Topic Stats

• 7,139 posts
  • 587 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by gearheaddropping
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Drac (resized).jpg
IMG_1235 (resized).jpg
IMG_1234 (resized).jpg
IMG_1233 (resized).jpg
IMG_1217 (resized).jpg
20190813_172824 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg
20190804_130029 (resized).jpg
20190810_152719 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190802_194328 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190831_104258 (resized).jpg
20190811_180226 (resized).jpg
38D534DB-4855-4BA4-B2F7-6CC28DAD4669 (resized).jpeg
BSD WIP 02 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7139 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 143.
#4251 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That sounds like a bad opto. Is it registering ramp hits when it does that?

I can see there is this possibility. I would test all switches and optos in the game.

Not long ago, I had worked on a BSD for a friend where the jackpot was randomly being awarded as he progressed later in the game. After doing a switch test, I found 3 dead targets and the right scoop opto was registering it as well as the dead targets. Turned out to be a broken wire going to the top left target.

#4252 3 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Not sure this is your issue, but on normal settings if you have not lit mist multiball by the beginning of your third ball it will be lit automatically. If this is happening before the third ball I would suspect corrupt RAM or ROM.

You are correct! I had no idea it would light mist that way. I feel much better. Now I just need to be better at the game!

#4253 3 years ago

sorry to get off topic, quick technical question. I have been working on a dracula for some people that was in storage for 10 years or so, and was in a humid environment. The boards have been untouched, and the game has hardly seen any play. i noticed one of the Batteris had minimally leaked down a few resisitors and one chip. I replaced the batteries, cleaning the battery holder and thought (lets give it a shot). After cleaning and address some minor mechanical issues to get the game playing, and running diagonists i finally got no credit dots, and we played some games (all switches and coils worked in test mode, the mist and all castle optos were fine).

After they had played it for a couple hours, i guess the shit hit the fan. The machine now has opto failures (even though they work in test mode) as well as the castle ball divertor coil not firing (getting power via multi meter). Also, the callouts are there, but the background music isn't . like i said, everything was working prior, could it be correct to assume that the machine 'was' working prior to the battery leak, then after a few hours the corrision caused these failures ?

thanks!

WPC_Dracula_MPU (resized).jpg

#4254 3 years ago

How did you clean it? Vinegar and then rubbing alcohol is the right way. It's hard to get under the chips as that usually keeps eating away at stuff. First try a different CPU to see if it's the opto board. Then I'd replace your U20.

#4255 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

How did you clean it? Vinegar and then rubbing alcohol is the right way. It's hard to get under the chips as that usually keeps eating away at stuff. First try a different CPU to see if it's the opto board. Then I'd replace your U20.

honestly, all i cleaned up was the contact point on the battery holder. ironically enough, the machine isn't factory resetting. I have backup U14-U20 chips. I considered swapping out my Dracula MPU, but i think i will just send the board to Clive (unless he won't accept it) or i'll have to replace that chip under the resistors. thanks for the advice, DNO had some great opinions as well. My next concern is the music, would this corrision result in losing the background music or would the audio board and/or sound chips need to be addressed as well?

#4256 3 years ago

got an update on my superband install aches and pains. i used a little naphtha to lube the rings before installing. i think it helped a little. i also figured out the correct technique finally. i was trying to push the 5/16" star post rings on whole, but you need to start at one point then go around the circumference like you would a bowl or cup lid. once i got that down, it made it way easier. almost done now.

#4257 3 years ago

oh, and i found a ball, back right corner, underneath the red finger pointing plastic. a previous owner must have lost a ball, couldn't find it, so just threw another one in. kinda funny.

#4258 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

oh, and i found a ball, back right corner, underneath the red finger pointing plastic. a previous owner must have lost a ball, couldn't find it, so just threw another one in. kinda funny.

I found one in the same place on my game.

#4259 3 years ago

i knew my original rubbers were old. they looked like crap. i did not, however, think about the performance benefits of replacing them. i was doing it more for cosmetics. man, it's like a new game. so much more bounce. the ball just won't quit.

#4260 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i think i will just send the board to Clive (unless he won't accept it)

That is not too badly damaged. You can email them a picture and they'll should be able to tell you right away. Also ask to have NVRAM installed.

Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

My next concern is the music, would this corrision result in losing the background music or would the audio board and/or sound chips need to be addressed as well?

Just start with reseating the 4 connector ribbon cable at each board connection...top left MPU to Fliptronix board to sound board to the DMD controller board.

No. The battery damage is affecting your switches, not your sound.

#4261 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Just start with reseating the 4 connector ribbon cable at each board connection...top left MPU to Fliptronix board to sound board to the DMD controller board.
No. The battery damage is affecting your switches, not your sound.

thanks, i was thinking that as i will have the owners purchase some replacement ribbon cables anyways from minnesota here on pinside. the display was garbled, reseated them fixed it, but that comes back too. might as well replace them all at this point.

#4262 2 years ago

i'm checking out pinballpt inside cabinet decals. wondering how hard the install would be. would i have to remove the playfield?

#4263 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i'm checking out pinballpt inside cabinet decals. wondering how hard the install would be. would i have to remove the playfield?

I just purchased a set and will install them this weekend. I have them on my other games and no you don't have to remove the playfield. I think pinball supernova has a how to video posted somewhere. One thing I don't like about the PT version is that there is no pre cut hole for the side bracket that attaches to the head and it looks like you may have to trim around the flipper switches.

#4264 2 years ago

Got my plastics back from the one and only Modfather. Holy Shitake Mushrooms these are sick!

1 castle 1 (resized).jpg

1 coffin (resized).jpg

1 grave 2 (resized).jpg

1 grave 1 (resized).jpg

1 village 2 (resized).jpg

1 village 1 (resized).jpg

#4265 2 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Got my plastics back from the one and only Modfather. Holy Shitake Mushrooms these are sick!

Looks awesome! I want to do the same but....How is the cemetery removed? Thanks!

#4266 2 years ago

To remove the cemetery, you have to remove the ramp to get to 4 screws underneath.

#4267 2 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

To remove the cemetery, you have to remove the ramp to get to 4 screws underneath.

Thank you for that.

#4268 2 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

looks like shit.

just trolling

love the modfather.

#4269 2 years ago

Those are nice, but I say McClad wins.

IMAG1570 (resized).jpg

#4270 2 years ago

What's the best rom to be using nowadays? I have seen the ROM that fixes the loss of bonus on a tilt warning. Is that the best one and where could I find that?

#4271 2 years ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

What's the best rom to be using nowadays? I have seen the ROM that fixes the loss of bonus on a tilt warning. Is that the best one and where could I find that?

I believe there is only 1 rom? I have the L-1 with ng patch. I believe papa has one for tournaments but no official release

#4272 2 years ago

Soren posted a tournament ROM that's been good for me.

#4273 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

I installed these exact decals from Pinball PT on my friend's Bram Stokers Dracula. The decals were very long and didn't fit as well as PinGraffix or Tilt Graphics game blades. I had to align the decals with the process in my video (Wet Method), then cut some of the length of the decal near the flipper buttons. Just a heads up.

#4274 2 years ago

i always thought water was a no-no on a pin, since it's wood.

#4275 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i always thought water was a no-no on a pin, since it's wood.

He's talking about the cabinet, not the playfield. Cabinet decals are applied in the same way.

#4276 2 years ago

okay, so it's not an all-encompassing no-no. yeah, that would seem to make it a lot easier. thanks, guy.

#4277 2 years ago

Hello - Just joined the club. What a great pin! A couple questions -

Noticed I have the wrong flipper coil. Left flipper has the "red" coil, which I think is one step weaker. I can still make the right ramp and video loop shot easily though. Does anyone else have this coil? I may just leave it if it is a common mod to eliminate broken plastics. But I did just order an orange coil from Marco, so wanted some advice.

Secondly, what is easiest way to get to the stand up targets along the left side of the game? Mine need a leaf adjustment, as they barely will register when I depress them hard with my finger in switch test. Looks like they are hard to get to under the pf because of the mist mechanism? But up top is a ton of plastics and ramps? Any advice here is appreciated as well..

Thanks!

#4278 2 years ago

Whats the value on a reimport BSD with some planking on the lower middle portion on the playfield and cab fade on one side. Rest of the pin looks to be in good shape. Full led.

