PXL_20240310_205105814 (resized).jpg
20240307_151004 (resized).jpg
20240307_113514 (resized).jpg
P1000806 (resized).JPG
to use (resized).jpg
to use 2 (resized).jpg
to use 3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 223.
#4851 6 years ago

Off to ModFather so he can work his magic !

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#4852 6 years ago
Quoted from Stumpy208:

For the speaker panel l actually cut out the red portion of it, you can see that in the picture with my hand coming through it.

Wow, that's some precision cutting around that blue. I wouldn't do it, but you did a nice job. :nonexistent thumbs up emoji:

Quoted from mollyspub:

Off to ModFather so he can work his magic !

Is he still clear coating these kinds of things after painting? I think they look better without the shiny clear.

#4853 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Wow, that's some precision cutting around that blue. I wouldn't do it, but you did a nice job. :nonexistent thumbs up emoji:

Is he still clear coating these kinds of things after painting? I think they look better without the shiny clear.

He offers a clear and matte finsh. Going to go with the clear to match my coffin mod .

#4854 6 years ago

just listed these in market if someone is in need,
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-plastics-and-parts#post-4061011

#4855 6 years ago

Hi all,

Anybody know who sells the speaker panel with the clear window for a ColorDMD. I've looked all over with no luck.

#4856 6 years ago
Quoted from Backdoc01:

Hi all,
Anybody know who sells the speaker panel with the clear window for a ColorDMD. I've looked all over with no luck.

ebay.com link: WILLIAMS BRAM STOKERS DRACULA Pinball Machine Speaker Panel DMD BRAND NEW

#4857 6 years ago

Hello everyone. New owner here trying to get familiar with the game and get it up to speed. Mine has a couple of "gremlins" I'm working on getting rid of.

How does the head stone attach to the back cover? I have noticed there seems to be a screw in photos that I can find but there is nothing for a screw to go into on my example.

Previous owner had the head stone attached to the bulb housings with a paper clip through the existing hole. Coffin sits a little high and while putting on glass it would drag it back. Well, it finally shorted making contact with the business end of the bulbs. I replaced the fuse and I am good for now. Just want to get the cover better attached the right way.

Great game imho. Only other issue on mine is the right ramp doesn't seem to be lined up correctly and accepting shots 100% but I am tackling one thing at a time for now. Thanks for reading.

#4858 6 years ago

Lets see pics of your tombstone and ramp if you are able to post some pics.. is the ramp cracked anywhere?.. I've chased "demons" on my BSD but thankfully it's playing perfect right now!

#4859 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Hello everyone. New owner here trying to get familiar with the game and get it up to speed. Mine has a couple of "gremlins" I'm working on getting rid of.
How does the head stone attach to the back cover? I have noticed there seems to be a screw in photos that I can find but there is nothing for a screw to go into on my example.
Previous owner had the head stone attached to the bulb housings with a paper clip through the existing hole. Coffin sits a little high and while putting on glass it would drag it back. Well, it finally shorted making contact with the business end of the bulbs. I replaced the fuse and I am good for now. Just want to get the cover better attached the right way.
Great game imho. Only other issue on mine is the right ramp doesn't seem to be lined up correctly and accepting shots 100% but I am tackling one thing at a time for now. Thanks for reading.

The coffin should not be scraping the glass. There are 4-6 hex posts holding the coffin and it seems like they put the wrong sizes in. This is a common point of confusion because of the 6, there are 3 different, but very close sizes. There should also be a hex post between the bulb sockets for screwing in the back of the headstone. Seems pretty clear the last person to mess with it just messed up the posts and said screw it.

In addition to that, it seems that person didn't replace the clear plastic above the right ramp, which is why you're getting rejects. If you don't have it, there's someone selling them as a set on etsy. The other clear plastic goes above the shooter lane. Would be a good idea to make sure that one is installed (properly) as well.

#4860 6 years ago

Any suggestions on what LEDs I should use for the GI lamps?

Thanks

#4861 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Any suggestions on what LEDs I should use for the GI lamps?
Thanks

whatever you want, just make sure they're frosted.

#4862 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

The coffin should not be scraping the glass. There are 4-6 hex posts holding the coffin and it seems like they put the wrong sizes in. This is a common point of confusion because of the 6, there are 3 different, but very close sizes. There should also be a hex post between the bulb sockets for screwing in the back of the headstone. Seems pretty clear the last person to mess with it just messed up the posts and said screw it.
In addition to that, it seems that person didn't replace the clear plastic above the right ramp, which is why you're getting rejects. If you don't have it, there's someone selling them as a set on etsy. The other clear plastic goes above the shooter lane. Would be a good idea to make sure that one is installed (properly) as well.

Appreciate the information. Below is photos of both the headstone, which yes, you are correct, there is not a hex post where one should be. Pictured is also my ramp from several different angles. Is the plastic top indeed missing? If you notice, there seems to be a slight bump or raise to the ramp where they meet. This seems to slow the ball enough that it goes back down the ramp more often than not. Thanks for the help. These things just aren't in the manual.

So to track these down you said the plastic top is on etsy somewhere here. Any idea on the post size and threads? I looked on Marco specialties and there are, of course, a ton of them. Now I just need to dive in and disassemble down to those hex posts that are probably in the wrong spot. Trial and error or has anyone posted a teardown? (I looked to no avail)

Again, thanks to everyone for the input. I'm a newcomer to ownership. Not afraid to get my hands dirty but it's a little intimidating not knowing where to go for answers and having the fear of asking stupid questions.

IMG_20171107_165703 (resized).jpgIMG_20171107_165703 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171107_165747 (resized).jpgIMG_20171107_165747 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171107_165905 (resized).jpgIMG_20171107_165905 (resized).jpg

#4863 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Appreciate the information. Below is photos of both the headstone, which yes, you are correct, there is not a hex post where one should be. Pictured is also my ramp from several different angles. Is the plastic top indeed missing? If you notice, there seems to be a slight bump or raise to the ramp where they meet. This seems to slow the ball enough that it goes back down the ramp more often than not. Thanks for the help. These things just aren't in the manual.
So to track these down you said the plastic top is on etsy somewhere here. Any idea on the post size and threads? I looked on Marco specialties and there are, of course, a ton of them. Now I just need to dive in and disassemble down to those hex posts that are probably in the wrong spot. Trial and error or has anyone posted a teardown? (I looked to no avail)
Again, thanks to everyone for the input. I'm a newcomer to ownership. Not afraid to get my hands dirty but it's a little intimidating not knowing where to go for answers and having the fear of asking stupid questions.

Below is a photo from my BSD of the same area. You can get the new BSD coffin shroud mod from Pinsider Colsond3 provided that he still has a few extras.

Here is a URL for a couple of BSD clear plastics including the one for the ramp by the coffin.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/173278432/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-clear

Gord

P1000609 (resized).JPGP1000609 (resized).JPG

#4864 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Yeah, as linked above, you are missing the clear cover. Everything else looks fine.

I'm pretty sure there's a post in this thread with the hex post measurements. There's a link at the top that will let you search within the thread.

#4865 6 years ago

Here's pics out of the manual - hopefully, these will help with the hex posts.

IMG_3307[1] (resized).JPGIMG_3307[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_3308[1] (resized).JPGIMG_3308[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_3309[1] (resized).JPGIMG_3309[1] (resized).JPG

#4866 6 years ago

Thanks Bill. I am embarrassed to admit that I have a manual and flipped through it too quickly missing this. That helps a great deal sir.

#4867 6 years ago

Huh. I never knew that was in there either.

Thanks for posting those pics! Also, could they not put them in the right order?

#4868 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Huh. I never knew that was in there either.
Thanks for posting those pics! Also, could they not put them in the right order?

Below is a PDF excerpt of the same page that Bill took photos of in the BSD manual.

Gord

Coffin_Plate_Assembly.pdfCoffin_Plate_Assembly.pdf

#4869 6 years ago

Thanks Gord - I didn't want to break apart my book to scan it.

#4870 6 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Thanks Gord - I didn't want to break apart my book to scan it.

Hi Bill,

No problem at all. I have a soft copy (PDF) of the BSD manual and saved the one page in question (2-33) as a PDF so I didn't need to scan it either.

Gord

#4871 6 years ago

You guys rock.

I ordered the plastic cover for the ramp I'm missing. Hoping that helps solve it.

#4872 6 years ago

Finished up a new mod earlier today. Was a suggestion from a fellow Pinsider (rubberducks) as he asked me to come up with a way to deal with the visible switches. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-interactive-led-stained-glass-castle-switch-covers-mod-thread#post-4069479

fixedd (resized).jpgfixedd (resized).jpg

#4873 6 years ago

Silly question: On the right side of the playfield there's a hex shaped threaded nut that screws into the top of the upper gate mount where the mist multiball ball comes from. It's also what the upper screw threads into which holds the plastic molded castle which covers the castle lock optos/end of wireframe. ( one of those long tubular hex shaped things that's threaded female on both sides, looks like a nut that's a few inches long)

Can anyone tell me what the proper length that part should be is? or have a part number?

thanks

#4874 6 years ago

DIY LED "Kit" For BSD: Please Suggest Buib Types

Rather than drop $200+ for an LED kit from, say, Cointaker, I'd like to cobble together my own kit.

I'm asking those BSD owners who have installed LED's in their games to give me a quick breakdown of the bulbs necessary.

For instance, approximately how many and what type (44? 555?) bulbs are required for each of the following:

1. Inserts
2. GI
3. Backbox
4. Misc.

It's likely I will color match many/most of the inserts. Otherwise, I s'pose frosted white is in order.

And this is my first LED job, so please don't assume I know the first thing about anything.

Thanks a bunch in advance for any information.

J

#4875 6 years ago

You can start by looking in your manual and opening up your game to see the different leds, 44/555's needed. Your asking a very subjective question on color choice. Every owner's machine is going to be different for color choices. Great idea to diy, but this is a trial. You may end up changing colors, frosted, non frosted, multiple times to suit your needs. Good luck.

#4876 6 years ago

PM GRB 1959. He has the manual in pdf, which would show the sizes of those pieces.

#4877 6 years ago

Sunlight white for the GI looks great on BSD.

IMG_2829 (resized).PNGIMG_2829 (resized).PNG

#4878 6 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

PM GRB 1959. He has the manual in pdf, which would show the sizes of those pieces.

The BSD manual is available for download via the following URL.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/3072/Williams_1993_Bram_Stoker_s_Dracula_English_Manual.pdf

Gord

#4879 6 years ago

when i started led'n my own games, i just got 100-bulb packs of frosted natural white flat-tops from comet. ~$25/pack. used them for inserts, gi, backbox, coin door, everything. i've never color-matched inserts; don't like the look. you'll need some colored bulbs for the coffin tombstone, however.

5050 5 smd flashers are about $1 a piece. you can do a whole game for ~$75. can't beat that. don't forget a couple lense-less single smd 5050's for pops and start/launch button. i think that's it.

#4880 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Finished up a new mod earlier today. Was a suggestion from a fellow Pinsider (rubberducks) as he asked me to come up with a way to deal with the visible switches. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-interactive-led-stained-glass-castle-switch-covers-mod-thread#post-4069479

This. Want this now.

#4881 6 years ago

Just a quick thanks to everyone here that helped on the coffin ramp rejects. Sure enough, the missing plastic cover solved it 100% that I ordered from the etsy seller. I am still chasing that damn drop target firing when it shouldn't but 1 out of 2 is a great start.

#4882 6 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

This. Want this now.

Just seeing this now. Thank you for the compliment. I posted the less involved "Ruins" version in the updated mod thread.

BSD Ruinss (resized).jpgBSD Ruinss (resized).jpg
20171113_221026 (resized).jpg20171113_221026 (resized).jpg

#4883 6 years ago

I need some help from one of my fellow BSD fans. Would someone mind snapping a photo of the back drop target, both up and down, with the playfield propped so I can compare to mine with as much detail or as close as possible? It is the one at the back of the pf or bottom left if it is propped. I am still trying to get mine working properly and it would help a great deal. Thanks in advance!

#4884 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

I need some help from one of my fellow BSD fans. Would someone mind snapping a photo of the back drop target, both up and down, with the playfield propped so I can compare to mine with as much detail or as close as possible? It is the one at the back of the pf or bottom left if it is propped. I am still trying to get mine working properly and it would help a great deal. Thanks in advance!

Up and down from top and bottom Hope these can help.

20171115_172412 (resized).jpg20171115_172412 (resized).jpg

20171115_172656 (resized).jpg20171115_172656 (resized).jpg

20171115_172341 (resized).jpg20171115_172341 (resized).jpg

20171115_172636 (resized).jpg20171115_172636 (resized).jpg

#4885 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Up and down from top and bottom Hope these can help.

Thank you so much. First off, your pictures are perfect. I think I found the culprit. PM will be sent in a while.

#4886 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Just seeing this now. Thank you for the compliment. I posted the less involved "Ruins" version in the updated mod thread.

Link please...

#4888 6 years ago

Fresh off the workbench of the Modfather!
Can not say enough good things about this guy! Great communication and honored my paint requests. Can't wait to get these on my game!

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#4889 6 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Can not say enough good things about this guy! Great communication and honored my paint requests. Can't wait to get these on my game!

I like it!

#4890 6 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Honestly...that is fukkin deadly! Haha, so much better! The tombstone will flow with the coffin mod now! Cant wait to see a pic with everything installed!

#4891 6 years ago

Just did a custom powdercoat job for a customer. This is 100% powdercoat super tough. Id love to do this for a BSD

20171120_131750 (resized).jpg20171120_131750 (resized).jpg

20171120_131754 (resized).jpg20171120_131754 (resized).jpg

20171120_131732 (resized).jpg20171120_131732 (resized).jpg

20171120_131744 (resized).jpg20171120_131744 (resized).jpg

20171120_131718 (resized).jpg20171120_131718 (resized).jpg

#4892 6 years ago

I just saw those on his powder coating dedicated thread and thought, damn those would look deadly on BSD! Haha, sweeeet!

#4893 6 years ago

Just installed my torches last week. I love them!!

imagejpeg_0 (1) (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0 (1) (resized).jpg

#4894 6 years ago

I have a quick gameplay question, when the ball drops into the left outlane off the wireforms it lands in in front of the inlane switch thus not activating it. Should it hit that switch? Or is it meant not to?

#4895 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Just did a custom powdercoat job for a customer. This is 100% powdercoat super tough. Id love to do this for a BSD

I'm not normally a fan of powder coating, but those do look really nice.

#4896 6 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I have a quick gameplay question, when the ball drops into the left outlane off the wireforms it lands in in front of the inlane switch thus not activating it. Should it hit that switch? Or is it meant not to?

Hi Patrick,

On my BSD when the ball drops directly above (behind) the left inlane switch via the left wireform it rolls over the left inlane switch 100 percent of the time and does indeed activate the switch. Is the ball rolling over the left inlane switch on your BSD after travelling on the left wireform?

If it is not then it sounds like your left wireform may need to be adjusted so that it drops the ball behind (above) the left inlane switch. Below are some photos of the left inlane and left wireform on my BSD for reference.

Gord

P1000676 (resized).JPGP1000676 (resized).JPG
P1000664 (resized).JPGP1000664 (resized).JPG
P1000665 (resized).JPGP1000665 (resized).JPG

#4897 6 years ago

Mine falls after the switch. I've tried adjusting it. Guess I'll adjust more to get the ball to drop in the proper place. I'm not sure if mine being an early BSD off the line has anything to do with it. Mine came stock with proto sling plastics and proto sound roms

#4898 6 years ago

Patrick -

Remove the village ruins and make sure the habitrail is connected properly. It sounds like yours is too far down - I've never seen one where the ball lands past the rollover switch.

#4899 6 years ago

Although these guys are right about the habitrail, I'm pretty sure the game activates the 2x when it passes the ramp made switch higher up. Maybe it was different in early games because they didn't want a ball popping out of the village to activate it?

Curious to see pics of your game, because it doesn't look like there is a lot of room below the switch.

#4900 6 years ago

I would like to do a playfield swap. Are there repro playfields available or is anyone re-running these? Also any suggestions on which cabinet decals to buy? There are some on eBay. Has anyone seen these?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
There are 11,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/98?hl=scottmaggie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.