IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg
20240314_090424 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (10 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ImNotNorm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9539 1 year ago

Will be joining the club in the next few weeks.

Looking forward to developing some Stockholm syndrome as a side effect of ownership.

#9546 1 year ago

Thinking down the road in terms of my BSD ownership and looking at repro playfields. Specifically Mirco because I don't think there are any other reproductions for purchase elsewhere.

Just wondering if some BSD owners can help me out with some knowledge or first hand experience from Mirco or other repros that may be available. (Assuming NOS is extinct)

Thanks

#9551 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Just put a Mirco in mine a few months back. Beautiful playfield. Glassy smooth. All major holes were of course correct and the dimples were pretty close. Only hiccup I recall was having to use a dremel tool to "deepen" a recessed area on the topside where the long range optos mount. I think that's where it was.... I'm very happy with the quality.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Zee:

I hope your topcoat does not peel away on that Mirco.

Quoted from mbaumle:

My anecdotal experience: My TZ and AFM both have Mirco playfields in them. I do not baby my games. They get played A LOT. They all look as good today as the day they were swapped out. Zero chipping, peeling, or pooling. I like his product…
Aside, BSD is an unusually well built game for the era, ImNotNorm. Where games use painted wooden rails, BSD uses metal. Scoops, ramps, and kicker welds seem to hold up all really well. Just keep an eye out for problems with that long beam opto, and you’ll be fine.

I'm not trying to start a Mirco shit fest here or anything.

The only reason I ask is because of threads I've read on pinside and complaints from some of his customers, etc. Just trying to guage the odds of getting a bad one on a BSD.

Additionally, my BSD has some light planking and that's why I'm asking about a repro or NOS playfield replacement for down the road. (I have new ramps on mine)

I purchased is because it's a tough pin and should keep my competitive wife entertained and frustrated for years to come. It'll only help harness her skills for tournaments and competitions that she loves to participate in. She's very competitive.

So I figured, buy the repro replacement and let it sit for a few years. Play the crap out of this one til it's time for a restoration.

Knowing it's brutal reputation it'll prolly stay bolted to the floor in my game room for a long time.

#9571 1 year ago

Are there any mods that can be suggested for BSD? Not tacky trinkets or action figure type mods.

I'm thinking color DMD, invisiglass and drac mod to replace the Ron Jeremy. But apparently the drac mod is unobtanium.

I saw some torches for the coffin that looked neat. (Mezelmods)

Would appreciate any input.

#9577 1 year ago

Thanks for the replies folks.

Quoted from November:

Look at my coffin mod

Where did you get this mod? It's awesome!

#9580 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

There is a business opportunity for you; every BSD owner will want one. I am not big on mods but yours is tastefully done and functional...would love to have it in my machine.

I would buy one in a heartbeat! (no pun intended)

#9583 1 year ago
Quoted from November:

For those who are interested in, please show your interest here :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-nov-dracula-coffin-mod-with-a-rising-bat-creature-inside-
Need to centralize there to make a list.
Thanks !

I signed up in the thread. Thanks for doing this!

1 week later
#9634 1 year ago

It's home!!

20221204_140628.jpg20221204_140628.jpg
#9652 1 year ago

Finally got BSD in the basement gameroom today. Really digging the sounds and game play.

Just need to replace Ron Jeremy & get a color dmd.

20221208_180237.jpg20221208_180237.jpg

#9653 1 year ago

Just wondering if someone can answer something for me?

When you turn off the machine....Does the mistball release and the roll down the playfield into the trough upon powering down?

Or does it get released and rolls down into the trough on powering up the next game? (Meaning the ball remains in the mist spot when the machine is off until you turn it on)

#9656 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Doesn't release when you turn off game.
BTW you have a credit dot.

Thanks. I'm trying to diagnose it. Hence the question I posed.

The mist multi-ball and magnet works fine during the game. So I'm at a loss as to why I'm getting that error message on startup (and subsequent credit dot).

Quoted from mbaumle:

The only time balls are “reset” upon power up is if one or more balls are locked in the castle lock. In this case, all balls, including mist, are let go and reset.
Otherwise, upon power up, the ball locked for mist stays locked. It doesn’t drop out.

That's what I am getting on mine. Thanks.

Not sure about the error message though.

20221210_151156.jpg20221210_151156.jpg
#9657 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

The only time balls are “reset” upon power up is if one or more balls are locked in the castle lock. In this case, all balls, including mist, are let go and reset.
Otherwise, upon power up, the ball locked for mist stays locked. It doesn’t drop out.

If I open the coin door during attract mode, fiddle around with the menu and then exit the menu the mistball on the right side of the playfield releases. Once it lands in the trough another ball gets cycled back up to the mist spot from the shooter lane.

I assume this is also normal?

#9659 1 year ago

Thanks Gord!

From what I can gather my mist is working fine. (Minus the error message that I can't figure out for some reason)

#9661 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Thanks Gord!
From what I can gather my mist is working fine. (Minus the error message that I can't figure out for some reason)

Perused this thread a bit more and did a factory reset. The credit dot is gone and the error message no longer appears on startup or at all.

Just one last question....

If the ball is in the left mist slot of the playfield when a game finishes....is the magnet supposed to run to the left side and grab it out of the left slot and then drop it midway so it falls into the trough?

I ask because it just did this to me after the game ended.

Sorry for all the pestering questions. Thanks folks.

#9664 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

It should only do that if there is a ball in the castle lock lane upon startup of your BSD.
Gord

Yea it's acting up then.

Thanks for all the responses guys!

#9667 1 year ago

On the left side of the magnet mechanism under the playfield, there's a pressure switch that the magnet assembly pushes when it gets all the way left. This tells the motor to stop spinning and stops the cart. My pressure switch was loose, and it caused a "magnet unload" error and other mist function issues. Once I tightened and adjusted that switch, everything worked like a charm. Maybe have a look at that. May help, May not.

Will check that out. Much appreciated!!

#9684 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I’ll pay $250 right now to anyone willing to sell me mezels BSD mods.. grave headstones.. castle wall that goes over the left loop.
$500 for the discontinued coffin mod.
Someone needs some extra spending cash for the holdays I’m sure

Not sure if you've seen this or not. You may be interested in signing up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-nov-dracula-coffin-mod-with-a-rising-bat-creature-inside-

1 week later
#9720 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

What’s a good score? Been playing a couple days, just threw down 2.6 billion. GC on game is 5 bil so still have a ways to go…

Wish I could get that. Lol

My PB is 420 million.

#9727 1 year ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

A question to all......since you've had your BSD....how many offers have you received?
I myself have had 3 offers with a $ amount mentioned and I've had about 2 or 3 "if you ever decide to sell it, let me know."

I had two offers come in right after I made my BSD deal. The game wasn't even in my hands and people were offering me what I just paid + a couple hundred $ extra.

Coulda made a quick no touch flip profit. But didn't. No regrets.

#9737 1 year ago

Can anyone take a picture of their slider assembly in the cabinet for me? It would be greatly appreciated.

#9739 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

Years ago I posted this series of photos about the pivot latch & slider, maybe it has what you are looking for:
https://www.videoengine.com/pins/tz/tzpix/pix12.htm

That is exactly what I need. Thank you so much!

#9750 1 year ago

Looking for a playfield slider assembly for the right side of the playfield/cabinet. If anyone has a lead on one or know where I can buy one could you let me know? Thanks

image_21010_1_600x600@2x.jpg[email protected]
1 week later
#9781 1 year ago

I need one of those. Maybe I'll buy one as an Xmas gift for the wife this year.

#9800 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Thanks Brother from across the world! Morpheus
[quoted image][quoted image]

Got mine installed yesterday. Looks great and easily worth it.

#9839 1 year ago

Mentioned this Pinside discussion to the wife because we have lightning flippers on our BSD.

Her response verbatim, "I don't care what they say, leave them on."

Lol

#9855 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

OK thanks for the tips everyone! New sleeve and spring ordered. This'll be a first for me but hopefully it's pretty straightforward?
Trying to find the actual part that makes contact with the ball -- the one you mentioned comparing to part suppliers etc. Which one would that be on here?
Thanks again! Really appreciate the community here.
G
[quoted image][quoted image]

You got this!!

4 weeks later
#9919 1 year ago

Add me to the list too please. Looks awesome!!

1 month later
#9995 1 year ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

For the ones that were interested I’ve now posted an add for the coffin mod. Bare with me tho as the stripe payment thing on here is all new to me

I'm in! Looks great!

Just say when you're ready to take my money

#9997 1 year ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

For the ones that were interested I’ve now posted an add for the coffin mod. Bare with me tho as the stripe payment thing on here is all new to me

Do you take PayPal?

#10000 1 year ago
Quoted from RudeDogg1:

Yes I prefer it to this stripe nonsense

OK I will PM you. Thanks.

4 weeks later
#10087 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohm:

So I've put off going to a color DMD because of costs. ColorDMD and clear speaker panel are $600+.
However, reading through that Pin2DMD thread Retro City sells the same size for $240. So all in is less than $400?
Am I missing something here? Is ColorDMD better quality, higher resolution or is Pin2 just a great deal?
Also, what are my options for clear speaker panel? I was just going to but one from Lighted Pinball Mods on Pinside, not sure if I like the one on CPR. Need to see it on a machine.

I've had both. Stay away from pin2DMD unless you like constantly tinkering. Planning on getting a ColorDMD for my BSD sometime this year.

Color DMD all the way! Just set it and forget it!

#10089 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohm:

My buddy converts all his DMD games to ColorDMD and has little to no trouble with them, but has no experience with Pin2. What do you have to keep tinkering with?

Pm sent

#10104 1 year ago

Big thank you RudeDogg1 for the mod! Looks bitchin'!!

20230419_125742.jpg20230419_125742.jpg20230419_125757.jpg20230419_125757.jpg

1 month later
#10281 10 months ago
Quoted from Cariba:

Welcome to MY home, My friend.
Got my BSD in.
BUT would like to ask some newb questions please:
1) I'm really struggling to swinging and setting the PF up. I know this is a pull, latch and swing up system (spring and latch) but I am really struggling with it. I was able to do it ONCE, but haven't been able to after that....
I pull on it and cant seem to get the latch/click. I've tried various angles when pulling out, but cant get the click and something doesn't let me tilt the PF back. I've looked underneath and I think I understand what is suppose to happen....but I can't seem to be able to pull the PF forward enough for the pins on side of cabinet to get to back of latching bracket. something stops it. The latching/click should be happening when I pull forward correct?
Is there something I am doing wrong? could there be something wrong with my latches? One of the brackets looks like its a slightly different angle than the other.
Can anyone explain how this system works, whey is there TWO pins (on each side)? I understand the one set.
(I can post pics of my latches etc)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

For #1 check out this link from @Zee. Helped me out.

https://www.videoengine.com/pins/tz/tzpix/pix12.htm

#10283 10 months ago
Quoted from Cariba:

Thanks for that...confirms how I thought I should work...but; so u dont hear a click as u pull out the pf before u swing it up?

You should hear a click that locks it into place before lifting the playfield up.

#10286 10 months ago
Quoted from Cariba:

But according to that link...the click would likely be when it gets locked and when u start moving it up and it's already been pulled out as far as it can go....as apposed to click sound when uve pulled it out...maybe it's combination out outward movement and angle up that causes the click into position.

Yea that sounds accurate.

2 weeks later
#10388 9 months ago
Quoted from Cariba:

and anyone have the 3-D printed tombstone cover for sale (perhaps from doing a crate coffin mod upgrade)?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have one I can sell you. Send me a PM if you're still in need.

1 week later
#10410 9 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Just joined the club so please be patient with my line of idiot questioning.
Anyone know if the stupid prototype sling plastics are available anywhere? Only sources I have found are a site that doesn't ship to the US; ebay sell is asking close to $100.[quoted image]

You want the whole plastic set?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1744

#10412 9 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

None of my other plastics are broken and that's a heft price for a set I'm not needing :/

Whats the site you found them at that doesn't ship to the US?

I just found this. Not sure about their US shipping policies.

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/dracula-bram-stoker-slingshot-covers.html

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/plastics/3909/extra-prototype-slingshot-plastics-forbram-stroker-s-dracula

#10414 9 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Thanks so much! Ministry offered US shipping, the 2nd link did not.

I was actually curious how many BSD owners actually have those enlarged sling plastics installed on their pins.

Seems like they would hide the ball during game play.

1 month later
#10510 7 months ago
Quoted from DK:

Whats my Drac worth?

10 of these.

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

2 weeks later
#10565 7 months ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi all, I'm getting ready to print a new Bram Stoker's Dracula alternate Translite and Backglass.
Here is a sketch of my design.
(This is a rough sketch - some items have been chaned in the final artwork).
For licensing reasons, I designed this based on the characters in the book, and not the movie (big fan of the movie, but the book always stuck with me).
This will be officially licensed through Williams.
If you'd like to sign up to be notified when this drops (in October), please sign up here:
https://www.flyland-arcade.com
THANK YOU for all the support of my alternate pinball artwork over the years.
[quoted image]

That looks bitchin'!

1 month later
#10699 5 months ago

Where's the best place to buy the upgraded clear speaker panel needed for a Color DMD?

#10703 5 months ago

Thanks gents!

#10706 5 months ago

Next question...

Where is the best place to get cabinet decals? (Retro refurbs?)

Thanks.

#10708 5 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

What style are you looking for ? I’ve heard from a good source that the RR are very thin.

Original look or maybe the bloody coffin?

#10710 5 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

If you do the original, there’s a guy who sells them on eBay. I purchased the backbox decals from him. No complaints.

Do you have a ebay username? I found a few. One in the US & one in France.

#10713 5 months ago

I know it "triggers" some people, but Rad Cals are awesome.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that a Mirco product?

#10730 5 months ago

Anyone know where I can get some of those sling/inlane plastic coverings?

Ministry of pinball has them, but "due to circumstances" they're online store is down.

Screenshot_20231113_222359_Firefox~2.jpgScreenshot_20231113_222359_Firefox~2.jpgScreenshot_20231113_222449_Firefox.jpgScreenshot_20231113_222449_Firefox.jpg
#10732 5 months ago
Quoted from Zee:

They should pay YOU to put those on your game!

That works for me

#10750 5 months ago

My lowly and lonely rat topper.

Wish I could find a bat of the equivalent size.

20231119_150812.jpg20231119_150812.jpg
4 months later
#11063 28 days ago

Is there a reason CPR hasn't done a BSD repro playfield yet?

Seems like it would be a good candidate for reproduction.

#11065 28 days ago

Mirco makes one, and it's beautiful. I know, he's a jerk, I agree. I know, he's had past issues, but I've installed 2 of his playfields now, and they're perfect. Better quality than the 2 CPRs I've installed in fact.

No thanks.

#11068 28 days ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Spoke to CPR two wks ago and they said they have no plans on doing one.

Well that settles that. Did they say why?

Thanks for the reply.

#11073 28 days ago

Well, that's your decision. I dislike him personally for my own reasons, but the playfields I've seen and used were top notch. Just my worthless 2 cents

I appreciate the input.

I just can't, in good conscious, hand over money to a crook and thief.

#11076 27 days ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

If Mirco has the license, PP is not gonna let CPR make it.

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware licensing could be the reason why they haven't.

3 weeks later
#11122 2 days ago
Quoted from ita47:

Ok I found some video's on YouTube of ColorDMD and PIN2DMD. What do you guys think? PIN2DMD is about 1/2 price of ColorDMD.
ColorDMD -
PIN2DMD -

Had both. Will never use pin2DMD again. ColorDMD all the way.

#11132 37 hours ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I've always used ColorDMDs products and have 5 installed now in my games. They offere 2 types of displays LCD or LED. Easy to install. Update files are easy to find. Support is awesome. I've seen threads with Pin2DMD gripes but never read through what the issues were.

If you like to constantly tinker and deal with colorization and some frames not rendering properly...then pin2DMD is for you.

If you want turnkey installation and 0 problems and 0 tinkering....then colorDMD is for you.

Simple as that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 5.00
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ImNotNorm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=ImNotNorm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.