Topic Stats

• 7,173 posts
  • 590 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by dudah
  • Topic is favorited by 228 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,209 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191010_233110_130 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200219_194112 (resized).jpg
D235FBBE-A0A3-4E07-A2E1-2F7FF1F0DAD1 (resized).jpeg
View album “Recents” (resized).png
IMG_5136 (resized).jpg
IMG_5137 (resized).jpg
BSD post (resized).jpg
IMG_4444 (resized).jpg
IMG_1213 (resized).jpg
Drac (resized).jpg
IMG_1235 (resized).jpg
IMG_1234 (resized).jpg
IMG_1233 (resized).jpg
IMG_1217 (resized).jpg
20190813_172824 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7173 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 144.
#4551 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Haha! I was actually looking for something larger at one point...

Definitely throw some light up flipper buttons in that.

Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Don't tell the speakers you stole there panels to make a GIANT key fob

And talking about speakers, I also picked these up from Modfather...just waiting on my LED strips and then have to mod them slightly to fit BSD. Should look good after, and bring a little more life to the speaker panel.

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#4552 2 years ago

Those are sick! (Great job modfather) I have a small CNC and will have to come up with something as well, It would be nice to have a laser CNC...

I do have translucent red buttons on it now but will plan to LED them soon, thanks for the reminder.

#4553 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Those are sick! (Great job modfather) I have a small CNC and will have to come up with something as well, It would be nice to have a laser CNC...
I do have translucent red buttons on it now but will plan to LED them soon, thanks for the reminder.

Absolutely...I saw your buttons were translucent and thought you might be...reminders are always good.

And definitely if you can...a laser CNC always comes in handy. I was talking with Modf, and he mentioned that he made these for Met Pro/LE/Prem. I thought they seemed way too fitting for BSD given the fangs, and would be a perfect fit. I have to redrill slightly for a WPC panel, but it should work out. I'll throw a pic up once I get them in.

#4554 2 years ago

Only thing I see you need is new ramps with new decals that are not wrinkled! That is one amazing BSD! Absolutely gorgeous.

#4555 2 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Only thing I see you need is new ramps with new decals that are not wrinkled! That is one amazing BSD! Absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you! I have a NOS main ramp but those decals are bubbled as well. Looks like I'll have to look into that though.

#4556 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Hey all, been a member for awhile but the pin was torn apart for most of this time. Bought BSD from a friend had a minty PF and full LED. I played it for a few weeks, loving it and knew that I needed to rip it apart and shine up the rest of it! I guess that I can't say 'bring it back to life'...
No disrespect to those who have gone with straight red but it just didn't do it for me. After spending a month or so looking around I found what I think is a great fit (no it's not the same as WOZ RR75th) and then decided to take the trek...
I've compiled a series of pictures to provide a sense of the tear down and rebuild. It's quite difficult to have the camera capture what you actually see so that could explain why the other red works for some. Have a look and see what you think.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!An-v_bkyKrvlhjwVYJ8zr14R7now (pics only link should be ok from what I see in the rules, if not I will immediately remove)
I almost forgot, after having installed a pinsound in my IJ, I decided to keep the RED display on BSD (I love the original display but may fall for the colorDMD if I see it in person) and spend the money instead on a pinsound for it. I am 80+ hours into a resampling of audio from the movie and it's worth every minute. The game is over the top!

Wow. What did you use on the cab to give it that shine?

#4557 2 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Wow. What did you use on the cab to give it that shine?

Lots and lots of prep work and then just applied a black automotive acrylic enamel. Everything else is automotive base coat and clear.

#4558 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Lots and lots of prep work and then just applied a black automotive acrylic enamel. Everything else is automotive base coat and clear.

Very nice. Would you mind sharing links to where one could buy the black automotive acrylic enamel, base coat and clear? I've always heard people talk about these automotive paints and clear coats but never know what to actually buy.

Thanks!

#4559 2 years ago

W00t. Finally joined!
I'll have some pics one I set it up.

20170506_170111 (resized).jpg

#4560 2 years ago

I've joined the club! Must admit, this was a game I had never played or even thought about. Maybe the theme, maybe because it didn't pull me in with the artwork but WOW! What a game. I know new games cop a hammering at first but I picked up an Addams family two days before and BSD is getting played at least 3-4 times more than TAF.
Pics of when I got it home and in the line up.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#4561 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I've joined the club! Must admit, this was a game I had never played or even thought about. Maybe the theme, maybe because it didn't pull me in with the artwork but WOW! What a game. I know new games cop a hammering at first but I picked up an Addams family two days before and BSD is getting played at least 3-4 times more than TAF.
Pics of when I got it home and in the line up.

Might be off topic here but what lights did you put behind the word "Creature" on The CFTBL machine to get it lighting up like that!

#4562 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Might be off topic here but what lights did you put behind the word "Creature" on The CFTBL machine to get it lighting up like that!

It was like that when I got it. . It's just coloured LEDs behind each individual letter. The light shield behind the letters block the light so only one gets lit up by each colour.

#4563 2 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Some phones won't glow with IR so test another opto to make sure you're getting a valid reading. If that's all good then check the voltage across the send opto (one lead on each side). Also check the inductor as noted in the article.

What should the voltage be on the send opto?

#4564 2 years ago
Quoted from ruddiger52:

What should the voltage be on the send opto?

You want to take the reading across the opto. If the opto is working you'll get a small voltage drop. If it's not working you'll read 12-14 volts.

#4565 2 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

You want to take the reading across the opto. If the opto is working you'll get a small voltage drop. If it's not working you'll read 12-14 volts.

Yes thank you! Dead opto. Replaced and mist is working!

#4566 2 years ago

Arrgghhhh!!!!! I just now go to play literally my first game after a month of troubleshooting mist multi ball (Bad transmitter) and the start up tells me a ball is missing?!! Start a game anyway and realize ball drains are not recognized!! The drain switch is not registering in test. SIGHHHH

I don't get it. This game is beautiful and I have yet to play a fully working game. I picked up a T2 that looked like it came off the titanic and other than a flipper rebuild, I haven't had to do anything but clean it. Works great.

#4567 2 years ago
Quoted from ruddiger52:

I don't get it. This game is beautiful and I have yet to play a fully working game

BSD is a finicky pin. Everything needs to be exact due to the complexities of the Mist feature. Lots going on and hardly ever -adjust once and done. Had mine perfect for 6 months then a bad opto gave me fits. Finally found it, replaced it and back up and running!!!

#4568 2 years ago

Yea I'm learning this the hard way

Hopefully get to play it someday!

#4569 2 years ago
Quoted from ruddiger52:

Arrgghhhh!!!!! I just now go to play literally my first game after a month of troubleshooting mist multi ball (Bad transmitter) and the start up tells me a ball is missing?!! Start a game anyway and realize ball drains are not recognized!! The drain switch is not registering in test. SIGHHHH
I don't get it. This game is beautiful and I have yet to play a fully working game. I picked up a T2 that looked like it came off the titanic and other than a flipper rebuild, I haven't had to do anything but clean it. Works great.

Patience is mandatory with this game. BSD is by far the most finicky pin I have worked, and I have had three of them now. My first two were like Ferraris, beautiful to look at, but a PITA when they acted up. You'll get there. Don't lose sight of the end goal.

#4570 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Hey all, been a member for awhile but the pin was torn apart for most of this time. Bought BSD from a friend had a minty PF and full LED. I played it for a few weeks, loving it and knew that I needed to rip it apart and shine up the rest of it! I guess that I can't say 'bring it back to life'...
No disrespect to those who have gone with straight red but it just didn't do it for me. After spending a month or so looking around I found what I think is a great fit (no it's not the same as WOZ RR75th) and then decided to take the trek...
I've compiled a series of pictures to provide a sense of the tear down and rebuild. It's quite difficult to have the camera capture what you actually see so that could explain why the other red works for some. Have a look and see what you think.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!An-v_bkyKrvlhjwVYJ8zr14R7now (pics only link should be ok from what I see in the rules, if not I will immediately remove)
I almost forgot, after having installed a pinsound in my IJ, I decided to keep the RED display on BSD (I love the original display but may fall for the colorDMD if I see it in person) and spend the money instead on a pinsound for it. I am 80+ hours into a resampling of audio from the movie and it's worth every minute. The game is over the top!

