IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7039 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Not a set, but , I just bought sling and the plastic above the three targets in the middle of the play field from Macro.

How is the color on the slings I just bought a set of sling plastic off ebay and the color is terrible. They are like a very pale blue, more grey. Are the ones from Marco a nice blue that matches?

#7045 4 years ago

Here is my new compared to original

60CB2AC9-FB91-4FF5-BF21-2F0FDEA4EF08 (resized).jpeg60CB2AC9-FB91-4FF5-BF21-2F0FDEA4EF08 (resized).jpeg
#7047 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Yikes, that’s quite a difference. Like someone previously mentioned though - it’s way better than having a broken plastic.

Yeah that will teach me for using eBay, better than broken but not by much, I guess I'll give Marco a try they look better.

#7051 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, PPS & Jeff at Classic Arcades did a few runs of these (and sell on eBay) where the blue is off and the yellow border is way off (light yellow compared to the original dark mustard yellow). I’ve heard Marco plastics match pretty well.

Classic Arcades is the seller I got them from, do not recommend. I ordered them months ago but just got started on the project, if it wasn't so long ago I would be trying to get my money back.

1 week later
#7078 4 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get the wire for the right side magnet gate? Does anyone know the actual measurements for it and the correct gauge of wire?

#7081 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Is Marcos out of stock? They usually have it.

They were out of stock on the wire for the right gate but they had the assembly that is the wire and the bracket in stock so I ordered that. They sent me the right bracket and the left wire. Super frustrating as I only order from them as a last resort. To go to the entire hassle of ordering from them as a Canadian and end up with two parts I don't need and not get the one thing I do. Now I ordered their wire bending kit it costs more money. I have to go through the whole hassle again and then try and make the part myself.

If anyone has a BSD apart and can snap a few pics of the wire next to a ruler I would really appreciate it. Even better is if anyone has an extra shoot me a PM.

1 month later
#7133 4 years ago

Would love that shooter button art if your willing to share or sell. Pin looks amazing!!

4 weeks later
#7160 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Has anyone changed the lightning flippers to regular? How does it play?

I did and it plays great but I'm not very hardcore about scoring, I don't take it very serious so for me its much more enjoyable with regular flippers. It just feels way more natural. Especially going from machine to machine. Having different flippers on one of my machines made the first few games on or off it feel like a waste of time.

1 week later
#7193 4 years ago

Here is how mine looks. It’s never jumped over.
C6C749DC-7BF6-4B52-B48E-2408878BDF54 (resized).jpegC6C749DC-7BF6-4B52-B48E-2408878BDF54 (resized).jpegE4C978E2-94BD-4595-8E0A-3EB39B3D5801 (resized).jpegE4C978E2-94BD-4595-8E0A-3EB39B3D5801 (resized).jpeg

#7196 4 years ago

Maybe a weak spring on the coil and the ball rolls fast enough to push it down. Maybe just try and stretch it out a bit to make it stiffer.

#7197 4 years ago

This spring right here

36823B56-8FA9-4E2B-95ED-81129F2453EA (resized).jpeg36823B56-8FA9-4E2B-95ED-81129F2453EA (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#7246 4 years ago

I have mine all cleaned up and back together, really loving this pin.
This is how I got her:
20181211_193813 (resized).jpg20181211_193813 (resized).jpg
20181211_193828 (resized).jpg20181211_193828 (resized).jpg

Now she is playing great:
IMG_8362 (resized).JPGIMG_8362 (resized).JPG
IMG_8363 (resized).JPGIMG_8363 (resized).JPG
IMG_8359 (resized).JPGIMG_8359 (resized).JPG

IMG_8353 (resized).JPGIMG_8353 (resized).JPG
#7248 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Looks much better! You really need to get the original tombstone mod on there and brocks drac mod if you can get your hands on one!
Are those new decals with the better image or the add on decals?

New decals with the better image, you lose an little on the bottom but my corners still lined up real nice. My cabinet was in pretty bad shape, the front was completely separated and just nailed back together. I'll probable grab the tombstone but hoping I might be able to go in on with a couple people to save on shipping. The new Dracula is beautiful but personally I think its too nice for the rest of the pin so I'll just keep the hedgehog, it's kinda classic.

IMG_8368 (resized).JPGIMG_8368 (resized).JPG

#7250 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

You got it immamaculate?

I think you looking at the pictures in reverse She did clean up well but not immaculate. Kinda a mid level restore.

#7252 4 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Didn’t say immaculate it’s immamaculate! It was a throwback to the old Baywatch fs thread. Specifically the image of the game set up with no legs

Oh I didn’t get it, thought it was just a typo.

1 month later
#7279 3 years ago

It's real easy to just use a 12V LED strip. I initially had a cool white in mine but switched it to red. I would just use a strip and save the time and effort, it looks way better as well. I have a color DMD in mine but did not tap into the 24 Opto that seems weird.

#7282 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

So you're using the original +20V that powered the flash lamp board?

I just took the socket from a 555 LED and wired the strip into it and plugged it into the board. I think you can just wire a strip right into the plug that normally goes into the board.

From the post above I should have done that I never thought to do two.

P.S. One other thing, when I did a 12v white strip it kinda blinked on and off, I used a RGB strip just soldered to the red it kinda fades and matches the voice better, I recommend that you use a dimmable strip.

1 month later
#7331 3 years ago

I think you need to detail what you mean by mist assembly, there are a lot of parts that make mist work. If your talking everything above and below the playfield my guess is it's unobtainable. If you have everything and you looking to sell you probable have a lot more luck breaking it up then try and sell the whole thing as one. I can't imagine anyone needing everything unless they are trying to add it to hobby machine or something.

#7339 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

If you have a link to your favourite rule cards for BSD let's have 'em!

These are what I used sorry don't know the original author to give him credit.

Left (resized).pngLeft (resized).pngRight (resized).pngRight (resized).png
2 weeks later
#7384 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Nearly finished my custom Gothic edition...
Playing now but need to finish top mechs, pinsound and shaker mixes and some odds and ends.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Moving the insert for the moon and adding the wolf is such a nice touch, don't suppose you sell that mod in colour?

#7387 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Thanks guys.
I made a new backboard for the new design and mounted a white round insert. So a fair bit of work.
The decal should not be an issue in colour. I guess you could drill a hole in and original backboard and just move the lamp over?

I would love to buy the decal in colour or just pay you for the art and print it myself. Is the decal transparent with the wolf on it or did you cut out a spot for the insert and add the wolf to the insert. It's a genius mod always annoyed me that the inset is tucked in behind the way it is. Did you use the original insert or buy one?

1 month later
#7425 3 years ago

She looks good in black, I’ve been tempted to do this to mine but the purist in me just can’t pull the trigger. Those red wire forms are sweet too.

2 months later
#7519 3 years ago

Mine is also a reimport and has the exact same wire in the same spot so it seems correct.

1 month later
#7582 3 years ago

Does anyone know how to trigger this scene? It occurs during multiball or possible stacked multiball. The carriage goes across the screen and lightning flashes. I'm trying to fix a possible bug in the coloring but this scene is super hard to make occur. I can only get it when I have a really great game and would love to be able to see it with the glass off.
Thanks

#7584 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I think you complete the target bank when in Castle multiball. That or go into the asylum during mb.

You right it was the target bank, then every sling or pop triggers the lightning. You saved me a lot of time really appreciate it, thanks.

#7590 3 years ago
Quoted from Staf:

in the magnet test , just push start .

How did I not know this, thanks for the info.

1 week later
#7602 3 years ago

Mine has the Sun Process playfield and it looks great but those inserts are slightly darker. I have to admit I never noticed it, yours looks good by comparison. The camera is exaggerating how dark they are. I would check which playfield the one your interested in has. They can plank pretty bad, also check up where the ball lands off the shooter ramp they can be damaged up there as well.
BSD (resized).jpgBSD (resized).jpg

1 week later
#7632 3 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Does anyone in the USA have a decent, not necessarily perfect, pair of BSD slingshot plastics and/or the center bank plastic they'd sell me? I know Marco has them, but looking for some a little cheaper if possible. Thanks!!

I’m not in the US but I have a set. They are kinda off color. I guess some playfields are lighter grey and some more blue. I eventually found a set that matched better so you can have them for the cost to ship. Regular mail is probably not enough to even bother with the transfer but if you want to pay for tracking we can figure it out.

6440BEBE-D25E-49B9-B61D-2CE11F918DE9 (resized).jpeg6440BEBE-D25E-49B9-B61D-2CE11F918DE9 (resized).jpegEEA1F432-7A69-4734-9DAE-429D82F32983 (resized).jpegEEA1F432-7A69-4734-9DAE-429D82F32983 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#7669 3 years ago

You may need to trim the black border a little.

Left.pngLeft.pngRight.pngRight.png

#7674 3 years ago

I decided to update those images so here are the new ones the correct size to print One has red titles I did all the text but it was a illegible were it overlapped the girl.

BSD (resized).pngBSD (resized).pngBSD Red Titles (resized).pngBSD Red Titles (resized).png
1 week later
#7679 3 years ago

First I do have regular size flippers on my machine but I finally managed to stack all three multiballs and crack a billion. Man I love this game.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
3 weeks later
#7771 3 years ago

You haven't really been a member of the club until you have to deal with opto issues. I love this pin but man that system did not age well.

2 weeks later
#7844 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Who likes the Prototypes sling plastics?

If I could find a kit with the posts and plastics combined I would probably buy them. They just don't matter enough to me to make multiple orders. I guess to be honest I don't get the hype. People act like they are this weird rare item but it's probably more rare not to have them these days.

#7852 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

What does a ColorDmd look like with the Red tinted speaker Panel?

This would be pointless it would look red.

#7854 3 years ago

I was going to hold the original up in front of my clear one with color but I don't know where it ended up. You could probably cut the red section out. As long as uses a nice straight edge and maybe a dremel, it would probably come out ok. Way easier to just drop the $100 and grab a clear panel from ebay.

2 weeks later
#7902 3 years ago

Mine has decals but they are very well done I thought it was printed at first but when you hit it with some direct light you can see the edges. My guess is people think it's printed but they are all decals.

1 week later
#7928 3 years ago

I did not sure how well you can see in these pics. In person the blue is way more subtle it just gives it a bit of depth. I original had more LEDs but they over saturated it so I went with incandescent with the browns and reds in the bottom half.

248C5CB1-1BD0-4A08-8702-4A3E10B497F6 (resized).jpeg248C5CB1-1BD0-4A08-8702-4A3E10B497F6 (resized).jpeg
0A7998BA-594D-41EF-AE72-5E4E552933A1.jpeg0A7998BA-594D-41EF-AE72-5E4E552933A1.jpeg
52FB3B3B-9F66-4014-B0BC-FA542B116E83.jpeg52FB3B3B-9F66-4014-B0BC-FA542B116E83.jpeg

#7941 2 years ago

My general rule is cool white with blues, warm with red, orange and yellow. Since BSD has both Sunlight is the correct answer.

#7943 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Always looks the best… but definitely some irony in that sunlight will destroy Dracula.

I totally did not catch that.

1 week later
1 week later
#8009 2 years ago

I don’t think they are as glossy as the radcals but there is a set out there with the art touched up. The wolf looks so much better. You can still the pin next in the line up. It’s no Dialed In though.

4927CE77-010C-4DEA-AD4C-FC8D01E429CC (resized).jpeg4927CE77-010C-4DEA-AD4C-FC8D01E429CC (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#8097 2 years ago

When I did mine I recall that post being too tall. I ended up changing it one that was shorter so it lined up better.

9FC35429-0E0C-48A1-B661-894728B0F601 (resized).jpeg9FC35429-0E0C-48A1-B661-894728B0F601 (resized).jpegA0DE7AAC-6D29-4949-B4E9-6B3C9868EE68 (resized).jpegA0DE7AAC-6D29-4949-B4E9-6B3C9868EE68 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#8123 2 years ago

I find balls a big factor as well, when I restored mine I put in the super shiny high gloss balls. They magnetized so quick and it really increased how often the balls swapped or got stuck together. Changed back to the less shiny but more magnet friendly balls and have way less issues.

1 week later
#8152 2 years ago

My poor data plan

1 week later
#8192 2 years ago

The orange pops with clear is super interesting, not sure if I hate it or I love it. Can't wait to see how you light it.

1 month later
#8306 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Does anyone have a spare clear coffin cover that they don't need or know of where I can source one? I have the tinted cover and it is too dark and also a little melted on one side. Thanks for any help.

I honestly thought these are everywhere, I see why you are having trouble it's weird that everyone is out of stock.

#8337 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

So it looks like I'm grabbing a Bram Stoker's Saturday! A nice one too!
What are the best mods?
I was planning to get the Color LED DMD until I learned that you have to buy a new speaker panel for 100.00 USD! Not worth it to me now!

I am a little biased but ColorDMD on BSD is really good and worth the additional effort. There are tutorials around to use a cleaning product to remove the red from the panel, it will save you some money but takes more time.

#8355 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I think the color DMD ruins the feel / Aura of this game, I’m sticking to original

Lot's of people prefer things stock nothing wrong with that. I don't like the coffin mod, it looks great but it looks kinda too good for the rest of the pin. The hedgehog is just kinda classic. I love the alternate backglass and ColorDMD, the choice of colors just matches perfectly for me. That is what is so great of having pins at home do them up as little or as much as you like.

1 month later
#8527 2 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Taking the glass off would not help in getting thru 10 video modes - would be good to start them. I sure would like to know if the car washing is true, though.

I played a lot of wolf modes when I was doing some minor fixes in the coloring for ColorDMD. My guess is its not true but I never actually counted to see how many I did in a row. I did play a crazy amount of them when testing though.

#8529 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I updated my color DMD recently and read the update but didn't really see anything noticeable. Can you elaborate ?

The original color was awesome. There is just so much randomness in pinball there are situations that a frame will appear white. A frame being the blink on eye. I’m just kinda OCD and once I see that uncolored frame I see it every time. I just went through and cleaned up a bunch of little issues. There was one mode when you are in castle multi ball and hit every target a carriage rolls across the screen. That scene was uncolored in certain cases. Almost all the updates were areas that are very rarely seen or transitions between modes. Another one was if you enable low volume in the menu than reduce the volume less than eight the volume control would be uncolored. The blood drip on the score display is very random so rarely with really big or really small scores and just the right drip of blood it might blink white. Entering your initials could rarely be uncolored. In general there should be no noticeable change.

I did hunt through every last nook and cranny of the display so I thought I would have found the scene if it existed.

1 week later
#8591 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

That green light thing bothered me for the longest time

I used flex LEDs so the shine up and exactly where I want.

#8622 2 years ago

If it’s from BSD it could be 12v meant for the Love Never Dies flashers.

1 year later
#9784 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Yeah I do agree. It's kind of impossible to go back once you have the Color DMD haha. Feels organic to the original machine too, like it was always meant to be that way. I'm in the minority, but I like the LED version, as a good balance of old school / new school vibe. Saves a little $ too

BSD is super well done and I completely agree it just feels like it was meant to be in color. Team LED all the way.

8 months later
#10555 7 months ago

There is middle ground on subs, I have a couple of the Polk subs and they are basically just above straight from China knock off stuff. That being said they work just fine in a pin with a standard sound card. I just search for used subs there are so many available that are way better quality and very inexpensive. You could get 5-10 subs that sound great for $1000, online marketplaces are full of home theater speakers. Dropping a G on sub for a pin is insanity.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=Darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.