IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 224.
#4101 7 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I was looking around the game last night and I pulled the transmitor opto and I noticed there was a little scratch on the lens. I wonder if that could be the issue with alignment and not passing the opto one check?

Nope, Infrared doesn't care about that sort of thing. If it did IR receivers wouldn't be black.

#4102 7 years ago

are there bugs in the L1 code with the game losing track of balls or is it just nature of the beast with BSD? there's been a few times where i have two or three multis going and i feel like it'll go to the next ball while i have other balls in play. there's a ball shooting in the shooter lane and the 3 heads skill shot starts flashing. what's up with that?

#4103 7 years ago

There's a combination. When your ball ends prematurely, you probably have an opto problem, causing the game to lose track of the balls. That can end up with a ball in the shooter lane as you describe.

There's also a bug of some kind where a ball won't be auto-launched during multiball, but I'm not sure of the specifics of that situation. In that case, it does so without prematurely ending your ball.

#4104 7 years ago

I was having problems with it loosing track of balls once but it was just a loose plug on my opto board

#4105 7 years ago

Anyone else put a color changing LED for the Mystery insert? I did that today and looks great. Love the effect for this game.

#4106 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I don't think you guys should not be having that problem so often. That does not sound like a dead switch style credit dot. Have you checked to make sure the opto isn't flaky? I've definitely seen the Opto Mag Left Pocket credit dot, but it's not recurring like that for me.

Well, it goes away as soon as a ball goes in there.

#4107 7 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Anyone else put a color changing LED for the Mystery insert? I did that today and looks great. Love the effect for this game.

Oh, take a video of that! I am finally, officially, at 100% working with zero issues, plays as it should.

I just finished these upgrades:
PB LED upgrade (I still have a few left to do today)
Titan Pinball Red Rings
Coffin Upgrade
Proto Slings (Need to get longer spacers to make the left one high enough to clear the ramp. I think this needs to be more like a 1 1/2 instead of a 1 inch)

LED OCD is on its way.

BSD_Upgrades (resized).jpgBSD_Upgrades (resized).jpg
BSD_coffin (resized).jpgBSD_coffin (resized).jpg
BSD_Lowlight (resized).jpgBSD_Lowlight (resized).jpg

#4108 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, it goes away as soon as a ball goes in there.

I wonder if it has something to do with the game thinking it's supposed to be in there, like if you start mist really late in the travel. If you never start mist, does it still happen after 5 games? Maybe I just suck and miss mist enough that it doesn't happen to me.

#4109 7 years ago

What is this metal post for? Should there be a ring on that?

IMG_20170107_135406 (resized).jpgIMG_20170107_135406 (resized).jpg

#4110 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

What is this metal post for? Should there be a ring on that?

Probably to stop the ball if it goes right between those two posts. Does not need a rubber.

#4111 7 years ago

Thanks, thought I forgot something.

#4112 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

If you never start mist, does it still happen after 5 games?

Rarely do I not start mist in a game and rarely miss the mist ball.

#4113 7 years ago

Recently picked up a BSD... Was looking at the replacement plastic set and noticed this one isn't included? After reading though past postings, looks like these weren't even available at one point. When did they arrive on the scene? Lastly, is this one supposed to be red? Mine looks more like a washed out orangish color

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#4114 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Rarely do I not start mist in a game and rarely miss the mist ball.

It seems I have some improving to do.

#4115 7 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Recently picked up a BSD... Was looking at the replacement plastic set and noticed this one isn't included? After reading though past postings, looks like these weren't even available at one point. When did arrive on the scene? Lastly, is this one supposed to be red? Mine looks more like a washed out orangish color

That's a decal or sticker.

#4116 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Oh, take a video of that! I am finally, officially, at 100% working with zero issues, plays as it should.
I just finished these upgrades:
PB LED upgrade (I still have a few left to do today)
Titan Pinball Red Rings
Coffin Upgrade
Proto Slings (Need to get longer spacers to make the left one high enough to clear the ramp. I think this needs to be more like a 1 1/2 instead of a 1 inch)
LED OCD is on its way.
» YouTube video

Nice looking BSD! Were you able to keep the coffin lights when you installed the coffin mod? Or did you have to run extra wires or something to Make the light work?

Where did you buy your coffin mod?

Thanks!

#4117 7 years ago

Just installed brand new black legs and leg protectors

Original legs were in pretty rough shape!

IMG_7212 (resized).PNGIMG_7212 (resized).PNG

IMG_7208 (resized).JPGIMG_7208 (resized).JPG

#4118 7 years ago

Those protectors at great at ruining the cabinet art under them.

#4119 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

#4120 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They are fine on screened cabs....

#4121 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Oh yeah! Mine are screened!

#4122 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Oh yeah! Mine are screened!

Yep most original b/w art was up till mm i believe ...

#4123 7 years ago

i did some cleaning up of my cabinet tonight. took a little flathead screwdriver and scratched some dirt and boogers off of it. i also need to get off the old glue from the serial number sticker that is missing under the coin door. that'll take some elbow grease.

then i did it, i ordered some ice blue, purple and red led's to play around with for some colored gi. that should be fun. my daughter is excited. i put on my blue flipper superbands, too. look sweet as hell. i'll be replacing everything pretty soon, after seeing those on there. damn you, BSD!

#4124 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's a decal or sticker.

Doh!

#4125 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i did some cleaning up of my cabinet tonight. took a little flathead screwdriver and scratched some dirt and boogers off of it. i also need to get off the old glue from the serial number sticker that is missing under the coin door. that'll take some elbow grease.
then i did it, i ordered some ice blue, purple and red led's to play around with for some colored gi. that should be fun. my daughter is excited. i put on my blue flipper superbands, too. look sweet as hell. i'll be replacing everything pretty soon, after seeing those on there. damn you, BSD!

Where did you buy your LEDs from?

Can you take a pic of your flippers with the blue rubber?

Thanks!

#4126 7 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Did that at the suggestion of my better half earlier this week actually. Looks really great - definitely recommend it!

#4127 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If you say so. Results may vary.

#4128 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Where did you buy your LEDs from? Thanks!

cometpinball.com. i bought an ocd board for the RBION i'm selling (plug). i threw in some colored single smd frosted bulbs for BSD. it was the cheapest bulb, i think, where i could pick ice blue and purple was in stock. up to this point, i've only bought frosted natural white flattops. i'm splurging .

#4129 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

cometpinball.com. i bought an ocd board for the RBION i'm selling (plug). i threw in some colored single smd frosted bulbs for BSD. it was the cheapest bulb, i think, where i could pick ice blue and purple was in stock. up to this point, i've only bought frosted natural white flattops. i'm splurging .

Good the hear! Thanks!

#4130 7 years ago

The comet ice blues look great in this game

#4131 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Did that at the suggestion of my better half earlier this week actually. Looks really great - definitely recommend it!

Which one are you guys using? Slow or fast blinking? Is there a fast that doesn't pulse as well, just fast fade?

#4132 7 years ago

i hate to ask this, because i know it can be an annoying topic, but what about the backbox? i feel like color matching is always tough, but it doesn't look too difficult on this one. i was also thinking of just switching to all warm white. the natural white waters down the reds and oranges pretty bad. that would be the easiest thing to try.

#4133 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i hate to ask this, because i know it can be an annoying topic, but what about the backbox? i feel like color matching is always tough, but it doesn't look too difficult on this one. i was also thinking of just switching to all warm white. the natural white waters down the reds and oranges pretty bad. that would be the easiest thing to try.

Mr. Rob Bell did a great job color matching the back box with some color LEDs. Click the quote for a pic of the layout. Scroll up the same page for a pic with the glass on.

Quoted from MrBellMan:

Glad you noticed. It looks even better in person... I have separated the blue/white lamps a bit to get the most of the blue clouds and the reds of the letters in Dracula. The violet on the bottom really makes the battle field scene it's own image and no longer just blends with the images around it.
This picture shows the colors. Everything else is just regular 555's or cool white LED's. Hope this helps.

#4134 7 years ago

superbands:
IMAG0463[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0463[1] (resized).jpg
IMAG0464[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0464[1] (resized).jpg
can't wait to do the rest. going to try to match plastic color throughout, hopefully with my gi.

#4135 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Mr. Rob Bell did a great job color matching the back box with some color LEDs. Click the quote for a pic of the layout. Scroll up the same page for a pic with the glass on.

Yup, this is exactly what I did and it came out great. The only change I made was to use a green led for the lamp post.

#4136 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

superbands:

can't wait to do the rest. going to try to match plastic color throughout, hopefully with my gi.

Looks very nice indeed! I just got my black flippers and blue for the rubber looks like the way to go....

#4137 7 years ago

thanks, brah.

#4138 7 years ago

Is there a better way to light the proto slings? I've noticed in some pics the light doesn't travel too good through the sling plastics and the proto plastics look dark.

#4139 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Heres mine.... looks excellent in person...make sure u use frosted in backbox also.20161217_020831.jpg20161217_020831.jpg

20161222_020001.jpg20161222_020001.jpg20161222_020015.jpg20161222_020015.jpg20161222_020240.jpg20161222_020240.jpg20161222_020240.jpg20161222_020240.jpg

#4140 7 years ago

Those look great! Thanks for remembering my post!

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#4141 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Those look great! Thanks for remembering my post!
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

Actually pretty sure mine has a fair amount of differences

#4142 7 years ago

Took long time of tweaking the colors and getting them where i wanted...even made purple frosted bendable leds to get the color where i wanted lol. It really pops in person. Only one not frosted is the red behind the sun bc i wanted it more direct and only behind the sun

#4143 7 years ago

I used warm white not yellow and have more purples and reds than yours had rob...they are probably similar as are most that people do lol...

#4144 7 years ago

It looks great and that's all that matters!

#4145 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

It looks great and that's all that matters!

As usual pics dont do it any justice

#4146 7 years ago

Let the flipper rebuild begin!

IMG_7250 (resized).JPGIMG_7250 (resized).JPG

IMG_7244 (resized).JPGIMG_7244 (resized).JPG

IMG_7252 (resized).JPGIMG_7252 (resized).JPG

IMG_7255 (resized).JPGIMG_7255 (resized).JPG

#4147 7 years ago

Nasty!

IMG_7256 (resized).JPGIMG_7256 (resized).JPG

#4148 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Heres mine.... looks excellent in person...make sure u use frosted in backbox also.

Mmm...colorDMD...

#4149 7 years ago

I kind of wish I would have went with red flippers and black rubber but I have opposite. I may paint the lightning red like some guys did at the start of this thread. That looks pretty neat.

#4150 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Mmm...colorDMD...

A requirement on this title. Absolutely awesome - especially the mist ball animation and the castle/coffin jackpots - holy smokes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 84.99
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.