Topic Stats

• 6,167 posts
  • 532 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by gripwhip
  • Topic is favorited by 204 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,845 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BSD_topper_md_04 (resized).jpg
BSD_topper_md_03 (resized).jpg
BSD_topper_md_02 (resized).jpg
BSD_topper_md_01 (resized).jpg
0E5A3340-071F-41FD-8091-D52D24C54D69 (resized).jpeg
F510D82C-DDAB-4E87-8887-C30966213195 (resized).jpeg
proto (resized).jpg
B09ED992-38CE-4FA7-AD49-22BAB068ADF2 (resized).png
DDED4478-A18C-48E6-A466-A82AEF123A30 (resized).png
931A9636-056D-4850-8848-CCBB56078E22 (resized).png
BBD6BB7B-A21D-4438-A551-152C0B4918EA (resized).jpeg
28EFC0C1-851D-477B-8AEB-2FC980A43248 (resized).jpeg
E2EE7F01-F82B-4804-9C93-387BAB28B2BF (resized).jpeg
2D3BE6A8-C87D-442D-B5D3-F0202A69BDE8 (resized).jpeg
E01C5320-9727-449E-A844-F54038BB4302 (resized).jpeg
9205536A-D77C-441A-AA50-5E0A49E6FD0D (resized).jpeg

There are 6167 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 124.
#4301 2 years ago

Thanks. I don't know why, but the original and that mod just seem too large. I'm going to try this. I'll post up pictures when I have mine installed.

#4302 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

who got the bsd from coin op warehouse for 2600? just wondering if it was nice cause they only posted one pic and you hardly saw the playfield.

That's pretty much every sale from coinop warehouse. In less than 5 minutes from posting also.

#4303 2 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

That's pretty much every sale from coinop warehouse. In less than 5 minutes from posting also.

Yep i live basically right beside them and have never bought anything for a reason...... i can get much better condition pins for cheaper than what they sell that crap for lol.

#4304 2 years ago

So back to tech talk. I did an led upgrade + LEDOCD on my BSD and now it seems I am getting opto interference. The interesting thing is that when I first power it on, it will happen and start dumping the right balls and I can run the magnet test and it will fail when the lights come on... Okay so some what expected. The odd thing is if I turn on the machine and imdiently bring it into the config menu and just leave it there until it times out, then the Opto and magnets are fine. I can then go run the magnet test and the lights wont set anything off and I get successful tests... I deal with it by just going in the menu the first time I power her up, but it's not perfect.

Thoughts?

#4305 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

who got the bsd from coin op warehouse for 2600? just wondering if it was nice cause they only posted one pic and you hardly saw the playfield.

I looked into this one. They sent me a lot of pics. Faded and poorly touched up cabinet, broken and missing plastics. It was beat. Passed on this one.

#4307 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

So back to tech talk. I did an led upgrade + LEDOCD on my BSD and now it seems I am getting opto interference. The interesting thing is that when I first power it on, it will happen and start dumping the right balls and I can run the magnet test and it will fail when the lights come on... Okay so some what expected. The odd thing is if I turn on the machine and imdiently bring it into the config menu and just leave it there until it times out, then the Opto and magnets are fine. I can then go run the magnet test and the lights wont set anything off and I get successful tests... I deal with it by just going in the menu the first time I power her up, but it's not perfect.
Thoughts?

Try pulling the LEDs one by one around the right mist pocket. See if you can find the one causing the problem. If you do, try putting in a different LED. Frosted, different brand, flex so you can point it away from the optos.

#4308 2 years ago

remove the opto blank in front of the receiver on the left-hand side. it fixed mine and have heard of that fixing others.

#4309 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I looked into this one. They sent me a lot of pics. Faded and poorly touched up cabinet, broken and missing plastics. It was beat. Passed on this one.

all the crap they sell on facebook it amazes me the prices they are fetching.

#4311 2 years ago

at that point, i'd be afraid to play it.

#4312 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

remove the opto blank in front of the receiver on the left-hand side. it fixed mine and have heard of that fixing others.

What is the opto blank? Can you take a picture? Is it on the receiver on the left or right side board? Mine may already be missing. It's interesting that it will stop once the machine is warmed up.

#4313 2 years ago

yeah, i have no explanation for your issue.

left-hand side. it would look like you have two opto receivers there. the one in front is just a blank; nothing in it. if you see two empty screw holes in the playfield there, it's been removed already.

#4314 2 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

New to our collection of PinBlade™ designs is Bram Stoker's Dracula.
All new art but inspired by the original design.
© PinGraffix Inc., All Rights Reserved
They can be ordered at http://www.PinGraffix.com.

Anyone have pics of these installed?

#4315 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Anyone have pics of these installed?

i'm still waiting for your decals .

#4316 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i'm still waiting for your decals .

pm sent

#4317 2 years ago

has anyone bought the cabinet decals of eBay? I was wondering about the quality?

#4318 2 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Here's another option for the coffin. Not sure if you saw this mod.

Who sells this mod?

#4320 2 years ago

Any recommended cliffy for BSD? The mistery scoop does not look like getting much wear. What about the rats hole?

#4321 2 years ago

i've got rat hole, mystery hole, both inlanes and shooter lane. i am a freak, however, when it comes to cliffys.

#4322 2 years ago

You can never have enough Cliffy's! Protect, protect, protect.

#4323 2 years ago

Cliffy Rules!!!
BSD (45) (resized).JPG

#4324 2 years ago

I have Rats and Mystery hole. Every hole in every machine I own is protected (except the third SFII hole as Cliffy didn't make it) Cliffy's stuff is the best

#4325 2 years ago

Im hoping someone can confirm for me: When installing a remote battery holder theres no need to install a diode on the battery pack as there is a diode on the board already?

#4326 2 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Im hoping someone can confirm for me: When installing a remote battery holder theres no need to install a diode on the battery pack as there is a diode on the board already?

There is no need for an additional diode at the battery pack BUT some people like to fit an extra diode if they are using a 4 x battery holder to fill the space where the 4th battery would usually go. If fitted you will lose about 0.6V from your battery pack so this will probably result in the usable life of your batteries being shortened a little.

#4327 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm looking for opinions from the club. I've been considering replacing the coffin with something like this. Perhaps adding LEDs into the skulls eyes for the ball lock.

I'm hoping someone here might be able to help with the electronics of this mod. I have 2.4v, 20mA, 3mm LEDs for the eyes. I would like to run these as if they were the markers on the headstone. When I measure voltage at the headstone bulbs it fluctuates between ~5.5-7.0v when off and ~1.2-2.8v when illuminated. My understanding is that in theory this voltage should be 18v turning on/off quickly to produce ~6v. Can someone help me understand what these mean and how I can use that to size the resistor needed. Is it even possible to controll a bulb like this on the lamp matrix? Also an explanation or diagram including the diode would be helpful. Sorry, I'm not very proficient with this stuff.

My thinking:

6.4v power ----- diode> ------ (+) LED (-) ------- ~200ohm resistor ------ ground

#4328 2 years ago

Here is where I'm at with my coffin mod. I actually really like the coloring. It matches the other playfield models. I did have to do a lot more cutting then I was hoping. It wasn't quite tall enough without removing a portion of the coffin lid. The skulls eyes are wired to light up one-by-one when the balls are locked. From here I'll be doing a little touch up paint and creating a baseplate to permanently mount it into the game.

IMG_2159[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_2157[1] (resized).JPG

#4329 2 years ago

Well that is a different look. It's so empty now . Pretty cool! I like it.

#4330 2 years ago

looks clean. i like it. great job.

#4331 2 years ago

Man, I hate how much I love this game, and I love how much I hate it. Played 4 games where I got Castle MB - only got 1 jackpot. About lost my shit each time until I finally heard that wonderful ear-piercing scream.

I swear, that to me is more satisfying than 30 millions. The Castle JP never, ever gets old.

#4332 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Man, I hate how much I love this game, and I love how much I hate it. Played 4 games where I got Castle MB - only got 1 jackpot. About lost my shit each time until I finally heard that wonderful ear-piercing scream.
I swear, that to me is more satisfying than 30 millions. The Castle JP never, ever gets old.

Agreed .... my favorite thing to get for sure.....

#4333 2 years ago

is that different than coffin jackpot?

#4334 2 years ago

i guess the castle is where you stake his hoochies, huh? i go for coffin, stake drac a few times and kill him.

#4335 2 years ago

The castle jackpot and the way it works is just the best.

#4336 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i guess the castle is where you stake his hoochies, huh? i go for coffin, stake drac a few times and kill him.

The castle JP is where you fire a ball up the left ramp and you hear him say "I just want to cut off her head and take out her heart" and then you hit the mystery hole, and the cross shines, and she screams turning into a skeleton.

Never gets old for me. Ever.

#4337 2 years ago

Castle jasckpot is the best. And when you get it for the fourth time, with three or more balls on the playfield (double jackpot), in a 3 multimultiball situation, is worthed 480 millions. You have a timed shot to Mistery to get it, while taking care not to drain other balls in order to keep it doubled. Among my machines, and many others I played, this is the most exciting, thrilling, adrenalinic shot ever!!!

I have this game for few years now, but achieving that is very, very rare and difficult. And its entirely based on skills, on keeping cool, while the heart is fastly pumping in thrill. This is what pinball at its best is all about, and its an everlasting joy.

#4338 2 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Castle jasckpot is the best. And when you get it for the fourth time, with three or more balls on the playfield (double jackpot), in a 3 multimultiball situation, is worthed 480 millions. You have a timed shot to Mistery to get it, while taking care not to drain other balls in order to keep it doubled. Among my machines, and many others I played, this is the most exciting, thrilling, adrenalinic shot ever!!!
I have this game for few years now, but achieving that is very, very rare and difficult. And its entirely based on skills, on keeping cool, while the heart is fastly pumping in thrill. This is what pinball at its best is all about, and its an everlasting joy.

A double jackpot is when you put two balls up the left ramp before collecting in the mystery hole. It can be done in just castle mb.

And yes, it's the best thing ever.

#4339 2 years ago

Oh sorry of course! Wrote quickly and mixed up with Coffin MB! Anyway, also in Castle mb at least 3 balls should be in play to doublt it: two locked and the third to score the jackpot at Mistery hole.

#4340 2 years ago

Guys, what is the function or purpose of this plastic right above the magnet? Thanks!

IMG_8918 (resized).JPG

#4341 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Guys, what is the function or purpose of this plastic right above the magnet? Thanks!

Keeps the magnet mech from scraping the pf?

#4342 2 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Keeps the magnet mech from scraping the pf?

I don't think so....the magnet is safely away from it. I was thinking to prevent the magnet from grabbing the other ball while mist is running?

#4343 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I don't think so....the magnet is safely away from it. I was thinking to prevent the magnet from grabbing the other ball while mist is running?

No, that happens constantly.

#4344 2 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

No, that happens constantly.

Yep, hate that

#4345 2 years ago

So I finally joined the club. My game has the wireforms powder coated blood red with gold metal flake. I'm not a huge fan so I was going to sandblast them, but then a friend suggested I just see if anyone here was interested in swapping their wireforms for the powder coated ones for their regular ones and then saving myself the work on having to do that. I also have a set of legs, side rails, and lockdown bar with matching blood red powder coat with gold metal flake. If anyone is interested please let me know. -Tommy

#4346 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

So I finally joined the club. My game has the wireforms powder coated blood red with gold metal flake. I'm not a huge fan so I was going to sandblast them, but then a friend suggested I just see if anyone here was interested in swapping their wireforms for the powder coated ones for their regular ones and then saving myself the work on having to do that. I also have a set of legs, side rails, and lockdown bar with matching blood red powder coat with gold metal flake. If anyone is interested please let me know. -Tommy

Should've asked this before state! I usually think black armor looks better on this game though.

#4347 2 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Should've asked this before state! I usually think black armor looks better on this game though.

I didn't know until I picked it up yesterday.

Only pic I have on my phone, but I will get more after school for anyone interested.

bsd (resized).jpg

#4348 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I didn't know until I picked it up yesterday.
Only pic I have on my phone, but I will get more after school for anyone interested.

Hm... Not sure I like that or not. Doesn't look too bad. That's a curious ball stop on the right return there, too.

#4349 2 years ago

wish the red was darker.

#4350 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

wish the red was darker.

From what I can tell they matched it to the red in the word dracula on the playfield, but again I agree with you, its not for me, but figured maybe someone else would like it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
PinSound
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
$ 14.95
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 28.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6167 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 124.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside