Topic Stats

• 7,157 posts
  • 588 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by 27dnast
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,207 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D235FBBE-A0A3-4E07-A2E1-2F7FF1F0DAD1 (resized).jpeg
View album “Recents” (resized).png
IMG_5136 (resized).jpg
IMG_5137 (resized).jpg
BSD post (resized).jpg
IMG_4444 (resized).jpg
IMG_1213 (resized).jpg
Drac (resized).jpg
IMG_1235 (resized).jpg
IMG_1234 (resized).jpg
IMG_1233 (resized).jpg
IMG_1217 (resized).jpg
20190813_172824 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg
20190804_130029 (resized).jpg
20190810_152719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7157 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 144.
#4601 2 years ago

Looks pretty sweet.

#4602 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

My idea is this ...

Get some of this and make it light up red. You can cut the sheets to size. amazon.com link »

#4603 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Use red foil stuck to back of the hinge to bring out the logo.
Not got my Dracula yet... next week sometime. Will post picture of how it looks.

That looks awesome...where did you get them? Definitely post pics once you have it and they're on.

#4604 2 years ago

Added the custom pincup from Modfather last night.

photo 8 (resized).JPG

#4605 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Added the custom pincup from Modfather last night.

I know it's there.....but I can't see it

#4606 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Trying to pick this one up...I think it was a one-off by Xtreme Pinball. If anybody has a lead, let me know.

That's a topper I drew up in Illustrator and had Greg cut for me. He has since sold the same topper to at least one other person (the person who took the photo you posted), so maybe he can still make those if you message him? https://www.facebook.com/Xtreme-Pinball-362268050466195/

pasted_image (resized).png

#4607 2 years ago
Quoted from kevinleedrum:

That's a topper I drew up in Illustrator and had Greg cut for me. He has since sold the same topper to at least one other person (the person who took the photo you posted), so maybe he can still make those if you message him? https://www.facebook.com/Xtreme-Pinball-362268050466195/

Awesome...I had messaged him on FB, but I try not going on that site often. Any other contact info for him? If so, shoot me a PM. Thanks for lookin out!!

#4608 2 years ago

I had one on my BSD, which I've since sold. Game is located in the UK. I think I bought it a year, year and a half ago. He did get back to me eventually but it was a while ago.

20150422_190946 (resized).jpg

#4609 2 years ago

Been going through a BSD for my friend. I read in a few posts how people have installed red LEDs for "Love never dies" lighting on speaker panel. Took some red LED strips and soldered them onto the light board and removed the bulbs. Really looks good when complete.

IMG_2039 (resized).JPG

#4610 2 years ago

Hey all! I'm doing a flash sale, my lowest prices ever. Ends tomorrow at Midnight!

BSD Dracula Coffin mod - $155 usd

Terminator 2 T1000 mod - colour - $60

Terminator 2 T1000 mod - chrome - $40

all prices are in USD, include shipping and the T1000's include free custom instruction cards. Please send payment via Paypal to sales@pinballcustoms.com and include in the notes what you're buying.

thanks!

6e38ef6d7b0565a05b6eb24bff377e9bed27a7d1 (resized).jpg

db008e8cc21eed289c8543c38fab50e6da9d659b (resized).jpg

#4611 2 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Been going through a BSD for my friend. I read in a few posts how people have installed red LEDs for "Love never dies" lighting on speaker panel. Took some red LED strips and soldered them onto the light board and removed the bulbs. Really looks good when complete.

Got any pictured of it lit up? Was thinking of doing something similar but with blue.

#4612 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Got any pictured of it lit up? Was thinking of doing something similar but with blue.

Texted you a video of it. Hopefully you still have the same phone number.

#4613 2 years ago

Hi!

Got this nice cross-mod from Morpheus and PinballProbs.

Unfortunately i ordered original fit,but i needed repro fit.(just didn´t know that i had a repro plastic there)
That´s why there is this little grey sticker in front of the screw.

Looks much better than before.

IMAG1536 (resized).jpg
IMAG1525 (resized).jpg

#4614 2 years ago

Do you have contact info for purchasing that?

#4615 2 years ago

looks good; i'd have one.

#4616 2 years ago

He doesn't want to ship anymore individual units to the USA, due to customs BS. We are putting together a group buy if you're interested. I can add you to the order list if you want. Here's the link / thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsdracula-3-d-tombstone-cover/page/5#post-3787868

#4617 2 years ago

Can someone with a BSD do a quick test for me? Can you go to Tests then GI Tests and run the GI string tests. I'm interested in the last string test that is run off Q12. Does the last string dim like all the other GI strings? Mine doesn't and before I replace Q12, just want to make sure mine is really having issues first. Thanks.

#4618 2 years ago

Last bump of the sale!!

I also have an unpainted dud of the Drac in the back there.. $50 shipped to whoever wants it. It's all prepped and ready to go. It's 1/4" too short.

20170530_224211 (resized).jpg

#4619 2 years ago

Anyone know who has the Homepin 24" Opto (A-15646) replacement in stock?

#4620 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Anyone know who has the Homepin 24" Opto (A-15646) replacement in stock?

John's Arcade was the only place I knew that carried them and I got one for my old BSD a few years ago. I see they are out of stock, so I might call them or contact homepin directly on here and ask.

#4621 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

John's Arcade was the only place I knew that carried them and I got one for my old BSD a few years ago. I see they are out of stock, so I might call them or contact homepin directly on here and ask.

Thanks, I reached out. I had one of the capacitors die and short on mine, I replaced it and can run the mag test fine but now it will dump the balls immediately once it is loaded in the normal game.

#4622 2 years ago

Added the PBLife speaker LED's, but the MET skulls that I was trying to alter from Modfather were a no go, unfortunately. Would have had to drill the panel and really manipulate it, and I don't like installing mods that can't be undone easily (not that I ever want to sell this). Still looks great even w/o the skulls. It's come a long way from the shitshow it was when I bought it home (last pic).

IMG_0708 (resized).JPG

IMG_0710 (resized).JPG

IMG_0713 (resized).JPG

IMG_0715 (resized).JPG

IMG_4877 (resized).JPG

#4623 2 years ago

Finished up the backbox leds on the BSD I am working on, came out really nice. Also took out the original orange dmd and installed a red led dmd out of my Metallica. So much brighter and clearer.

IMG_2127.JPG

#4624 2 years ago

IMG_8670 (resized).JPG

#4625 2 years ago

Is there an insert decal set available for BSD? My mist multiball and mystery inserts need a decal

#4626 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is there an insert decal set available for BSD? My mist multiball and mystery inserts need a decal

I don't think so. People are always looking for the lightning bolt decals. I've never looked though.

Nice looking game pinhead1982

#4627 2 years ago

Ready for the other new ramps. Hope they get done soon.

thumbnail_IMG_1697 (resized).jpg

#4628 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Ready for the other new ramps. Hope they get done soon.

Are these lift ramps available somewhere or did you make this up yourself? I've thought about making one up myself but not sure about how to go about riveting the metal ramp onto the plastic.

#4629 2 years ago
Quoted from Benobutton:

Are these lift ramps available somewhere or did you make this up yourself? I've thought about making one up myself but not sure about how to go about riveting the metal ramp onto the plastic.

I bought the ramp off etsy, the flap from pinbits and rivited it together from the parts from the old ramp.

#4630 2 years ago

Dracula remains a staple of my bedroom

IMG_20170611_204426 (resized).jpg

#4631 2 years ago

I'm looking to add a BSD to my collection. Owner previous to this one installed a post between the flippers - post is very low on the playfield and not right between the flippers. Is this a deal-breaker? Small brain is so confused... (Two photos below - one with the post circled and one without.)

bsd (resized).jpg

bsd-post (resized).jpg

#4632 2 years ago

Depends what he's selling the game for. You can easily remove the post, but it's going to leave a hole that you can either leave or fix. Typically games that have posts they are not directly between the flippers but lower. But since the Love Never Dies insert is about where the post would normally be on games that have them, they opted to install it even further down. I think it's far enough down you can remove it and repair it and it wouldn't be really noticeable if you did a halfway decent job.

#4633 2 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Depends what he's selling the game for. You can easily remove the post, but it's going to leave a hole that you can either leave or fix. Typically games that have posts they are not directly between the flippers but lower. But since the Love Never Dies insert is about where the post would normally be on games that have them, they opted to install it even further down. I think it's far enough down you can remove it and repair it and it wouldn't be really noticeable if you did a halfway decent job.

Thanks - I was wondering why the heck the post was placed so low. I didn't consider the insert...

#4634 2 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

Owner previous to this one installed a post between the flippers - post is very low on the playfield and not right between the flippers.

Wouldn't be a dealbreaker, but why make BSD easier? Putting posts between the flips takes out some of the challenge....tell him that is weak. You can definitely remove that post and repair it, just don't damage the LND insert.

#4635 2 years ago

i was wondering if anyone has replaced their MPU board with a rottendog aftermarket? i have one on order and will be installing it next week, and was just interested in feedback. My original is finally toast, too much humidity corrision on all of the U chip legs finally has taken its toll.

#4636 2 years ago

Not to sidetrack from BSD, but felt this was relevant, at least part way. Went to pick up a game for another Pinsider last weekend to bring up to Pintastic, and the seller had this. What are the chances? I was more than happy to take it off his hands...and did.

Vamp slot (resized).jpg

Vamp slot 2 (resized).jpg

Vamp slot 3 (resized).jpg

Vamp slot 4 (resized).jpg

#4637 2 years ago

0617171813a_resized (resized).jpg

0617171821_resized (resized).jpg

0617171812_resized (resized).jpg

#4638 2 years ago

Looks real cool!
Is that an EL panel behind it?
I'd prefer to have "LOVE NEVER DIES" also illuminated

#4639 2 years ago

Will this panel work with color dmds and the larger flipper fidelity and pin pro speakers

#4640 2 years ago

Not a fan of the blocking out on Love Never Dies on the lit speaker panel.

#4641 2 years ago

ya, looks like a piece of green tape blocking the LoveNeverDies. what is the reasoning for blocking that out?!

#4642 2 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Looks real cool!
Is that an EL panel behind it?
I'd prefer to have "LOVE NEVER DIES" also illuminated

Not an EL panel, this is done with LED's. With an EL panel you don't have enough brightness, cannot change the brightness or color.

Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Will this panel work with color dmds and the larger flipper fidelity and pin pro speakers

Yes, this will work with a color DMD and upgraded speakers.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

ya, looks like a piece of green tape blocking the LoveNeverDies. what is the reasoning for blocking that out?!

Yes, this is the original plastic that came with the game. On the original plastic they put that square of a silver material that won't allow light to pass. That silver material is not over the words "LoveNeverDies".

Thanks for all of the feedback. I have an aftermarket speaker plastic that I will put in the game and take pictures in a few days. The after market plastic does not have the silver material on it, but they do put black over the entire back, so you lose some of the color. Our panel does have cut outs in the same size as were on the original wood panel.

I have attached a few images. The first is of a couple of Dr. Who Panels. The top panel is the original in the game, the bottom is our lighted speaker panel. The way the Dr. Who panel has cut outs under the DMD, the Dracula panel also has those.

In a week we will have over 20 Bally/Williams lighted speaker panels available starting at $199.99, I will give further information at that time. The second picture is 9 Bally/Williams games we have done, the third picture has Creature from the black lagoon and an older prototype of Frankenstein and Walking Dead. Sega and Stern panels won't be available for at the best 3 to 4 months.

Thanks on your feedback.

Dan

0615171635b_resized (resized).jpg

0615171208_resized (resized).jpg

0604171853d_resized (resized).jpg

#4643 2 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Not an EL panel, this is done with LED's. With an EL panel you don't have enough brightness, cannot change the brightness or color.

Yes, this will work with a color DMD and upgraded speakers.

Yes, this is the original plastic that came with the game. On the original plastic they put that square of a silver material that won't allow light to pass. That silver material is not over the words "LoveNeverDies".
Thanks for all of the feedback. I have an aftermarket speaker plastic that I will put in the game and take pictures in a few days. The after market plastic does not have the silver material on it, but they do put black over the entire back, so you lose some of the color. Our panel does have cut outs in the same size as were on the original wood panel.
I have attached a few images. The first is of a couple of Dr. Who Panels. The top panel is the original in the game, the bottom is our lighted speaker panel. The way the Dr. Who panel has cut outs under the DMD, the Dracula panel also has those.
In a week we will have over 20 Bally/Williams lighted speaker panels available starting at $199.99, I will give further information at that time. The second picture is 9 Bally/Williams games we have done, the third picture has Creature from the black lagoon and an older prototype of Frankenstein and Walking Dead. Sega and Stern panels won't be available for at the best 3 to 4 months.
Thanks on your feedback.
Dan

Please take pictures with the aftermarket panel as i have one for my color dmd. Also you guys should do illuminated rule cards. I have a set in my bsd but you can't get them anymore

received_1536093956434878 (resized).jpeg

#4644 2 years ago

Please take pictures with the aftermarket panel as i have one for my color dmd. Also you guys should do illuminated rule cards. I have a set in my bsd but you can't get them anymore

Where did you get them? Did Rick shut it down?

#4645 2 years ago

Here are some pictures with the after market panel. This panel is the Rick approved Bally/Williams genuine product. The sliver area is removed, but the entire back is black out, so it does not give as much brightness or color variation. You can see the black cut outs from our panel around Love Never Dies.

All of this pictures are set with a different color, but look very similar.

Many people that have a color DMD have an aftermarket plastic speaker panel, because of the red tint on the DMD area of the original.

This is the same exact panel as used in the post a few posts up.

0618171338_resized (resized).jpg

0618171338b_resized (resized).jpg

0618171339_resized (resized).jpg

0618171339a_resized (resized).jpg

0618171340_resized (resized).jpg

0618171340a_resized (resized).jpg

0618171340b_resized (resized).jpg

#4646 2 years ago

The words LOVE NEVER DIES will light up normally as on game play.

#4647 2 years ago

Wait, so this is an add on to existing speaker panel, not a replacement panel? Well that makes it more interesting. I thought it was a replacement panel, which is why I wouldn't support it (Because classic arcades sucks at making repros).

#4648 2 years ago

Yes, your instruction cards look great. We also sell the glowing instruction cards. We are making a small change to our cards, and will have them out again in a month or 2. Focusing on getting most of our lighted speaker panels in games or in a stand and taking pictures of all of the variations, and should have that done in a week and ready to purchase on line in a week. In July we are getting our lighted shooter covers (still working on) and our plasma pop bumpers all done and available online. Plan to have our updated glowing instruction cards up and available online in August. During that time should add about 50 play field mods.

Dan

#4649 2 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Wait, so this is an add on to existing speaker panel, not a replacement panel? Well that makes it more interesting. I thought it was a replacement panel, which is why I wouldn't support it (Because classic arcades sucks at making repros).

All of our lighted speaker panels work with your original plastic speaker panel, DMD and speakers. They are also designed to work with color DMD and after market speakers.

#4650 2 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Here are some pictures with the after market panel. This panel is the Rick approved Bally/Williams genuine product. The sliver area is removed, but the entire back is black out, so it does not give as much brightness or color variation. You can see the black cut outs from our panel around Love Never Dies.
All of this pictures are set with a different color, but look very similar.
Many people that have a color DMD have an aftermarket plastic speaker panel, because of the red tint on the DMD area of the original.
This is the same exact panel as used in the post a few posts up.

Come on Dan!! 549 mil the best you can do? LOL

IMG_0910 (resized).PNG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Zamora, CL
$ 63.50
$ 14.95
There are 7157 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 144.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside