IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (10 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#332 10 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I joined the club today!

Welcome Rascal! Glad you were able to find one.

10 months later
#1298 10 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

BSD with my morning coffee today. Set my video mode to hard (Adjustments>Feature Adjustments>#24: a2.24 Video Mode Diff.). Lots o' fun. Definitely more of an adrenaline rush...

I changed mine a while back. After a couple years the video mode became boring. Now with the harder settings it is something you have to gear up for.

And I have to say GRRRRRRRRRR. Last night I was right there. First ball I had mist lit, 2 balls in the coffin, 2 balls in the castle and I was ready to rock the house. I was absolutely on fire... until Dracula burned me again. I got NOTHING started. Lit the castle for the third, lost the ball. The next two balls were just flail fests, and anyone that owns one knows that lack of control means death on this game. In about 20 seconds the entire thing was over and I was walking away swearing at the game. No other game I own has such high heights and such low depths, and sometimes it has them all in the same game. So close.

3 months later
#1754 9 years ago

Newpinowner, BSD is kind of a tough game to shop. Sometimes people take them apart, but have a bit of difficulty getting them back together correctly. Some things may look right, but not be correct. So more than other games, just assume the last guy may have done it wrong.

For the gummed up diverter, that may not be just the sleeve. It's possible to put the bracket that holds the coil in backwards. So look very closely at it as you are in there. If you just pop in the sleeve and it still rubs that is probably what happened in the past.

Same thing with anything around the coffin. The standoffs are easy to confuse to the point that you can't even put the glass back on over the coffin itself. When that happens someone in a hurry may have substituted the wrong posts just to get the glass on (that's what someone did to mine), which messes with the alignment.

It sounds like you are taking the right approach to get it all correct, but just make sure you are looking at how it is right now with a skeptical eye.

1 year later
#3503 7 years ago

After about 4 years of owning it, I pulled BSD out of the living room and moved it down to the basement gameroom. Holy crap, the change of scenery just brought the game alive again! I can't stop playing it! It feels like I just got it. Still a great game.

4 weeks later
#3536 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Does anyone know how to make Keanu speak?

I believe it is him saying "I feel like a blundering novice" as one of the quotes after a really crap game when you drain on the outlane.

4 years later
#7416 3 years ago

Goodbye old friend.

BSD was my grail game for a long time. I had been searching for one, and I kept finding copies that didn't quite do it for me. Sometimes it was wear, sometimes it was the way they played. Just something off. And then a friend told me about an ad for this one. That was about 10 years ago. I'm not even sure if the gentleman I bought it from is still alive (I hope he is because he was really nice). It was awesome because the rubber in it was so dry it had just snapped, leaving it totally unplayable. But it was in good solid shape, and pretty unfaded (a rare game). That was about 10 years ago.

This was the first "slightly complex" playfield I had torn down. And I got to learn a lot right out of the gate. The fun of putting it back together, and then realizing the glass couldn't be put on because I put the posts in the wrong spot under the coffin (yay).

But then the fun came. Once it was playing, I played and played. At one point a friend had come over and put a big score on it, and I spent almost a year trying to beat it (I did). I understand why some people think it is shallow, but it is perfect. Some people call it a One Trick Pony, but that trick is just amazing. In my mind, BSD ranks among the best games.

Unfortunately, as with every game. Time caught up to it. I didn't hit the start button as much. I'd play other games as it languished. And then the thrill was just gone. We all know this feeling. You are playing a game, but the love is gone. You're just going through the motions to get to "30 miiillllllllliiiion", but you aren't thrilled anymore. And then it is time for the game to go.

BSD left my house with its head held high. It's now on its way to torture someone else in their quest for hammering a stake into it. I exit this club thrilled by all the fun times this game provided to me over the last decade.

DSC_1384 (resized).jpgDSC_1384 (resized).jpg

#7420 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

Well said. This is the reason I removed all the games that I “owned in the past” in Pinside because once the game left my gameroom. I don’t want to look back.

I do the same thing. After they’re sold and totally gone, I drop them right out of my “owned in the past” list. They don’t matter, because I’d bring most of them back if I had infinite space.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=DaveH and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.