Topic Stats

• 7,138 posts
  • 586 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by dudah
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,199 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1235 (resized).jpg
IMG_1234 (resized).jpg
IMG_1233 (resized).jpg
IMG_1217 (resized).jpg
20190813_172824 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg
20190804_130029 (resized).jpg
20190810_152719 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190802_194328 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190831_104258 (resized).jpg
20190811_180226 (resized).jpg
38D534DB-4855-4BA4-B2F7-6CC28DAD4669 (resized).jpeg
BSD WIP 02 (resized).jpg
C92DE705-09B5-42D5-8129-63ACE7094B13 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7138 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 143.
#4201 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Do you have an OCD board? My BSD came with comets in the inserts but they ghost bad. Castle Jackpot is constantly blinking even though it's not lit.

The OCD board does good work, but is a bit pricey for me. I have a ROM that's patched for LED's that works great!

Quoted from weaverj:

not sure if i want ice blue bottom or darker, normal blue.

I'm pretty loyal to the PBL bulbs, but those Ice Blue's certainly have me intrigued.

#4202 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Do you have an OCD board? My BSD came with comets in the inserts but they ghost bad. Castle Jackpot is constantly blinking even though it's not lit.

U need a patched rom.... made a huge difference on mine .....

#4203 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U need a patched rom.... made a huge difference on mine .....

Thanks I'll check with John Wart

Are there other games with ROMs for LEDs? Why is LED OCD even an option if you can just patch a ROM.

#4204 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Thanks I'll check with John Wart
Are there other games with ROMs for LEDs? Why is LED OCD even an option if you can just patch a ROM.

Totally different things..... the ocd boards smooth out leds so they can fade slowly like incandescents. Yes i get patched roms for most pins that were made before 1995 . I believe most home roms have the patch in them allready but all others(prior 1995) will need the patch .

#4205 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Totally different things..... the ocd boards smooth out leds so they can fade slowly like incandescents. Yes i get patched roms for most pins that were made before 1995 . I believe most home roms have the patch in them allready but all others(prior 1995) will need the patch .

So is there any fading inserts in BSD? Is the OCD board necessary for BSD?

#4206 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

So is there any fading inserts in BSD? Is the OCD board necessary for BSD?

What BigD is saying is that the patched ROM he has eliminated ghosting inserts with LED lights....the ROM itself doesn't smooth out LEDs like the LEDOCD boards do. Only incadescents fade in and out if you aren't going to splurge on an OCD board to make the LEDs act in the same manner.

I have neither and yes....some of my insert LEDs ghost. I will recommended the LEDOCD though as I have it in one of my games.....great product!

#4207 3 years ago

I LED'ed my BSD with no OCD or patched ROM.

#4208 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

same. i've never really noticed much of anything with any of my wpc's, even with the cheap comet bulbs. just turn the power save setting off in the adjustments. now my RBION is a different story.

#4209 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Definitely not a issue, but certain inserts will be dimly lit when they are not supposed to be without the ng patch..... just annoying but doesn't affect the gameplay really...the brighter the led the more u can notice

#4210 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

same. i've never really noticed much of anything with any of my wpc's, even with the cheap comet bulbs. just turn the power save setting off in the adjustments. now my RBION is a different story.

Maybe your pins allready have the patched rom, but when i had jd, ft and bsd i got the patched rom bc the ghosting was annoying especially when it can b fixed with a cheap rom.

#4211 3 years ago

damn, you are anal .

#4212 3 years ago

Not really bc dimly/lightly flickering inserts are annoying to look at imoand can confuse my non pinball friends on what to shoot for. Why not get rid of it for a 10.00 rom? Just makes the playfield insert lighting that much better imo. . Depending on how bright the leds u use are the insert can almost look lit when its not supposed to . I use 1@2 smd leds and they are pretty noticeable on certain inserts and games.

#4213 3 years ago

yeah, i've just used flat-tops so far so not very noticeable, if at all. i had entry level cointakers on my Sorcerer. i didn't notice anything on that either. we all have our pet peeves.

#4214 3 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Hi all! Per my earlier post I am looking for a few items for my BSD. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Plastics:
1. Center plastic above the 3 targets
2. Top right long thin plastic next to the hole
3. Small triangle(ish) shaped plastic by the coffin entrace
Pics of all 3 attached. Seems these are all the common broken ones...
Note, I'd prefer to find these in the US or at least from one source if overseas.
I also need info regarding some hex spacers:
Length for bottom of village
Length for the 4 pieces to mount the prototype sling plastics (and any additional hardware)
One more question:
I have a spot from magnet burn. It got me thinking about the fuses added to Addams Family to prevent this. Is there no fuse on BSD's magnet? If not, is there a kit or where to add one so this doesn't happen again?

