New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 29878)

Bram Stokers Dracula Club....Welcome to the Carpathians

By shacklersrevenge

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,510 posts
  • 620 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PinballWizard666
  • Topic is favorited by 243 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,341 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
BSD01 (resized).jpg
097325fd00492438923e621018ba9ac7a7d7e45e (resized).jpg
IMG_8258 (resized).JPG
Resized_20200816_205943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0388 (resized).jpg
IMG_0387 (resized).jpg
448746-i (resized).jpg
20200714_162825 (resized).jpg
bsd001 (resized).jpg
bsd003 (resized).jpg
bsd002 (resized).jpg
BSD Score (resized).jpg
D13759A0-40C3-4579-AEEE-E113D7FE453B (resized).jpeg
808B0692-1345-4644-BA30-276CDB3496C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (7 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (7 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (7 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (7 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (7 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#689 6 years ago

Finally got a BSD. Made a trade with a great pinsider up in Allentown, PA.

Thanks, Jeff!

Looking forward to shopping it out... it plays well already.

#693 6 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

anyone know where i can get lightning flippers? i need a few

I found some on ebay a week or two ago. Just keep your eyes peeled. They do come up.

#697 6 years ago

I just finished shopping out my new BSD... added in LEDs for the blue and red effect. Came out looking spectacular!

It's a fairly tough machine to shop... gave me a much greater appreciation of it's simple complexities!

#699 6 years ago

Easy fix... I'll bet you screwed this plastic piece down too tight...

All you have to do is take the back of the coffin off and you can gain access to it. Either loosen it OR add a washer as a spacer.

140706-i.jpg
#701 6 years ago

All you need to do is take the very top screw off of the headstone plastic... take that off... and you'll have access to the two screws that hold that plastic piece down. No need to take the whole coffin off. Make your adjustments... screw the headstone back on and you should be good to go.

I had the same exact issue and this fix worked for me... I think the same will probably be true for you

1 week later
#753 6 years ago

White was the original color... at least according to marco.

1 month later
#837 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I don't own one, but played two last week. Spent about an hour on one at a friends house. WOW. I loved it, but it is like FT, hard and brings you to your knees. For people that own it, once you get the three multiballs stacked a few times does the game get boring? How long would/does it last in your collection?

It's like any other game... Once you master... Make it more difficult!

1 month later
#1009 6 years ago

I had posted this in a separate thread...but am still looking for some brainstorming. My BSD has a ghost in the machine, so to speak:

Once every 40 games or so, if a ball hits the center or left target on the stand-up bank straight up the middle, the game will start randomly (and quickly) handing out rewards (such as a coffin ramp hit, a rat hole hit, video lane hit... sometimes the dungeon (upper left scoop) hit...). Then, just as quickly as it started, it stops and the game goes back to normal play.

I've had the glass off...can't get it to recreate. Put it in switch test and banged around... nothing. I've also looked under the play field...can't seem to find any loose wires or shorts.

Anyone have any thoughts?

#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

All of those awards are opto hits, except the coffin ramp, unless it's the coffin hole opto that's causing it and the game is smart enough to detect that as a malfunctioning ramp lift and award the ramp instead of the lock.
Look into everything that controls the optos. Seems like it would be a board issue since it's not related to a single opto.

But triggered by the stand-up targets?

#1013 6 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

You didn't mention that in the other thread and that is a huge clue. See the other thread (since it's more on topic) for a possible solution.

So it could be any one of the targets along the chain?

