Topic Stats

• 7,139 posts
  • 587 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by gearheaddropping
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Drac (resized).jpg
IMG_1235 (resized).jpg
IMG_1234 (resized).jpg
IMG_1233 (resized).jpg
IMG_1217 (resized).jpg
20190813_172824 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg
20190804_130029 (resized).jpg
20190810_152719 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190802_194328 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190831_104258 (resized).jpg
20190811_180226 (resized).jpg
38D534DB-4855-4BA4-B2F7-6CC28DAD4669 (resized).jpeg
BSD WIP 02 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7139 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 143.
#4001 3 years ago

already has collection updated .

#4002 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Third and final. It becomes a keeper along with AFM and TAF.

What about JM? I see you also had it three times!

For me too BSD definitely will never leave. But I think also my JM may be a keeper, the fastest machine ever!

#4003 3 years ago

Guys I'm ordering among other stuff, black lightning flippers. Do any of you know the exact size for the rubber needed for these flippers? First time owning a pin with lightning flippers.....Thanks!

#4004 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

What about JM? I see you also had it three times!
For me too BSD definitely will never leave. But I think also my JM may be a keeper, the fastest machine ever!

I burned out of JM. I let go of BSD because I got tired of fixing it all the dang time. I have had a long enough sabbatical to take it on again. This time though, I keep it to the end.

Besides, I have a couple contributions to this thread. Why not add some more with a third BSD ?

#4005 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

already has collection updated .

Oh, I updated that collection the day I paid for it in full - like - Dec 4th. Normally, I don't add a game until it's home, but I knew this was going to be nearly a month before it would come home. I didn't feel like waiting this time .

Sunday at 1000 - I pick it up!!!

#4006 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Guys I'm ordering among other stuff, black lightning flippers. Do any of you know the exact size for the rubber needed for these flippers? First time owning a pin with lightning flippers.....Thanks!

Standard flipper rubbers...

#4007 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Oh, I updated that collection the day I paid for it in full - like - Dec 4th. Normally, I don't add a game until it's home, but I knew this was going to be nearly a month before it would come home. I didn't feel like waiting this time .
Sunday at 1000 - I pick it up!!!

Happy for you!

#4008 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Standard flipper rubbers...

Thank you sir!!!

#4009 3 years ago

Is there a good source for BSD plastics? I am in need of two...the very small triangle one by the right pop bumper and the long thin one top left under the ramp.

#4010 3 years ago

Is this sticking on the lock an alighnment issue, coil sleve issue, or just needs a bit of lubricant on the shaft?

#4011 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Is this sticking on the lock an alighnment issue, coil sleve issue, or just needs a bit of lubricant on the shaft?

I'd go with a new coil sleeve and clean the plunger/shaft real good first. Check for alignment.

LTG : )

#4012 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd go with a new coil sleeve and clean the plunger/shaft real good first. Check for alignment.
LTG : )

+ 1

#4013 3 years ago

Welcome......

20161122_160229 (resized).jpg

#4014 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Welcome......

Hey, another BSD in Brisbane, good stuff!

#4015 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Is this sticking on the lock an alighnment issue, coil sleve issue, or just needs a bit of lubricant on the shaft? ยป YouTube video

As a general rule never ever lubricate any pinball parts. They are designed to run dry - adding lubricant will create a gooey black mess that makes things X100 worse.

#4016 3 years ago

Coffin light mod:

2011-08-10 22.44.43 (resized).jpg

#4017 3 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

As a general rule never ever lubricate any pinball parts. They are designed to run dry - adding lubricant will create a gooey black mess that makes things X100 worse.

Good to know. I pulled everything off and put in a new sleeve and then made sure everything was centered in the hole before putting it back on. I havent seen it drop two balls so I think I am in good shape. Thanks for the advice, the pinball world is new to me.

#4018 3 years ago

You guys didn't think I forgot...did you ?

20170101_195823 (resized).jpg20170101_195816 (resized).jpg

#4019 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

It looks weird in a brightly lit room by itself. Be careful it doesn't turn to dust.

#4020 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

LC or SP playfield?

#4021 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It looks weird in a brightly lit room by itself. Be careful it doesn't turn to dust.

Oh, it's not by itself anymore. TAF and DM are already with it to keep it company. DM gets picked up later this week, then AFM will be back from a playfield tear down as we are having areas touched up and then 3-5 layers of clearcoat put on AFM's playfield.

Been and insanely busy week here with pinball. Got a LOT of mods for this BSD ready. First up: ColorDMD - that's tomorrow.

I'll let you know tomorrow. Too tired to check right now .

#4022 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Oh, it's not by itself anymore. TAF and DM are already with it to keep it company. DM gets picked up later this week, then AFM will be back from a playfield tear down as we are having areas touched up and then 3-5 layers of clearcoat put on AFM's playfield.
Been and insanely busy week here with pinball. Got a LOT of mods for this BSD ready. First up: ColorDMD - that's tomorrow.

I'll let you know tomorrow. Too tired to check right now .

Cool!

#4023 3 years ago

Honestly.. I think that distinction is overhyped. I've seen great examples of both.

#4024 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Honestly.. I think that distinction is overhyped. I've seen great examples of both.

Agreed. This question is asked like one PF is a knock off of the other. Silly.

#4025 3 years ago

Well I'm hoping for Mirco to reproduce these playfields. Too many are shot. Mine's not bad but has had a long life.

#4026 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Agreed. This question is asked like one PF is a knock off of the other. Silly.

Not at all. It was just a question. NPO knows I didn't mean it like that.

#4027 3 years ago

Hi all! Per my earlier post I am looking for a few items for my BSD. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Plastics:
1. Center plastic above the 3 targets
2. Top right long thin plastic next to the hole
3. Small triangle(ish) shaped plastic by the coffin entrace
Pics of all 3 attached. Seems these are all the common broken ones...
Note, I'd prefer to find these in the US or at least from one source if overseas.

I also need info regarding some hex spacers:
Length for bottom of village
Length for the 4 pieces to mount the prototype sling plastics (and any additional hardware)

One more question:
I have a spot from magnet burn. It got me thinking about the fuses added to Addams Family to prevent this. Is there no fuse on BSD's magnet? If not, is there a kit or where to add one so this doesn't happen again?

BSD plastics (1) (resized).jpg

BSD plastics (2) (resized).jpg

BSD plastics (3) (resized).JPG

#4028 3 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Hi all! Per my earlier post I am looking for a few items for my BSD. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Plastics:
1. Center plastic above the 3 targets
2. Top right long thin plastic next to the hole
3. Small triangle(ish) shaped plastic by the coffin entrace
Pics of all 3 attached. Seems these are all the common broken ones...
Note, I'd prefer to find these in the US or at least from one source if overseas.
I also need info regarding some hex spacers:
Length for bottom of village
Length for the 4 pieces to mount the prototype sling plastics (and any additional hardware)
One more question:
I have a spot from magnet burn. It got me thinking about the fuses added to Addams Family to prevent this. Is there no fuse on BSD's magnet? If not, is there a kit or where to add one so this doesn't happen again?

Repro plastic sets were made, you should still be able to find them at PPS or others.

Should be able to search this thread for the proto hardware. I can never remember.

Haven't seen or heard much about magnet problems like that on this game, so I can't help there.

#4029 3 years ago

It's actually LS or SP, but as stated above I have seen both in great or terrible conditions. I have an LS in mine right now and it looks like brand new gymnasium floor with a high gloss shine, mint and all original. What it really comes down to is how were they stored, you wouldn't want to keep having them exposed high humid conditions to brittle dry air etc... that's were all the swelling and contractions occur which will lead to planking eventually.

#4030 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Congrats. That's nice looking. I absolutely love mine now that I can hit the ramps with some skill. Baby steps for me and pinball. Plays a bit different than my Tron.

I have everything working on mine except for the ball coming off the ramp for lock every so often, i've tried all the suggestions on recentering or moving the top post to the far left but it still does it on fast balls. I will probably put a "mod" up there to prevent it from jumping out.

I also have some other mods planned to show everyone once I am back from Vegas this week.

#4031 3 years ago

i think i'm gonna fart around with some colored gi. you guys make me jealous with your pics. i figure i could easily match the blue and purple plastics with those colors and run red under the pops and top lane guides. of course, then there's the backbox... i'm also looking into upgrading my rubbers with some colored ones, since mine are showing some age. i'm starting with blue on the flippers.

this seems like a never-ending quest of tweaking, so i hope i'm up for it. i don't want it to wear me out to the point where i'm waving the white flag. i do hit the wall of frustration sometimes, but i think BSD is worth it. we'll see.

#4032 3 years ago

Anyone in the NY metro area looking to leave the club? Let me know as I'm interested in joining.

#4033 3 years ago

so I have mist issues I can't get figured out no matter what I do or how much reading I have done. I have put 2 homepin boards in, aligned the optos, taken all the gi lighting out, removed gates, cleaned everything, and still can't get my mist to work correctly. Sometimes the magnet unload errors out and every time the check opto 1 errors. I seriously don't know what else to do to get the game working properly again.

#4034 3 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

so I have mist issues I can't get figured out no matter what I do or how much reading I have done. I have put 2 homepin boards in, aligned the optos, taken all the gi lighting out, removed gates, cleaned everything, and still can't get my mist to work correctly. Sometimes the magnet unload errors out and every time the check opto 1 errors. I seriously don't know what else to do to get the game working properly again.

