P1000806 (resized).JPG
to use (resized).jpg
to use 2 (resized).jpg
to use 3 (resized).jpg
to use 4 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_155433778 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240225_154712067 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (10 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MagicMako.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#380 10 years ago

Hey guys, anyone ever have the castle hallway animation show up after you launch the ball? (the animation that shows when you shoot the left ramp). My game has been showing this animation off the launch during the skill shot, the 3 heads are there to start, but it changes to the hallway after pushing the launch ball button, and im pretty positive it should just be showing the 3 gargoyle heads until the drop target or a switch is hit, anyone ever have this happen before?

Also, sometimes my ball ends when i only have 2 balls left during a multiball and one of them drains and the ball ends prematurely, im pretty sure this has something to do with the ball not stopping in the proper position in the trough but im not sure, anyone encounter this before and fix it?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
10 months later
#1599 9 years ago

Hey guys, i've been trying to pin down what i believe is a long opto problem on my machine. Im getting a lot of premature ends to balls during mist or mist+other mball, as in once I drain out of mball the ball just ends with one ball still left on the playfield.

Also, the mist gates pop open when a ball hovers through the middle of the playfield after I have already started mist mball.

The motor will also kick on sometimes while im in multiball,

from everything im reading these symptoms seem to be an issue with the switch 82, the long range opto, i found these 2 threads that would appear to have similar problems

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-weird-things-happening-or-not

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-mist-question

but no real great answers, most people seem to buy the replacement 24-opto board, but im wondering if there's anything I should try before buying the new board?

I was getting a "lamp interference" error during the magnet test during opto check 1, I have some blue frosted LEDs in the GI of the lower playfield, i removed 1 bulb that is under the right opto and now the magnet test runs clean but I am still getting balls that end prematurely. Should I try putting all the normal lights back in the GI?

#1621 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

If you're not still getting the lamp interference in test, it should be fine. I have all LED GI in mine. Which gate is opening during play, the left or right? Make sure you're checking the left pocket optos, too. Also, make sure all your trough switches are ok, and you have the "reverse flow" gate in the trough (or whatever you want to call it).

Quoted from mcclad:

I was having the same problem and it was the switch in the ball trough for the first ball in the trough.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The right gate is the one that opens most of the time and then I often here the motor running again while mist mball is active, the left gate opens sometimes too but its almost always the right gate, the left pocket opto tests fine, reverse flow gate is there, i did find that the Trough Ball 1 switch would stay closed on occasion which, to my excitement, i thought maybe was the problem. But to my disappointment, i then fired up a game and sure enough i started mist on ball 3, drained one of the balls, and then it gave me a game over.

I have found that the long opto switch, ("ball on magnet", #82), is extremely flaky in test, i wave my hand through the middle of the playfield and the switch opens, but after removing my hand the switch stays open, it will close if i give the playfield a slap. I have checked the receiver and transmitter with a tv remote and camera and they are testing fine there. I am going to assume I either have an alignment problem or some kind of power/voltage problem? I checked the opto board and it looks clean with the L1 inductor intact.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Or does anyone have experience aligning the optos? That pinballrehab.com describes it like this "It can be adjusted by loosening the three screws holding it in place and sliding the white case towards the front of the game." So i think this is what i will try next.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MagicMako.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=MagicMako and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.