#1021 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Since it's so sporadic, I would suggest that it's not just these targets that cause the issue...these targets are probably hit more so it would seem that the issue is only with them.
Take a look at the switch matrix to get an idea of what might be the issue.
There are a lot of places where there may be a wire touching something else...playfield, harness backbox...maybe even a bad connector on the backbox.
Since you have pounded on the playfield with no results, that itself is a clue.
Robert

I've given the underside of the playfield a really close check...I'll revisit it and then move to the back box

4 weeks later
#1141 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I had posted this in a separate thread...but am still looking for some brainstorming. My BSD has a ghost in the machine, so to speak:
Once every 40 games or so, if a ball hits the center or left target on the stand-up bank straight up the middle, the game will start randomly (and quickly) handing out rewards (such as a coffin ramp hit, a rat hole hit, video lane hit... sometimes the dungeon (upper left scoop) hit...). Then, just as quickly as it started, it stops and the game goes back to normal play.
I've had the glass off...can't get it to recreate. Put it in switch test and banged around... nothing. I've also looked under the play field...can't seem to find any loose wires or shorts.
Anyone have any thoughts?

Just wanted to update everyone on this... I solved the mystery. It turned out to be a faulty matrix chip (the ULN2803) which is located just below the batteries on the MPU board. After looking through all the switches on the playfield, checking diodes, loose wires, etc... I switched MPU boards with my TZ (changing ROMs, of course). The issue completely disappeared.

So, I ordered a new 80-cent ULN2803 chip from Pinbits... put it on the BSD MPU board and the game is back in business.

Subsequently, and totally unrelated, my DMD board crapped out. The power section needs rebuilding.

But, if anyone starts to see some strange behaviors (like I experienced) in their machine, keep that ULN2803 chip in the back of their mind. It could very well be the problem!

Special thanks to Gaz (over in Australia) and Chris Hibler for taking the time to think about this issue... their help was key and very appreciated!

2 weeks later
#1236 6 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Yeah, they all seem to be coming from one spot. I will check the connectors again. Maybe undo them all and reconnect just to make sure. I never thought about actually testing the fuse with a meter, makes more sense. The guy who's coming out seems to think that 12v isn't getting there for some reason, but as far as I can tell so far in looking, the black and grey/yellow (I think that's what it was), seems to be in good condition everywhere I've been able to trace it to.
I'll have to open it up and have another good look. I can survive without it until mon or tues but I'd sure rather be playing. I felt like I was just starting to get a bit more control and not spaz out and just slap the flippers like they'd offended me. lol

If they are all in the same matrix, sounds to me like you have a broken wire somewhere. Possibly a short... Check for continuity.

#1238 6 years ago

I've had a wire break for an opto in the castle... you'll have to use the matrix as your guide and give each point a good visual inspection (along with establishing continuity)

1 month later
#1390 6 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Fantastic game yes, but easy to shop? I haven't shopped many, but I'm almost done with BSD right now and it's the hardest I've done (that includes STTNG). Everything is so layered...maybe it's just me though because I do it in sections rather than stripping the entire playfield at once. All I know is I don't ever want to shop a BSD again

I thought it was a fairly tough shop also. If anything, it's way more complicated than it first appears!

4 months later
#1956 6 years ago

C

Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:So I have a new problem as of today when I was going to go try to fix my shooter coil hahha. When I went to turn on the game only half of the GI comes on! The whole lower half is out. It was working fine last time I had it on. I put in LEDs a few days ago, maybe that has something to do with it?

Check the connectors on the power board. Could just be getting crisply or need a reset. If they look good, check continuity...maybe you broke a wire when you were installing LEDs...

8 months later
#2592 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyson1868:

Any news on reproduction ramps for BSD? Starship fantasy was supposed to make last I heard?

They are saying it's on their list to have done in 2015 (Starship Fantasy)

8 months later
#3236 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

I Finally installed my new painted village and Castle. I also put a warm Yellow led strip in The village and make holes in lots of Windows.
It looks like there is people living in It lighted by candles.
It' sur really subtle. I had fun making It!

I use black balls in my BSD, too.... perfect pin for them!

Screen_Shot_2016-02-10_at_2.12.46_PM_(resized).png

2 months later
#3337 4 years ago

#3340 4 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Joined the club yesterday! Pulled this out of a home where it's been for 15+ years. Cabinet is near perfect, inside and boards are super clean. I stripped down the playfield today, a little damage from where the launched ball lands, but should clean up nice!

bsd2_(resized).jpg

A lot of BSD play fields have a ding where the ball launches. Nice find!

#3342 4 years ago

Probably should have posted in this group...

Having a little issue with bounce outs...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-weird-pop-out-on-right-wire-frame

2 weeks later
#3358 4 years ago
Quoted from roachmcguirk:

The lights under the graveyard on my BSD dont seem to be getting full power. The leds all blink but very faintly. Has anybody experienced this and knows an easy fix?

Check your connectors in the backbox...that's step one. Look to see if they're crispy or perhaps just loose. Also check your bulbs. Are they tight in the sockets?

1 week later
#3373 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I think some of the tourney players like to get multiball before starting Bats. It helps to ensure the full 50 but you'd want to do it on ball 1. Otherwise I try to keep feeding the pops in single ball. The best way is by hitting the right orbit.

Another way to do it is qualify coffin locks... Then start bats... That gives you two shots to the right with direct feed to the pops

1 week later
#3400 4 years ago

I have a weird issue... on my third castle lock the game just sits 15 seconds until a ball search kicks-in and eventually starts castle multi-ball.

I checked the optos in the castle...all three are working and register.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

#3402 4 years ago

Will do

#3405 4 years ago

I checked all switches and optos. Everything seems to be working. :-/

Cleaned the optos (which appeared to be clean, overall)

I guess I'll need to spend some time with the glass off to see if I can replicate the issue. Perhaps Taylor is right... Maybe the 3rd castle lock was in a bad position.

2 weeks later
#3451 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

I am looking at putting lightning flippers on. Would black or yellow look the best? I am leaning towards black flippers with red rubber. Does anyone have pictures?

I put black on mine and it looks downright sinister!

#3460 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

SP (Sun Process) vs LS (Lenc Smith). SP is what you want ideally. I suppose I will clear coat my backup playfield.

Is this a proven fact with an overwhelming sample size? I'm 99% sure I have an LS PF on mine... I'm pretty sure it doesn't have planking.

1 week later
#3479 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

I have these-pinballpt.com on my BSD and they look great.

Can you take some pics?

I'm a little hesitant to stick decals on... I put some decals from another brand on a game...didn't like them...and they ripped off paint and slivers of wood when I pulled them off...

#3483 4 years ago

Look the same to me

#3488 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Dude... Your game is Gorgeous!
Now if I can only find one for myself

Agreed... your game looks absolutely sick! Love the look of the black mirror blades...painted buildings.

A+ stuff, right there.

2 months later
#3668 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

quickie q here:
one of my pops is out. doesn't fire in test. solder looks good. should i try re-soldering anyway?

Test wire continuity. Check fuse. Reseat connector.

If fuse is blown... Check gap on the leaf switch under pop.

If those things all check out, follow BigD advice... Start looking at Tip. That driver may have blown. If so, you'll need to replace driver and associated pre-driver

#3670 4 years ago

Yes.

Power off

#3678 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

female-female most likely. Not sure the size, but I think front and back are different. It's somewhere in the thread, I think.

1" female/ male

Search in thread and you'll find the link

#3679 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

might be a problem...

If you have a good solder sucker and soldering station, you can do this yourself. If you don't, contact Chris Hibler through pinside and ship your board to him. Super reliable and good price

#3681 4 years ago

He does everything...shoot him a PM.

#3684 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

all this will make me appreciate it more when it's working 100%. next time i know i need a flashlight. i couldn't see shit in that guy's basement.

Don't beat yourself up too much. It happens. I got royally screwed once by a guy that straight up lied all the way through our parking lot exchange at Allentown. Love and learn.

#3699 4 years ago

^^^. Yup. Really comes down to which theme you like more. Both offer short games on average. Pretty much the exact opposite of LOTR!

3 months later
#3927 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I have a weird issue... on my third castle lock the game just sits 15 seconds until a ball search kicks-in and eventually starts castle multi-ball.
I checked the optos in the castle...all three are working and register.
Anyone else experience anything like this?

Quoted from 27dnast:

I checked all switches and optos. Everything seems to be working. :-/
Cleaned the optos (which appeared to be clean, overall)
I guess I'll need to spend some time with the glass off to see if I can replicate the issue. Perhaps Taylor is right... Maybe the 3rd castle lock was in a bad position.

Wanted to close the loop on this. Turned out to be a broken wire on opto switch 53. It registered in switch test mode when moving a ball through the castle lock area on a magnet extender. But, it soon became apparent that if I rolled the ball down the wire form into the castle area, the machine would only register optos 54 and 55... not 53. Closer inspection of the wiring revealed the wire was broken/desoldered but still barely touching. Why it registered with the ball on the end of the extender, but not when rolled is a mystery to me.

Anyhow, wanted to get this info logged into the collective database.

1 week later
#4023 3 years ago

Honestly.. I think that distinction is overhyped. I've seen great examples of both.

1 week later
#4214 3 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Hi all! Per my earlier post I am looking for a few items for my BSD. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Plastics:
1. Center plastic above the 3 targets
2. Top right long thin plastic next to the hole
3. Small triangle(ish) shaped plastic by the coffin entrace
Pics of all 3 attached. Seems these are all the common broken ones...
Note, I'd prefer to find these in the US or at least from one source if overseas.
I also need info regarding some hex spacers:
Length for bottom of village
Length for the 4 pieces to mount the prototype sling plastics (and any additional hardware)
One more question:
I have a spot from magnet burn. It got me thinking about the fuses added to Addams Family to prevent this. Is there no fuse on BSD's magnet? If not, is there a kit or where to add one so this doesn't happen again?

You can find #1 and #3 via Pinball Eu or the Australian pinball sites...

From my experience, you're going to need a ton of luck finding #2. I found one from a collector that had on NOS...but its tough to find otherwise.

#4215 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not really bc dimly/lightly flickering inserts are annoying to look at imoand can confuse my non pinball friends on what to shoot for.

LOL. "Confuse my non pinball friends on what to shoot for"???? My friend, non pinball friends can't even figure out how to press start let alone even realize that a game has specific things they need to shoot for...

Truth

#4217 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Guess my friends are much smarter than yours then lol.... they come by a good bit and end up playing , so they know whats going on. Most people know to shoot for the blinking lights (or at least id hope so) and when things are blinking that are not supposed to be things dont happen .

Well... not sure about that. Smarts are variable, I guess. My friends (the vast majority fall in the "non pinhead" category) could care less about pins, let alone blinking lights. All are surprised that a game has rules, let alone realizing that there are blinking lights

#4221 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep all my friends i grew up with really dont care but it seems when they come over thats where they end up lol. I just tell them to aim for the blinking lights and what the game tells u to and they seem to have lots of fun. I think eventually some may be interested in purchasing a pin which is awesome. Also lots of family over this week and they were very impressed with the pins and many other things after i explained things to them. Cld be our friends are drastically different ages who knows.... i was joking about the smarter thing in case u didn't see the lol...

A lot is lost in translation on the net... I was just joking too... don't take my comments too seriously.

1 month later
#4388 3 years ago

Hoping someone in the club can help me dig though these issues:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-some-help-with-bsd-voltages#post-3647076

I thought I had corrected my opto problems... not the case, it seems

#4394 3 years ago

Is this one of the original plastics? Or a mod? The one that goes at the top of the coffin ramp?

#4409 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So buyer for my red w/gold flakes powder coated wireforms, side rails, and legs backed out. They are back available if anyone is interested in trading their regular wireforms for them.

Is there a way to have them dipped to removed the powder coat?

#4420 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

gents, the shooter lane plastic guard, at the top of the mistball ramp, should that be oriented towards the back or the front?
just got mine in the mail.

Can you take a pic once installed? I'm not sure my game has one of these...

10 months later
#5039 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Mine kicked my ass tonight...some good shots though. Man, this game is fast as hell all the time.
Had a credit dot, and then it disappeared. Haven't turned it on in a few weeks, so the switches definitely needed a workout. Every time I take a break from this pin and then come back to it, I remember why it's so awesome. Did I mention it kicked my ass?
» YouTube video

Colson... those speaker lights in your game. Are the pulsating?

#5041 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yup...like a heartbeat. It's one of the settings...thought it was fitting.

What kind of lights are you using?

1 year later
#6549 1 year ago

Started a thread about differences between difficulty options in European vs US menu systems (noted in BSD Manual). Thought some BSD owners might be interested. More importantly, thought some BSD owners might have some knowledge to drop!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/germany-wanted-those-williams-games-to-be-harder-really#post-5060440

#6550 1 year ago

I am searching for an original printed BSD Instructions card. Anyone have one in good condition that they'd part with?

1 month later
#6699 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Soak them in your cleaner of choice. I like Purple Power degreaser. Then scrub with a red Scotchbrite pad.

bryan_kelly have you found that some flipper runners fit lightning bats more tightly than others? I love the lightning flippers, but it seems like the rubber is just a tad more dead than rubber on standard flippers. As far as I know, no one makes a ever-so-slightly smaller lightning flipper rubber?

#6706 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

best place for individual replacement plastics? need the big piece under the town on the left and skinny piece to the left of the pops. ty.

I think I have the big piece under the town. Let me look... would sell it to you for what I paid

#6707 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

best place for individual replacement plastics? need the big piece under the town on the left and skinny piece to the left of the pops. ty.

This it?

image (resized).jpg
#6710 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

I've run into an issue with my BSD, was wondering if anyone has had a similar thing happen - and if you found a solution:
When the ball rolls over one of the three lane switches at the top of the play field, the bottom left opto popper fires off. Sometimes just once, sometimes it fires ever second until it stops.
This popper has a white / green wire connected to it, and these lane switches also have white / green wires. I'm wondering if the diodes on these lane switches are malfunctioning?
Any advice is much appreciated!

Not sure what you mean “bottom left opto popper”

Are you saying the bottom left hey bumper fires? If you pull the glass and manually press the lane switches does it happen?

#6716 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Marco carries them. Looks like they’re out of stock at the moment.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9734-7

I think you can buy them direct from planetary

#6723 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

It's the popper that shoots the ball out of the left wire ramp (under the village). Yes it happens when I touch the switch(es) with my finger.

Ah.... I see. Yup, sounds like a diode or potential a wire that’s shorting...

#6745 1 year ago

This hobby is so interesting, especially when it comes to modding. These alt translites all look interesting... I think it's cool you guys dig installing them. For me, I've always found a really creepy/evil alure to the original... it's one of the parts of the art package that I actually like LOL.

As I dug out info about the plastic I'm shipping up to weaverj, I was completely shocked to see I had originally purchased that plastic in 2013... and I'm fairly certain I bought the game back in 2012... is it really possible I've owned Drac for 7 years? Seems like one! And that's a good thing.

This game just has such a soul. Drac's various laughs and taunts... that confidently creepy "we shall do battle..." callout with the bells. His joyful and devilishly evil laugh when you drain during multiball.

I just love it.

My particular example of the game is definitely players. The cab has some fade and knicks... some guy autographed the bottom... at somepoint the backbox latch broke and had to be moved off-center... but the playfield is in decent shape and I always keep'm playing clean and snappy. The ball just flies.

I originally got the game from a collector up in Bethleham, PA (I wish I could remember his name). We did a trade: My Getaway for his BSD plus a big chunk of cash. I actually thought the deal was too lopsided in my direction, but he was insistent... I believe he was about to buy yzfguy's BSD (upgrading to a cleaner example).

Anyhow, not a day goes by that I regret that trade. And when I have these little urges to get a new cab for the game... or install a repro playfield... even install a CDMD...I pause and really take in the battle scars and originality that my particular machine bears (I did swap out the Weekend at Bernie’s drac Head... and add a cool UV light to the tunnel through the coffin . It's only fitting that an evil bastard like Dracula lives and breathes with the wounds of a life well-lived. It's like a guitar that's been on tour for 20 years... but in this case, it's a machine that's spent its days torturing the hell out of people - myself included.

What a game.
313A7B95-6FE6-4505-A9AC-01A71D739C4A (resized).jpegEBF130DD-E6C3-4E02-8A43-05EE5ABC8624 (resized).jpeg954D894C-2F97-4BA9-AFB0-61F1114C20B9 (resized).jpegD058BF1C-F40B-43AC-8CD9-056840A5445D (resized).jpeg

#6749 1 year ago

Never noticed this until now...

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 10.58.49 AM (resized).png

#6753 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

I've run into an issue with my BSD, was wondering if anyone has had a similar thing happen - and if you found a solution:
When the ball rolls over one of the three lane switches at the top of the play field, the bottom left opto popper fires off. Sometimes just once, sometimes it fires ever second until it stops.
This popper has a white / green wire connected to it, and these lane switches also have white / green wires. I'm wondering if the diodes on these lane switches are malfunctioning?
Any advice is much appreciated!

btw, the plastic was sold.

#6755 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Haven't played mine in a while, played this weekend and started having issues with the mist ball lock it seems. At some point it was letting balls out and reloading but the eventually would not load one in its place. I believe that there were 3 balls in play. This happened for a while. I reset the game and it worked for some time but it came back. Maybe an opto(s) issue?

Reset connectors on the opto board?

#6757 1 year ago
Quoted from wugly:

for an intermittent fault I would first look to the optics being dirty then I would think about the connections being loose or coroded.

Also, it could just be the board going flaky. Mine took a mysterious (hard to identify) dump on me and it took a long time to diagnose.

#6763 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Thanks guys. I will have to look under the hood and re-acquaint myself with the mech and checking the optos and wiring.
I recall seeing a replacement board at some point. Don't recall if it was identical or a redesign.

You might have a cold solder joint somewhere in the chain. But my guess is a wire associated with the moles connectors just needs to be tweaked or jiggled!

2 months later
#6947 11 months ago

Wow, I’m a little surprised. Someone in the JackBot owner thread got a mirrored backglass from CPR and says it was a major disappointment. Can you read this post and see if you can see it in your BSD backglass?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jackbot-club-everyone-welcome/page/13#post-5272969

#6952 11 months ago

I was super disappointed to read that review of the JackBot backglass. That was all over my radar. Glad your BSD example is A+

1 week later
#6981 11 months ago
Quoted from blazingsaddlz:

Could someone share with me the degrees of incline you guys have set on your machines? I feel like I can't find a comfortable setting. Admittedly I'm not always great at Dracula, but some games I feel like it's impossible for me to hit the left ramp.
Also, when aligning the flippers, what is the best practice here? I've read about putting a toothpick in the holes underneath, and tightening them down.

If you’re having trouble hitting ramps, do a quick clean of your flipper mech. Clean the bat with rubbing alcohol and install a new coil sleeve. You’ll be amazed at how snappy that makes your shots.

You might need a full flipper kit rebuild. But I’d start with a quick cleaning.

Same goes for your pop bumpers. Just a little cleaning can really tune them up and refresh your gameplay experience

#6984 11 months ago
Quoted from blazingsaddlz:

Good deal, I'll give that a try.

This sat in my parent's basement for a long time before I inherited it. No idea when the last flipper rebuild was. I've also noticed that the pop bumpers seem pretty weak, so I'll look at those too. Thanks for the advice!
I started a bounty with my machine to encourage more interest when my family visits. $10 if you get on the scoreboard, and $50 for Greatest Vampire Hunter. It lasted for about 2 months without me paying out, but recently the brother in law spent the entire weekend playing, and now sits at the top of my leaderboard. Pissed me off to lose $50, but it's great to see other people enjoying this machine!

Most of the time (for flippers and pops), just cleaning the bats and replacing sleeves with really up the power/action. Easy to do if you have the right tools. You can identify coil sleeve part numbers in the manual. All are available...

Flippers would take about 10 minutes... pops a little longer (just because they’re a little harder to reach).

3 months later
#7154 8 months ago

I’m digging the fact that burn happened right where the torch artwork is. Kind of makes me think you should have left it! This game is evil as hell... adds some character to it!

#7157 8 months ago

It’s such a perfect game. It has soul, which can’t be said about a lot of these machines.

#7161 8 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Has anyone changed the lightning flippers to regular? How does it play?

I did. Hated it. For me, Lightning is the way to go.

#7166 8 months ago
Quoted from Jakemate:

Got a new topper, appeared from nowhere but I think it looks awesome. Matches the darkness of the game.[quoted image]

Run.

When the coast is clear, drag that machine into your yard and set it on fire!

#7168 8 months ago

I agree... especially for BSD.

#7179 7 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I wouldn’t call it cheating. As dudah said, the designer himself said the game was designed for standard flips.
I’ve had both on three Drac’s I’ve had, have the blood red flips from PBL on mine now. Going to switch back to black lightning with red rubbers just to change it up for a bit when I tear it down shortly.
This has been discussed many times, and I really don’t care either way. No matter what flippers you have on it, this game kicks you square in the nuts 50% of the time you play it. That is why I love it.

Just thought of a mod... a shaft that randomly ejects from the coin door when Dracula laughs. Square in the nuts

#7203 7 months ago

Mine had that issue... new spring and coil sleeve fixed it

#7210 7 months ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Quick question. Recently obtained a BSD. Is this a game that would hold up on route? Or, is it a HUO type of game?

If you maintain it, it’s like any other game.

4 months later
#7414 88 days ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Finished my Gothic Edition..99%.
Big thankyou to Hazzard for your base sound mix, and everyone who helped with the build.
Scott, Chris, Aiden, Pinball life and Marco.

I’m not even sure where to begin with this... that pin is badass!!!

Can you share some details about how you transformed the pin? Stunning!

3 weeks later
#7431 62 days ago
Quoted from Magno:

I am looking to purchase a Dracula. Does anyone have one for sale in Canada? Please let me know if anyone has one available.
Thanks

You can "purchase" a Dracula. But you won't own it. It will own you!

1 week later
#7459 49 days ago

Here’s the deal with the flippers:

If you’re the kind of person that’s always looking for the easy way out... when you go to gym you curl 5-pound dumbbells... you have training wheels on your bike... and you spend most of your day whining and complaining, then install regular flipper bats on your BSD.

If you’re the kind of person that likes to get after it... always looking for a challenge and crushing it... you like to eat fire... and, if given the chance, you’d volunteer to diffuse a nuclear weapon to save the world... then install lightning flippers on your BSD.

This notion that the game somehow plays smoother and more natural with regular flippers is a complete falsity. #truth

#7463 49 days ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Well I've got a new set of lighting flippers coming in. My machine came with the standard bats, so I didn't have much of a choice out of the gate, but that will change soon. Maybe it's all in my head or I shouldn't be comparing to other games, but when I play my T2 and I cradle a ball, let go and shoot just before it rolls off the flipper... I see the pinball fly like a shooting star. I'll post some pics of my coils and all...but it all looks to be there. I'll report back in a few days once I have the lightning bats installed.

You say that you're not feeling a snap in your shot, that has nothing to do with the flipper bats and everything to do with the bats and coil sleeves, and other parts of the flipper assembly. You likely would be able to get away with simply cleaning the bats with rubbing alcohol and installing new coil sleeves. But, perhaps a full rebuild kit is necessary.

It doesn't take much to make flippers, pops, and slings to get sluggish.

1 week later
1 week later
#7474 28 days ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

2. Give the standard flippers a chance. You won't be any less of a man (or woman) if you do so.

If you repeate that enough times it might actually become true

(prob. not)

1 week later
#7483 21 days ago
Quoted from Norcalpin:

Glad you caught that little jab I threw at ya....

Felt like a small breeze to be honest.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 63.50
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside