Topic Stats

• 7,173 posts
  • 590 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by dudah
  • Topic is favorited by 228 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,209 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191010_233110_130 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200219_194112 (resized).jpg
D235FBBE-A0A3-4E07-A2E1-2F7FF1F0DAD1 (resized).jpeg
View album “Recents” (resized).png
IMG_5136 (resized).jpg
IMG_5137 (resized).jpg
BSD post (resized).jpg
IMG_4444 (resized).jpg
IMG_1213 (resized).jpg
Drac (resized).jpg
IMG_1235 (resized).jpg
IMG_1234 (resized).jpg
IMG_1233 (resized).jpg
IMG_1217 (resized).jpg
20190813_172824 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7173 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 144.
#4651 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Come on Dan!! 549 mil the best you can do? LOL

LOL, it is funny you should mention that, I was thinking how low some of my scores were that I was taking pictures of. But I still love playing.

#4652 2 years ago

Can anyone measure the length of the hex spacers that hold the village on the left side? I know there are 2 but I don't have the correct size.

#4653 2 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Can anyone measure the length of the hex spacers that hold the village on the left side? I know there are 2 but I don't have the correct size.

If no one answers the measurements for all of the hex spacers are someplace in this thread.

#4654 2 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

If no one answers the measurements for all of the hex spacers are someplace in this thread.

Only ones I can find are for the right castle and the prototype slings. It's like looking for a needle a hay stack.

#4655 2 years ago

I got you... Front is 2.5" and rear is 3.5".

#4656 2 years ago
Quoted from marl3y:

I got you... Front is 2.5" and rear is 3.5".

Awesome. Thank you very much

#4657 2 years ago

OK - what the heck is Dracula saying when the ball comes out across the middle of the playfield for mist multiball? Mist? Winds? Vince?

#4658 2 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

OK - what the heck is Dracula saying when the ball comes out across the middle of the playfield for mist multiball? Mist? Winds? Vince?

Vince.
It was the owner of his favorite pizza place in the movie.

#4659 2 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

In the movie he says winds but the first time he says it he uses a V. So I think it's, "Vinds. Winds! WIIIINDS!"

#4660 2 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Vince.
It was the owner of his favorite pizza place in the movie.

I may have to pretend this is the real answer.

This is like the time I misread "gray" (i.e. gray gorilla) as "Gary" on Congo - and my husband's friend was like: "Why do you keep yelling 'Gary' at the pinball machine?"

#4661 2 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

I may have to pretend this is the real answer.
This is like the time I misread "gray" (i.e. gray gorilla) as "Gary" on Congo - and my husband's friend was like: "Why do you keep yelling 'Gary' at the pinball machine?"

lol

1 week later
#4662 2 years ago

Hi fellow BSD owners.

I'm having trouble with my auto launch it does not always hit the skill drop target, rather it hits the rubber just below it.

I'd say 34 times out of 10 it does this.

I have changed the coil, plunger and spring with no joy.

Any other suggestions?

#4663 2 years ago

is the plunger hitting center ball? sounds like you've replaced more than necessary.

check to see if the shooter lane switch is causing any issues, plunger hitting it, etc. check along the ball path for issues, too. is the top gate flapping freely?

#4664 2 years ago

hey guy's, I have a "magnet unload error" but everything seems to work fine. If you play consecutive games quick is the only time it don't load the Mist ball fast enough. any suggestions?!?!

#4665 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

hey guy's, I have a "magnet unload error" but everything seems to work fine. If you play consecutive games quick is the only time it don't load the Mist ball fast enough. any suggestions?!?!

You can unload the magnet, I believe in the utilities menu. Run that and see if it corrects it.

#4666 2 years ago

game can reload during gameplay. you shouldn't have to wait for it either.

#4667 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You can unload the magnet, I believe in the utilities menu. Run that and see if it corrects it.

Thanks man...credit dot is gone!

#4668 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Thanks man...credit dot is gone!

Awesome. No problem! I unload mine every once in a while just to do it. The draw can build up to the point where you try to tap the mist ball into play and the actual ball in play gets stuck and starts orbiting the mist ball like moon to a planet.

Or as I'm sure others have, you tap the mist ball into play, and your ball in play takes it's place and enters the opposite gate. Dracula is a damn thief.

#4669 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Awesome. No problem! I unload mine every once in a while just to do it. The draw can build up to the point where you try to tap the mist ball into play and the actual ball in play gets stuck and starts orbiting the mist ball like moon to a planet.
Or as I'm sure others have, you tap the mist ball into play, and your ball in play takes it's place and enters the opposite gate. Dracula is a damn thief.

That shit happens to me ALL THE TIME.

Are you saying unloading the magnet will help correct this problem?

#4670 2 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Hi fellow BSD owners.
I'm having trouble with my auto launch it does not always hit the skill drop target, rather it hits the rubber just below it.
I'd say 34 times out of 10 it does this.
I have changed the coil, plunger and spring with no joy.
Any other suggestions?

Do you have the clear plastic above the shooter lane right in front of the ramp? Is it installed the right way (screws toward the back of the plastic)?

#4671 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

That shit happens to me ALL THE TIME.
Are you saying unloading the magnet will help correct this problem?

I wouldn't say it stops it altogether, but it definitely makes it happen a lot less.

#4672 2 years ago

Where is this "unload magnet" option? I don't clearly see that anywhere in the Utilities menu.

#4673 2 years ago

Who's got a sad looking center target plastic?
I've got two less than perfect repros I'll give away to whoever needs em bad.

IMG_20170708_002004 (resized).jpg

#4674 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Where is this "unload magnet" option? I don't clearly see that anywhere in the Utilities menu.

I just did a "factory reset" in the utilities options... I lost the high score tho...oops!

#4675 2 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Do you have the clear plastic above the shooter lane right in front of the ramp? Is it installed the right way (screws toward the back of the plastic)?

I don't think so, can you please add a photo of the one you are talking about.

Thanks

#4676 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

is the plunger hitting center ball? sounds like you've replaced more than necessary.
check to see if the shooter lane switch is causing any issues, plunger hitting it, etc. check along the ball path for issues, too. is the top gate flapping freely?

Yes hitting dead centre (UK spelling ).

Yeah I figured replace the lot and its bound to fix the issue but sadly not.
Top flap appears OK I have watched the ball trajectory and it appears find just not 'strong' enough.
I'm going to slightly adjust the kicker to see if that helps.

#4677 2 years ago

would a flaky transistor cause weak power?

#4678 2 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Who's got a sad looking center target plastic?
I've got two less than perfect repros I'll give away to whoever needs em bad.

I'll take one if they're still available! Mine cracked a few nights ago.

#4679 2 years ago

anyone change the pop number caps to different colors? i was thinking of changing mine up a bit when I rebuild them and looking for suggestions.. also, is there a way to add music to the game play and have it interact with the lights. I was whooping Judas priest "love bites" and realised this pin needs a soundtrack!

#4680 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

anyone change the pop number caps to different colors? i was thinking of changing mine up a bit when I rebuild them and looking for suggestions

I've seen blue, and it looked pretty cool (though I still prefer red).

#4681 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

anyone change the pop number caps to different colors? i was thinking of changing mine up a bit when I rebuild them and looking for suggestions.. also, is there a way to add music to the game play and have it interact with the lights. I was whooping Judas priest "love bites" and realised this pin needs a soundtrack!

I've seen purple as well. Go to the HEP site and take a look for ideas.

#4682 2 years ago

I don't think so, can you please add a photo of the one you are talking about.
Thanks

14995417001461526455312 (resized).jpg

#4683 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Not in front of my game, but it is in there. It might be in the audits or set up menu. I can find it later if you're having trouble and post a pic.

#4684 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I changed mine to the LED rings. It really lights up the top part of the playfield, which is usually pretty dark.

IMG_0110 (resized).JPG

IMG_0116 (resized).JPG

#4685 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

would a flaky transistor cause weak power?

No, not usually. But a faulty, dying or dead diode or resistor can.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Here's a few more of my pop rings.

IMG_1157 (resized).JPG

IMG_1158 (resized).JPG

#4686 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

It's in the test menu. It will unload and reload the magnet, and check the optos.

IMG_1154 (resized).JPG

IMG_1155 (resized).JPG

IMG_1156 (resized).JPG

IMG_1153 (resized).JPG

#4687 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It's in the test menu. It will unload and reload the magnet, and check the optos.

Ok, tracking now. I thought it was a separate option that "reset" how strong the magnet was or something crazy. Cool - thanks!!

#4688 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

No, not usually. But a faulty, dying or dead diode or resistor can.

Here's a few more of my pop rings.

I kept the pop bumpers red but added a blue led strip under the rear channel. Looks over saturated in pics but makes the ramp decals glow

#4689 2 years ago

image (resized).jpeg

#4690 2 years ago

OK I now see the plastic you pointed out.

Yep my machine has that in place.

Really at a loss as to why the machine does not hit the skill shot drop from ball launch.

Could I pop in a stronger coil?

#4691 2 years ago

OK I now see the plastic you pointed out.
Yep my machine has that in place.
Really at a loss as to why the machine does not hit the skill shot drop from ball launch.
Could I pop in a stronger coil?

Make sure it's facing the right way.

If it isn't making it, it's gotta be getting hung up somewhere. Watch real close and figure out where you can see it rattle. Top right gate, under the ramp, etc. How does the entrance ramp flap look?

#4692 2 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Make sure it's facing the right way.
If it isn't making it, it's gotta be getting hung up somewhere. Watch real close and figure out where you can see it rattle. Top right gate, under the ramp, etc. How does the entrance ramp flap look?

What he said. I actually removed that plastic bc I was having the same issue....still have it but never put it back on as my ball hits that skill shot drop every time now where as before it didn't. I thought it was the coil strength too....nope nope nope!!

#4693 2 years ago

Need some advice. Trying to sell my nice bsd for only $3000. No interest. Am I off on price? I thought it was more than fair? I want to be realistic and price accordingly. My add is posted here if you need to assess to make an opinion.

#4694 2 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Need some advice. Trying to sell my nice bsd for only $3000. No interest. Am I off on price? I thought it was more than fair? I want to be realistic and price accordingly. My add is posted here if you need to assess to make an opinion.

Well, I mean, I'm sure you did the archive search. In the last year it's sold from $2500 (players condition) up to $3300 (super figgin awesome restored action).

Your's seems right in the middle of that, so I don't think $3k is out of line given sales in the last 6-8 months, especially if someone wants it badly.

But again, it's whatever people want to pay. Are you only selling on Pinside? I can only advise to widen your selling field if you are looking for a quick sale. BSD isn't for everyone, so that may reflect on activity as well.

GLWTS man!

#4695 2 years ago

it's been two weeks; drop it a little.

#4696 2 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Just toggled through your ad and pics. I've seen some pretty good games at decent prices sitting lately, might just be the market. As to your game, it looks pretty damn good compared to others I've seen. Some people aren't big on reimports, that could be one thing. To me if a game is nice, I could care less.

You do have some fading on the left side of the cab, and the right side of the BB is a little dinged up. The planking might be of concern to some people also, and the insert wear. Like I said above, overall your game looks pretty damn nice. Not sure what you're into it for, but I would probably go $2700 - $2800. I've seen some examples in need of TLC go for $2300 - $2500. BSD is a very popular pin and has become more popular in the last 2-3 years, but it's still a game somebody has to want. It's not for everyone (but should be). I would drop it just a little if you really want to move it.

I'm actually surprised it's still there...there haven't been many for sale at all in the last few months. There was only one at Pintastic (other than Gabe's, which wasn't for sale).

#4697 2 years ago

Thanks everyone for the opinions. I want to be realistic. At $2900 I would think someone would maybe throw an offer. We'll see. Not in a rush.

#4698 2 years ago

The things hurting you are the scuff on the right side of the head, the fact that the right side looks "sharpied back to red",the left side has some fade, the Mystery Hole has wear on it, and the rats hole has wear as well.

For $3000, at a minimum, cliffys should be put on the PF wear spots. Decals are much harder to fix for the asking amount. I'd put it at $2700, and that game will disappear fast.

What makes a game really sell is when you have documentation of all the fixes you've performed. One of my BSDs is owned here by a fellow pinsider - I made that sucker a tank when I was done fixing it. As of now, after 3 or 4 years, he still hasn't reported a single problem to me. THAT kind of reassurance to a buyer will really help you. Not to say you're at fault if you haven't had to work on it to that point; it just always makes buyers feel better about buying one when they know it's been heavily worked on under the hood.

#4699 2 years ago

i thought it was funny you specified german reimport. i had a german JD, and it was in nice shape, too. my WCS, however...

#4700 2 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the left kickout not firing the ball?

Sometimes it works fine and other times I have to shake the machine to get it to kickout. I cleaned the optos and made sure the solder was good there.

What is the next thing I should check? Could it be the 10 opto board?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
3,400 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Albany, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 7173 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 144.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside