4 years ago

Stats

• Started 4 years ago
  • 4,541 posts
  • 424 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Colsond3
  • 0 Pinsiders viewed this thread 0 times

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

2017-04-26_9-39-27 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
ir_silk (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
bsd2 (resized).jpg
bsd (resized).png
BSD2 (resized).jpg

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

There are 4541 posts in topic. You are on page 88 of 91.
#4351 73 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

From what I can tell they matched it to the red in the word dracula on the playfield, but again I agree with you, its not for me, but figured maybe someone else would like it.

Are you going to own it long enough for it to matter?

Those wireforms are different but not bad. I prefer the standard chrome though.

#4352 72 days ago
Quoted from NPO:

So I'll vouch and say I have actually SEEN this be the case. Note this post from 2 years ago:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=npo#post-1872865
My castle lock optos were reading out of order. If I recall correctly, they were triggering 2-1-3 instead of 1-2-3. I knew there was no way the wires just magically "swapped places" on the optos. I ordered the new board as I had heard great things about them, and sure enough, my optos triggered in the correct sequence at that point.
Seeing is believing, and that was all I needed to be sold.
Unfortunately, now the new board is faulty; however....
Think if I hadn't just installed this board and my mist ball circuit started acting up. I'd be installing a faulty unit into my game, and then I'd really be chasing my tail. No thanks.
So, at the end of the day, yes, I do buy boards to keep my games sound. I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.
YMMV.

So, I wanted to post a resolution to this situation.

To recap: Dec 2016, I purchased both opto boards for BSD. I'm a big believer in preventative maintenance, and when a 25 year old PCB burns out on me, I don't want to wait a month to get it from Australia. I want it now.

So I got both, and unfortunately, both of them were faulty boards.

Mike from Homepin got two new boards on their way to me with quick shipping from Australia. He wanted no money for them; he sent them right away. I have since received and installed them (probably about 1.5 weeks ago now), and I am pleased to say my game is 100% fully functional. Everything works, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my BSD playing probably no joke 50-100 games on it since installing the replacement boards Mike sent to me.

Buy Homepin's products with confidence. He did right with me, and I will always support and toot the horn of a good businessman like Mike.

#4353 72 days ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Are you going to own it long enough for it to matter?
Those wireforms are different but not bad. I prefer the standard chrome though.

Hey now! Haha okay, so maybe I go through a decent amount of games, but I can't help it, I want them all and I only have a small house. Dracula is literally just sitting in the middle of my living room between the couch and tv at the moment, and I'm putting a game on location again just to make some room for it.

#4354 71 days ago

If i end up with this pin, I have some options for powder coating.

For the armor, either Red or black. Both look good IMO. Any other pros/cons for each?

I am having a tough time picking wireform colors if any. Possibly a teal/light blue flecked with white or some other colour to match some of the playfield. Also maybe different colors for each one

Any thoughts?

#4355 71 days ago
Quoted from Boat:

If i end up with this pin, I have some options for powder coating.
For the armor, either Red or black. Both look good IMO. Any other pros/cons for each?
I am having a tough time picking wireform colors if any. Possibly a teal/light blue flecked with white or some other colour to match some of the playfield. Also maybe different colors for each one
Any thoughts?

If I do mine, it'll be black armor and black wireforms

#4356 71 days ago

so tough to decide I love the wireforms on @thetoyphantom 's pin. What's the colour pallet. Blood red and black "flake"?

#4357 70 days ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Hey now! Haha okay, so maybe I go through a decent amount of games, but I can't help it, I want them all and I only have a small house. Dracula is literally just sitting in the middle of my living room between the couch and tv at the moment, and I'm putting a game on location again just to make some room for it.

How does yours play?

Mine has been pretty solid. If I can quit being so lazy and get the thing cleaned up, I might try to take it to LAX. I'm sure some will want to see the colorDMD in mine.

#4358 70 days ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

How does yours play?
Mine has been pretty solid. If I can quit being so lazy and get the thing cleaned up, I might try to take it to LAX. I'm sure some will want to see the colorDMD in mine.

Well since mine doesn't play currently I will go with not well haha, but it was bought knowing that. I posted a thread yesterday about a few of the issues and got some good advice on how to fix her up. Also it appears that the wireforms and red armor are claimed.

#4359 68 days ago

This is my favorite pin of all time, I wish the dracula coffin either opened when fighting dracula or the coffin raised. I guess making a mechanical thing like that might be too deep of a mod. Sure would be nice if that toy was more active.

#4360 66 days ago

Music is fading in and out and some sounds are extra loud. Tried reseating ribbon cables and IC chips on the sound card to no avail. Could this be a voltage issue?

#4361 66 days ago

i have the some things are louder than others "issue". had the same on my HS2. i think i'm on volume 11. if i go up to 12, it evens it out (everything loud). i always figured it was pre-DCS crappy sound programming.

#4362 66 days ago

certain sounds will gain volume by design. the pop bumper sfx for instance, gets really loud when in one or multiple MB modes.

#4363 66 days ago
Quoted from Sethman:

certain sounds will gain volume by design. the pop bumper sfx for instance, gets really loud when in one or multiple MB modes.

This is true, and quite surprising the first time you notice it happening as it gets very loud. There is also an option to turn the multiball volume spike off, which I eventually did

#4364 66 days ago

Ahhh, so that's going to be unrelated to the music fading in and out or dropping out completely. That's good to know

#4365 66 days ago
Quoted from mrserv0n:

This is my favorite pin of all time, I wish the dracula coffin either opened when fighting dracula or the coffin raised. I guess making a mechanical thing like that might be too deep of a mod. Sure would be nice if that toy was more active.

For me it was way to big to not do anything. Personally, I would prefer the coffin as the physical lock and the castle as the virtual lock. Either way we're nitpicking about a great machine.

#4366 66 days ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Yeah Dracula also gets loud sometimes too. I think ball save dialogue is one.

#4367 63 days ago

I'm getting started in streaming, and put some games on my BSD last night: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/124273172

Any feedback appreciated - other than I suck at Pinball - I already know that

1 week later
#4368 55 days ago

In case that you missed the BSD new ramps available soon thread...please take a look at it if interested in new ramps. Thanks.

#4369 54 days ago

Little fun mods

IMG_5672 (resized).JPG

#4370 54 days ago
Quoted from PjM:

In case that you missed the BSD new ramps available soon thread...please take a look at it if interested in new ramps. Thanks.

To help people:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-new-ramps

Could get a lot of interested people in on this one.

#4371 52 days ago

Guys, keep getting a credit dot from switch 31 - the rollover switch under the launch ramp (where it feeds the ball to mist home). Seems the ball is not engaging the switch, because when i put it in switch edge test and manually depress the switch (from under playfield), it registers. Problem is hard to diagnose though because i cannot roll a ball up under their manually.

I am still pretty new at adjusting switches. Leaf switches seem much easier, but how do I adjust this rollover switch so it engages? I tried to kinda bend up the metal wire, but that has not helped. Any ideas?

#4372 52 days ago

bend it up a lot. don't be nervous. bend it at the factory bend closest to the actuator, too. i use needle-nose pliers.

#4373 52 days ago

opinions?
IMAG0548[1] (resized).jpg
IMAG0551[1] (resized).jpg
first is what i had in it, flat-top frosted natural whites. second is single smb frosted sunlights. i wanted brighter and i wanted to bring the red and orange back out in it. now that i did it, not sure i like it. definitely lost some blue.

#4374 52 days ago
Quoted from weaverj:

opinions?

first is what i had in it, flat-top frosted natural whites. second is single smb frosted sunlights. i wanted brighter and i wanted to bring the red and orange back out in it. now that i did it, not sure i like it. definitely lost some blue.

Maybe keep the natural whites behind the Dracula logo and sunlight's elsewhere.

#4375 51 days ago

I would suggest a mix of blue and warm white behind the "Dracula" lettering. It can be done in a way where both the red lettering and blue sky stand out nicely. There is a picture early on in the photo gallery pretty close to what I used. That was a great starting point.

#4376 51 days ago

Came up with this after lots trial and era... most are 1 smd or twin frosted. Made a few frosted bendies also to put light where i wanted. The more yellow color is warm white....
20161222_020015 (resized).jpg20161222_020240 (resized).jpg

#4377 51 days ago

That's pretty close to mine.

#4378 51 days ago

There is a playfield on ebay if anyone is looking for one.

ebay.com link

#4379 51 days ago

i'll try a mix of natties and warms and see how that goes. i may get to the point with the colormatching, but you'll have to drag me, kicking and screaming.

#4381 51 days ago
Quoted from weaverj:

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/fire.htm
so, yeah...

That's cool... There are three flames on that BG... Do the bulbs match up close enough?

#4382 51 days ago
Quoted from weaverj:

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/fire.htm
so, yeah...

I wonder if that would work inside the buildings to simulate candle light if you cut out the windows.

#4383 51 days ago

BSD up on the block

Archived after 20 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
Fully restored “I decided to go for the new Alien pin, looking to sell. Quick pic shows it's got painted graveyard, castle, town, New plastics, auto cleared playfield, coffin mod etc. More pics co...”
2017-02-27
Moncks Corner, SC
3,300 (OBO)

#4384 51 days ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I wonder if that would work inside the buildings to simulate candle light if you cut out the windows.

you just went next level.

#4385 51 days ago

i just noticed in attract mode the programmers blinked the backbox gi in and out for that effect. i don't think you'd get the best payoff for putting those back there. that is unfortunate.

#4386 50 days ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I remember seeing pictures of someone that cut the windows out of the buildings and added lights underneath. Can anyone direct me to that post?

Thanks

#4387 50 days ago

Quick video showing some of the mods that I have made to BSD:

» YouTube video

#4388 47 days ago

Hoping someone in the club can help me dig though these issues:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-some-help-with-bsd-voltages#post-3647076

I thought I had corrected my opto problems... not the case, it seems

#4389 47 days ago

just put my cab art in. not a perfect install; i'm about two inches off. oh well. should have looked at the pics, again. you can see my newish superband rings, too. very bouncy.
IMAG0567[1] (resized).jpg
IMAG0568[1] (resized).jpg
IMAG0569[1] (resized).jpg
IMAG0570[1] (resized).jpg
IMAG0571[1] (resized).jpg

#4390 47 days ago

anybody know where i can get the clear plastic at the top of the mistball ramp in the shooter lane?

#4391 47 days ago
Quoted from weaverj:

anybody know where i can get the clear plastic at the top of the mistball ramp in the shooter lane?

I am mobile right now, so I can't find it. I suggest searching the term "plastic" in this thread. The inforation of the Pinsider that sells them is in this thread.

#4392 47 days ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Fabunlimited.com

#4393 47 days ago

Guy on Etsy sells them too. Again, linked in this thread.

#4394 47 days ago

Is this one of the original plastics? Or a mod? The one that goes at the top of the coffin ramp?

#4396 47 days ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Guy on Etsy sells them too. Again, linked in this thread.

found that one. ty.

#4397 46 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is this one of the original plastics? Or a mod? The one that goes at the top of the coffin ramp?

Not the coffin ramp but in the shooter lane. Mine didn't come with it when I bought it and the ball would slam into the plastic ramp above occasionally. Very scary.

#4398 46 days ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I remember seeing pictures of someone that cut the windows out of the buildings and added lights underneath. Can anyone direct me to that post?
Thanks

Can anyone point me to these pictures. I would like to look at them again before I go and cut the windows out of my village.

Thanks

Gerry

#4399 46 days ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Can anyone point me to these pictures. I would like to look at them again before I go and cut the windows out of my village.
Thanks
Gerry

I haven't seen those. If you find them, make sure you post them here.

#4400 46 days ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks
Gerry

Not positive but I know I have seen that done to Flintstones, not sure if I have seen a BSD with it though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Johns Creek, GA
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 4541 posts in topic. You are on page 88 of 91.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.