#4279 2 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Whats the value on a reimport BSD with some planking on the lower middle portion on the playfield and cab fade on one side. Rest of the pin looks to be in good shape. Full led.

~$2500.

#4280 2 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Hello - Just joined the club. What a great pin! A couple questions

i always prefer matching part #'s with the manual. i've never heard of downsizing coils on BSD.

i like working from the topside, when possible. yeah, you have to remove that subway to get to the screws for those switches. if you have to go that way, remember to put the subway back in on top of the vuk landing. i've gotten balls stuck there, since i botched the reinstall.

#4281 2 years ago

I'd go lower than that. $2000 - $2200

#4282 2 years ago

even better.

#4283 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'd go lower than that. $2000 - $2200

I wouldn't go that low. Depends on what the rest looks like and just how bad the planking is.

#4284 2 years ago

That low? Im interested in a trade but would letting go of a pin worth closer to 2500 for this BSD.

#4285 2 years ago

if you want the trade, then do it. sounds fine to me.

#4286 2 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I wouldn't go that low. Depends on what the rest looks like and just how bad the planking is.

I would. Then again, I'm not the one looking. I know what I paid for mine with zero planking, almost perfect DRACULA inserts, and decent reds on my cabinet.

Picked game up 01 January 2017.

Maybe my game was an anomaly. Maybe I got lucky. Maybe I paid "real world price" and not "Pinside collectors" price. I dunno.

I'm the kind of owner that likes to keep games realistically priced. Just because I own it doesn't mean it should now go up 100 bucks a month to maximize my games value.

Pay what you feel it is worth.

#4287 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I would. Then again, I'm not the one looking. I know what I paid for mine with zero planking, almost perfect DRACULA inserts, and decent reds on my cabinet.
Picked game up 01 January 2017.
Maybe my game was an anomaly. Maybe I got lucky. Maybe I paid "real world price" and not "Pinside collectors" price. I dunno.
I'm the kind of owner that likes to keep games realistically priced. Just because I own it doesn't mean it should now go up 100 bucks a month to maximize my games value.
Pay what you feel it is worth.

I'm with you, but you can absolutely get lucky sometimes (if you did - awesome!). I've seen the games selling for more lately, and that's really the only thing I base my pricing off of. Like you say, it's worth what you're willing to pay/trade/accept.

#4288 2 years ago

Thanks for the input. This trade is more than likely going to happen. I've never played this one in person, looking forward to it though!

#4289 2 years ago

after i got all the kinks worked out, it quickly became my favorite of what i've owned so far. you'll love it.

#4290 2 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Thanks for the input. This trade is more than likely going to happen. I've never played this one in person, looking forward to it though!

Get ready for a swift kick in the junk. Such a fantastic game. Marathon games only on YT (Bowen, Elwin..those guys).

I am keeping mune. People got smart and realized what a hidden gem this one is....

#4291 2 years ago

Just curious how much (if any) people think the fact a game is a re-import lowers the value?

#4292 2 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Just curious how much (if any) people think the fact a game is a re-import lowers the value?

I will say, the games I have more corrosion issues with are re-imports. Having said that, condition means everything...re-import or not. Don't run away from one just because it is.

#4293 2 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

A very good question. Mine is a reimport, but I don't have any problems with it. No corrosion, etc. It had been back in the states for some time (it seems) before I got it, though.

#4294 2 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

I just recently picked one up after not playing one for many years. Holy crap it's fun!

#4295 2 years ago

I'm looking for opinions from the club. I've been considering replacing the coffin with something like this. Perhaps adding LEDs into the skulls eyes for the ball lock.

Coffin (resized).png

#4296 2 years ago

Looks cool to me.

#4297 2 years ago

I'm going to order one. I mocked it up and the size seemed to be perfect.

#4298 2 years ago

who got the bsd from coin op warehouse for 2600? just wondering if it was nice cause they only posted one pic and you hardly saw the playfield.

#4299 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm looking for opinions from the club.

Here's another option for the coffin. Not sure if you saw this mod.
BSD (28) (resized).JPG

#4300 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

who got the bsd from coin op warehouse for 2600? just wondering if it was nice cause they only posted one pic and you hardly saw the playfield.

It was faded white and definitely not worth 2600 especially with no playfield pics...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Sale Pending!
Fairfield, IA
There are 7139 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 143.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside