IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 224.
#4703 6 years ago

is the ball sitting there waiting or when you shake does it complete its journey down the subway?

#4704 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

is the ball sitting there waiting or when you shake does it complete it's journey down the subway?

I will have to check. Maybe the ball doesn't get there all the time or it doesn't sit flush.

#4705 6 years ago

i tore my subway off one time to get to some lights and i put it back together wrong and had a similar issue. make sure the subway sits on top of the ball landing section of the assembly bracket for the upkicker, not under.

2 weeks later
#4706 6 years ago

I'm ordering a bunch of parts for my new BSD right now and was hoping someone could shoot me a pic of the stock leg bolt plates that are used on the inside corners. I've got a couple with stripped threads that won't hold the bolts without a nut. I know I have multiple options, but would just like to replace the 2 that are stripped and would like to keep the plates the same all the way around without replacing them all.

Kind of a random request, but so happens that my BSD is in my vacation house a few hours away so I can't take a look at it right now and forgot to check that last time I was there.....

Thanks!

#4707 6 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get the custom rom that fixes some of the known bugs and also sets the game to tournament where you can only get 500,000 for the mystery scoop.

#4708 6 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

I'm ordering a bunch of parts for my new BSD right now and was hoping someone could shoot me a pic of the stock leg bolt plates that are used on the inside corners. I've got a couple with stripped threads that won't hold the bolts without a nut. I know I have multiple options, but would just like to replace the 2 that are stripped and would like to keep the plates the same all the way around without replacing them all.
Kind of a random request, but so happens that my BSD is in my vacation house a few hours away so I can't take a look at it right now and forgot to check that last time I was there.....
Thanks!

Pretty sure they are the typical larger Bally Williams plates. If nobody else does, I can shoot a pic later and post it when I get home.

#4709 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Does anyone know where I can get the custom rom that fixes some of the known bugs and also sets the game to tournament where you can only get 500,000 for the mystery scoop.

Ask @rkahr. He might know.

#4710 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Ask rkahr. He might know.

I messaged him. He said no and offered his 5V fix board.

#4711 6 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Thanks!

Quoted from Colsond3:

Pretty sure they are the typical larger Bally Williams plates. If nobody else does, I can shoot a pic later and post it when I get home.

I stand corrected. My BSD has the smaller typical plates / receivers.

IMG_1469 (resized).JPGIMG_1469 (resized).JPG

IMG_1465 (resized).JPGIMG_1465 (resized).JPG

#4712 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Why keep them the same? You never see them.
Upgrade to the later/greater plates from PBL and don't look back.

#4713 6 years ago

BSD, my first machine and still love it a lot! The simple rules mixed with a very challenging gameplay and the beautiful gothic romantic atmospheres, the perfect music and sound effects, makes it one of the very best.

I experimented a lot with this machine, in terms of setup. I tried all sort of adjustments over the years. So here are my conclusions:

In the beginning I thought the machine was too brutal, so I removed lightning flippers for normal ones. Quite a big change, now the game was more enjoyable: I started to achieve more goals and have more fun, and score big sometimes.

I then reduced the sensitivity of the slingshots: that also helped a lot with the ball being much more controllable and stoppable on the flippers, keeping the gameplay more under control.

Still, I was far away from the top scores I read here on the records page. So I decided to reduce the angle around 5 degrees and that definitely was the most important move! Suddenly I started achieving triple jackpots quite often, jackpots all over the place, sometimes even reaching the max (480/300 millions) and my scores grew very much. I played like that for months, until.... I turned the machine over! Around 14 billions or something.. most games lasted forever, very often into few billions. in the end I often started to play the first ball and then.. switch off the machine, bored. The interest was gone. BSD became almost similar to many other easy games out there. No good.

So, in the end, I am back from where I started. Lightning flippers are back, the angle is as recommended around 6.7. I still quite like having the slingshots not too sensitive though. Now achieving a triple jackpot is a real challenge, it happens very rarely. The adrenaline is pumping again in those moments. Big jackpots? Cant see them in a while..
But THIS is BSD!

Final thoughts: BSD is a very tough game. As a beginner or intermediate player is needed to reduce the default difficulty. But when you are an advanced player, standard (or near standard) setup is fine.

On a side note: we often discuss how hard or easy a game is. I understand that those discussions are relative to the default setup (or at least they should, because I think that many disagreements depends on different setups). But anyway I think in general the power of adjusting the setup of a pinball is usually immensely undervalued or even completely forgotten. It's possible to turn an easy game into a bitch or an hard game into an easy one (as in this case). Maybe it depends from commercial reasons: better to push people to buy a new "harder" or "easier" game, before he uses his brain and adjust the lovely machines he already owns first. Having said that, it' nice and fun to change lineup of course! But I think people should play around more with their machines: just play around with the angles and you'll have new games instantly!

#4714 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I changed mine to the LED rings. It really lights up the top part of the playfield, which is usually pretty dark.

Great looking machine. Where did u get the LED rings from?

#4715 6 years ago

play BSD like it was supposed to be: a quarter-munching, moneypit .

#4716 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Thanks for checking! dudah I hear you on the larger plates, but I only need to fix one or two and like to keep the continuity. Plus that saved $15 pays for the cabinet protectors between the cab and legs....

#4717 6 years ago

Got lucky and found this NOS slingshot plastic on eBay. My otherwise perfect BSD is now complete!

Next step is to laser cut some DIY fluorescent protectors

IMG_20170727_223453 (resized).jpgIMG_20170727_223453 (resized).jpg

#4718 6 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Got lucky and found this NOS slingshot plastic on eBay. My otherwise perfect BSD is now complete!
Next step is to laser cut some DIY fluorescent protectors

indypinhead made clear protectors. He may be able to make colored ones.

#4719 6 years ago
Quoted from RogerLo:

Great looking machine. Where did u get the LED rings from?

Thanks man. I've put a lot of blood and sweat into this game. No pun intended. We carried the LED rings at my old company, Lights Out Pinball. I recently left though, to start my own venture sans partner. Should be up and running soon. Terry / PBL also carries them, and I think Marco does now too.

#4720 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

indypinhead made clear protectors. He may be able to make colored ones.

I have Convolux on mine. It's a four piece set, slingshots and ball guides. I'll have a new contract with Freddy's in the next week or so, if anybody's interested in them.

IMG_5514 (resized).JPGIMG_5514 (resized).JPG
IMG_5534 (resized).JPGIMG_5534 (resized).JPG

I have them on my Frankenstein too.

IMG_0274 (resized).JPGIMG_0274 (resized).JPG

IMG_0276 (resized).JPGIMG_0276 (resized).JPG

IMG_0713 (resized).JPGIMG_0713 (resized).JPG

#4721 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Thanks! I've put a lot of blood and sweat into this game, no pun intended. We carried the LED rings at my old company, Lights Out Pinball. I recently left though, to start my own venture sans partner. Should be up and running soon. Terry / PBL also carries them, and I think Marco does too now.

1 week later
#4722 6 years ago

Question for owners who have done the color DMD upgrade. Is the arcade classics speaker plastic needed for the upgrade the "correct" shade of blue? Or at least very close to the original. I'm thinking of doing the upgrade but want to make sure the speaker plastic looks original.

#4723 6 years ago

If this is the same DMD panel I have... I was a little annoyed at the color differences, but honestly at this point I don't really notice. And the color DMD is nice.

So I got back from Replay FX last week. Guess what game I put the most plays on? Yep BSD. Played it every time I walked by, it was very addictive. 500+ games there and I can't stay away from one that I own.

#4724 6 years ago

MMP thanks for your opinion. Any chance you or any other pinsiders can post a pic?

#4725 6 years ago

First pic, Dracula as I typically see it mostly in the dark. Second pic for comparison.

BSD1 (resized).jpgBSD1 (resized).jpg
BSD2 (resized).jpgBSD2 (resized).jpg

#4726 6 years ago

MMP thank you!

#4727 6 years ago

Alright, so what to do if the castle lock drops two balls instead of one, you've already adjusted the ramp in relation to the post and all 3 optos seem to work fine? Only other solution I've seen is to put a rubber cap on the post. It really just looks like the post is staying down too long. Maybe I'll just clean the mech and see if that helps.

Edit: Hey, look at that, it worked!
15020535416831233051398 (resized).jpg15020535416831233051398 (resized).jpg

#4728 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Alright, so what to do if the castle lock drops two balls instead of one, you've already adjusted the ramp in relation to the post and all 3 optos seem to work fine? Only other solution I've seen is to put a rubber cap on the post. It really just looks like the post is staying down too long. Maybe I'll just clean the mech and see if that helps.

I had the same problem. The mechanism
Was cleaned but still had the same issue. Turned out to be the opto board. Works great now!
What kind of LEDs are you using? Looks nice and bright!

#4729 6 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I had the same problem. The mechanism
Was cleaned but still had the same issue. Turned out to be the opto board. Works great now!
What kind of LEDs are you using? Looks nice and bright!

Cointaker Retros, mostly

#4730 6 years ago

I'm getting a "top right ramp up" error. Every other game or so, the right ramp is stuck in the up position (so it goes into the coffin and ejects into the pops, rather than looping back to the left flipper).

Any recommendations on where to start? Fuse? Coil? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#4731 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I'm getting a "top right ramp up" error. Every other game or so, the right ramp is stuck in the up position (so it goes into the coffin and ejects into the pops, rather than looping back to the left flipper).
Any recommendations on where to start? Fuse? Coil? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure there isn't a broken wire on the down cool. Make sure it moves freely by hand, then go from there with fuse, etc. Probably not a fuse though, because more things would be not working.

#4732 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I may have to try that. I think I have it adjusted correctly now, but I was having the double ball issue.

3 weeks later
#4733 6 years ago

Anyone need a new speaker panel plastic (with removable red film section for colordmd usage) and a new full plastic set?
$200 package deal.

