Topic Stats

• 6,930 posts
  • 574 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by KornFreak28
  • Topic is favorited by 222 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,123 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

81187B63-C0AF-4214-BEF9-DB5726F9AAF0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190920_175215 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190920_174611 (resized).jpg
bsdglass3 (resized).jpg
bsdglassmirror (resized).jpg
bsdcpr (resized).jpg
20190831_104258 (resized).jpg
20190906_164519 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190802_194328 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190803_051548 (resized).jpg
20190803_051543 (resized).jpg
20190811_180226 (resized).jpg
bsdd (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 6930 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 139.
#3751 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I picked me up one of these Bram Strokers Draculas the other day. I'm not sure if it's HUO, but it looks almost NUO (No use only).
This is before I cleaned it up. Now it really shines.

o-din, you're an EM guy.... send this machine to me... you may follow Kneissl tips above....

#3752 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

o-din, you're an EM guy...

I'm an all around pinball guy and I like to give visitors a variety of games to play.

This BSD cleaned up very nicely and I took care of a few problems.

1. There was a magnet unloading error caused by the across playfield opto not working. The fix was reflowing the solder on the back of the 24 opto board.

2. After the above repair there was a magnet loading error caused by the ball in the right hand pocket not fully blocking the beam. The fix was to slightly bend the metal piece the ball rests on to move the ball slightly up in the pocket.

I figure as long as I can fix them, I'll keep on getting them. And this one now works perfect.

Also I now have bats flying around my house at night.....

1 week later
#3753 3 years ago

I scmucked up a tad. I did not label connections under the playfield. I thought I did not need to! Now I am not seeing the connections. Is there a schematic or trick or...any help is great appreciated. Thanks.

image (resized).jpeg

#3754 3 years ago
#3755 3 years ago

Just checked out the site... Never heard of them. Had no idea they made them for so many different games including BSD and CONGO ! Anyone have any idea how the quality is???

#3756 3 years ago

PjM -
Look at the manual - it has a list of connectors - narrow it down by the number of pins in the connector, then use the schematic and look at the wire colors. Another trick I use is to see how far the connector can go. Once you know how far is can go, you will know where to look. For example, you know those connectors won't connect to the back of the playfield or to the CPU board.

Once you find the range, match the colors of the wires to the same style connector.

This is an easy mistake to make - been there, done that, figured out how to find the other end of the connector.

#3757 3 years ago

Thank you. I will do this. I got too confident then realized. ..ah. Thanks again.

#3758 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Just checked out the site... Never heard of them. Had no idea they made them for so many different games including BSD and CONGO ! Anyone have any idea how the quality is???

Here's what the Black Rose decals look like up close so BSD and Congo should be the same. Very, very nice.

29679919912_141ede519e_k (resized).jpg

#3759 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I just ordered some BSD decals from them after receiving my white water ones last week. The quality is superb, much better than the next generation stuff so gonna buy more from them as they have a lot of DE and gottlieb games, which no one else seems to have.

1 week later
#3760 3 years ago

I've been digging this game now that I've had a chance to put quite a few plays on it.

I know from other games I've owned and played that stackable multiballs were not the norm this early in the 90s. Does any body know if BSD was the first game to have them?

#3761 3 years ago

Adjustment A.2 01 Ball Time: what is this about?

#3762 3 years ago

Fathom and a couple others could be considered to have stackable multiball

#3763 3 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Fathom and a couple others could be considered to have stackable multiball

Thanks. I've played Fathom but not enough time on it to know that. No matter how hard I try there is no stacking multiballs on my Skateball.

#3764 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No matter how hard I try there is no stacking multiballs on my Skateball.

It probably just needs some lightning flippers. You got a beautiful Skateball! And this is a heck of a BSD deal.

#3765 3 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

It probably just needs some lightning flippers.

I was thinking that very thing last night. Then I woke up. There is no removing those fat Bally flippers, just like there is no removing BSD's lightning flippers. At least not mine.

#3766 3 years ago

I put full size blood reds on mine because it was too hard for the rest of the family. My scores went through the roof.

#3767 3 years ago

Mine had white lightnings. I bought some black lightnings with some red Titans. I thought that would look cool. I'm going to use the white lightnings on my VA.

#3768 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Up

1 week later
#3769 3 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Anyone? I have the exact same question. I am using BSD in a tournament soon and I'm wondering if I should adjust this setting. (I've read that I should leave tournament mode off as it has bugs).

#3770 3 years ago

Untitled (resized).png

#3772 3 years ago

Thanks weaver. I have the manual and I have read the description. However it vague. What does "award more features" mean? Larger end of ball bonus? Free progress towards MB on next ball? Is "ball time" per ball or per game?

Does anyone change this setting? I played around with it a bit and I don't notice the difference between it set to default (35 sec) and OFF.

#3773 3 years ago

sounds like ball time, not game. i would have guessed it's ball save time, but i see that's a.2.03. who knows.

#3774 3 years ago

default works for me.

#3775 3 years ago

I believe it means it'll light extra ball on the ramp at fewer shots, etc.

#3776 3 years ago

Can anyone provide me easy instructions on how to remove the graveyard from the playfield? I don't want to end up removing unnecessary items

#3777 3 years ago
Quoted from TravisRT1985:

Can anyone provide me easy instructions on how to remove the graveyard from the playfield? I don't want to end up removing unnecessary items

It's screwed into the main ramp, so that whole thing has to come off.

#3778 3 years ago

It's the middle of the night. Do you know where your Bram Stoker's is? Hail Barry Oursler.

DSCN5019 (resized).JPG

#3779 2 years ago

oursler overload, if that's even possible.

my buddy has a Space Shuttle. barry doesn't suck.

#3780 2 years ago

just installed my pinball pro 3-piece kit. feel the bass! too much actually. had to turn it down. glass still rattles on the lowest setting on the sub control dial. pretty impressive without it being powered.

#3781 2 years ago

My bsd is resetting help i can start a game and it will reset randomly ive reset all connections still resets all power goes off for a milisecond then game powers back on and have to push start to start another game seems to do it more on multiball any help is appreciated

1 week later
#3782 2 years ago

What's it mean when there are stray pixels showing up in the DMD? It's mostly on the right side of the screen and reminds me of what an old NES cartridge would do.

#3783 2 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

My bsd is resetting help i can start a game and it will reset randomly ive reset all connections still resets all power goes off for a milisecond then game powers back on and have to push start to start another game seems to do it more on multiball any help is appreciated

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets

#3784 2 years ago

I've never seen stray pixels but how about lost pixels in the main background graphics.....all the front word graphics are fine but the Dracula skill shot heads, clouds, and detailed stuff all have many missing pixels in them in these pics of my DMD. Funny sometimes it's worse than other times....very random.

IMG_4393 (resized).JPG

IMG_4396 (resized).JPG

IMG_4397 (resized).JPG

IMG_4398 (resized).JPG

#3785 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I've never seen stray pixels but how about lost pixels

Try reseating the connectors on the DMD and on the board.

#3786 2 years ago

try a ribbon cable from another pin.

#3787 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I've never seen stray pixels but how about lost pixels in the main background graphics.....all the front word graphics are fine but the Dracula skill shot heads, clouds, and detailed stuff all have many missing pixels in them in these pics of my DMD. Funny sometimes it's worse than other times....very random.

How do you hear anything with those promo coasters in front of the speakers?

#3788 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

How do you hear anything with those promo coasters in front of the speakers?

Like this........

IMG_5003 (resized).JPG

#3789 2 years ago

Can someone post a pic of how this switch mounts to the drop target assembly please. It wasn't registering properly and I also found the actuator on the bottom of cabinet. I took it off to re-attach and forgot how it goes back and nothing seems right. Thanks

image (resized).jpeg

#3790 2 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

Can someone post a pic of how this switch mounts to the drop target assembly please. It wasn't registering properly and I also found the actuator on the bottom of cabinet. I took it off to re-attach and forgot how it goes back and nothing seems right. Thanks

Go to pinballlife.com and search for drop target assembly. You can see it there.

#3791 2 years ago

I think I figured it out so don' t go out of your way to post pic. I was just in a hurry before. It kind of makes sense now.

#3792 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Go to pinballlife.com and search for drop target assembly. You can see it there.

I will check that to make sure. Thanks

#3793 2 years ago

So, I just removed the bulbs from below Dracula and Renfield. They just seem like random illuminated circles in the middle of the playfield artwork. I know that they illuminate when Dracula is talking, but other then that, are they integrated into the rules in a way that I'm not seeing?

Playfield (resized).jpg

#3794 2 years ago

So there are two ways you can proceed.

1. The link in the quote

Or if you want "instant yet expen$ive gratification"...

2. https://ksarcade.net/rottendog-driver-for-bally-williams-wpc-89-a-12697-1-wdb089.html

If you go #2, MAKE SURE you check and test everything else that is NOT on the board....

#3795 2 years ago

I was having major mist issues, and through searching the forums and trial and error, I found out that my right Mist gate was bent enough for the ball to be out of line with the long throw opto. Everything is playing like a champ again!!

#3796 2 years ago

IMG_1864 (resized).JPGIMG_1863 (resized).JPG

#3797 2 years ago

The sickness is real

#3798 2 years ago

I see the color DMD is now available for BSD! Very excited but where do I buy a clear speaker panel to replace the red one?

#3800 2 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

ebay.com link » Williams Bram Stokers Dracula Pinball Machine Speaker Panel Dmd Brand New

Ouch - that's $140 USD shipped to Australia plus the cost of the Color DMD, adds up to over $800 Australian

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 6930 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 139.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside