IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Good-Times.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8633 2 years ago

Looks great Paulie. I really like the treatment on the shooter lane!

2 months later
#8751 2 years ago

Just came here to say I'm about 2 years into the hobby. Currently 5 machines in total but have had 12 throughout that time. Took me a while to work out what I liked and didn't like.

I'm onto my second BSD which is a testament to how good it is. Seems that I love simple rules, but I also get bored quickly. BSD challenges me by whipping my arse like 9 out of 10 games, but that 1 in 10 is just poetry when it all comes together. I just adore this, it's by far my favourite game of all time.

2 weeks later
#8815 2 years ago

Dude, MINT. Nice work, going to be so rewarding when you're done. I bet the first game will be a cracker

3 weeks later
#8866 2 years ago

What's needed is THIRTY.........BSD machines

1 month later
#8984 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Drac all finished, restored sun process; hand drawn decals, custom UV playfield toys, black with fleck powder coat etc etc, nickel plated everything, oh & I just broke the centre ramp [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks mint dude, well done on the resto.

#8986 2 years ago

Ah right. I've heard great things! Love the flipper colour and rubber colour there, never seen that combo before and really suits the playfield nicely.

#9008 2 years ago

When I first saw the game, I was waiting for something to happen with the coffin (other than lighting). Even just the lid flipping open would have satisfied me. This is awesome!

1 week later
#9036 2 years ago

Legend, going to try this! My BSD has the previous mix and it just makes the game. Sometimes I switch back to the original for a laugh and bit of nostalgia, but if you want the immersive experience this is it. Can't wait to try this new one. Thanks.

#9041 2 years ago

Just played the new sound code thanks davebart. Loving it. Seems like even some of the existing ones sound cleaned up, like the chain clang of the left ramp I hear more. Loving the whole thing, and will probably toggle between it and the previous one. Actually I sometimes revert to original just for nostalgia

3 weeks later
#9104 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I also posted this in the cats and pinballs thread, but I figured it's relevant here also. As if BSD isn't difficult enough, I have to deal with this little hellspawn lurking in the shadows, then attacking the balls!
[quoted image][quoted image]

"'Tis a beast!"

1 month later
#9170 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I appreciate the interest in the set, but they are indeed permanently discontinued.
The only mods that have had a hard # cap have been the AMH set and 40th anniversary Elvira set, and to a lesser extent, the TMNT mods were discontinued before demand was reasonably satisfied, out of necessity, though eventually most mods have had about 3 years of availability before being discontinued, and that will always be the case.
When I discontinued the BSD mods (~Feb. 2021), I discontinued a lot of mods, as my backlog got to be up to 6 months--it was a difficult situation to have my hands tied to production so long with no ability to design new stuff and have a creative release. Felt like an insurmountable wall, and it continued to grow. After ~2.5 years, I've finally caught up with the Elvira demand this month.
I gave in to hiring help at this time as well to buy the time to make the AMH set (a friend, and former art teacher that can be seen in the video below ).
After this point, the cost of help on BSD sets exceeded what I was charging, but I did make final run calls to give a reasonable close to them.
My stance has always been to stick to my word on discontinued mods, and this helps me move forward with new creations and streamline existing ones (also many have relied on the stance, and I don't intend to set a precedent against it).
However, while I still like the coffin set I made, I look at the BSD castle set as a weak effort that doesn't live up to what I've done since. It was the best I knew how to do in 2017, but I cringe at it now (particularly the LED version that is geometrically poor IMO, though still the one I use).
Not impossible that one day I will do something different for BSD, or some sort of V2 re-imagining. It deserves better, but there's a lot of games I'd like to get to.

The set was designed with reasonable visibility in mind, and also to not obscure the backboard skill-shot lighting. It doesn't block any sight lines for shots (with the ruins version blocking next to nothing from player perspective). Though I personally like when the ball disappears into some structures.
Back then, I also accepted requests, and this set was a request to cover the visible switches.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current focus is shifted to Stranger Things, which will be fully revealed by the end of June:

Music to my ears - my BSD sits next to my Stranger Things and that preview looks off the charts! Nice one!! Will keep an eye out man, keep up the fantastic work.

3 weeks later
#9213 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Has anyone powdercoated their wire forms in this game?
I’m tossing up whether to do blood red ones or stick with stainless

Don't go red imo. My first BSD had red and it looked ridiculous (imo). Standard chrome is the go I reckon.

IMG_0081 (resized).jpegIMG_0081 (resized).jpegIMG_0087 (resized).jpegIMG_0087 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#9437 1 year ago
Quoted from davebart5:

Here's gameplay footage of The Expanded Mix: Lucy v2.0 for Pinsound users.
Organized a triple stack with a Coffin Jackpot, but an extra ball reward cut short her jackpot scream, and no Castle Jackpots this game, so you'll have to discover that and other creepy things I couldn't get to. There's a lot to hear.
I purposely missed the skill shots to not progress Coffin shots without hearing the chronicling of her affliction from 1.) the attack 2.) Lucy's description of it 3.) Lucy's new weird feelings 4.) Lucy lashing out 5.) Lucy's undeniable dangerous behavior. The opened Coffin locked balls is her walking down the crypt stairs with a baby to feed on.
The Castle Jackpot locked ball sounds are of her seducing Arthur before she gets a cross to the face. You hear one of them just before I lose the ball.
All songs/vocals/sfx are plucked from the actual movie or full music score including tracks used in the background of scenes, not just the official soundtrack. Most songs/sounds have multiple to choose from, so this is just a sample and repeats are likely coincidence.
**PLEASE NOTE**
Anyone who downloaded the mix, there is an error on the 2nd coffin shot vocal Lucy says "My soul, leave my body...", the leave my body part is missing. This is fixed and Pinsound is still approving the update. Here's the Google link if you want it now. I can also provide the updated vocal file and explain how to insert it for those who don't want to re-download everything.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XRoipMWd5gzyfwIv3C7zIWjjdF0ghq3s/view?usp=sharing

So good! Will get onto this soon, love your work mate.

3 months later
#9703 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

What the hell is he saying when he’s screaming and you start mist multiball?

First few months I though he was saying brains, brains, BRAAAIIIIIIINNNNNSSSSSSS!!!!!!

3 months later
#10108 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I've had both. Stay away from pin2DMD unless you like constantly tinkering. Planning on getting a ColorDMD for my BSD sometime this year.
Color DMD all the way! Just set it and forget it!

I've got a Pin2DMD on my BSD and TWD, zero issues and have never had to change a thing. I actually prefer the look to the ColorDMD ones as they're a little more classic in their presentation. And less than half the price....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Good-Times.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=Good-Times and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.