IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Glarrownage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1704 9 years ago

New member here! I finally picked one up but after looking it over this one certainly has some interesting "features" (Ill have to post some pics for you guys). I was wondering if anyone had a set of shop out pictures they would be willing to share with me? I have a feeling some parts may be missing or in the wrong place.

#1706 9 years ago

E-mail received Tom thanks! These club threads show the best of pinside (no drama), thanks guys!

2 weeks later
#1714 9 years ago

After seeing Bryan's BSD I think I have my answer but I'll throw this out there anyway. I'm currently trying to figure out how to finish my BSD. I have a poll up that I'll link below, I'm looking for any and all opinions. The options on the poll are Red Powder Coat, Black Nickel, Chrome, and Other. Any votes and suggestions are appreciated!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-looks-better-on-a-bsd

#1723 9 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

I have been looking for someone to do black nickel. Do you have a source?

I plan on sending all my stuff to Mike Chestnut. He does amazing work!

2 months later
#1968 9 years ago

Hey guys, quick question. What all have you or would you chrome on your BSD aside from the usual lockdown bar, side rails, legs, and wire forms? Any smaller pieces specific to BSD?

#1970 9 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I don't think there's really anything else metal on there other than the bars that lift the two ramps. Maybe the entry ramp itself?

Good call on the entry ramp! I was watching pinballmiked's video on MB and he had chromed a bunch of extras like the metal stand offs, hex posts, etc. But there certainly seems to be less visible metal on BSD than on say MB.

Anything else?

#1986 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Would anyone be interested in this?

Hell yeah!

#2000 9 years ago

Quick question guys, which pivot nut is correct for BSD?

IMG_20140922_185001_063.jpgIMG_20140922_185001_063.jpg

#2002 9 years ago

The parts list, you know I looked at that before posting this question and said "Meh, this won't help". Sigh, its been a long day.

Could you guys tell me which goes where? Long in the back short in the front? I know that is not in the manual, I checked for that.

#2004 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Long ones go in the back and short in the front.

Thanks again Bryan! You have done so much work on my machine I feel like I should be paying you for it.

So, obviously the shorter pivot nuts were on the back, would that be the cause of the slide assembly slipping off? Just trying to understand how this happened:

IMG_20140904_095906_010.jpgIMG_20140904_095906_010.jpg

#2009 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Anyone ? I found everything but the plastic behind the grave marker .someone with a nice one wanna take some pics of it off ? Maybe I can make one im not worried about thee sticker on it . Im sure oalot people could use this piece

Hey Big, my BSD is all torn down right now but I'm sure I can get a pic of that plastic for you. I'm not quite sure which one you are looking for though.

#2011 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its the plastic shroud behind the gravestone with the lights in it.it covers the wires and light sockets

Sorry, this would be way easier if I had my table together. I'm still not sure exactly what your looking for. Could you point out the general area in this pic?

image-8.jpgimage-8.jpg

#2013 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Behind the coffin

Somewhere around here?

IMG_20140824_163002_186.jpgIMG_20140824_163002_186.jpg

#2016 9 years ago

If you need more pics or if you know someone who can cast a mold they can use mine as a template.

IMG_20140923_234603_244.jpgIMG_20140923_234603_244.jpg
IMG_20140923_234618_740.jpgIMG_20140923_234618_740.jpg
IMG_20140923_234640_296.jpgIMG_20140923_234640_296.jpg
IMG_20140923_234653_404.jpgIMG_20140923_234653_404.jpg
IMG_20140923_234705_180.jpgIMG_20140923_234705_180.jpg
IMG_20140923_234711_554.jpgIMG_20140923_234711_554.jpg

1 week later
#2021 9 years ago

Hey guys, I noticed when looking at other peoples pictures, a metal ball guide attached to the left side of the left ramp on my table is different than others. Most other tables have a triangular shaped ball guide (top picture). I seem to have a straight ball guide (bottom picture. Does anyone else have a straight guide on the left side of this ramp or is it just me?

image-8.jpgimage-8.jpg
IMG_20140824_162931_724.jpgIMG_20140824_162931_724.jpg

#2028 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I have two BSD's here and one has the guide with the finger and the other has the straight guide. The finger is there to prevent ball traps. On the one with the straight guide, there should be a couple of plastic posts mounted to the ramp to do the same thing as the finger.

Thanks Bryan, good to know its not just me. I'm going to owe you at least a case of beer when this BSD is all said and done.

Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

I have the triangular one.

Thanks for the pic! It seems like everyone has the triangles.

Quoted from aobrien5:

Is this a wood vs metal side rail thing?

Funny you mention it. I have the metal ones and the next problem I have to figure out is how to fix the damage on the side rail. I'm thinking maybe black powder coat on the whole thing?

IMG_20141001_203551_925.jpgIMG_20141001_203551_925.jpg

#2031 9 years ago

If anyone need pics of any assemblies below the playfield (or anything else for that matter) let me know. Mine is totally torn apart now but most of the assemblies are together.

#2037 9 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

hi glarrownage, can you post some pics of the diverter and up/down ramp assemblies. thanks joe

Hey Joe, no problem. Let me sort through my existing pics and find the proper assemblies and I'll post them for you.

#2038 9 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

hi glarrownage, can you post some pics of the diverter and up/down ramp assemblies. thanks joe

Joe, if this isn't what you were looking for or you wanted a different angle just let me know!

Diverter:
IMG_20141004_201334_625.jpgIMG_20141004_201334_625.jpg
IMG_20141004_201346_890.jpgIMG_20141004_201346_890.jpg
IMG_20141007_190655_932.jpgIMG_20141007_190655_932.jpg

Entry:
IMG_20141004_015910_753.jpgIMG_20141004_015910_753.jpg
IMG_20141007_190615_539.jpgIMG_20141007_190615_539.jpg

#2041 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, here is video documentation of the left gate problem I was having. Two videos - first is an explanation of the problem. Second is the fix applied and demonstration of the mist ball behaving.
Enjoy!
Video 1 - Problem: » YouTube video
Video 2 - Fix and Demonstration: » YouTube video
Recorded with a GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition.

Love the GoPro video, its a really interesting way to show a problem/repair. Thanks for sharing!

#2043 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

You're absolutely welcome . I am going to try to this for all my fixes and repairs from now on. I feel it's very helpful for anyone interested.
You can only read so much, understand what is being talked about, and follow along with interest. It's a whole different thing to visually see what's happening. Definitely glad to contribute to the community in this way .

Agreed, very cool! Thank you!

#2046 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

No, thank YOU for your thread on your BSD. Wow, you're doing some amazing stuff! I may have to ask you some questions on what you're doing - very cool stuff!!!

I really appreciate that! But, I can tell you I would be no where without the talent pool here on Pinside. Guys like Bryan Kelly and PinballMikeD are huge assets to the hobby the way they share knowledge. Without them passing down their knowledge many more pins would certainly go to waste. I'm just here to learn and subsequently pay it forward as best I can. Feel free to ask any questions you want!

#2049 9 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

Finally able to join this club. Wish I had joined years ago when the game was going for under $1000!

Got mine back from York (thanks again Carl!) and now the work begins. The cat is already looking forward to sleeping on the backbox.

Was this the one at the show that was priced at $2k? It looked pretty nice! Played well, seemed to work 100% from what I could tell. Great deal!

#2055 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

All right, got the Mystery Hole Cliffy installed!!!! Here are the photos from tonight. I have a video - nothing really exciting - just me talking about the process and just an "over-arching view" of my first minor shop job.

Unfortunately, my GoPro was facing too high, and all the other videos are basically worthless. Totally sucks - did a good 8+ videos as I went, and everything I did was out of view....

Next time guys.... better videos.

Ah, I can see how that would be one difficult thing about taking the GoPro videos. Looks like everything went well though!

No, this one was not actually at the show. I picked it up from Carl, a fellow pinsider, who happens to be right in York. I'd put condition as very good to excellent player quality, but with some TLC and sending out the playfield for some minor restoration and a good clearcoat, this could be a nice collector quality machine. He was upfront and honest about the condition of the game, so I'm satisfied with the deal.
I'm very grateful to Carl to honoring my "first in line" place, even though there was plenty of interest in the game. I'm also grateful for the help in getting it into the van, and that it was already out of the basement when I arrived (that did not look fun, at all).
Post edited by neurokinetik: derp. wrong picture

IMG_1386.jpg 247 KB

Nice! Welcome to the club, your going to love it!

#2057 9 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

The cliffy on the scoop should be flush with the playfield. When installing cliffy's you often have to bend them slightly to create the proper tension so they lay flat when tightened down. It's kind of trial and error but otherwise you'll affect the ball path and scratch up the pinball (which isn't directly a problem, but then it scratches other things like your playfield).

Terry are you referring to the 7th picture down (rat hole)? There is a slight shadow but I thought that was the castle above. Good eye!

#2060 9 years ago

I would also recommend not playing until you get that resolved so you don't damage the playfield or the cliffy itself.

#2069 9 years ago

Here's what I've done so far on my BSD:
- Added LED OCD
- fixed bubble level (it was backwards)
- replaced several insert light incandescents with color-matched LEDs, and swapped over some previously installed LEDs with different ones that I've found to work to my liking on other games.
- replaced missing beer seal
- replaced ball launch button that I broke when trying to replace its lamp with an LED.
- replaced the speakers with a Flipper Fidelity kit (the old cabinet speaker was TOAST, )
- replace missing tilt bob
- switched flippers back to lightning flippers with red rubber
- tweaked left mist gate that was sticking in the up position
A couple of pics. The existing cabinet speaker. Carl said the game was much better with an external subwoofer. I can see why!
2nd pic, just look at those colors now! I am using mostly color-matched Ablaze quads, with the exceptions of yellow inserts, where I use premium warm whites either with or without a clear dome. With the LED OCD, the brighter the LED, the more flexibility I have when tweaking the brighness overall. I can always make them dimmer, but I can't go the other way.

Looks great!

#2071 9 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Best coffin mod award goes to me! KPULL's Dracula and some Stone spray-paint! Before and after photos - looks awesome live (thanks Keith... and me)

That does look really good!

#2087 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Got some weird issues going on. Whenever I get Coffin and Castle multiball (got castle for the first time tonight BTW) it never does the "10 million" or "20 million" callouts. Mist multiball does the 10 Million callout no prob. I still have not had all three MB's going all at once so I dont know what happens during that haha. Also my coffin multiball never ended tonight. I had to restart the game eventually. It just went on, and on, and on launching more balls even after several drains of all 3 balls. Its almost like it was confused as to how many balls were in play. So basically:
Problem 1: No points callouts from dracula. (only hear 10 million during mist)
Problem 2: Never ending coffin and castle multiball.
Anyone ever have anything like this? Factory reset? New ribbon cables? As usual thanks for the help!!

Looking at the switch matrix, column 5 has several optos that you may be having problems with. Check out the switch matrix and those optos.

I know this sounds extreme, but every time I get a pin, all my boards get sent to Coin-Op Cauldron which guarantees I won't have to troubleshoot any board issues. Then I'll know all my issues are playfield or harness related which to me is far easier/more fun to troubleshoot. These Williams/Bally games are getting to be 20+ years old. People are starting to find certain capacitors need replaced that cause weirdness, that is just not fun for me to troubleshoot.

#2099 9 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

After months of looking I picked up this gem last week. As to be expected I am experiencing multiball problems (motor sounds like it is constantly running, but the magnet does not seem to be engaging). I am also getting 3 bongs upon fire up. It looks like this is a U18 error. I am looking forward to getting this baby error free.

IMG_5210.JPG 166 KB

I had a very similar issue. I ended up replacing the Mist Ball harness, it was frayed from moving back and forth over the last 20 years. Check that and your Mist Ball Optos both short and long.

#2101 9 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Thanks for the leads. This setup does seem to be a bit finicky. When I run the magnet test I have a fault before I even begin. During the left/right test the ball just drains right down the middle-no magnetic pull whatsoever. Briefly, ever so briefly during the test I had the magnet moving left to right, but it only lasted about ten seconds. I guess I'll start going over all of those odds and ends tomorrow.
Is it safe to assume the 3 bongs is unrelated?

The 3 bongs is normal, its not specific to any one particular error. Check all those things I mentioned and also check the boards on the underside of the playfield (opto board especially) make sure everything is seated properly. If everything I mentioned in my previous post looks good and the boards look good then we can continue troubleshooting from there. By the way, here is a great link for diagnosing Mist ball problems (Thanks to TerryB);

http://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/solid-state-repair/game-specific-toys/200-mist-multiball

If you plan on keeping BSD for a long time, I'll give the same advice I gave a few posts ago; do yourself a favor and send the MPU/CPU and the driver board out for service (Coin-Op Cauldron does great work). Board issues are extremely frustrating to troubleshoot sometimes and can be tedious. If you send the boards out and have them professionally serviced it will give you peace of mind in the future that if something goes wrong the boards are one less thing you have to check.

#2103 9 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

Many thanks for the reply. This is definitely a keeper. I was already talking to my board guy today. I didn't want to send the boards off if it was a simple fix. Luckily I have a Rottendog CPU in there so it's just a matter of bullet proofing the MPU/PS.
I thought the three bongs was a U18 error. I included a vid I shot. Occasionally a test report will come up stating a left and right mag error, but it's not consistent. I will go through everything you mentioned tomorrow. Many thanks. It's so hard to finally have the game and not have it playable.
» YouTube video

Yup, have him take care of the other board and you'll never have to worry about any weird ghosts in your machine (at least board related). Don't feel bad about not having it playing. I got my BSD months ago, never played it, only turned it on to troubleshoot existing issues then I tore it all down. I have a restoration thread going on right now and it won't be done for a while. You will be playing yours long before I get the first play on mine. It's hard to see but I have a pic of where my Mist Ball harness was broken. It's the black wire and its broken right next to the shielding. It's very hard to see but the wire itself was completely split only hanging on my some of the shielding.

IMG_20140908_184716_452.jpgIMG_20140908_184716_452.jpg
3 months later
#2321 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

If you have the patience and the know-how, THIS is cheaper and definitely worth your time...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-installed-flipper-fidelity-on-jmresult-was#post-2040706

Great setup! I had forgotten about that thread, thanks for the link!

3 months later
#2699 8 years ago

Hey guys, does anyone know what these small stand off posts are called or possibly have a part number?

IMG_20150614_225528_530.jpgIMG_20150614_225528_530.jpg
#2706 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Most hobby shops and art supply stores carry small aluminum tubing that you can cut down and use in place of those. Works perfectly.

Thanks! I'll have to start looking for those.

Does anywhere sell the clear plastic coffin ramp?

1 week later
#2728 8 years ago

I know this is a stretch but does anyone know what size rivet and rivet backing is used on the entry ramp flap? All the backings I have stick out the side of the flap.

1 week later
#2758 8 years ago

Hey, if one of you guys get a chance to look at your entry ramp, can someone tell me if their rivet backings stick out as far as the picture below? Thanks!

IMG_20150630_023354_980.jpgIMG_20150630_023354_980.jpg

#2760 8 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

No. That washer is too large a diameter and also looks to be too thick.

That is the only size that came with the pinrestore riveting kit. Lots of different rivet sizes but only one backing size. Does anyone know what size is needed for BSD and I would assume most W/B tables?

2 weeks later
#2781 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Anyone know where this clear plastic goes?

image.jpg

I think thats the top of one of the subways.

#2794 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

would somebody please take the time for a photo for all 3 pop bumper leaf/EOS switch wiring? I am getting a ground 1 short error report and a wire is off a terminal and I have tried every option possible. thanks.

I have some shop out pics, I'll take a look.

#2795 8 years ago

You can sorta see the colors of all 3. Does this help at all? If not I'll try to get a better one.

IMG_20150721_223809_944.jpgIMG_20150721_223809_944.jpg

#2797 8 years ago

No problem, give me a few min get the loose stuff off the top and flip the game around on my rotisserie.

#2798 8 years ago

Here is an individual shot of all 3.

IMG_20150721_225328_397.jpgIMG_20150721_225328_397.jpg

IMG_20150721_225352_129.jpgIMG_20150721_225352_129.jpg

IMG_20150721_225412_063.jpgIMG_20150721_225412_063.jpg

#2801 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

ok, so the big question is where does the yellow wire (attached to the 2 green/blue wires, 3 total wires on the terminal) on your final 3rd picture connect to? this is the wire I need to re-solder...thanks again brother

No problem! The yellow wire from the third picture is the same yellow wire shown in the upper right of the second picture soldered to that back tab. Does that help?

#2803 8 years ago

No problem, anytime!

1 week later
#2815 8 years ago

Hey guys, does anyone know who makes clear coffin ramp or maybe knows how to remake them?

IMG_20150729_202759_470.jpgIMG_20150729_202759_470.jpg

#2817 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Just flat plexi, right? Maybe try the guy on etsy who sells the clear plastic for that ramp.

Yeah, I think its just plexi. I'll try the etsy guy. I'm surprised more people don't need these made.

#2820 8 years ago

Clear for sure

#2823 8 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I was thinking that. I just got it, I hate to see it go out for 12 weeks or so but the end result will be worth it.

If it's NOS and doesn't need any repair, it allows you to be flexible with who you send it to. Some guys are great at doing the clear coat but not so great on the repair side of things. Luckily, it looks like you don't need to worry about that. Who were you planning on sending it to?

#2828 8 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I actually just started looking into it but I know Kruzman takes about 12 weeks, that's why I mentioned 12 weeks.
And yeah this thing needs no repair. The only "flaw" is the factory mylar on it in a couple places at the edges seems slightly gummy. I'm hesitant to do anything to it at all for fear of screwing it up. lol

Hands down Ron is one of the best if not the best in the industry. Honestly though, if the mylar is the only issue, sending it to Ron may be overkill. If you don't want to wait check with HSA or some of the other guys on the pinside that do clear work. On the other hand, if it needs proper dimpling as well, send it to Ron. But if its just clear you have quicker options.

#2830 8 years ago

If someone gets a chance, could you tell me if your entry ramp flap has rivet washers on the back of it or is it just rivets without washers on the back? Thanks!

1 week later
#2833 8 years ago

Does anyone have a better picture than the following for this part of the entry ramp? I'm curious how you center the ramp and prevent it from rubbing the sides of the ball guides.

IMG_20150812_231449_358.jpgIMG_20150812_231449_358.jpg

#2839 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Pull the entry ramp piece in and install the screw? That should hold it over a bit farther.

Yeah, I had that screw in and noticed the ramp had a lot of play side to side. So, I took out the screw for trouble shooting. The only thing I can think to do is put a fat washer where those small plastic washers are at the top sides of the entry ramp. But they will stick out too far and look ugly. I wonder if when the coil is energized it will pop the ramp up straight. Logic tells me it would be pretty random if the ramp has too much wiggle room. Not sure what to do about that....

#2849 8 years ago
Quoted from thetoyphantom:

That's a real pain in the ass, I just tried that myself. I was able to bend the two pins a little on the rear bracket to that ramp but be gentle and don't break it.

I'll give that a shot. I'm having the same issue with the coffin ramp as well. I added extra washers (as many as I could) but it still didn't push it over enough to keep the flap from rubbing the side.

#2853 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Check to make sure the new flap is exactly the same size/shape as the old one?

Yup, the new ramp is perfect. Even the screw holes lineuup. I was pretty impressed. I'll be purchasing from fabrications unlimited again in the future for sure.

#2855 8 years ago

The coffin ramp you can adjust. Loosen the two screws on the rear bracket holding that ramp closest to the coffin, adjust and re tighten.

Nice I'll give that a shot. Thanks!

#2858 8 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Paint job looks superb. Makes me want to get one now and do the same.

Mcclad does great work, I highly recommend him for painting your village/castle/graveyard.

#2867 8 years ago
Quoted from SSrig:

So we all know how brutal BSD is but tonight it made me bleed. PDI glass everywhere including my hands and feet. Spent hours cleaning up and I'm sure I will never get it all. Rrr!image.jpg image.jpg

Oh no, that's PDI? How did that happen?

#2872 8 years ago

Does anyone know the two hex spacer sizes for the Draculas castle??
Having a problem fitting my castle. Do I need to heat the castle a bit with a heat gun to get it to fit or is my spacer too big??

I'm having the same issue with the Village. If no one gets back to you by the time I make my way over there I'll let you know.

#2873 8 years ago

Does anyone know the two hex spacer sizes for the Draculas castle??
Having a problem fitting my castle. Do I need to heat the castle a bit with a heat gun to get it soft and stretch to fit or is my spacer too big??

I just checked, I actually don't have them. I've been working on a restore for almost a year now;

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-documenting-for-fun

I don't know if there are any shop out pics there that will help you or not. It sounds like you are almost done. I still have to finish the cabinet too. In the mean time, if you need any other info (aside from the hex spacer size for the castle) let me know, mine will still be on the rotisserie for a while.

#2878 8 years ago

Just when you think you are almost done here comes some spilled milk to slow you down again. I think I got the wrong hex spacer on my castle? Mine measures 3-1/4 inch tall on the left. Anyone know the right size??

image.jpg image_1.jpg

Bump for phantoms castle hex post question

#2881 8 years ago

Hey guys, I've been looking through a lot of BSD mod threads/youtube videos and noticed there are a lot of similar mods by many different people. Who makes the best coffin lighting mod (inside that shines out from the hole in the front) and what color combo you guys think looks best? I know that is a pretty general question but I'm curious about any mod preferences you guys have.

#2883 8 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Clear or light smoked coffin lid from Planetary Pinball. Ugly vamp mod from iamdarras: http://www.iamdarras.bigcartel.com/product/bsd-ugly-vamp-mod. I went red led and directional (I did my own mod). BSD is torn apart at the moment for new cabinet decals so don't have any photos.
In order for the lighting to work you'll need a semi-transparent drac and a lighter coffin lid. To me those are the keys to getting your lighting to look good.

Thats exactly the dracula I was looking at. I'm not sure which coffin lid will work better between the clear or light smoked. So you light the inside of the coffin with red? I saw a couple videos showing one color for constant light and another for the flasher. This one in particular:

http://pinballsoul.com/bram-stokers-dracula-mods-to-see-buy/

#2888 8 years ago
Quoted from dalispictures:

Does anyone know if Iamdarras is still around? I have tried to contact him regarding the ugly vamp mod with no reply. I actually did order this and it has been 3 weeks- NOTHING. Thanks

Did you order from here?

http://iamdarras.bigcartel.com/product/bsd-ugly-vamp-mod

#2902 8 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Great I just ordered then see this!! Ugh hope we get them.....

Any update yet on this? Have you heard back at all?

1 week later
#2910 8 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Mine has been a little over a week with no word.......

Man, I hope you guys get your mods. I was just about to order too. Keep us posted. Has anyone else purchased or heard from Iamdarras lately? I hope everything is okay.

#2912 8 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Is he painting these again? I messaged him a couple of times over a year ago and then never heard back.

Good question, I'm not sure. I know he did mine last July 2014 (Just looked up my PM history). He has also been posting on the forums recently as well. I would try PMing him again, he does fantastic work.

2 months later
9 months later
#3578 7 years ago

Hey guys, I'm in the middle of a restoration. I've been waiting about two years for ramps to be reproduced or to find an NOS ramp but I decided to try to use what I have for now. So I just used about half a can of butane flame polishing this thing and I'm pretty sure there is nothing more I can do with this one spot. It's right at the entry and an incandescent looks like it melted part of the ramp at some point. Is there any way to clear this up?

20160820_002830_(resized).jpg20160820_002830_(resized).jpg

#3582 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Looks great other than the small spot .... i doubt u will get it much better but the decals will help hide it some also

Yeah, problem is the decal melted to the ramp so there is a small hole in the decal. Compared to the rest of the restore all 3 ramps are going to stick out like a sore thumb. Oh well, its been in pieces for over two years, I just want to play it at this point. Hell, I even finished my Shadow restore waiting for ramps to surface for this thing.

#3584 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Put it together and then you can watch for ramps at shows or maybe someone may reproduce them at some point.

Yeah, you are right. I've played this thing maybe 6 times to work out the bugs before I tore it apart. It's time to put the OCD aside and start putting up some pathetically low scores on this thing .

1 week later
#3621 7 years ago

Hey guys, I think this has been asked in the past but I didn't see any definite answers. Does anyone know the length of the posts for the Castle and Village? When I reinstalled the posts that came with mine, the castle seemed abnormally tall.

20160826_234045 (resized).jpg20160826_234045 (resized).jpg

#3629 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Hey guys, I think this has been asked in the past but I didn't see any definite answers. Does anyone know the length of the posts for the Castle and Village? When I reinstalled the posts that came with mine, the castle seemed abnormally tall.

Bump, anyone?

#3633 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

All I can say is that yours does look too high.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, from comparing mine to other pictures it certainly does look too high. Hopefully someone that is shopping our there BSD can measure the posts on the village and castle for me. I've seen shop out pics and the posts look the same size as mine but I dunno, something doesn't seem right.

#3635 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I've had to measure the village ones for someone before. I'll see if I can find the pic. Castle is obviously more involved.

Awesome, thanks! Yeah, I didn't realize it until you said it but I guess the main ramp would have to come out for most people to measure. Hopefully someone that is in the middle of a shop can check that. My BSD came to me pretty messed up. It also looks like someone drilled a hole in the entry ramp and the village to secure it for some reason, frustrating.

#3637 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

This is the best I can do right now. Maybe you can do some photoshop magic to measure those.
Edit: I'm a liar - I found it in PM:
Village front- 2.5"
Back- 3 7/16"

Thank you! I assume the "front" is closest to the flippers?

Anyone have the measurements for the castle spacers?

#3688 7 years ago

Hey guys, should this loose wire with the blue tape on it get soldered to the tab just above my thumb? That's what it looks like in the manual but I wanted to double check.

20160904_230626 (resized).jpg20160904_230626 (resized).jpg

#3690 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Hey guys, should this loose wire with the blue tape on it get soldered to the tab just above my thumb? That's what it looks like in the manual but I wanted to double check.

Sorry guys, answered my own question. Yes.

#3716 7 years ago
Quoted from Neuromancer87:

I'd only do so as a charity to keep others from ever having to play that dreadful game.

I played X-Men for the first time last year at a show. It was game of the show for me, I can't figure out why it gets so much hate.

7 months later
#4516 7 years ago

I've read that people have installed the ColorDMD LCD without removing the LND flashers. For those that have done this successfully, could you enlighten me? I've read some vague comments that its possible but I'm not seeing how during my attempt at an install. Then again, I also have the color changing mod which slightly gets in the way. If anyone has some pics I would really appreciate it.

#4526 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

You can use the lower set of holes in the ColorDMD bracket to mount the screen along side the LND flashers.
The display will stick up further above the top of the speaker panel but will be hidden by the translite. Then use the VERTICAL ADJUST in the ColorDMD display menus to align the illuminated area of the screen with the speaker panel window.

Quoted from MMP:

On my game I was able to mount the flasher lightboard just a bit lower and then everything fit. Definitely was glad not to lose the flasher function, or to make some other crazy modification to make it work.

Thanks guys! I had to mount it at a slight angle and get a little bit of light bleed from the flashers but i'll work on that. The animations are great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 5.00
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Glarrownage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=Glarrownage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.