What does it do? Does it drop the ball mid mist MB? Does it work at all?

#4035 3 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Can u take a pic of your fliptronics board? The c2 cap or lack there of can cause a issue with mist magnet.

#4036 3 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

What is it doing? I put a new Homepin board in yesterday, and my mist ball STOPPED working right. The game, on startup, would just endlessly dump the mist ball. Everytime it went into the shooter lane, the game would just fire it INTO the playfield and not the mist ball holding area.

Changed my board back to factory, and all is good. Did this 2 times just to make sure, and yep, bad Homepin board.

First time ever for me.

#4037 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

What is it doing? I put a new Homepin board in yesterday, and my mist ball STOPPED working right. The game, on startup, would just endlessly dump the mist ball. Everytime it went into the shooter lane, the game would just fire it INTO the playfield and not the mist ball holding area.
Changed my board back to factory, and all is good. Did this 2 times just to make sure, and yep, bad Homepin board.
First time ever for me.

#4038 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

First time ever for me.

Great info NPO! Why did you change the board if the factory one was good tho?

#4039 3 years ago

When it actually populates a ball into mist it works fine in the magnet besides the check opto 1 errors. Every once in a while in the different switch test modes long beam opto just bounce on and off.

#4040 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Great info NPO! Why did you change the board if the factory one was good tho?

Some people think new boards are better and bullet proof things..... i actually get rid of aftermarket boards bc i tend to have more issues with them lol. I only use aftermarket if i absolutely have no other options....

#4041 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Some people think new boards are better and bullet proof things..... i actually get rid of aftermarket boards bc i tend to have more issues with them lol. I only use aftermarket if i absolutely have no other options....

I just sent my power driver board to Chris Hibler for a complete upgrade and also sent my MPU for NVRAM install. I always like to do that with machines I plan on keeping

#4042 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I just sent my power driver board to Chris Hibler for a complete upgrade and also sent my MPU for NVRAM install. I always like to do that with machines I plan on keeping

Yep we have some great people on this forum that can make your boards really reliable.

#4043 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

And a lot of people don't realize that certain (many) NiWumpf and Rottendog boards are not compatible with each other...like CPU/driver.

#4044 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep we have some great people on this forum that can make your boards really reliable.

BTW, what is the non-ghosting version we were discussing the other day? Might as well have Chris install it now that he has the board for nvram

#4045 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

BTW, what is the non-ghosting version we were discussing the other day? Might as well have Chris install it now that he has the board for nvram

Theres a ng patch that some people are capable of putting in the rom. It made a big difference in my pin for sure. Definitely worth asking about...

#4046 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Theres a ng patch that some people are capable of putting in the rom. It made a big difference in my pin for sure. Definitely worth asking about...

Ty! I'll text Chris and tell him about this ng patch

#4047 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i think i'm gonna fart around with some colored gi. you guys make me jealous with your pics. i figure i could easily match the blue and purple plastics with those colors and run red under the pops and top lane guides. of course, then there's the backbox... i'm also looking into upgrading my rubbers with some colored ones, since mine are showing some age. i'm starting with blue on the flippers.
this seems like a never-ending quest of tweaking, so i hope i'm up for it. i don't want it to wear me out to the point where i'm waving the white flag. i do hit the wall of frustration sometimes, but i think BSD is worth it. we'll see.

This is the first machine where I've been happy with adding color to the GI. Normally, I don't want to drowned out the plastics, but the plastics in this game are so minimalist that it works. I used all mostly blue with red under the buildings.

#4048 3 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

remove the opto blank in front the of the receiver on the left side. fixed my issues.

#4049 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

This is the first machine where I've been happy with adding color to the GI. Normally, I don't want to drowned out the plastics, but the plastics in this game are so minimalist that it works. I used all mostly blue with red under the buildings.

you read my mind.

#4050 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So I'll vouch and say I have actually SEEN this be the case. Note this post from 2 years ago:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=npo#post-1872865

My castle lock optos were reading out of order. If I recall correctly, they were triggering 2-1-3 instead of 1-2-3. I knew there was no way the wires just magically "swapped places" on the optos. I ordered the new board as I had heard great things about them, and sure enough, my optos triggered in the correct sequence at that point.

Seeing is believing, and that was all I needed to be sold.

Unfortunately, now the new board is faulty; however....

Think if I hadn't just installed this board and my mist ball circuit started acting up. I'd be installing a faulty unit into my game, and then I'd really be chasing my tail. No thanks.

So, at the end of the day, yes, I do buy boards to keep my games sound. I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

YMMV.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Sale Pending!
Fairfield, IA
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 7139 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 143.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside