By shacklersrevenge

5 years ago

Stats

• 5,007 posts
  • 471 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Bryan_Kelly
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,398 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4712 (resized).JPG
Brock FIT (resized).jpg
IMG_20171228_144711 (resized).jpg
20171221_170541 (resized).jpg
D4263046-0FD6-4A6B-A001-F209AF331F58 (resized).jpeg
BB45BA98-0A4B-483D-8BC4-26BEBB3BB8D7 (resized).jpeg
BB29E70B-41F7-4778-ACF5-67ED6CBA6397 (resized).jpeg
20171210_132602 (resized).jpg
20171127_190843 (resized).jpg
20171127_183747 (resized).jpg
BSD Ruinss (resized).jpg
20171113_221026 (resized).jpg
20171124_171904 (resized).jpg
20171126_170627 (resized).jpg
20171125_205047 (resized).jpg
P1020272 (resized).jpg

There are 5007 posts in topic. You are on page 77 of 101.
#3801 1 year ago

yeah, definitely expensive. $500 for me, and I'm holding off for now, too.

#3802 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I see the color DMD is now available for BSD! Very excited but where do I buy a clear speaker panel to replace the red one?

Official announcement.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-50-love-never-dies

#3803 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I see the color DMD is now available for BSD! Very excited but where do I buy a clear speaker panel to replace the red one?

Try Pinball Center in Germany, they may be able to help to you out. They did me, but it meant ordering a few.

#3804 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Ouch - that's $140 USD shipped to Australia plus the cost of the Color DMD, adds up to over $800 Australian

If you are thinking of buying the speaker panel in the future, maybe you should try to use some paint thinner to get off the red tint. I've never done it myself but someone did it to a Gottlieb Stargate. Make sure to mask the artwork.

#3805 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I was having major mist issues, and through searching the forums and trial and error, I found out that my right Mist gate was bent enough for the ball to be out of line with the long throw opto. Everything is playing like a champ again!!

Just joking. It's messed up again. Fails opto test and won't reload a ball into the gate

#3806 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Just joking. It's messed up again. Fails opto test and won't reload a ball into the gate

remove the opto "guide" in front of the opto receiver on the left-hand side. looks like an opto blank, if that makes sense.

#3807 1 year ago

FYI, if you are a stickler for accuracy, the speaker panel from Classic Arcades has the wrong colors on parts of the blood. My buddy bought one for his and some of the blood is purple, not red.

#3808 1 year ago
Quoted from Gov:

FYI, if you are a stickler for accuracy, the speaker panel from Classic Arcades has the wrong colors on parts of the blood. My buddy bought one for his and some of the blood is purple, not red.

boggles the mind that they wouldnt fix that for the next print run.

#3809 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

boggles the mind that they wouldnt fix that for the next print run.

Because it takes a major event for Classic Arcades to make any changes once they release something, even though colors are way off in some cases.

#3810 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Because it takes a major event for Classic Arcades to make any changes once they release something, even though colors are way off in some cases.

Sounds like a good way to run a business. Good thing for them that they don't have any competition.

#3811 1 year ago

If I install a LED ColorDMD in my BSD, I'll go the route of using paint thinner to remove the red film off the original speaker panel insert. If I do this and decide to remove the ColorDMD when I go to sell it, I'll put one of these red gels over the plasma DMD. I do have a couple I bought when then these were still in stock. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/30189U

#3812 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Sounds like a good way to run a business. Good thing for them that they don't have any competition.

Yup, and if you call them on it, they deny it and say that have NEVER had a complaint about this stuff before and it must just be you being picky.

#3813 1 year ago

If I install a LED ColorDMD in my BSD, I'll go the route of using paint thinner to remove the red film off the original speaker panel insert. If I do this and decide to remove the ColorDMD when I go to sell it, I'll put one of these red gels over the plasma DMD. I do have a couple I bought when then these were still in stock. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/30189U

Let us know how it works.

#3815 1 year ago
Quoted from Gov:

Yup, and if you call them on it, they deny it and say that have NEVER had a complaint about this stuff before and it must just be you being picky.

Smh... Guess I'll try the manual method before buying from them.

#3816 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Smh... Guess I'll try the manual method before buying from them.

Honestly the purple doesn't look that bad. If I was going to adjust the original art I would make the red darker, not purple, but darker. The red on the original speaker panel is too light and I'm pretty sure mine isn't faded.

My original was scratched up so it made sense to get a new one anyways but for those people with a good original, it makes sense to try to take the red off and continue using the original.

#3817 1 year ago

I bought a clear speaker panel and it already arrived. It's not a terribly big deal, a couple of purple drips will not stand out to me when the display is in full color. Almost every repro plastic I've bought has some color differences from the original. Thanks dmb for working on this project.

#3818 1 year ago

I will be curious to see results of red removal. Please post a pic if successful.

#3819 1 year ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Honestly the purple doesn't look that bad. If I was going to adjust the original art I would make the red darker, not purple, but darker. The red on the original speaker panel is too light and I'm pretty sure mine isn't faded.
My original was scratched up so it made sense to get a new one anyways but for those people with a good original, it makes sense to try to take the red off and continue using the original.

I'd do it because I don't want to support a vendor who does business like that.

#3820 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I'd do it because I don't want to support a vendor who does business like that.

I'm not sure what you mean.

It's up to the individual if they are OK with the purple or not. I don't see why Classic Arcades has to change it if they don't want to. It's good to know the difference before buying and they show it in the pictures.

#3821 1 year ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It's up to the individual if they are OK with the purple or not. I don't see why Classic Arcades has to change it if they don't want to. It's good to know the difference before buying and they show it in the pictures.

If they're trying to make faithful reproductions and there's something they know is wrong, I'd think they would want to fix it so that's it's faithful to the original.

Quoted from Gov:

Though I'm sure this isn't a word for word quote, the sentiment is too much for me.

#3822 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Though I'm sure this isn't a word for word quote, the sentiment is too much for me.

I was pretty close to that. This item is one of the more minor things that they have released. Some of their stuff is just flat out wrong and poorly done. That said, it has that official hologram sticker on it that seems to be so important....

#3823 1 year ago

I do agree if they act like that they are wrong but I am glad someone makes those speaker panels. My original was scratched up. So I'm not sure what to say about that. Maybe try to get someone else to make it better. Maybe Dantina, who's making lighted speaker panels, can make a better one.

#3824 1 year ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I wasn't aware of the color issue when I ordered it, but saw it noted here before it arrived. Mine does have the purple, but it doesn't look bad at all on the machine, and unnoticeable during play. Still better than the somewhat foggy panel I had before.

Also, the LED ColorDMD is very impressive and has way more pop/definition than the LCD screens IMO (I'd gladly get LED again for certain machines, but I like the smoothing option on the LCD too). Just with the new LED screen set on red, I see more detail than I realized was in the dots (compared to the original setup as it was). Had I known it would look so good, I would have wanted it without the impending color

#3825 1 year ago

Having a problem with the mystery scope tunnel switch. Most often during multi ball if 2 balls enter the scoop it rarely will register the 2nd ball and it then begins a ball search. I usually will have to left the pf for the ball to travel up and hit the switch for it to release it. Is there a fix for this? My first bsd would have a similar issue as well.

1 week later
#3826 1 year ago

Guess who's back in AGAIN ????

YEP! Third and final time. Man, I was gunning HARD for a BSD. Once the ColorDMD dropped, I knew I had to have one.

First, just want to say thank you to everyone I pinged asking if they would consider selling theirs. I contacted a good number of owners in the local (surrounding states), and everyone said "thanks, but I'm good!", and that made me want one even more. I was like "oh man...I may have dun really screwed up letting this game go..."

Now I'm back in, and that's it - this one along with AFM and TAF are the beginning of my "keepers". All others have gone to other homes; I now am realizing what I want, and this is the beginning of my "keepers collection". Next, CFTBL and maybe SS if the price is right/fair. This game has gotten silly hot lately. As soon as one pops up for sale - POOF - gone... I'm glad to finally be able to say I'm back in the Carpathians, and I ain't leaving anymore.

Let's bask in the "YES!!!". I found this one courtesy of Trent at Tilt Amusements. He had 3 of them in which he kept one for his private collection, and then I picked between the remaining two in his inventory. Beautiful example of a game with a SOLID playfield. Cabinet decals will need some loving, but it's nothing I can't live with for a while. I'm so very pleased I was finally able to locate one, and it was only 1.5 hours away. Got the ColorDMD and the Bat Coffin mod from PinballCustoms waiting to be installed. Only bummer is due to the location of this game, I have to wait 1 month for the holiday's inventory to be sold and moved out of the way, and then it can be brought to the first floor and I can pick it up - ideally the end of this month - latest will be the 1st two weeks of January. No biggie though - it is bought and paid for - one month is no big deal now.

Trent gave me a VERY fair price on this game. I highly recommend if you can make the drive to visit his location. His inventory is the stuff of dreams. If you want it, he prolly has it...

SOON!

20161204_154051 (resized).jpg20161204_154043 (resized).jpg20161204_154106 (resized).jpg20161204_154120 (resized).jpg20161204_154037 (resized).jpg20161204_153831 (resized).jpg20161204_153713 (resized).jpg20161204_153703 (resized).jpg20161204_153546 (resized).jpg20161204_153550 (resized).jpg20161204_153556 (resized).jpg20161204_153154 (resized).jpg20161204_153630 (resized).jpg20161204_153643 (resized).jpg20161204_153609 (resized).jpg20161204_153602 (resized).jpg20161204_153619 (resized).jpg20161204_153941 (resized).jpg20161204_153915 (resized).jpg20161204_153923 (resized).jpg20161204_153927 (resized).jpg20161204_153919 (resized).jpg

20161204_153614 (resized).jpg

20161204_153652 (resized).jpg

20161204_153656 (resized).jpg

20161204_153720 (resized).jpg

#3827 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I wasn't aware of the color issue when I ordered it, but saw it noted here before it arrived. Mine does have the purple, but it doesn't look bad at all on the machine, and unnoticeable during play. Still better than the somewhat foggy panel I had before.
Also, the LED ColorDMD is very impressive and has way more pop/definition than the LCD screens IMO (I'd gladly get LED again for certain machines, but I like the smoothing option on the LCD too). Just with the new LED screen set on red, I see more detail than I realized was in the dots (compared to the original setup as it was). Had I known it would look so good, I would have wanted it without the impending color

Really? I like the option for ganes like cv with no other option but to me it looks about the same as original plasma but with color and actually a little less details due to it being led dots. I like that its brighter but its to brite imo and i much perfer the lcd on dots xl ..... good to have options tho so thats all that matters.

#3828 1 year ago

I just brought home my second pin, well this one is owned by the wife. Bram Stoker's Dracula has a permanent spot bolt to the floor.

I had one issue with the outhole kicker. It was gunked up with some crusty oil. I did a bit of quick clean and it was good as news. Game plays perfectly.

I've mainly been testing the outer lain drains. I need to make sure those are work ok... it seem they are...

i had one

#3829 1 year ago

Really love mine. Its been all restored and its a darn hard game but so rewarding once you go deep.

IMGP0779 (resized).JPG

IMGP0780 (resized).JPG

IMGP0781 (resized).JPG

IMGP0786 (resized).JPG

#3830 1 year ago

Just joined you boys and girls with a new BSD we brought home. Seems to be working 96% except for the right flipper is week when it warms up. Ordered a full kit and the suggestion is to get these too.

Will this specific one work for BSD? http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=270

#3831 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Just joined you boys and girls with a new BSD we brought home. Seems to be working 96% except for the right flipper is week when it warms up. Ordered a full kit and the suggestion is to get these too.
Will this specific one work for BSD? http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=270

Sounds like the EOS switch has a contact issue, or a broken wire to it.

#3832 1 year ago

Just noticed with the Color DMD that the "SUN" frame (after putting in your initials) hasn't been colored. Not sure if this has been discovered yet or if it's worth reporting to Color DMD for possible revision.

#3833 1 year ago

I'd suggest reporting it. See what they say.

#3834 1 year ago

Sounds like the EOS switch has a contact issue, or a broken wire to it.

I cleaned the contact on the EOS and it seems to be much better.

#3835 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Just noticed with the Color DMD that the "SUN" frame (after putting in your initials) hasn't been colored. Not sure if this has been discovered yet or if it's worth reporting to Color DMD for possible revision.

SUN frame? I put Sun in for the initials and Dracula screamed but I didn't see any animation. I read about the easter egg. Can you give me a little more info of how to get it? Maybe it only works for a grand champion or something.

#3836 1 year ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

SUN frame? I put Sun in for the initials and Dracula screamed but I didn't see any animation. I read about the easter egg. Can you give me a little more info of how to get it? Maybe it only works for a grand champion or something.

It still shows the scrolls and reads something to the effect of "Oh no - Not the Sun -AGHHHH"

It was as a Grand Champion when I just last did it (cheated to see the color animations :p). I don't recall if that was necessary to see the text frame.

#3837 1 year ago

GC shouldn't be necessary, just the initials.

#3838 1 year ago

I have an original manual and schematics for sale. SOLD!

manual (resized).jpg

#3839 1 year ago

haven't had the chance to watch this yet, but you know it's going to be good:

» YouTube video

#3840 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

haven't had the chance to watch this yet, but you know it's going to be good:
» YouTube video

Wow, what a treat to watch Keith Elwin master this game. At least 2 triple MB stacks in the first 20 minutes alone.

Between this and Bowen's tutorial = stuff pinball dreams are made of.

#3841 1 year ago

Hello!

I'm about to buy a BSD but I have a quick question: What are the original pop bumper cap color(s)? Thanks!

#3842 1 year ago

Original is red, but I have also seen blue or purple used when tweaking.

#3843 1 year ago

i always check the original flyer for stuff like that:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=3072&picno=4583&zoom=1

i just noticed the prototype sling covers on the flyer. that's pretty cool.

#3844 1 year ago

Thanks!

#3845 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i just noticed the prototype sling covers on the flyer. that's pretty cool.

I purchased a set but am yet to install them. Takes 1 inch hex spacers which I also purchased.

ebay.com link » Williams Bram Stokers Dracula Pinball Prototype Slings Slingshots Plastics

#3846 1 year ago

i have them, too. i meant that they were on the promo flyer.

#3847 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Wow, what a treat to watch Keith Elwin master this game. At least 2 triple MB stacks in the first 20 minutes alone.
Between this and Bowen's tutorial = stuff pinball dreams are made of.

Good play, but:

- the playfield looks quite flat, definitely not the standard 6.5 degrees. I also have mine around 5.5/6 and its definitely easier. You can tell from how easily ramps are made
- standard flippers (same here): so much more fun than the frustrating and annoying lightning flippers. BSD has actually been designed for standard flipper, lightning flippers has apparently been added later from a suggestion of a french operator in order to shorten ball time
- ball save time during multiballs VERY generous (mine much shorter). Hence much easier to start multi-multiballs
- which flipper rubbers is he using? I can dead catch all the time, but here it looks like gluing the ball
- also rubbers on the outlanes looks like gluing the ball. Mine, black, bounce definitely more, and when the ball is in that area it often bounces several times then drain. Outlanes are obviously narrow, as they should be on BSD
- tilt also seems pretty loose
-gentle slingshots, they do not throw the ball all over the place

That being said, I think that this is the way to setup this machine. So you can see who is a good player. When the game is set as normal (6.5 degrees) I find it not only brutal, but actually random, which is frustrating and not fun. Anyway in this video in my opinion steepness is a bit too easy, as well as ball save time.

#3848 1 year ago

I got my ColorDMD installed tonight. It really has some great animations and colors. Here is a sample. » YouTube video

LED installs on it are a must now so I will eventually get to that. I am probably going to go with the pinbulbs setup.

I have two remaining issues, Flipper rebuild kit to fix the weak right flipper and my Mist gate on the right side opens and then closes before the mist ball makes it back in that side.

#3849 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Here is a sample.

Such an epic game you had going on there.
Can you shoot a vide of the mist multiball?

#3850 1 year ago

I know. That was the first time I heard that novice call out.

Here is the mist issue. It seems to only happen after the machine is warmed up and about 50 percent of the time: » YouTube video

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Advance, NC
$ 5.00
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
$ 5.00
$ 209.99
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
3,200 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Jackson, MI
$ 12.95
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 229.99
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 5007 posts in topic. You are on page 77 of 101.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside