PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_201837504 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205105814 (resized).jpg
20240307_151004 (resized).jpg
20240307_113514 (resized).jpg
P1000806 (resized).JPG
to use (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (10 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2834 8 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Just installed regular bats. Such a fantastic experience! Really this pin is great, but often very frustrating with lightning bats. Now no more frustration, lots of multi-multiballs and constant adrenalinic action! Amazing!! I think lightining bats were used on location to make more money, but this pin too is supposed to be played with regular bats, it plays so much better. Shooting targets is now an option (although still requires to be careful), not just a suicidal shot forcing you to just wait that luckily the targets get randomly touched. My best score with lightining bats is 3.5B, so I can say I am good at this pin. Still, with lightining bats most of the games were around 20M, or around 100m with 5 balls. Just silly.
Now I could even revert to 3 balls: much better having often 3 fun balls, than begging for a lonely decent ball out of 5 and standing hopelessly looking so many balls draining fast most of the times.
Also another must: narrow outlanes. Then BSD become a fantastic, difficult pin, but not frustrating (and often simply stupid).

With a 3.5B, I'm surprised you'd want narrower lanes and longer flippers (or have 20M average games)..unless it's to make guests happier in the short run. I've tried a BSD with regular flippers and didn't prefer it at all. I like that the game punishes bad shots and makes the good ones more rewarding. I certainly wouldn't play with 5 balls as I don't find it difficult to get 4-5 ball games with 3 balls (5 loops extra ball is very easy, and getting to level 2 on video mode isn't too hard either). Just a subjective area I suppose. Eventually I'd like to participate in tournaments and would never want to learn on a machine that is easier (control-wise) than what I'd find at an event.

7 months later
#3292 8 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Black or red?

The black looks way better IMO. Something I'd consider doing to my own. I'd consider the red a downgrade from stock. Perhaps red sides/lockdown and black legs would be okay, but I'd still prefer all black if the choice were mine.

8 months later
#3824 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm not sure what you mean.
It's up to the individual if they are OK with the purple or not. I don't see why Classic Arcades has to change it if they don't want to. It's good to know the difference before buying and they show it in the pictures.

I wasn't aware of the color issue when I ordered it, but saw it noted here before it arrived. Mine does have the purple, but it doesn't look bad at all on the machine, and unnoticeable during play. Still better than the somewhat foggy panel I had before.

Also, the LED ColorDMD is very impressive and has way more pop/definition than the LCD screens IMO (I'd gladly get LED again for certain machines, but I like the smoothing option on the LCD too). Just with the new LED screen set on red, I see more detail than I realized was in the dots (compared to the original setup as it was). Had I known it would look so good, I would have wanted it without the impending color

2 weeks later
#3832 7 years ago

Just noticed with the Color DMD that the "SUN" frame (after putting in your initials) hasn't been colored. Not sure if this has been discovered yet or if it's worth reporting to Color DMD for possible revision.

#3836 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

SUN frame? I put Sun in for the initials and Dracula screamed but I didn't see any animation. I read about the easter egg. Can you give me a little more info of how to get it? Maybe it only works for a grand champion or something.

It still shows the scrolls and reads something to the effect of "Oh no - Not the Sun -AGHHHH"

It was as a Grand Champion when I just last did it (cheated to see the color animations :p). I don't recall if that was necessary to see the text frame.

2 weeks later
#3979 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

No broken wires, everything looks good.

Did you check each wire for continuity through the coiled magnet cable? (diode/continuity setting on a meter). I just finally got around to fixing my light that hadn't worked since I got it. No visibly broken wires, but a test showed there was a break (test further down the line if it checks out good). I ended up just soldering in a new wire (can't seem to find a new cable in stock anywhere).

#3982 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Great tip! So you mean both magnet harnesses correct?

Ultimately the entire length of wire that connects to the mist light socket (if nearby wires check out good), but the coiled magnet cable (http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16311) that moves every time the magnet moves tends to eventually break the wires internally. Heck, by fixing my light, I managed to break/exacerbate one of the magnet wires and had to fix that too.

Just pull the connector out (at the coiled cable) that goes to the socket and test from the pin to the corresponding socket wire. On the diode setting, if you touch each end of a wire, it will read OL if there is a break. Any reading that isn't OL (even 0.00) is a good reading for continuity. Wiggling the coiled cable (while testing) here may help reveal a break that touches some of the time, but not when the magnet is moving.

#3985 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks! I'll do this test today after work. Now let me ask you this: Wouldn't any break in the wires internally cause the magnet to fail? My magnet works 100%. Thanks again!

No, the wires going to the light socket are separate from the magnet . You will see two separate connectors at the tail of the coiled cable. Of course the wire colors will indicate which one is for the light.

#3991 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

So I checked for continuity and sure enough, there is no continuity in the white wire. The red wire gives good continuity. There must be a break between the harness and the socket. I assume this means I must replace this coiled magnet cable in order to make the light work?
Thanks so much for your help!!!

I soldered in a new piece of wire for the time being as the cable assembly seems to be hard to find. If enough of the wire is good at the connector, you can strip a bit of that and solder/heat shrink (or method you prefer) just the one bad wire. I loosely wrapped the new wire around the coiled cable so that it can move freely with the cable and tight enough that it wouldn't catch on anything.

Preferably I'd also like to find a new assembly if they become available (perhaps I don't know where to look?), but for now it's working with the quick fix.

9 months later
#4790 6 years ago

Been chasing a Mist issue myself. I've had BSD for about 2.5 years now and while it was mostly good in the past, it could always be finicky. Recently it completely stopped working and would just do the ball dump over and over again (not something it had never done before, but this time it never comes back to life). Magnet function seems good. In all previous tests I'd do when an issue came up, the beam could be broken by my hand--that no longer happens (it stays closed unless the receiver responds to a remote control).

I replaced both capacitors, see no obvious issues on the board (L1 inductor is connected). I can see the beam from the transmitter on a camera. The receiver was fairly responsive to a remote control at close distance before, but now seems somewhat intermittent at even recognizing the remote control signal. Could that suggest the receiver opto is suspect? Getting over 12V on the receiver side, but only .95 Volts on the transmitter side (not certain what I'm supposed to be seeing there, but was expecting 12V). The .95 V reading is the same at the board, so perhaps the issue is at the board. The board itself is getting 12V (13+ I believe), and the LED is on.

Appreciate any insight anyone may have as I continue to diagnose the issue and before I throw more parts at it.

#4793 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Again I would suggest a new Homepin board. It's still a needed upgrade that will come into play sooner or later.

Already went ahead and ordered that and both optos from PBL . Prefer to fix issues myself when possible, but after the caps failed to fix it and issues seemed to get weirder, I was willing to give up this time. Hopefully the board is the fix, and I figure the opto set is good to have on hand either way (of all my machines, BSD is the only one I couldn't imagine selling).

#4795 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

When you get the board it may not fix your issue out of the box. You may have to adjust it

The adjuster is fixed (glued) into place on my board (perhaps that's something new they are doing). Green light worked out of the box and Mist is now working, however, now the ball ends when only one ball drains during multiball--this never happened with the old board when it worked.

I now get "lamp interference" in test mode for the opto check and suspect this could be the issue, though a search here brings up the homepin board and others that have removed 20+ LEDs with the same issue persisting after installing the hompin. While my GI bulbs around the optos were always incandescent, I'll start pulling Leds in the vicinity to see if that makes it disappear.

#4798 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

That happened to me after my new board as well. I had to cover the flasher under the receiver opto with some electrical tape until I get a new bulb. Works fine.

Thanks for the lead.

EDIT: Thus far, the magnet test clearly shows that at least the Castle/Hellsing flashers interfere with the beam (beam flickers when they flicker, and the test notes flasher interference). Both of those flashers are incandescent though and shouldn't be causing such issues I would have thought.

EDIT 2: I swapped the incandescent flashers out for flat LED flashers and no longer get flasher interference in test, but still "lamp interference." Will try pulling some other LEDs. Otherwise, the magnet test still runs fine and grabs the ball, takes it back, etc. As noted, it's just ending the round with one ball drained during mist-multi (mist-multi starts fine in game after knocking the ball off track).

Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Ok so just for a recap, check opto 1 never passes without failing with either a lamp interference or flasher interference. I have removed lamps in the game and still get an interference even with no lighting there. In switch test mode sometimes the switch 82 ball on magnet bounces on and off (hasn't done this for a few now). The homepin long range green light is on and fine but still throws an error for check opto 1. Everything else wis working smooth besides that.

Quoted from nthack:

Hello again. More magnet test problems here in UK. I have installed a new long opto board from Homepin in Australia without any problems. Everything now works fine except when during T15 magnet tests, I get repeated Opto Check faults with a "Lamp Interference" note. Doesn't happen every time, usually on Opto Check 1 or 2. I have removed about 20 bulbs in the area, but still no luck. Is there a particular bulb which may cause this problem? Or is it something else?
Many thanks for any help.

/\/\ these posts seem to echo the lamp interference issue that showed up in relation to a homepin board.

Is there anything about the potentiometer setting on the homepin board that can adjust sensitivity?

Quoted from kvan99:

Can you post a picture of the glued potentiometer?

Poten (resized).jpgPoten (resized).jpg

#4800 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Personally I would try and adjust the board next and see what results I get.

Same results for any working setting (I also tried settings outside the green range). Not a large range for working settings.

The beam responds normally to a hand blocking it (lights don't seem to cause an issue at that point), but when the opto test happens and it blinks the lights, it flickers with them.

#4802 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Ok, then next you'll need to pull the 2 light bulbs above the opto and test, read the post below Joh Wart had the same issue he narrowed down to the 2 GI bulbs. After you verify the fix we can figure out how to keep the bulbs and prevent them from interfering.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/-vi-rwWJsPI
One last known issue that can end the game early. If one of the gates is bent up slightly it will block the beam making the game think the ball is still on the magnet and you never knocked it off. This will end the round after one ball drain too. So check the gates with the switch test running and lift each gate up and let it drop you should see the switch verify the beam getting blocked then opened. Do this for both sides.

I had actually discovered that post before and had pulled those two bulbs completely out, yet got the same result. Those are incans, and the first bulb below the trans and the receiver optos are also incan. I'm about to get back at it (I do have red LEDs in the vicinity that could be suspect).

With the new homepin board, I also noted that the receiver opto responds to a remote from a much larger range and distance than with the old board, where it would previously only respond when pointed closer and more direct. Not sure how relevant that may be, but the receiver is clearly way more sensitive now (I would expect that it really shouldn't be failing opto check with the factory spec. flashers, etc. that gave it issues).

#4804 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Ok, then next you'll need to pull the 2 light bulbs above the opto and test, read the post below Joh Wart had the same issue he narrowed down to the 2 GI bulbs. After you verify the fix we can figure out how to keep the bulbs and prevent them from interfering.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/-vi-rwWJsPI
One last known issue that can end the game early. If one of the gates is bent up slightly it will block the beam making the game think the ball is still on the magnet and you never knocked it off. This will end the round after one ball drain too. So check the gates with the switch test running and lift each gate up and let it drop you should see the switch verify the beam getting blocked then opened. Do this for both sides.

New receiver opto ended up being the fix (swapped after checking the solder joints at the old opto and testing continuity). No more lamp interference in test and the ball no longer ends after Mist multi. Hopefully my experience helps someone down the road, but it's clear the Mist issues are hard to pinpoint as the same symptoms can be so many different things.

#4806 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Alright...glad you got it sorted.

Thanks, and I appreciate the help

1 month later
#4872 6 years ago

Finished up a new mod earlier today. Was a suggestion from a fellow Pinsider (rubberducks) as he asked me to come up with a way to deal with the visible switches. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-interactive-led-stained-glass-castle-switch-covers-mod-thread#post-4069479

fixedd (resized).jpgfixedd (resized).jpg

#4882 6 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

This. Want this now.

Just seeing this now. Thank you for the compliment. I posted the less involved "Ruins" version in the updated mod thread.

BSD Ruinss (resized).jpgBSD Ruinss (resized).jpg
20171113_221026 (resized).jpg20171113_221026 (resized).jpg

#4884 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

I need some help from one of my fellow BSD fans. Would someone mind snapping a photo of the back drop target, both up and down, with the playfield propped so I can compare to mine with as much detail or as close as possible? It is the one at the back of the pf or bottom left if it is propped. I am still trying to get mine working properly and it would help a great deal. Thanks in advance!

Up and down from top and bottom Hope these can help.

20171115_172412 (resized).jpg20171115_172412 (resized).jpg

20171115_172656 (resized).jpg20171115_172656 (resized).jpg

20171115_172341 (resized).jpg20171115_172341 (resized).jpg

20171115_172636 (resized).jpg20171115_172636 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#4910 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I picked up a players BSD and decided to restore it. I bought new ramps and plastics. I noticed that the game was missing plastics and i think I figured out were most go but if anyone has any shop out pictures let me know. A couple of questions as I go through the teardown..
is this diverter installed on the game correctly (see pic) ? It looks like it is to high on the ramp? Can someone supply a pick from their game?
Also does anyone know the size of the e-camp that holds the movable ramp next to the coffin?
Thanks

Just how it is on Drac (photo angle makes mine look lower [taken with the glass on], but it's the same as yours):

20171125_205047 (resized).jpg20171125_205047 (resized).jpg

#4916 6 years ago

For those still interested, I took $5 off the 3 piece Ruins set and 2 piece Tomb/skull set for Cyber Monday today : https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01377-interactive-castle-bram-stoker-s-dracula-bsd-switch-covers

20171113_221026 (resized).jpg20171113_221026 (resized).jpg

BSD Ruinss (resized).jpgBSD Ruinss (resized).jpg

1 month later
#4988 6 years ago

For those with the Brock coffin mod that were interested in the switch covers (Ruins/LED Castle), I updated my thread and sale page today to offer a new version that will fit with some leeway for variations in fitment (thanks again to jazzmaster for help with test-fitting and photos).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-interactive-led-stained-glass-castle-switch-covers-mod-thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01377-interactive-castle-bram-stoker-s-dracula-bsd-switch-covers

Brock FIT (resized).jpgBrock FIT (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5023 6 years ago

I coincidentally had the same issues after installing LEDs in my machine. It started out as intermittent mist issues and shooting out two balls (sometimes everything would work fine), but eventually mist wouldn't work at all. Tried replacing the opto board with no benefit, tried blocking and pulling LEDs to no avail, but replacing the receiver opto on the the left fixed all of my issues. Worth a shot if other troubleshooting fails. In test, I could see the transmitter opto working fine, but the receiver gave wonky results when trying to trigger with a remote control (during the mist/magnet test).

2 months later
#5151 6 years ago
Quoted from PhillyBilly:

Having inconsistent ball launches again. Seems to rattle when it drops downs from the launch trail right at the video lights. Also its doesn’t happen often but it’ll drain my multiballs and I’m back down to one ball and end my game. Any thoughts?

An issue with the mist optos or opto board can potentially be a cause for ending multiball early, or an issue with the ball trough (not sure if this comes up at times with the castle lock opto or not as well). Do you ever have issue with the mist function? You may be able to test it by turning the mist/magnet feature off and see if it stops having that issue, or do a switch test for the trough.

Also, if the game ever spits out two balls without multiball, the arm sometimes needs to be adjusted for the shooter lane VUK.

On my game, it was the left/receiver opto that went bad and ended multiballs early (and did so gradually/intermittently for a long time before completely failing).

2 months later
#5274 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRush72:

Only issue i've had is 25% of the time the plunge hits the top plastic ramp and then dribbles up the area and it messes the skill shot up. Still kinda new to the hobby, any help greatly appreciated.

Are you missing the clear plastic in the attached picture? (looks like it's missing in your photo). Likely the answer. Someone on Etsy sells replacements.

BSD (resized).jpgBSD (resized).jpg

#5284 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Who? And do they have the replacement for the one near the coffin ramp entry too?

Yes, both come together. Link below:

3 months later
#5645 5 years ago

Agreed. LED looks the best in Dracula IMO. I thought it would be the same for my Dredd, but I wish I went LCD on that one. Generally I prefer the LCD, but BSD really works well with LED and looks odd to me with the LCD high-res setting.

2 weeks later
#5697 5 years ago
Quoted from Spinape:

I still have the red dot DMD in there. Most of you would likely recommend the colour dmd or lcd I’m guessing?

You'd think a blood-red display makes sense for BSD, but the color is a huge upgrade

3 weeks later
#5844 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

Wow, that is beautiful! Best of luck, I hope you sell a million of 'em. If I hadn't just scored one of Pinball Customs' mods, I'd be all over this one!
Still has Ron Jeremy, though...

Thank you!

And yes it does, but I may be of the minority that likes it for the most part (detail could be better for sure). With the smoked dome, my mind fills in the rest as being better than it is

I had a request to make torches that work with my mod, so I'm in the midst of that.
Here's a work in progress video clip (still need to make the handles).

1 week later
#5882 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Just got mine in the mail yesterday, looks great, can't wait to install it!

Excellent news Thank you. If you do happen to post any pics once your project is complete, I'll be looking forward to them

#5886 5 years ago

While addressing some cold solder on the castle optos, I finally decided I couldn't look at the factory village/castle coloring anymore.

I'll post some pics when they're installed (hopefully later today).
20181105_132436 (resized).jpg20181105_132436 (resized).jpg

#5888 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Joe...leg bolts and coin door carriages match now.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You get an upvote, but I'm with Joe on the trim

#5891 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

No Medi!! Don’t join that club!! Haha. Game will look better once I have some of your mods in there.

May just go with black legs one day to spruce it up And heck, I need to get around to putting production versions of my mods in my own game, haha (now they look particularly dull next to the painted village/castle, but the production paint-job would match). Guess the graveyard also stands out as being dull now (may hide a light behind the LED castle [pointed at the graveyard] when I pull everything to re-paint).

And again, no rush at all on those mods--I'll be keeping myself busy one way or another

Eventually I want to add some green under-cab lighting to activate with the mist (I currently have strips behind the back-box that tie in with the rear lightning/Dracula flashers--really enhances the lightning effect).

Here's several installed pics. Hopefully they add to the pool of inspiration for those that also decide to tackle these themselves. One option I believe I only saw one other time in the thread, is painting that strip at the bottom of the village in stone color, as that's what's present in the sculpt (ties the stone portion in a bit better IMO). Though admittedly, with that wire-form in the way, you'd have to be looking for that detail anyway

Note: For those with a keen eye, yes, I'm aware I need to fix that broken/loose rubber near the mist ball gate
20181105_220340 (resized).jpg20181105_220340 (resized).jpg20181105_220441 (resized).jpg20181105_220441 (resized).jpg20181105_220502 (resized).jpg20181105_220502 (resized).jpg20181105_223216 (resized).jpg20181105_223216 (resized).jpg20181105_223341 (resized).jpg20181105_223341 (resized).jpg20181105_223421 (resized).jpg20181105_223421 (resized).jpg20181105_223453 (resized).jpg20181105_223453 (resized).jpg

#5894 5 years ago
Quoted from Mister_Swede:

WHO MADE THIS veryyyyyyyyyyyyy nice

Thank you! Presuming you mean the paint on the factory village/castle, I painted them myself.

Otherwise, I believe you're already familiar with my mods (the coffin set/torches are more recent additions to my BSD mods).

#5916 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Can someone tell me what height posts go here?
[quoted image][quoted image]

The long one is ~82mm (~3.23") and the short one is ~28mm (~1.1"). Measured while in the machine, so likely a bit wonky (think there's a small gap at the bottom of my short one for example), but 3 1/4" and 1" may be what that translates to for post length. Hope that helps

EDIT: There's also a thin washer at the bottom of my short post (I don't see one on yours, and I'm not sure what's factory). There is no washer on my longer post. This would make the overall height of my short post about 1-1.5 or so mm higher (I initially measured from on top of the washer).

1 week later
#5966 5 years ago

Running a sale until Sunday night on all of my BSD mods Thanks again to all of those that have purchased the switch covers over the last year (by far my #1 selling mod).

Switch covers: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01377-interactive-castle-bram-stoker-s-dracula-bsd-switch-covers

Headstone/coffin/torch mods: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02013-bsd-fanged-coffin-casket-and-headstone-mod-replacement

2 months later
#6134 5 years ago
Quoted from Trident:

Got my weekend project in from Medisinyl today and I have say the pictures from his for sale post do not do his product justice. After seeing them in person I’m extremely satisfied and can’t wait to install them. Will post more pics when installed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Trident:

Got coffin and tombstone installed took about 5- 10 minutes beautiful mod thanks Medisinyl!

Awesome! I really appreciate the chance to see them installed in your game and the positive feedback (nice to see them with blue lights for the first time).

#6150 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Please put the originals back on. That looks terrible. Looks like you used a crayon to make them. its a nice idea though.

As a standalone, I like the art style a lot (almost like antique stained glass). Doesn't look anything like crayon. I do agree on the color clash though, and at a minimum, the green mist color should match the playfield (though perhaps that's explained in Trident's post above).

That said, I do prefer ball visibility in that area, but know a lot of people like the prototype plastics too (used to think I wanted them until I experienced them on location).

2 months later
#6276 5 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

So I played already a little on my new BSD. Love it so far. Anyone else ever had a problem that balls going into the mystery hole get kicked out that hard that they somehow manage to get bounced up right beside the left slingshot and manage to drain sometimes?

Not an issue I've had on BSD, but I've had similar happen on another game and the fix was simply adjusting the habitrail to be better centered on the inlane.

Quoted from Trident:

First print on the translite red needs to be adjusted and a little more blue where the purple is but over all I think it looks good and it gives me something to switch out every now and then.. My boards are getting rebuilt or I would turn it on. Pay no attention to the chrome on the head a previous owner did it and I haven’t got around to removing it.

This definitely looks better than the factory translite IMO (better than the other options I've seen as well), but I expect I wouldn't want to sacrifice the interactivity that lines up with the factory translite.

1 month later
#6325 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Not mine, don't know the seller, but seems like a good deal for a nice BSD in Atlanta. ebay.com link » 1993 Williams Bram Stokers Dracula Pinball Machine

Looks to be a great deal indeed. Includes a Pinsound board (usually about $400?) and has new optos/opto board. I Imagine it won't last long at all (sort of thing that would have been gone in minutes if posted on FL's Village BBS [eBay is never on my radar with how pricing there usually is]).

1 month later
#6463 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Am I the only one that actually likes the original translite?

While I thought it looked a bit off or cheesy when I first got into the hobby, it grew on me after owning the game and watching the film, and I prefer it over the alternates I've seen thus far. Looking forward to what CPR does with a mirrored version.

1 month later
#6704 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I completely sized this for the center of the apron (no sticker on mine after re-paint) but I suppose that there are a few ideas for additional placement and the scale seems to work! The red silhouette of the head under the start button is not centered so that doesn't really work but just showing a pic of it.
Heading out to see if I can find a proper quick set sculpt material that can be used to add a few small teeth as mine won't cast from the mold, they are too tiny to cast. Bummer but not critical.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool!

For the teeth, if you haven't tried it already, when pouring the resin, if you fill it partially to cover those teeth that are getting bubbles, you may find success by angling the mold around a bit to get the air out of there before pouring the rest of the resin.

1 month later
#6896 4 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Very happy with my "blood" red trim colour to match my new high resolution decals.
I left the coin door black as a contrast and I think the door in red would have been too much.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm digging these decals, but is the image off due to the way these are produced, or installation? It's also missing a chunk of the art at the bottom of the cabinet. I borrowed this image from the gallery, but factory games all have the decals lined up as one image with the extra artwork at the bottom.

Awaiting the CPR backglass, and may decide to overhaul these other aspects afterward (BSD currently in a line-up, but will be on its own when GB leaves). These decals seem to be a good candidate if they can be installed with the factory alignment and artwork.

bsdd (resized).jpgbsdd (resized).jpg
#6912 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

looks like CPR just put up the BSD Backglass with Custom Mirroring....
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/bsd-glass/

And purchased The SoF glass was a huge upgrade IMO, and my BSD has had a burn hole on Dracs face that I'm glad I'll finally remedy.
bsdcpr (resized).jpgbsdcpr (resized).jpg

bsdglassmirror (resized).jpgbsdglassmirror (resized).jpgbsdglass3 (resized).jpgbsdglass3 (resized).jpg
#6914 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

When you get this installed can you provide a pic? I really like this, although my translite is in great shape.

Will do

1 month later
#7032 4 years ago

Had a row out that was causing the shooter lane switch to not register, bats to start on their own (castle optos), coffin ramp issues, etc. (everything associated with that row) Was intermittent for awhile, but ultimately stopped working completely.

Was able to seemingly isolate the issue to the MPU board by pulling connectors and getting the same result at the pins (didn't see cold solder or connection problems at the time and reconnected everything with no additional issue).

Last night I replaced the U20 chip to see if it would change anything (no other changes other than this swap [didn't lift the playfield between, etc.])... blew F104 and F105 and the DMD wasn't showing anything. Replaced fuses and checked all the connectors. Turned the game on again (mistake) and it immediately popped off. No blown fuses I can see, but now the game is stone dead. No response at all from the power switch, no lights on the boards.

Driver board is Rottendog as well as the DMD. Other boards likely original.

Figured I'd ask here for a head start if there are any ideas.

Seems crazy to just replace that chip and kill the machine

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

#7034 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Did you check to see if you blew the line fuse? Are you getting line voltage to the Driver board? Did you test F113, the 5v logic fuse?
Varistor on line in blown?[quoted image]

Currently away until Sunday night, but thank you for some direction for when I get back.

Didn't have much time to troubleshoot, so I only checked what was visible at the boards and under the playfield and couldn't see anything obvious.

Will do some proper tests this week.

Thank you!

7 months later
#7389 3 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Is anyone aware of a BSD red cabinet manufacturer option? Talking to someone trying to sell their pin which they say has an all red cabinet!? Haven’t seen pics as of yet...

It's common for the red to be faded on BSD--I expect they're just saying their game isn't faded anywhere.

10 months later
#8014 2 years ago

The torch and bat/stake handle files for the coffin set are now free to download on Thingiverse (these were discontinued earlier on, and some had requested the files):
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4857211

The main BSD files won't be released.

I believe I've satisfied everyone that was on the waitlists (if incorrect, let me know and I'll offer precedence if possible).

I have one ruins set, and 4 coffin sets remaining from the final runs (these are out of production and won't be made again). If interested, the ruins set is $103.99 shipped domestic, and the coffin set is $115 shipped domestic (if both are purchased, shipping will be reduced by $7.99). If international, PM for a quote.

Thanks again to everyone that supported these mods over the years.

EDIT: One coffin set remaining (ruins have been claimed).

20210516_232933 (resized).jpg20210516_232933 (resized).jpg

BSD cof8 (resized).jpgBSD cof8 (resized).jpg

Added over 3 years ago:

EDIT 2: These have now all been sold.

#8018 2 years ago
Quoted from Zee:Do the flashers inside the coffin show through the sides at all (like the original)? That replacement coffin looks fantastic but quite opaque.

While I hadn't noticed it on the original, only the marble version of the coffin mod allows light to pass through.

#8022 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

200% get the coffin above..amazing work.medisinyl.
You are my all-time fave mod dude![quoted image][quoted image]

I appreciate the glowing feedback. I'll try to live up to it

And you've got my "all-time fave" BSD

EDIT: All BSD mods have now been claimed.

3 months later
#8328 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I have those too! They look great with flickering fire bulbs. But they don’t fit as well on the Medisinyl cover, so I went back to simply blue LEDs. I’ll prob change it back someday!

For anyone with the mods that may not have noticed, I uploaded the torches I made for my headstone design to Thingiverse to freely download (as well as the casket accessories): https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4857211 (the main files won't be released, and the BSD mods are indeed permanently discontinued--sorry to disappoint those hoping otherwise).

Early video test of the fire effect without handles:

fdfghfdgh (resized).jpgfdfghfdgh (resized).jpg

8 months later
#9160 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Anyone know why these aren't being made anymore? I am certain if a run was done it'd sell - I'd buy them

Quoted from hAbO:

Medisinyl stated that most of his mods are limited. Once he sells so many that’s it. You’d have to ask him how firm that is. I like the mod and would get a set if available.

I appreciate the interest in the set, but they are indeed permanently discontinued.

The only mods that have had a hard # cap have been the AMH set and 40th anniversary Elvira set, and to a lesser extent, the TMNT mods were discontinued before demand was reasonably satisfied, out of necessity, though eventually most mods have had about 3 years of availability before being discontinued, and that will always be the case.

When I discontinued the BSD mods (~Feb. 2021), I discontinued a lot of mods, as my backlog got to be up to 6 months--it was a difficult situation to have my hands tied to production so long with no ability to design new stuff and have a creative release. Felt like an insurmountable wall, and it continued to grow. After ~2.5 years, I've finally caught up with the Elvira demand this month.

I gave in to hiring help at this time as well to buy the time to make the AMH set (a friend, and former art teacher that can be seen in the video below ).

After this point, the cost of help on BSD sets exceeded what I was charging, but I did make final run calls to give a reasonable close to them.

My stance has always been to stick to my word on discontinued mods, and this helps me move forward with new creations and streamline existing ones (also many have relied on the stance, and I don't intend to set a precedent against it).

However, while I still like the coffin set I made, I look at the BSD castle set as a weak effort that doesn't live up to what I've done since. It was the best I knew how to do in 2017, but I cringe at it now (particularly the LED version that is geometrically poor IMO, though still the one I use).

Not impossible that one day I will do something different for BSD, or some sort of V2 re-imagining. It deserves better, but there's a lot of games I'd like to get to.

Quoted from roffels:

Dracula is hard enough, wouldn't obstructing sight lines to the ball make it even harder?

The set was designed with reasonable visibility in mind, and also to not obscure the backboard skill-shot lighting. It doesn't block any sight lines for shots (with the ruins version blocking next to nothing from player perspective). Though I personally like when the ball disappears into some structures.

Back then, I also accepted requests, and this set was a request to cover the visible switches.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My current focus is shifted to Stranger Things, which will be fully revealed by the end of June:

6 months later
#9624 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I need that damn Elisabeta switch cover!!!!

Quoted from Pinkitten:

Talk to Medisinyl. I believe he made those. Mine came with that and the extra castle walls with the stained glass window. I bought his coffin mod too. I’ve only installed the headstone so far. “You only moved the headstone!!!”
[quoted image]

Quoted from allsportdvd:

I don’t think the switch covers are available but I’d also love a set of someone makes a run

They were indeed permanently discontinued.

As noted before, there's some chance I'll revisit BSD one day with a different/better set, but that wouldn't be for a long time if it does happen.

Still one of my favorite games, and it deserves better than that early effort.

1 week later
#9675 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

cover

Do you plan on re-issuing this set of mods?

No plan to re-issue, though some chance I'd create some re-imagining or something completely new in the future, but as you may know, my hands have been tied to long production periods (currently STh), and some ideas have been on the backburner for several years. No telling when/if I'll find the time to get back to BSD, but my game won't be going anywhere, and hopefully it can come together eventually.

#9680 1 year ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

I've ended up creating my own switch covers since Medisinyl has discontinued his. My first prints aren't great, but I've learned enough that my next try should work. The unfortunate part for me is I can't paint any better than a kindergartner so they will be solid colors. These prints are out of "Rock" PLA, but I'm going to try castle limestone next.
ROCK PLA: amazon.com link »
Limestone Grey PLA: amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

While early versions of the piece I made had the "z," (mixed information online at the time) I was informed the correct spelling is "Elisabeta," and later versions were changed accordingly.

You may also want to consider the surrounding geometry for a better fit. While my version isn't great overall on details, the grass portion did take the ramp shape into account to look more designed into the game.

3 weeks later
#9795 1 year ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

LCD or LED doesn’t matter. What does matter is the only time you really look at the colorDMD, video mode.
Seeing those blood thirsty hounds from hell, in full colour, sharp bloody teeth running straight at you!
Worth every penny every time.

I believe LED is the way to go on BSD. The flickering lights in some scenes with the brightness variance helps maintain creepiness and pops more than LCD. The LCD is more dull (less dynamic) in that regard IMO (though of course I prefer LCD on games that the hi res feature looks good on).

While irrelevant to BSD, I also think LED is the way to go on any game with movie clips (Iron Man, Transformers, etc.), and even GB (again, the brightness dynamics help there, especially on Storage Facility MB).

Many colors are more vibrant on the LED as well.

1 month later
2 months later
#10164 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

According to his description every time he flips it moves up. His crank is loose. Time to get it back in position and tighten the pawl nut.
LTG : )

Quoted from LeeChaolan:

Sorry for double post.
I went to the tool box and got something a little stronger and a better angle. The other flipper was clearly tighter than I had it so I tightened it to match and now no more sticking. You guys are the best. Love the powerful pop it has after the rebuild looking forward to starting the other.

Praise the Lloyd

1 month later
#10269 10 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Umm... that blows meds mods out of the water... Where the heck can I find this??

Indeed. "meds" BSD mods are weak. I've been saying this for years

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=Medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.