off the ramp and diverter.

#6050 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

Sorry - being a bit silly here, I have washers for days and I too have no HD foam handy. Where did you stack these, lock end?

Took a quick pic with the glass on.....

F8EF4B04-D936-4681-99D8-1951D5494AA1 (resized).jpegF8EF4B04-D936-4681-99D8-1951D5494AA1 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#6146 5 years ago
Quoted from Trident:

Here they are installed I’ve got the castle and town out painting them.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those are fun looking!! They don’t fit with the artistic layout 100% but I like them....creative and refreshing. Cool
Stuff bud.

5 months later
#6644 4 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Just got an email from pinsound for their new Motion Control board & shaker kit. It features a relay output that you can connect and control a variety of devices. They mention a fog machine in addition to others.
Imagine if when starting Mist, underneath the machine a green LED strip turns on and green-lighted fog spews out to create a green mist in your room. Sounds insane, but if the fog doesn't harm the games (I don't know if it does or not), it would be epic.
P.S. - I am not a spokesman for Pinsound, haha, but I am a lover of their products and would certainly be a guinea pig tester if they ever needed one!

The fog machine mod has already been done before.....liorillusion created it. I have it on my machine...the mist motor triggers my fog machine underneath my pin and it spews fog. You can adjust for how long the fog machine stays on...a little goes a long way. It’s def a neat n nifty mod!

1 month later
#6775 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Installed a shaker motor in my BSD this weekend! [quoted image]

What’s the verdict? Badass??

8 months later
#7302 3 years ago

Another positive vote for Mr_Tantrum flipper topper....really fun and fit perfectly on my blood red bats and with the theme of BSD!! Thanks dude!

21E043DF-5F07-492C-90A9-931A51594F69 (resized).jpeg21E043DF-5F07-492C-90A9-931A51594F69 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 84.99
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballerchef.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=Pinballerchef and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.