IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#548 10 years ago

I'm currently working on BSD myself. Man, it was horrendously dirty!

image.jpgimage.jpg image2.jpgimage2.jpg

#550 10 years ago

Route beater. It's going to be a nice player's game. Hasn't been on location since 2011 and even then it was in sorry half-working condition.

#559 10 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

What color to powder coat the legs on mine?
NOT RED
Blue, Purple or Black?

You kind of answered your own question there.

#564 10 years ago

Where would be the best place to find mylar in general?

#579 10 years ago

I noticed low voltage on the emitter opto for the beam going across the playfield for Mist Multiball. I was getting about 7 volts where it should have been 12. This caused the opto to register closed and the game to constantly run the magnet because it thinks there is a ball somewhere in that path. I'm re-capping the daughter opto board to the right underneath the playfield, I believe it uses 2 30v 100uf caps. Check your opto emitter voltage. The 12v power supply is unregulated so the game probably relies on these opto boards to smoothen out any remaining ripple in the supply.

1 week later
#616 10 years ago

Well we recapped the board but it got to where it didn't notice the switch closure tested with a good receiver. I found someone who sold theirs, hope that does it.

#621 10 years ago

Solenoid dust!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#637 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Yea. Rides in that slot with very little adjustability.

And that's why I figured adjustability wouldn't be a problem.

#645 10 years ago

Perhaps a weird bug? Are you running the latest CPU ROM?

#649 10 years ago

Just finished the project! It's going straight back to location, where it was back in 2011 only in a dirty half-working state.

image-783.jpgimage-783.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-678.jpgimage-678.jpg

#653 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Looks good. I guess you got mist working right. Did you replace the opto board or did the new caps fix the problem?
Patiently waiting for the new board to arrice from Austrailia...not really that patient.

Yeah we fixed the mist motor which needed some adjustment. Not sure why my board is taking so long, the guy who pulled it from his game says he shipped... I'm dying to play it (pun intended)!

#656 10 years ago
Quoted from nthack:

I got a bit carried away when replacing parts and cleaning my BSD. My record keeping wasn't as good as it should have been and my memory is poor as well. I have these parts which I'm not sure where they go. I'm sure someone can help a novice. Many thanks in advance.

Here they are. The little triangle looking piece fits over the right mist trail opto to the left of the shooter lane.

fr_806.jpgfr_806.jpgfr_773.jpgfr_773.jpgfr_816.jpgfr_816.jpgfr_835.jpgfr_835.jpg

#665 10 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

pretty sure that goes above the coffin ramp. If you screw it down too tight balls will get hung up on it.

This. I had to actually raise the coffin up because it was pushing the plastic cover too low and hanging balls.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#668 10 years ago

Surely someone else besides HP has these boards right? Fortunately I was able to get mine going again. I will be selling the old nonworking one for parts if anyone is interested.

Also, someone made some great instruction cards!

image-694.jpgimage-694.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg
#674 10 years ago

I laminate them with sheets from Wal-Mart. Looks great and they won't wear!

1 year later
#2964 8 years ago

Dang, guess who finally stacked all 3 multiballs? And I wasn't even trying!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2966 8 years ago

You can buy these straight from Cliff. Send him an email, I'm sure he has them in stock.

2 weeks later
#2983 8 years ago

Granted, I did remove the lightning bats because I prefer originals better.

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

1 month later
#3073 8 years ago

Since I have an HD camcorder with 30x zoom I got inspired by the artful camera shots in various Williams promo videos. Compare my video to the Williams version. I had quite a bit of fun shooting and editing it. I choreographed the flow to give the illusion of playing 2 balls of a typical game of Drac. 16 minutes of video edited down to 3 and a half minutes. Someone else did this with another game but I can't find the thread for it. The video was shot in a nearly dark room and turned out fantastic.

#3077 8 years ago

These bats are original per Williams design spec. Thanks for the comments. I tried to make it look pretty convincing!

#3080 8 years ago

Haha yeah, seems the double mist ball happens more than one would expect.

#3083 8 years ago

A lot of confusion over these lightning flippers. Many people say a French operator with heavy influence in the market suggested they be installed to improve revenue by shortening ball times. I agree the game must not have been designed with these in mind, as it's much more enjoyable and shots are more satisfying/more consistent. But nobody has concrete evidence to prove one theory over another that I know of.

#3094 8 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I worked there and can and have verified this and told the story numerous times over the years. It was a French distributor/operator though, not just an operator. He put them on all the games over there. He talked sales/marketing here to do it for a while and the games that were victims of them mostly suffered for it (Dr. Who, BSD, Fish Tales, though Fish Tales still earned well and sold well).
Dracula was supposed to have full sized, blood red flippers and was designed around them. It was changed when the game hit the line to those stupid lightning flippers which made an already hard game even harder and it earned less, not more. The manual even has the blood red flippers listed in the parts list as they never changed the manuals since they were already printed at that point.

According to the flyer, this is true.

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 month later
#3187 8 years ago

Shot with my Sony camera at 60fps. Features mist and castle multiballs.

#3190 8 years ago

That's actually a SmartDMD. Think I'll try the PinDMD once kits/parts are officially available.

5 years later
#7976 2 years ago

My Dracula is very dusty coming straight off route. It's the last game I installed standard rubbers on in 2013. After using Titan silicone rings for many years, it's like looking at the back of the fridge and forgetting about "that." Just when you think you've rid yourself of all that bad, chalky, dusty, crumbly rubber.

It plays fine. The plan was to give it a good clean and rotate it to a different location for tournament play. But NOPE! The prisoner looks up at those dry, cracked lane guide rubber rings in sadness. Curse you, gum rubber.

DSC_2259 (resized).JPGDSC_2259 (resized).JPGDSC_2262 (resized).JPGDSC_2262 (resized).JPG

#7981 2 years ago

More filth!

DSC_2294 (resized).JPGDSC_2294 (resized).JPGDSC_2295 (resized).JPGDSC_2295 (resized).JPG
#7983 2 years ago

Good riddance to rubber and hello Titan silicone!

#7989 2 years ago

I just finished cleaning all the solenoids and re-sleeving all the coils which took me about a full day. The up/down solenoid for the upper right ramp diverter is especially tricky. I had to break the lip off of the old sleeve to get it past the rear of the bracket because there was so little available movement for the coil. I got that one done, but it was an adventure. Also, if your jet bumper seems weak or kicks to one side for some reason, check the orientation of the yokes on the solenoid. One of mine had the yokes both on the same side, and I fixed it by stacking the metal and fiber yokes in opposite facing directions as the manual shows. This resolved the issue and now the bumper is strong and consistent.

#7992 2 years ago

You have to replace the speaker panel. The plastic itself that the artwork is screened on to is actually red.

#8013 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

What color Titans do you have? I’m thinking Red.

I use white on all the rings, but do use color and black on posts.

1 week later
#8030 2 years ago

Putting on my Cliffy protectors. The video lock protector for my SP playfield is a little off, but I was able to flex it a little and make it work without screwing up the entrance to the scoop.

DSC_2310 (resized).JPGDSC_2310 (resized).JPGDSC_2311 (resized).JPGDSC_2311 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#8060 2 years ago

The game is 90% done. Will be ready to rock in a bar very soon!

_20210606_174904 (resized).JPG_20210606_174904 (resized).JPG
#8062 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Hope ya got new plastics for the slings!

It's not a priority.

#8065 2 years ago

It's a commercially operated player's game on a route, lol. It's going to have the crap played out of it by a bunch of slightly drunk regulars who love having a pinball machine available at all. There's a repair budget, and there's a restoration budget. Stuff will break over the next year so replacing something minor like cosmetic plastics is pointless.

#8069 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

It's all good man.Just bustin your balls! Glad to see your keeping the game going!

Sorry for any misunderstanding. I appreciate the feedback! I should have it done this week.

#8075 2 years ago

It lives!!

_20210609_184822 (resized).JPG_20210609_184822 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#8114 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

It almost sounds as if you have a ball in the Castle lock lane when you turn the game on. The URL below may help you out as to the proper behavior of the Mist multi-ball.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/153#post-6070782
Gord

This was the exact behavior I saw after shopping my game out. Turns out I forgot to reconnect the cubical 9 pin(?) connector for the castle lock optos. After doing that, the issue disappeared. The CPU was thinking there was a ball in the castle lock.

1 week later
#8148 2 years ago
Quoted from ky-pin:

can anyone tell me how tall this hex post is? it is under the right side building
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for using my shop out photos. Glad to know they help.

1 week later
#8194 2 years ago

We set up Dracula at the local bar today.

DSC_2380 (resized).JPGDSC_2380 (resized).JPGDSC_2381 (resized).JPGDSC_2381 (resized).JPG

3 months later
#8640 2 years ago

The bar set the mood for Halloween so Dracula fits right in!

DSC_2548 (resized).JPGDSC_2548 (resized).JPG
DSC_2547 (resized).JPGDSC_2547 (resized).JPG

1 year later
#10048 1 year ago
Quoted from Crash:

The bar set the mood for Halloween so Dracula fits right in!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

They put on more googly eyes!

DSC_3307 (resized).JPGDSC_3307 (resized).JPGDSC_3308 (resized).JPGDSC_3308 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=Crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.