#4734 6 years ago

Just picked up a BSD yesterday.only real bummer is it has the alternative translite.
Does anyone have an original for sale.How hard are these to come by?
Thanks

#4735 6 years ago

FB_IMG_1504500185970 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1504500185970 (resized).jpg

#4736 6 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Just picked up a BSD yesterday.only real bummer is it has the alternative translite.
Thanks

Whats your alt look like, i may be interested in a trade for an original

1 week later
#4737 6 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Thanks

Would you mind posting a pic of your alt translite? Not sure I've ever seen one.

#4738 6 years ago

Is it this one?

IMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPG

#4739 6 years ago

Got LED's in mine. Much better I think.

IMG_6254 (resized).JPGIMG_6254 (resized).JPG

IMG_6257 (resized).JPGIMG_6257 (resized).JPG

IMG_6251 (resized).JPGIMG_6251 (resized).JPG

#4740 6 years ago

Did you know the artwork of BSD is based on the comics adaptation of the movie?
I have read this comics many years before owning the pinball and i really liked it, very dark and creepy, like the movie but less "theatral"

1085573 (resized).jpg1085573 (resized).jpg

#4741 6 years ago

How many video mode levels are there. I've made it to 3

#4742 6 years ago

Don't forget about the new ramps that are now available under BSD ramps in the forum.

#4743 6 years ago

Hey guys, got my BSD today, but I'm having a couple of issues!

Credit dots:

UL and UR flipper (what?)

Magnet unload error: I ran through the test which you'll have to see the picture which I'm enclosing the long opto appears to be one dot long -- it seems the long opto is blocked or not working at all? Everything else seems to be working except mist multiball. It'll start moving the ball across the field, but when I hit it, it doesn't enter the actual mode, and when one of the ball drains, the game assumes I drained in single ball play and ends the ball. Can I still play mist if I turn off the magnet?

If I don't hit the ball off the magnet, it will travel across the playfield in both directions just fine.

Should I buy a new opto board? The long opto is the opto on the right above the green mist, correct? In the very back of the left side ball staging area?

20170924_170722[1] (resized).jpg20170924_170722[1] (resized).jpg

#4744 6 years ago

Reach out to Kvan he is a genius with the mist ball magnet.

Quoted from waspinat0r:

Hey guys, got my BSD today, but I'm having a couple of issues!
Credit dots:
UL and UR flipper (what?)
Magnet unload error: I ran through the test which you'll have to see the picture which I'm enclosing the long opto appears to be one dot long -- it seems the long opto is blocked or not working at all? Everything else seems to be working except mist multiball. It'll start moving the ball across the field, but when I hit it, it doesn't enter the actual mode, and when one of the ball drains, the game assumes I drained in single ball play and ends the ball. Can I still play mist if I turn off the magnet?
If I don't hit the ball off the magnet, it will travel across the playfield in both directions just fine.
Should I buy a new opto board? The long opto is the opto on the right above the green mist, correct? In the very back of the left side ball staging area?

#4745 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Reach out to Kvan he is a genius with the mist ball magnet.

Will do, thank you

#4746 6 years ago

Kvan99

Quoted from waspinat0r:

Will do, thank you

#4747 6 years ago

my buddy who has a BSD says I should replace the opto board because it will more than likely fix it, and I trust his judgement, I just wanted to also bring the question here.

#4748 6 years ago

Lol...genius? I had some help fixing mine. waspinat0r Your friend maybe correct, more often than not the opto board is the culprit. The cool thing about the Homepin opto board is the adjustable sensitivity pot on it. In a lot of threads people recommend replacing the long opto for the mist multi-ball. However if the magnet board is weak it will not register the optos so you'll end up replacing working optos for nothing. The board is not expensive and it's good insurance, buy it and if it doesn't solve your problem out of the box I'll help you adjust it. As far as your other error U.L and U.R that's upper right and upper left flipper switch on BSD, there are no upper flipper but the lane change switches I'm guessing is what it's referring to. Put the game in switch mode and hit the flipper buttons are they registering correctly? You should 3 switches close for left flipper and 3 for the right when the button is held down.

#4749 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Lol...genius? I had some help fixing mine. waspinat0r Your friend maybe correct, more often than not the opto board is the culprit. The cool thing about the Homepin opto board is the adjustable sensitivity pot on it. In a lot of threads people recommend replacing the long opto for the mist multi-ball. However if the magnet board is weak it will not register the optos so you'll end up replacing working optos for nothing. The board is not expensive and it's good insurance, buy it and if it doesn't solve your problem out of the box I'll help you adjust it. As far as your other error U.L and U.R that's a weird one, there is no upper right and upper left flipper on BSD put the game in switch mode and hit the flipper buttons are they registering correctly?

Awesome, thanks man! I'll order one and report back..until then, I guess no magnet mist mbs -- and yeah, my flippers work just fine except for the error being thrown.

#4750 6 years ago

http://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/solid-state-repair/game-specific-toys/200-mist-multiball

A good read for things to check. I had to change the L1 inductor on my 25 switch onto assembly. Mine was broken on mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/95?hl=scottmaggie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.