IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 224.
#4151 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

A requirement on this title. Absolutely awesome - especially the mist ball animation and the castle/coffin jackpots - holy smokes.

Not to start a flame war but I'm more in the other boat on this one, I think out of all my colorDMD titles this is the weakest and needs some tweaking for sure. The one thing that really stands out for me that I don't care for is the yellow lighting strikes then the whole screen flashes yellow, that sort of don't flow IMHO. I know limited colors are available to achieve these animations but I think a blue-ish white color would have better fit there.

#4152 7 years ago

Where do you guys print your apron cards at? I tried office depot and they said it was copyright. According to The website I got the files from, the cards have been modified so they can be printed but they still said no. Anybody sell cards here?

#4153 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Where do you guys print your apron cards at? I tried office depot and they said it was copyright. According to The website I got the files from, the cards have been modified so they can be printed but they still said no. Anybody sell cards here?

Walgreens. What cards are you trying to print? Sounds dumb. Go a different day and ask the next employee.

#4154 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Not to start a flame war but I'm more in the other boat on this one, I think out of all my colorDMD titles this is the weakest and needs some tweaking for sure. The one thing that really stands out for me that I don't care for is the yellow lighting strikes then the whole screen flashes yellow, that sort of don't flow IMHO. I know limited colors are available to achieve these animations but I think a blue-ish white color would have better fit there.

I love the feedback. Thanks.

I'm resigned to the fact that you can't please everybody and I'm sure if I went to your color someone else wouldn't like that.

I settled on the yellow for the lightning because I have seen lightning depicted that way. I used blueish white quite a bit for stone and metal. Also the attract sequence uses it for the letters. I try to use a variety of colors to show off the display but try not to get carried away using every color of the rainbow.

I thought the yellow looked great myself but it's all relative to our opinions so I understand where you're coming from. I think there are only three instances of flashing lightning: The Wolf loop, the end of ball bonus and the horse and carriage running in front of the mansion, am I right?

#4155 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

A requirement on this title. Absolutely awesome - especially the mist ball animation and the castle/coffin jackpots - holy smokes.

Agreed...my favorite color title...looks great

#4156 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm resigned to the fact that you can't please everybody and I'm sure if I went to your color someone else wouldn't like that.
I settled on the yellow for the lightning because I have seen lightning depicted that way. I used blueish white quite a bit for stone and metal. Also the attract sequence uses it for the letters. I try to use a variety of colors to show off the display but try not to get carried away using every color of the rainbow.
I thought the yellow looked great myself but it's all relative to our opinions so I understand where you're coming from. I think there are only three instances of flashing lightning: The Wolf loop, the end of ball bonus and the horse and carriage running in front of the mansion, am I right?

I've purchased 4 color DMD's. I have one question: Why don't you guys just pre-load the color file instead of making us download it and do it ourselves? Not complaining....I just don't understand why you guys make people do that? I mean, we are buying a color DMD, because we want colors...why not just do it during assembly or something, so customers don't have to worry about loading the file and getting the proper usb stick? Thanks!

#4157 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Walgreens. What cards are you trying to print? Sounds dumb. Go a different day and ask the next employee.

These....It is dumb...I'm only asking for one set

IMG_7091 (resized).PNGIMG_7091 (resized).PNG
IMG_7090 (resized).PNGIMG_7090 (resized).PNG

#4158 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I've purchased 4 color DMD's. I have one question: Why don't you guys just pre-load the color file instead of making us download it and do it ourselves? Not complaining....I just don't understand why you guys make people do that? I mean, we are buying a color DMD, because we want colors...why not just do it during assembly or something, so customers don't have to worry about loading the file and getting the proper usb stick? Thanks!

Displays are built and programmed in production runs by our contract manufacturer. and delivered to us complete. The SIGMA ROM shipped with each game is installed at the factory during assembly, test, and packaging.

#4159 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Displays are built and programmed in production runs by our contract manufacturer. and delivered to us complete. The SIGMA ROM shipped with each game is installed at the factory during assembly, test, and packaging.

Thank you for your answer. But I still have the same question...Why not just ship them with the color file already installed?

#4160 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I'm not the one who makes the colorDMDs.

Honestly if you can install a colorDMD you should be able to put the ROM in. I bought a cheapy flash drive and it works perfectly. There's a small learning curve to putting the file on your flash drive correctly but it's best that each person learn how to do it. There could be updates that need installed or in case you want to put it in another game.

#4161 7 years ago

If anybody here has a new set of those cards let me know....

#4162 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm not the one who makes the colorDMDs.
Honestly if you can install a colorDMD you should be able to put the ROM in. I bought a cheapy flash drive and it works perfectly. There's a small learning curve to putting the file on your flash drive correctly but it's best that each person learn how to do it. There could be updates that need installed or in case you want to put it in another game.

Oh yes, it's not that difficult. I just don't see why make the customer do it. That's all

#4163 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Oh yes, it's not that difficult. I just don't see why make the customer do it. That's all

Quoted from dmbjunky:

There could be updates that need installed or in case you want to put it in another game.

#4164 7 years ago

Thank you sir!

#4165 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Those are the ones I use. I'd just try somewhere else. I don't know what the copyright would be.

#4166 7 years ago

since they sell them on their site pushing the titles and not the display in a generic way, yeah, i'd say they should come pre-loaded.

#4167 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Those are the ones I use. I'd just try somewhere else. I don't know what the copyright would be.

Ohhhh also, before the manager refused to let the lady print the cards for me...the lady told me the cards didn't have enought resolution, and that I needed a better file. Do you have the correct file for these cards by any chance? Thanks!

#4168 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

since they sell them on their site pushing the titles and not the display in a generic way, yeah, i'd say they should come pre-loaded.

Yeeepppp

#4169 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Ohhhh also, before the manager refused to let the lady print the cards for me...the lady told me the cards didn't have enought resolution, and that I needed a better file. Do you have the correct file for these cards by any chance? Thanks!

Got mine here.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/index.htm

#4170 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thank you for your answer. But I still have the same question...Why not just ship them with the color file already installed?

Our staff is minimal, and we rely on outside contractors for assembly, test, and packaging. A single software configuration simplifies production and allows displays to arrive tested, sealed, and ready for order fulfillment.

#4171 7 years ago

my rat vuk started hitting the top of my right sling. i adjusted the position of the assembly in the hole; i slide the back max right. guess i could move the front max left. just kinda weird that it would go weak all of a sudden.

#4172 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

When ColorDMD started, we programmed and locked all displays to a game-specific ROM. As the number of titles grew, it became infeasible to have our contractors preload game-specific data, as we didn't know which titles would be requested.

We unlocked the platform to allow customers to reprogram their displays and move them among games. The tradeoff was that all displays were shipped in a single standard configuration that could be preloaded during assembly. Most customers have been pretty happy with that tradeoff.

We maintain multiple product pages on our website to convey game-specific information that is more difficult to do with a single product page.

#4173 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Totally understand completely that colors are very limited and you cannot please everyone lol. I'm not in anyway by no means displeased with it at all so please don't get me wrong, just to my eyes not the lighting flash itself being yellow but when it crash down so to speak and turns the whole screen yellow, it sort of looks like a graphic glitch or hiccup but we know it isn't and just part of the animation. The only other things is the skill shot, the background color and the highlighted head is the same color as the background rather then being a bit more pronounced with a different highlighted color (which I pretty sure you tried many). Now as far as replay, mist , castle lock women, Dracula etc.. that is pure awesomeness and well done. So when I said weakest, I just mean to my eyes on what is drawing me into the screen on basically just those two animation segments I mentioned, everything else is awesome.

With that being said, I 110% appreciate all your hard work and efforts to further enhance this great hobby of ours and keeping things new and fresh and thanks for making a fantastic title even more awesome then before, and hopefully no hard feelings my comment was is no way a put down at all and hope it wasn't taken as such.

#4175 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

When ColorDMD started, we programmed and locked all displays to a game-specific ROM. As the number of titles grew, it became infeasible to have our contractors preload game-specific data, as we didn't know which titles would be requested.
We unlocked the platform to allow customers to reprogram their displays and move them among games. The tradeoff was that all displays were shipped in a single standard configuration that could be preloaded during assembly. Most customers have been pretty happy with that tradeoff.
We maintain multiple product pages on our website to convey game-specific information that is more difficult to do with a single product page.

Love my ColorDMD's. You would have to pry them from my cold dead hands. The pro's of having color outweigh any loss in the "creepy red" factor on BSD from the original. I also love the mist animation!

#4176 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Here is a 600dpi set. These are the ones on mine: http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/bsd600dpi.jpg

#4177 7 years ago

You guys go to WalGreens and Office Depot for making the apron cards????

Why not buy a $35 HP printer, get the good filament paper and do it yourself???

That's what I do !

#4178 7 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Totally understand completely that colors are very limited and you cannot please everyone lol. I'm not in anyway by no means displeased with it at all so please don't get me wrong, just to my eyes not the lighting flash itself being yellow but when it crash down so to speak and turns the whole screen yellow, it sort of looks like a graphic glitch or hiccup but we know it isn't and just part of the animation. The only other things is the skill shot, the background color and the highlighted head is the same color as the background rather then being a bit more pronounced with a different highlighted color (which I pretty sure you tried many). Now as far as replay, mist , castle lock women, Dracula etc.. that is pure awesomeness and well done. So when I said weakest, I just mean to my eyes on what is drawing me into the screen on basically just those two animation segments I mentioned, everything else is awesome.
With that being said, I 110% appreciate all your hard work and efforts to further enhance this great hobby of ours and keeping things new and fresh and thanks for making a fantastic title even more awesome then before, and hopefully no hard feelings my comment was is no way a put down at all and hope it wasn't taken as such.

I've been working on fixing a few glitches. Maybe I'll try your suggestion for the lightning and see if it's any better. No promises that it'll be changed in a new release though

I was torn on the skillshot as well. It's kind of bland being all one color but if you've seen the BSD movie poster, that's what it looks like. I just don't know if I feel comfortable trying a different color. At least the text at the bottom is red.

No worries on the criticisms. I like to hear those along with the praise.

#4179 7 years ago

This game is quickly becoming the favorite in my collection. I can now shoot the ramps with a lot more success. I can easily rack up at least 5 multiballs in a game! Despite not having "deep" rules the strategy can certainly get deep. Keeps me coming back.

Mine's near perfect, who's got a right slingshot plastic for sale?

#4180 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

You guys go to WalGreens and Office Depot for making the apron cards????
Why not buy a $35 HP printer, get the good filament paper and do it yourself???
That's what I do !

Because you can get prints for 28 cents. Mine are much cheaper than yours.

#4181 7 years ago

Awesome! Ty!

#4182 7 years ago

Pretty much done with flipper rebuild. Still need to aling the bats. I think the black bats with blue rubber looks sick!

IMG_7273 (resized).JPGIMG_7273 (resized).JPG

#4183 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I was torn on the skillshot as well. It's kind of bland being all one color but if you've seen the BSD movie poster, that's what it looks like. I just don't know if I feel comfortable trying a different color. At least the text at the bottom is red.

I thought of the red too as well, mirroring the backgrounds plastic. But red heads that glow white when its highlighted may might blend into the red text as you mentioned, or even if the heads stood the same color as background then highlighted red may blend into the text as well. Have you tried faded pink like we normally see on the BSD side decals

Either way it's a must have for any BSD owner.

#4184 7 years ago

Wall, rock, and torch 3d print test. Thinking about scaling this up and adding two torches for behind the dracula mod.

#4185 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Wall, rock, and torch 3d print test. Thinking about scaling this up and adding two torches for behind the dracula mod. » YouTube video

That looks COOL! Let us know!

#4186 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Wall, rock, and torch 3d print test. Thinking about scaling this up and adding two torches for behind the dracula mod.

That's nice and would be interested. Please keep us posted.

#4187 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

my rat vuk started hitting the top of my right sling. i adjusted the position of the assembly in the hole; i slide the back max right. guess i could move the front max left. just kinda weird that it would go weak all of a sudden.

anybody?

#4188 7 years ago

Messed with a Few things on the mist stuff again. I checked the voltage on the optos and the left side receiver was reading all kinds of crazy stuff. Luckily I had a spare one. Soldered it to the harness, plugged it in and it worked right away! I ran the magnet test once all the way to cool off with no leds in the game and everything worked perfect, no errors. I let it cool for a bit, put leds back in it and ran it again. Same results, flawless. I think I found the issue and hopefully can move forward with putting everything back together and enjoy it again!

Thanks for all your help!

#4189 7 years ago

finally took the colored gi plunge.
IMAG0474[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0474[1] (resized).jpg

#4190 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

finally took the colored gi plunge.

Wow!!!!!! Looks fantastic!!!! Comets? What kind?

#4191 7 years ago

I absolutely love how LED's change the artwork on this game! I especially love the detail on the lower half.
I LED the shit out of all my games and can't get enough.
It's pretty well lit now with a couple spotlamps.
I'm planning to add a bunch of random LED strips all over to really make it pop!

IMG_20170107_140228 (resized).jpgIMG_20170107_140228 (resized).jpg

#4192 7 years ago

In that same LED strip effort, was playing around with the idea of adding some red LED strips on the back of the head and cab! TBD
Pictured is just one strip on the left side

IMG_20170107_141639 (resized).jpgIMG_20170107_141639 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170107_141635 (resized).jpgIMG_20170107_141635 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170107_141540 (resized).jpgIMG_20170107_141540 (resized).jpg

#4193 7 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I absolutely love how LED's change the artwork on this game! I especially love the detail on the lower half.
I LED the shit out of all my games and can't get enough.
It's pretty well lit now with a couple spotlamps.
I'm planning to add a bunch of random LED strips all over to really make it pop!

What kind of bulbs did you use? I'm not a fan of colored GI but yours does look good. I like how the bulbs aren't overly bright but just washes over the playfield like a full moon. Is that because of your spotlights?

#4194 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What kind of bulbs did you use? I'm not a fan of colored GI but yours does look good. I like how the bulbs aren't overly bright but just washes over the playfield like a full moon. Is that because of your spotlights?

Thanks! They're PBL super bright's. While the spotlights may not seem like a lot, they do make a noticeable difference. Part of the LED strip plan is to put a long strip of blue along the apron to help light up the lower playfield better. Soon!

#4195 7 years ago

Ever lasting love!!!

IMG_6933 (resized).PNGIMG_6933 (resized).PNG

IMG_6930 (resized).PNGIMG_6930 (resized).PNG

IMG_6931 (resized).PNGIMG_6931 (resized).PNG

IMG_6932 (resized).PNGIMG_6932 (resized).PNG

#4196 7 years ago

Playfield just shipped to HEP for his magic......

Great game!

#4197 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Wow!!!!!! Looks fantastic!!!! Comets? What kind?

yep, comet 1smd frosted. ice blue, purple, red. i need one more purple under the coffin and i need to get the red in under the left ramp. oh, the right pop bulb, too. looks way more natural in person. colors bleed out very nice. camera on my phone stinks.

#4198 7 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Thanks! They're PBL super bright's. While the spotlights may not seem like a lot, they do make a noticeable difference. Part of the LED strip plan is to put a long strip of blue along the apron to help light up the lower playfield better. Soon!

Do you have an OCD board? My BSD came with comets in the inserts but they ghost bad. Castle Jackpot is constantly blinking even though it's not lit.

#4199 7 years ago

Looks great @dudah. I have a very similar setup with color and spotlights. I didn't fade to purple in the back and choose to just stick with the blue. It really give the game a nighttime feel. After seeing some your pictures of the back of your cabinet lighting, I think I'm going to experiment with adding under cabinet lighting. It could look really cool to have it tied into the flashers that go off with the lightning sound effects. Actually those flashers have been what I'd changed out the most. I can't decide if I want them blue or white. It seems like they should be white, but for some reason I'm drawn to the blue. I'm going to start with blue for the under cabinet lighting and see how it goes.

#4200 7 years ago

not sure if i want ice blue bottom or darker, normal blue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.