I love the movie soundtrack so that would be interesting to hear but I think I will stick to the original game sountrack. I love it so much.

#4571 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I love the movie soundtrack so that would be interesting to hear but I think I will stick to the original game sountrack. I love it so much.

+1^^^. Definitely some of the best audio and call out packages in pinball IMO...even in attract mode. Although he always happens to say "I never drink wine" when I have a glass in my hand. To be honest, I usually talk back to the game and say "Well, I do." I'm a dork.

It's funny but the pop bumper sounds at times almost feel like they are integrated in timing with the music. Music is borderline morbid, and fits the game so perfectly. BSD and Class of 1812 both have awesome and fitting music.

#4572 2 years ago

I dance to the attract music. It's rockin'

#4573 2 years ago

Colson, did you see those light up speaker panels? Very cool.

#4574 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Colson, did you see those light up speaker panels? Very cool.

I did...they were right next to our booths and I went over and looked several times. But I already ordered the speaker lights from PLife and have those skull acrylics from Modfather I posted above that I'm going to throw in mine. I might end up grabbing one anyway at some point.

#4575 2 years ago

Plus, I started tear down for the resto on my Bally Vamp last night. I think this will have me busy for my foreseeable pinball future...but will be so worth it in the end.

Vamp 3 (resized).JPG

Vamp 4 (resized).JPG

#4576 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Plus, I started tear down for the resto on my Bally Vamp last night. I think this will have me busy for my foreseeable pinball future...but will be so worth it in the end.

Is that a very fun game? I've heard it's kind of so-so.

#4577 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is that a very fun game? I've heard it's kind of so-so.

It is fun...once you get past the need to nudge the hell out of it to avoid the monstrous outlanes...not as bad as Jubilee though. The up-post helps a lot during play. Upper left bonus shot is great, but I think an orbit or at least a 1/2 loop would have improved this layout tremendously.

But for the art package alone, the rarity, and the fact that it's 1 of only 3 true vampire pins in all of US manufactured games...worth having in a heartbeat. God willing mine is never going anywhere. Probably gonna start a resto thread shortly once I get moving.

#4578 2 years ago

If someone could post a pic of a properly wired outhole switch I would be most grateful

Added over 3 years ago: Nevermind I figured out the issue. Switch is starting to go.

#4579 2 years ago

Can a new sticker be purchased for back wood panel on BSD? See attached pic. If anyone has a link I would really appreciate it. Thanks! Craig

2017-05-15_7-48-37 (resized).jpg

#4580 2 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Can a new sticker be purchased for back wood panel on BSD? See attached pic. If anyone has a link I would really appreciate it. Thanks! Craig

Pm sent

#4581 2 years ago

I've got an issue on my BSD for a few years now and I'd like to finally fix it. What happens is when first fired up when cold the insert lamps barely flicker I have leds btw. After about 3 minutes of playing slowly everything comes to life. I've checked all solder points on the back of the driver board

#4582 2 years ago

I've got my game set up to NOT dump any leftover balls in the Castle Lock between games. When I turn the game off and back on again the balls locked in the Castle Lock will dump into the plunger lane and get shot out onto the playfield in order to drain before a new game can be started. The annoying/noisy thing is that the Mist Ball also drops out of its slot, the Mist motor runs from one side of the game to the other, All the solenoids start firing, and finally the Mist Ball is reloaded into its spot. Is this normal? Seems like a lot of unnecessary hullaballoo going on just to empty the Castle Lock.

If I set the adjustments to purge the Castle Lock between games, it still goes through the whole dog and pony show of balls dumping and solenoids firing btw. For some reason I feel like the Mist Ball should be staying put and the solenoids don't need to be firing. It seems to be acting exactly like a Ball Search to me.

#4583 2 years ago

Mine does that

#4584 2 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

I've got my game set up to NOT dump any leftover balls in the Castle Lock between games. When I turn the game off and back on again the balls locked in the Castle Lock will dump into the plunger lane and get shot out onto the playfield in order to drain before a new game can be started. The annoying/noisy thing is that the Mist Ball also drops out of its slot, the Mist motor runs from one side of the game to the other, All the solenoids start firing, and finally the Mist Ball is reloaded into its spot. Is this normal? Seems like a lot of unnecessary hullaballoo going on just to empty the Castle Lock.
If I set the adjustments to purge the Castle Lock between games, it still goes through the whole dog and pony show of balls dumping and solenoids firing btw. For some reason I feel like the Mist Ball should be staying put and the solenoids don't need to be firing. It seems to be acting exactly like a Ball Search to me.

That's normal. I actually thought most pins do that on startup but I guess not.

#4585 2 years ago

shock_me I had a very similar issue and I searched everywhere for help on it. Turned out one of my boards was missing a capacitor that a lot of these games shipped without. Got the right one, soldered it in and mist hasn't emptied on start up since then.

#4586 2 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

shock_me I had a very similar issue and I searched everywhere for help on it. Turned out one of my boards was missing a capacitor that a lot of these games shipped without. Got the right one, soldered it in and mist hasn't emptied on start up since then.

Do tell. Mine does the same thing.

#4587 2 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

For some reason I feel like the Mist Ball should be staying put and the solenoids don't need to be firing. It seems to be acting exactly like a Ball Search to me.

Two seperate issues. For some reason, that I've been unable to determine, the game will sometimes unload the mist ball and then reload it after being power cycled. I've owned 3 BSD's over the years and they all did this. I have never seen the solenoids firing during this process. That sounds like a ball search. Go into switch edge test and make sure all of your switches/optos are working.

#4588 2 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Two seperate issues. For some reason, that I've been unable to determine, the game will sometimes unload the mist ball and then reload it after being power cycled. I've owned 3 BSD's over the years and they all did this. I have never seen the solenoids firing during this process. That sounds like a ball search. Go into switch edge test and make sure all of your switches/optos are working.

Mine does the same thing. Sometimes just reloads mist ball, sometimes does full ball search. Game plays fine otherwise.

#4589 2 years ago

aobrien5 I'm not the only one who had success. My BSD would eject the mist ball at every power on and go through some weird sequence of the motor going back forth before reloading. It also would fail the magnet test because the gate would close at the wrong time in test mode only - not in a real game. This C2 capicitor fixed all of that:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-mist-gates-issue

Hope it helps!

#4591 2 years ago

IMG_3831 (resized).PNG

#4592 2 years ago

Trying to pick this one up...I think it was a one-off by Xtreme Pinball. If anybody has a lead, let me know.

dracula topper (resized).jpg

#4593 2 years ago

Here's 2 statues I purchased for my BSD. Very detailed!
DSC05437 (resized).JPG
BSD (37) (resized).JPG
BSD (36) (resized).JPG

#4594 2 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Here's 2 statues I purchased for my BSD. Very detailed!

Love it. And it goes with your black, dark game. LOL.

#4595 2 years ago

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for a topper like this one

img_3874 (resized).jpg

#4596 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for a topper like this one

Now THATS cool. I've been putting off adding a topper to my BSD bc I haven't seen anything worthy enough to sit atop there. This with some moving spot lights on it on either side would be a sweet set up.

#4598 2 years ago

Got these today...

IMG_8593 (resized).JPG

#4599 2 years ago

My idea is this ...

IMG_8592 (resized).JPG

#4600 2 years ago

Use red foil stuck to back of the hinge to bring out the logo.

Not got my Dracula yet... next week sometime. Will post picture of how it looks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Des Moines, IA
There are 7173 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 144.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside