IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GRB1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#215 11 years ago

Hi,

I noticed that the red lightning flippers from Pinball Center have an 'X' and not a 'W' embossed on them. I assume that these are knockoffs on the genuine Williams flippers. Would that be correct?

It is not a huge deal, but some folks likely want the lightning flippers with the 'W' embossed on the flippers to maintain more of an authentic look.

Gord

1 month later
#264 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Search RGP, there are posts about it there...you just need some hex posts...just need to figure out the size and length...mine came with proto slings but I sold them...so ugly haha

Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

Could one of you kind BSD owners please take a close up pic of how your proto sling plastics are installed? I have some but I'm trying to work out the best way to fit them. Would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Duplicate. Mods, please delete

#266 11 years ago

Search RGP, there are posts about it there...you just need some hex posts...just need to figure out the size and length...mine came with proto slings but I sold them...so ugly haha

Could one of you kind BSD owners please take a close up pic of how your proto sling plastics are installed? I have some but I'm trying to work out the best way to fit them. Would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Here are a couple of photos of the prototype slingshot plastics mounted on Tim Hanian's BSD.

Gord

dracula_nos_playfield_050.jpgdracula_nos_playfield_050.jpg dracula_nos_playfield_051.jpgdracula_nos_playfield_051.jpg

1 month later
#306 11 years ago
Quoted from EZG:

Does anyone out there have an extra plastic (the long one that goes under the Abbey on the left side of the game)? I have some other plastics for trade and am hoping I can work something out that helps one of you and me at the same time.
Also, I've owned the game now for about a month and while I knew it would be a good game to improve my skills on, I didn't realize how quickly it would pay off. I've had The Shadow for 3+ years or so and never hit the final battle once. After playing BSD non-stop, I went back to TS...scored my first BILLION and hit the final battle two games in a row. Felt pretty dang good.

Is this the plastic that you are seeking? I have completed 5 orders with the Pinball Center and they ship fast and it takes about 2 weeks to receive the package from the time that I placed my orders.

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/dracula-plastic-31174417-p-4278.html?language=english

Gord

9 months later
#1111 10 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Thanks. Got some work to make sure I can mold them correctly. Then work on paint.
Keith

Hi Keith,

That is a big improvement over the Ron Jeremy Dracula figure. Please post photos after you paint this. I for one would buy this mod if the paint comes out looking as good as the figure.

Gord

1 month later
#1252 10 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Would Lefkoff be drilling his own metal, I think not . I am Kevin from Lyons Classic PInball.
Do all BSD's have the metal hammerlite side rails ? I have only seen this on a friends CFBL.

Hi Kevin,

Not sure if they all do or not. Mine does have the metal hammerlite side rails as well.

Gord

3 years later
#4863 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Appreciate the information. Below is photos of both the headstone, which yes, you are correct, there is not a hex post where one should be. Pictured is also my ramp from several different angles. Is the plastic top indeed missing? If you notice, there seems to be a slight bump or raise to the ramp where they meet. This seems to slow the ball enough that it goes back down the ramp more often than not. Thanks for the help. These things just aren't in the manual.
So to track these down you said the plastic top is on etsy somewhere here. Any idea on the post size and threads? I looked on Marco specialties and there are, of course, a ton of them. Now I just need to dive in and disassemble down to those hex posts that are probably in the wrong spot. Trial and error or has anyone posted a teardown? (I looked to no avail)
Again, thanks to everyone for the input. I'm a newcomer to ownership. Not afraid to get my hands dirty but it's a little intimidating not knowing where to go for answers and having the fear of asking stupid questions.

Below is a photo from my BSD of the same area. You can get the new BSD coffin shroud mod from Pinsider Colsond3 provided that he still has a few extras.

Here is a URL for a couple of BSD clear plastics including the one for the ramp by the coffin.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/173278432/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-clear

Gord

P1000609 (resized).JPGP1000609 (resized).JPG

#4868 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Huh. I never knew that was in there either.
Thanks for posting those pics! Also, could they not put them in the right order?

Below is a PDF excerpt of the same page that Bill took photos of in the BSD manual.

Gord

Coffin_Plate_Assembly.pdfCoffin_Plate_Assembly.pdf

#4870 6 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Thanks Gord - I didn't want to break apart my book to scan it.

Hi Bill,

No problem at all. I have a soft copy (PDF) of the BSD manual and saved the one page in question (2-33) as a PDF so I didn't need to scan it either.

Gord

#4878 6 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

PM GRB 1959. He has the manual in pdf, which would show the sizes of those pieces.

The BSD manual is available for download via the following URL.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/3072/Williams_1993_Bram_Stoker_s_Dracula_English_Manual.pdf

Gord

1 week later
#4896 6 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I have a quick gameplay question, when the ball drops into the left outlane off the wireforms it lands in in front of the inlane switch thus not activating it. Should it hit that switch? Or is it meant not to?

Hi Patrick,

On my BSD when the ball drops directly above (behind) the left inlane switch via the left wireform it rolls over the left inlane switch 100 percent of the time and does indeed activate the switch. Is the ball rolling over the left inlane switch on your BSD after travelling on the left wireform?

If it is not then it sounds like your left wireform may need to be adjusted so that it drops the ball behind (above) the left inlane switch. Below are some photos of the left inlane and left wireform on my BSD for reference.

Gord

P1000676 (resized).JPGP1000676 (resized).JPG
P1000664 (resized).JPGP1000664 (resized).JPG
P1000665 (resized).JPGP1000665 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#4919 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Looking for some help with a ridiculous question. I am in the midst of replacing some bulbs. Where is the #16 lamp (r.ramp lock)? I have a manual but it isn't listed on the lamp diagram (of course), and I can only guess it has never worked since I have owned her because when in lamp test mode, I get nothing and I have never missed it until now.
Thanks in advance.

Here is the requested video.

Gord

3 weeks later
#4963 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

That is great - decided to buy one....

Do you have a URL for this topper to purchase?

Gord

#4968 6 years ago

Thanks for the link.

Gord

1 month later
#5043 6 years ago
Quoted from Kas24:

Does anyone make a BSD translate?

In October of 2012 I purchased a really nice reproduction BSD translite from Arcade Overlays. I sold it to another Pinsider in February of 2016 as I had purchased it for wall art. The translite was very nice and looked great in my BSD.

http://www.arcadeoverlays.com/pinball-translites/

I see that the BSD reproduction translites are no longer on the above listed website, however you may want to reach out via the following email address to see if they have any BSD translites available.

[email protected]

Regards.

Gord

3 months later
#5275 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Are you missing the clear plastic in the attached picture? (looks like it's missing in your photo). Likely the answer. Someone on Etsy sells replacements.

#5305 5 years ago
Quoted from hotquac:

medisinyl
Do you have a picture of how that plastic is supposed to go on the coffin ramp? My machine is also missing a plastic there and I have the same issues (hard to consistently hit the coffin loop.)

I have the following photo from my BSD and circled the clear plastic that goes on top of the coffin ramp. Hopefully this helps you out.

Gord

P1000660 - Circled (resized).JPGP1000660 - Circled (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#5366 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Post the pics, but you need that plastic. The etsy link is in this thread a dozen times. Or a quick Google will find it.

1 week later
#5404 5 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

The one I have is skinny and wobbles around in the hole.

Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Sounds like a personal problem.....

Ouch, that is going to leave a mark.

2 weeks later
#5457 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Thanks so much, aobrien5!
Well, I had to do some changes in my Custom Free Card, because it was problem a lighter background with chrome vinyl. I will show results below.
Before that, here is original design to compare:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/108#post-4489268
Note: I will tray with brown colour and chrome vinyl ahead and again.
"Bram Stoker´s Dracula Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (WILLIAMS) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Bram%20Stoker´s%20Dracula%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play%20print1.jpg
"Bram Stoker´s Dracula Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (WILLIAMS) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Bram%20Stoker´s%20Dracula%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play%20print2.jpg
[quoted image][quoted image]
*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.
Regards

Can these very well done BSD cards be downloaded or purchased?

Gord

2 weeks later
#5505 5 years ago

Scroll down to the 'Trivia' section towards the bottom of the following web page. According to this web page BSD shipped with the yellow lightning flippers, however BSD was designed to use the regular sized flippers. When BSD production games were shipped they shipped with the yellow lightning flippers in an effort to shorten ball times.

http://www.flippers.be/pinball/williams/bramstokersdracula/bram_stokers_dracula.html

Gord

#5551 5 years ago
Quoted from TDEX:

ok! I cleaned the switch with isopropyl alcohol it doesn't seem to be sticking,however I noticed a thin strip of metal that just dangles loosely. looks like a leaf switch. if I shake the table a little it causes the drop target to malfunction. my question is
is that strip of metal supposed to be so loose?

Something may be broken or loose. Take a nice high resolution photo of the dangling metal piece and post it in this thread and I am certain that you will get the help that you desire from this group.

Gord

1 month later
#5717 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

How are most of you removing the rails...your method? Or are you just buying new ones to have them powder coated?

You may want to review the thread below for how I removed the side rails from my TZ. The method detailed by @silverballnut worked perfectly and I was able to remove the side rails without damaging either the side rails or the cabinet decals.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/side-rail-removalinstallation-for-decaled-tz

Gord

2 months later
#6019 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Well, I've seen some here claim they can do it. I don't think there's any way in hell you could do it, even without cleaning anything.

You may want to heed this advice as Bryan_Kelly has completed 4-5 BSD restorations (including mine which turned out awesome) so he does know what he is talking about.

Gord

4 weeks later
#6098 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

The red armor or the translite?
I’d be interested in grabbing one of those translites if someone can figure out where it came from.

+ 1 on the translite. I have never seen that BSD alternate translite, but I am guessing that several of us BSD owners would purchase one if available.

Gord

4 months later
#6327 4 years ago

Below is a PDF of the switch matrix chart for BSD and a PDF of the CPU board layout. According to the switch matrix chart the 'Launch Ball' button connects to the following two points on the CPU board for Row 4 Column 3.

J209-4 White-Yellow Wire
J207-3 Green-Orange Wire

You may also need to investigate to see if there is a broken wire somewhere in your row/column chain.

Gord

BSD_Switch_Matrix.pdfBSD_Switch_Matrix.pdf
BSD_CPU_Board.pdfBSD_CPU_Board.pdf

1 month later
#6501 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Some new art is available. Comes bloodied or non.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, the non-bloodied BSD alternate translite is gorgeous. If you ever produce these for sale let the group know as I know I would buy one and I am sure that many others would as well.

This is the best alternate translite that I have ever seen for BSD.

Gord

#6521 4 years ago

I just installed my new BSD alternate translite today. It looks great and the colors are very vivid.

Gord

P1010433 (resized).JPGP1010433 (resized).JPG
P1010438 (resized).JPGP1010438 (resized).JPG

#6527 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Looks good...I’m excited to get mine. Did you have to switch out any of your bulbs?

I did not change out any bulbs in the back box. I am using incandescent bulbs.

Gord

2 months later
#6759 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I just did a finish similar[quoted image]

HI Robert,

Your arm also matches the leg that you powder coated. I like the originality.

Gord

1 year later
#7449 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Hey guys,
Speaking of the original lightning flippers, were those more so to add difficulty to the game or necessary to hit certain ramps?

https://www.flippers.be/pinball/williams/bramstokersdracula/bram_stokers_dracula.html

Excerpt from the above URL.

This game came from the factory with small yellow 'lightning' flippers installed (similar to the ones used on Fish Tales).
These flipper bats are shorter than regular ones. The game however was designed to have regular flipper bats but shorter ones were added for production to decrease game time. Installing regular bats is a big improvement to gameplay. Some shots are easier to make, or feel at least more natural, whilst drains through the middle don't decrease noticeable. So if you find the game hard because some shots are difficult, put regular flipper bats on the game.

Gord

2 months later
#7549 3 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Hey, all. I’m about to go through a restore and wanted to know what are the ‘must have’ mods in your opinion?
Thanks in advance.

BSD 3-D Tombstone Cover Mod (@morpheus)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsdracula-3-d-tombstone-cover

24 inch Opto Board Replacement
https://www.pinballlife.com/24-opto-replacement-board-a-15646.html

BSD Ron Jeremy Dracula Replacement Mod (@kpull)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-death-of-dracula-goodbye-ron

BSD Alternate Translite (@pinstein)
ebay.com link: Bram Stokers Dracula Pinball Alternate Translite 2Choices Bloody or non

You will need to reach out to the Pinsiders listed in parenthesis for three of the mods listed above to see if they have any extras around or if they will offer them for sale again. I have all three of these Pinsider created mods and they are great.

The 24 inch opto board may or may not be needed on your game, but I recently installed it on my BSD and it fixed some Mist ball issues that I was having.

Gord

P1000607 (resized).JPGP1000607 (resized).JPG
P1000608 (resized).JPGP1000608 (resized).JPG
P1000609 (resized).JPGP1000609 (resized).JPG
P1000610 (resized).JPGP1000610 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#7578 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

IF....you have it set to do so, particularly if you have the game set to empty locked balls in the castle from a previous game once you power the machine on (game ends with balls locked in castle....machine is turned off...sometime later machine is turned back on and balls are emptied out of the castle)....it does not automatically do this. It is in the adjustments....

Thanks for pointing this out. The factory default setting for Feature Adjustment A2.44 (Game Over Unlock) is 'No' which will leave the ball(s) locked in the Castle Lock between games. I always wondered about the seeming inconsistency upon startup when sometimes the game would drain both the Castle Lock ball and the Mist ball and then reload the Mist ball and other times would not.

See the manual excerpt for this adjustment below.

Gord

BSD_Ball_Lock_Adjustment.pdfBSD_Ball_Lock_Adjustment.pdf

3 weeks later
#7625 3 years ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

Got a Dracula playing perfect, was in attract mode last night, and all of a sudden it goes into ball search mode. Walk over to the game and notice thin layer of smoke under the glass, shut it off and figure it's a coil locked on and burned up, (been there done that) searching around and there's no hot coils. After dust settles I notice no opto's working, and then notice 12v fuse is blown, replaced it, and now I have all of the optos back, with exception of the mist long throw opto. Found the circuit board underneath got a little hot. I can replace the components but was wondering what your opinions were on the subject. (Why it blew resistors, and etc) pictures of the board. Fuse does not blow now with burned up board. (Maybe was the components time to go) ? Don't want to repeat it and cause more damage
[quoted image][quoted image]

I cannot help you with the forensics on this board to figure out why you blew some components, however, I recently replaced my standard BSD opto board with the following opto board and it works great. Granted, it is more expensive than replacing a few components, but it is much simpler and it is truly plug and play.

https://www.pinballlife.com/24-opto-replacement-board-a-15646.html?Category_Code=

Gord

3 weeks later
#7647 3 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Depending on the settings, some BSDs will kick the mist ball out upon booting right?

BSD will unload the mist ball (from either the left or right mist ball pocket) upon booting if there is a ball locked in the castle lock lane. If there is not a ball in the castle lock lane then your BSD should not unload the mist ball when booting up your game.

There is a software setting for Feature Adjustments (A2.44) that will unload all locked balls at the end of each game which also includes unloading and reloading the mist ball. I tried this method and it is sort of annoying because if you have a ball in the castle lock lane at the end of a game BSD will unload the locked ball from the castle lock lane and also unload the mist ball and then it reloads the mist ball again into the mist ball pocket. If you go into the 'Adjustments Menu' to review or adjust settings BSD will also unload the mist ball and then reload the mist ball after existing the 'Adjustments Menu' even if a ball is not locked in the castle lock lane.

Bottom line, if you have a ball locked in the castle lock lane when you boot up your BSD it should always unload both the locked ball in the castle lock lane and the mist ball and then BSD will reload the mist ball into the mist ball pocket. If you have the 'Game Over Unlock' (A2.44) feature setting set to 'No' and you do not have any balls locked in the castle lock lane upon bootup and your BSD still unloads the mist ball then as Pinsider Billc479 stated you likely have an issue with your long range opto board or with your opto transmitter.

A few months ago I had issues with the mist ball on my BSD and the thread below details the journey and how the issue was resolved.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-won-t-load-mist-ball-at-start-of-game

Gord

BSD_Ball_Lock_Adjustment.pdfBSD_Ball_Lock_Adjustment.pdf

2 weeks later
#7660 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwikid:

Brought my 2nd Drac after letting the last one go and living in regret. New Mirco playfield nearly in, adding a few mods ie the side blades, colour dmd LCD, have had legs, side rails and lock down bar powder coated satin black, LEDs.
I found a pic of this coffin but can’t seem to find a place to purchase does anyone have any ideas where I can buy one as think it would look great! Many thanks
[quoted image]

Pinsider Medisinyl created this BSD coffin mod. I am not sure if they are still available. You may want to PM Medisinyl to see if they are still available.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-custom-bsd-coffin-and-headstone-mods-medisinyl-mods-dracula#post-4636569

Gord

1 month later
#7764 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Hey guys,
I'm having some trouble at start up with a "magnet load error". When working correctly, I would power up the game and the ball in the mist gates would fall as the magnet moved across the playfield. I could certainly hear the magnet move every time I started the game, like a reset of some sort. Now the magnet doesn't do anything when I first turn on the game. The ball drops, a ball gets fed into the shooter lane and shot up to the right gate, but then falls and repeats the process over and over. The way I fix it is by going into the main menu, cycling through the errors and then exiting out. That seems to reset everything, the magnet moves and the ball stays up up at the right gate. Any ideas of what could be causing this?

I had the same problem a few months back. Here is a thread detailing my Mist Ball journey and solution.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-won-t-load-mist-ball-at-start-of-game#post-5921845

Gord

#7769 3 years ago
Quoted from mikerob34:

Thanks for posting this Gord. Just got done with an opto replacement job stemming from similar issue. Replaced the optos and board but had a few other things I was meaning to do so it turned into new ramps/rubbers/cliffy's/new coffin ramp project which I just wrapped up. Extremely challenging and frustrating but your thread was a big help in troubleshooting as well as many others here. You guys are life-savers!

Hi @mikerob34,

I am glad that my previous thread on my prior BSD opto issues was of some value to you. Troubleshooting BSD opto issues can be challenging, but there is enough help on this forum from members and past threads that it is now pretty well covered.

Gord

1 month later
#7926 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Anyone bought this translite? If so, how is the quality? Do you like it? Looking to get the bloody version.
ebay.com link: itm
Thanks

I have the non-bloody version of this BSD translite and I really like it. The quality is very good and I like it much better than the original BSD translite.

Gord

#7929 3 years ago
Quoted from Zee:

Did you make any changes to the backbox lamps to suit the new translite?

No changes were made to the backbox lamps. All I did was swap out the OEM translite with the alternate translite.

Gord

2 weeks later
#7996 2 years ago
Quoted from trimoto:

Has anyone ever had this happen . I turned on my BSD it loads ball in mist pocket. Starts a game then after the first ball drains it kicks another up and auto fires it and keeps auto firing . Never reloads to mist It's like there is to many ball but I checked that .
I don't see any switches being flaky I've checked switch test .
Hopefully it's a simple fix Any thoughts ?

I had similar issues a few months back.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-won-t-load-mist-ball-at-start-of-game#post-5927820

Gord

1 week later
#8026 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I think the playfield looks terrific, just not a fan of the translite.

There is an alternate translite available for BSD. Several pinsiders have replaced their original BSD translite with it.

Gord

1 month later
#8113 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Dang it. Every time I figure something out, something else happens. NOW, every time I turn the machine on, it does what seems to be a ball search. It unloads the magnet ball, fires some coils, reloads the magnet, and then plays normally. If I power cycle the game it does it again. Magnet test checks out perfect, and game plays perfect (I believe?)

It almost sounds as if you have a ball in the castle lock lane when you turn the game on. The URL below may help you out as to the proper behavior of the mist multi-ball.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/153#post-6070782

Gord

1 week later
#8159 2 years ago
2 months later
#8470 2 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

How many plastic ramps are there in this game including the subway?

There are 3 plastic ramps on top and 2 subways.

Gord

P1020332 (resized).JPGP1020332 (resized).JPG
P1020333 (resized).JPGP1020333 (resized).JPG
P1020334 (resized).JPGP1020334 (resized).JPG
P1020335 (resized).JPGP1020335 (resized).JPG
P1020336 (resized).JPGP1020336 (resized).JPG

#8472 2 years ago

Don't forget the plastic piece that lifts up for the coffin lock. It's separate from the ramp.

Yes it would be nice to offer that piece as well, but it is currently available from the following source.

https://www.fabunlimited.com/pinball/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-clear-coffin-lock-ramp?category=Bram%20Stoker%27s%20Dracula

Gord

2 months later
#8677 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Thanks for the quick reply, I hope to get to it this weekend.

It looks like dr_nybble also provided you the answer. Based upon your photo and the diagram provided by dr_nybble it looks like your loose black wire should go to J1-1 of the High Current Driver Assembly board which is the Ground from the Power Driver Board (J103-1).

Gord

5 months later
#9164 1 year ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

Recently joined the club and am getting a lot of rejects on the coffin ramp. I am missing the two clear plastics. Does anyone have a scan of the two clear plastics in the red rectangle? If someone could put them on the bed of a copier, it would scan well enough for me to cut out replacements.
Thanks
[quoted image]

You can buy them here.

https://www.fabunlimited.com/pinball/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-clear-replacement-plastics-2-piece-set

Gord

1 month later
#9256 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Anyone recommend a decent Alternate Translite available for this game? I've seen a couple pics but non for sale

I have this one installed on my BSD and really like it.

Gord

Where To Purchase

2 weeks later
#9328 1 year ago
Quoted from s000m:

Hi all,
I've been busy getting my pin ready for Pinfest here in the UK.
However I can't for the life of me to get my skillshot shooting reliably.
At present it makes its way round the orbit, through the gate and sometimes doesn't have enough momentum to hit the target and 1 in 3 times will fall short and just end up in the roll over switches.
I've tried the following
- Replaced the one way gate as it was sometimes sticking
- Replaced the coil sleeve and spring for the shooter lane coil.
- Adjusted the coil to get it to seat behind the ball
-Adjusted and fiddled with the shooter lane plastic, moving it back and forward a mm or so.
I suspect my shooter lane plastic is slightly warped as it doesn't rest straight.
The ball will often hop as it comes off the ramp and into the orbit. That's where it appears to loose momentum.
Any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure that the end of the plastic shooter lane ramp goes over the metal ball guide. I initially installed the plastic shooter lane ramp with the end of the ramp under the metal ball guide on my BSD and the ball would rarely make it to the drop target. I believe that the ball would lose of some of its momentum by grazing the lip of the metal ball guide.

After re-installing the plastic shooter lane ramp on my BSD with the end of the ramp going over the metal ball guide it now hits the drop target every time. The photos show how the shooter lane ramp is installed on my BSD and ball launches hit the drop target every time now.

Gord

P1020322 (resized).JPGP1020322 (resized).JPG
P1020334 (resized).JPGP1020334 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#9435 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Can anyone confirm that in switch test, you can put your hand across the middle of the playfield - will it trigger the opto break?
Thanks

Yes it does trigger an opto break. When I was having a similar problem after replacing both the transmitting long range opto (switch # 82) and the original WMS opto board with the Homepin 24" replacement opto board it fixed the issue and the mist ball is playing perfectly again.

It was quite a journey for me to get the mist ball working properly and it is documented in detail in the following thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-won-t-load-mist-ball-at-start-of-game#post-5921845

The following thread goes into greater detail on the expected behavior of the mist ball and how it should react when starting a game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/153#post-6070782

It is a lot of information to digest and it may or may not assist you in your current issue, however I thought I would mention it.

Gord

#9444 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Does anyone make a decal that goes on the apron over the shooter lane?

Top row in the middle.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/BSD_Page.html

Gord

DSCN0352 (resized).JPGDSCN0352 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#9514 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohm:

It's the top of the flames that are hitting the glass on mine. I'll gladly trim the bottom if that means I can make them vertical, I just don't remember exactly how they're sitting.
Where did you get those switch covers, they look great.

I think what mcuzz was referencing is that by trimming the bottom of the lanterns then you can place them a bit lower on the tombstone so that the flames do not contact the glass.

Gord

2 weeks later
#9558 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Does anyone else have the BSD hologram? It’s not pinball related but a very cool collector piece. I also own Creature and it’s a similar type of hologram but actually better as the image doesn’t move like creature, it changes from Drac to werewolf to bat depending on the angle it’s viewed from.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is a pretty cool hologram. Are these available to purchase anywhere? That would look great on my game room wall.

Gord

2 weeks later
#9658 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

If I open the coin door during attract mode, fiddle around with the menu and then exit the menu the mistball on the right side of the playfield releases. Once it lands in the trough another ball gets cycled back up to the mist spot from the shooter lane.
I assume this is also normal?

This is what I discovered regarding the mist ball behavior at bootup for BSD.

Gord

#9663 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

If the ball is in the left mist slot of the playfield when a game finishes....is the magnet supposed to run to the left side and grab it out of the left slot and then drop it midway so it falls into the trough?
I ask because it just did this to me after the game ended.
Sorry for all the pestering questions. Thanks folks.

It should only do that if there is a ball in the castle lock lane upon startup of your BSD.

Gord

2 weeks later
#9710 1 year ago
Quoted from Zee:

Rebuilding my BSD and put in a post and rubber to secure the end of the plastic over the right bumper. when I tore it down for rebuilding, there was nothing there...the plastic just hung out in space under the coffin.
Does your machine have a post there?
[quoted image]

There is a small plastic that goes there. It is part of the complete BSD set and is tough to find as a single piece. See the photos below for the plastic installed in a BSD. The URL below contains a previous ad looking for this plastic.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-small-plastic-on-left-side-of-bsd-coffin-ramp

Gord

BSD_Small_Plastic (resized).jpgBSD_Small_Plastic (resized).jpg
BSD_Small_Plastic2 (resized).jpgBSD_Small_Plastic2 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#9825 1 year ago

For real? Barry actually said that? I might consider standard flippers if that's how the game was originally designed.

Scroll down to the 'Trivia' section towards the bottom of the following web page. According to this web page BSD shipped with the yellow lightning flippers, however BSD was designed to use the regular sized flippers. When BSD production games were shipped they shipped with the yellow lightning flippers in an effort to shorten ball times.

http://www.flippers.be/pinball/williams/bramstokersdracula/bram_stokers_dracula.html

Gord

1 month later
#9970 1 year ago
Quoted from amphicar4fun:

Hello. I think that's something else.
When I connect one of the 3 optos, being 71, 72 and 73, it brings one of the magnet switches, left, right or beam. Here I connected the castle opto and brought the left magnet switch. When I cut the castle opto, also acts on the magnet left switch.
Here the video:

A couple of years ago I had a problem with my BSD and the mist ball optos. Here is my journey to finally fixing my issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-won-t-load-mist-ball-at-start-of-game

I am not saying this is exactly like your issue, but it appears to be similar.

Gord

2 months later
#10205 11 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

My auto-plunger does not get the ball all the way to the drop target. It gets close, but dies out in the lanes up top. Any thoughts on how to increase the strength since this era didn't have coil strength settings?

I had a similar problem a while back. The following URL may prove helpful to you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/187#post-7078427

Gord

1 month later
#10421 9 months ago
Quoted from Bohm:

I don't have them on mine and initially I didn't want them, now I do. Missed out on a couple of deals on them now everything I see is expensive

I got mine from the Pinball Center back in 2012. I see that they no longer ship to the US. I have seen them on Ebay from time to time as well.

Gord

P1000667 (resized).JPGP1000667 (resized).JPG
P1000668 (resized).JPGP1000668 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#10481 8 months ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Well I have had my BSD for over a yr now and has been trouble free for the most part, but now I have encountered the dreaded Mist multiball issue. The ball stopped loading into the right pocket when the game is turned on and the magnet just continues to tram back and forth. I checked the optos, the left pocket activates in the switch test but the right does not. I have placed my order for some new optos, hopefully that does the trick.

Hopefully that fixes your issue. In the event that you are still having problems you may want to reference the following link which details all the steps that I took a few years ago to fix a similar issue on my BSD.

Gord

4 months later
#10885 4 months ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

Last little update on this one so I don't end up spamming the thread. I'll be doing a one time run of these early/mid next year. Anyone who is interested feel free to PM and I'll keep a list and reach out when there is somthing fully functional to consider.[quoted image]

This looks very promising. Please keep us BSD owners updated as this would be a nice mod to add.

Gord

1 week later
#10894 3 months ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

For those that asked for an update, someone is getting excited for their new home in 2024. Coffin clearance issues resolved. Fully opening. Semi transparent top inkeeping with the original design. [quoted image]

This is looking very promising. I look forward to following your continued progress on this BSD Coffin mod.

Gord

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 84.99
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GRB1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=GRB1959 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.