You can find #1 and #3 via Pinball Eu or the Australian pinball sites...

From my experience, you're going to need a ton of luck finding #2. I found one from a collector that had on NOS...but its tough to find otherwise.

#4215 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not really bc dimly/lightly flickering inserts are annoying to look at imoand can confuse my non pinball friends on what to shoot for.

LOL. "Confuse my non pinball friends on what to shoot for"???? My friend, non pinball friends can't even figure out how to press start let alone even realize that a game has specific things they need to shoot for...

Truth

#4216 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

LOL. "Confuse my non pinball friends on what to shoot for"???? My friend, non pinball friends can't even figure out how to press start let alone even realize that a game has specific things they need to shoot for...
Truth

Guess my friends are much smarter than yours then lol.... they come by a good bit and end up playing , so they know whats going on. Most people know to shoot for the blinking lights (or at least id hope so) and when things are blinking that are not supposed to be things dont happen .

#4217 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Guess my friends are much smarter than yours then lol.... they come by a good bit and end up playing , so they know whats going on. Most people know to shoot for the blinking lights (or at least id hope so) and when things are blinking that are not supposed to be things dont happen .

Well... not sure about that. Smarts are variable, I guess. My friends (the vast majority fall in the "non pinhead" category) could care less about pins, let alone blinking lights. All are surprised that a game has rules, let alone realizing that there are blinking lights

#4218 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not really bc dimly/lightly flickering inserts are annoying to look at imoand can confuse my non pinball friends on what to shoot for. Why not get rid of it for a 10.00 rom? Just makes the playfield insert lighting that much better imo. . Depending on how bright the leds u use are the insert can almost look lit when its not supposed to . I use 1@2 smd leds and they are pretty noticeable on certain inserts and games.

Like I said my castle jackpot light blinks all of the time and as bright as the rest of the inserts. So I appreciate the heads up on the ROM.

#4219 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Like I said my castle jackpot light blinks all of the time and as bright as the rest of the inserts. So I appreciate the heads up on the ROM.

Yes sir.. so did mine which is y i wanted the ng patch. Maybe some of the others that posted it doest bother , but in most cases its worth the cheap fix.....

#4220 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Well... not sure about that. Smarts are variable, I guess. My friends (the vast majority fall in the "non pinhead" category) could care less about pins, let alone blinking lights. All are surprised that a game has rules, let alone realizing that there are blinking lights

Yep all my friends i grew up with really dont care but it seems when they come over thats where they end up lol. I just tell them to aim for the blinking lights and what the game tells u to and they seem to have lots of fun. I think eventually some may be interested in purchasing a pin which is awesome. Also lots of family over this week and they were very impressed with the pins and many other things after i explained things to them. Cld be our friends are drastically different ages who knows.... i was joking about the smarter thing in case u didn't see the lol...

#4221 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep all my friends i grew up with really dont care but it seems when they come over thats where they end up lol. I just tell them to aim for the blinking lights and what the game tells u to and they seem to have lots of fun. I think eventually some may be interested in purchasing a pin which is awesome. Also lots of family over this week and they were very impressed with the pins and many other things after i explained things to them. Cld be our friends are drastically different ages who knows.... i was joking about the smarter thing in case u didn't see the lol...

A lot is lost in translation on the net... I was just joking too... don't take my comments too seriously.

#4222 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Definitely not a issue, but certain inserts will be dimly lit when they are not supposed to be without the ng patch..... just annoying but doesn't affect the gameplay really...the brighter the led the more u can notice

I don't have this issue at all and there's no chance my game has the patched ROM. Did you turn off the power save setting like 27dnast mentioned?

#4223 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I don't have this issue at all and there's no chance my game has the patched ROM. Did you turn off the power save setting like 27dnast mentioned?

That Has nothing to do with inserts ghosting with leds. Only thing that setting is for is the attract mode gi . I actually dont have a issue with my game but have been many places to play and noticed alot of ghosting so i mentioned the fix to those people and they are much happier now.

#4224 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That Has nothing to do with inserts ghosting with leds. Only thing that setting is for is the attract mode gi . I actually dont have a issue with my game but have been many places to play and noticed alot of ghosting so i mentioned the fix to those people and they are much happier now.

I'm not doubting at all that the ROM fix will make things better for people having a problem, I just wonder if that's the /only/ solution. FWIW, my LEDs are from CoinTaker.

#4225 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I'm not doubting at all that the ROM fix will make things better for people having a problem, I just wonder if that's the /only/ solution. FWIW, my LEDs are from CoinTaker.

Theres lots of things u can do but the most cost effective and quickest fix is a patched rom....

#4226 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Theres lots of things u can do but the most cost effective and quickest fix is a patched rom....

x2

#4227 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I'm not doubting at all that the ROM fix will make things better for people having a problem, I just wonder if that's the /only/ solution.

Non-ghosting led's will do pretty much the same thing.

#4228 3 years ago

Main ramp on ePay - ebay.com link » Bally Williams Dracula Pinball Main Ramp Complete

A bunch of other ball guides, etc on there. Looks like someone is parting one out

#4229 3 years ago

tonight, i started replacing all rubbers on my BSD with superbands. holy shit; i'm going to break something. they are so hard to get on. a simple 5/16" on a star post is almost impossible. maybe i'll try titans next time...

#4230 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

tonight, i started replacing all rubbers on my BSD with superbands. holy shit; i'm going to break something. they are so hard to get on. a simple 5/16" on a star post is almost impossible. maybe i'll try titans next time...

i have both and i prefer the TITANS seems to have better ball feel and control.

#4231 3 years ago

i got about halfway and quit. i'll finish tomorrow maybe. my fingers hurt.

#4232 3 years ago

I've got Titan reds sitting in a bag waiting for me to install.

#4233 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Try wetting with a little spit or windex they will slide right on then wipe with a paper towel

#4234 3 years ago

i also don't understand the flatside on the smaller ones. sometimes it'll face down; sometimes it'll face in. it's hard enough to get them on, let alone get that to go the right way. is that suppose to make them easier to get on, because it doesn't. makes them impossible to get off, i'd imagine. i know the mini posts aren't coming off.

#4235 3 years ago

Wonder if heating them up with a blowdryer would help?

#4236 3 years ago

my BSD seems not to keep certain settings such as had a extra ball after video mode1. Next time I turned it on, it had changed to video mode 2. I have it set to extra ball at 200k but the display reads 154k and lastly mist is supposed to be activated at 5 ramp hits but activates much sooner. Any ideas ?

#4237 3 years ago

extra ball at 200k?! million, you mean?

#4238 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

extra ball at 200k?! million, you mean?

Yes! Lol.

#4239 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

my BSD seems not to keep certain settings such as had a extra ball after video mode1. Next time I turned it on, it had changed to video mode 2. I have it set to extra ball at 200k but the display reads 154k and lastly mist is supposed to be activated at 5 ramp hits but activates much sooner. Any ideas ?

Are your high scores holding? Might be a battery issue.

#4240 3 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Are your high scores holding? Might be a battery issue.

Yes they are. I thought of that and will change them just to make sure.

#4241 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Yes they are. I thought of that and will change them just to make sure.

Upgrade to NVRAM so you will not have to worry about batteries.

#4242 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Upgrade to NVRAM so you will not have to worry about batteries.

True but I'm not so sure this is my problem.

#4243 3 years ago

I wonder if reseating the rom chip would help if batteries did not do the trick.

#4244 3 years ago

Just received a few blue and warm white LEDs to add to my backglass. I basically swore off warm white LEDs because I the previous batches I had received were an ugly pale pink. I'm glad I gave them another shot. The ones from Comet are great.

#4245 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

True but I'm not so sure this is my problem.

Do it and find out. You'll be protecting the board from future damage in the process.

#4246 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Do it and find out. You'll be protecting the board from future damage in the process.

Changing the batteries did not solve the problem. Biggest thing that bothers me is mist is set at 5 ramp hits, you don't even have to hit any ramp shots and after a few minutes, the mist insert will light up and can be activated when making that shot into the hole! Anyone out there have any ideas? Next thing I'll try is a replacement rom.

#4247 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Changing the batteries did not solve the problem. Biggest thing that bothers me is mist is set at 5 ramp hits, you don't even have to hit any ramp shots and after a few minutes, the mist insert will light up and can be activated when making that shot into the hole! Anyone out there have any ideas? Next thing I'll try is a replacement rom.

That sounds like a bad opto. Is it registering ramp hits when it does that?

#4248 2 years ago

I had something similar the other day. Ball would go into the pops and the next thing I new the Drac ramp was popping up or the ball in coffin animation would start. Even multiball would start on occasion. Ended up being a broken wire on the Drac Mech Opto. It would short out (touch the circuit board pad) when the pops were going and act like it was being made.

Simple fix once I found it. Typical Dracula...... Hope it's something as simple as that.

#4249 2 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That sounds like a bad opto. Is it registering ramp hits when it does that?

no, not at all. will say 5 ramp hits to light mist still.

#4250 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

no, not at all. will say 5 ramp hits to light mist still.

Not sure this is your issue, but on normal settings if you have not lit mist multiball by the beginning of your third ball it will be lit automatically. If this is happening before the third ball I would suspect corrupt RAM or ROM.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 7138 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 143.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside