IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 224.
#3701 7 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

I was hoping someone could do me a favour and check which version of power driver board you have. I was referencing the manual which reports the board is A-12697-1, but the sticker on my board is A-12697-3. My board is missing the a few components like the opto isolators at u7 and u8, and I wanted to make sure I have the correct board.

my guess is it was replaced with a newer board, maybe a DCS or WPC-S power board. probably fine.

#3702 7 years ago
Quoted from Neuromancer87:

Question for all you BSD owners:
I am currently debating between purchasing a BSD or a FT (Fishtales). They've got similar pricepoints. This question being aimed at those who have experience with both: all things being equal, how does BSD prevail?

Both great choices. FT was my second machine. I had it for several years and would gladly own another. I just picked up BSD a month ago. So far so good. In my rankings, I have BSD slightly ahead on Game Design and FT slightly ahead on Artwork. I'd describe them both as deceptively simple, but short ball times keep them from getting boring. As others have said, it might come down to which theme you prefer. Do you want something light (FT) or dark (BSD)? Personally, I'd add both to my list and see which one is available. If they are both available, I'd choose BSD. There are twice as many FTs, so tracking one down in the future should be an easier task. Either way though, both would be a nice contrast to LOTR.

PS: I came here to post my updated LEDs. I swapped in more blue to keep with the dark theme. The picture makes the lower spotlights look white, but they are blue superbrights. They help to illuminate the playfield and buildings. It's the same light that's shinning on the graveyard. I normally use frosted white for GI, but in this case I really think the blue gives it an eerie nighttime feel without drowning out any of the artwork. Kept the red under the buildings, which adds a nice contrast.

IMG_1823 (resized).JPGIMG_1823 (resized).JPG

#3703 7 years ago

gots mines in, too, and they all work!

IMAG0269[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0269[1] (resized).jpg

all natural white, except the coffin.

#3704 7 years ago

I am currently debating between purchasing a BSD or a FT (Fishtales). They've got similar pricepoints. This question being aimed at those who have experience with both: all things being equal, how does BSD prevail?

Skip those and get an xmen, you know you want it!

#3705 7 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Skip those and get an xmen, you know you want it!

I'd only do so as a charity to keep others from ever having to play that dreadful game.

Anyway, I appreciate your answers. Being a family man, I want to make sure that my next pinball is something that won't traumatize my kids. Then again, I don't want them growing up being little pansies either. How scary is BSD, really? My next step is to go and play it on location somewhere.

#3706 7 years ago

my daughter is 4 and she's been fine with it so far. got it about 2 weeks ago. i'm kind of surprised, actually.

#3707 7 years ago

I've got two four (almost five) year old girls. They both play BSD. I'm curious what people think are the "scary" parts. Perhaps video mode, Dracula's face before bats or killing Dracula during coffin multiball. My girls are somewhat fearless, so they might not be the best judge of if it's too scary.

PS: There is also a family mode. I'm not sure what's different.
PSS: Yeah go play one. Decide for yourself what you like better.

#3708 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There is also a family mode. I'm not sure what's different.

As far as I discovered, all it does is turn off the girl's moan when getting a bonus X from the top lanes.

#3709 7 years ago

When I was a little kid, instead of Mickey Mouse, my dad bought me Frankenstein, Dracula and Mummy comic-books... Nowadays I'm completely normal!

#3710 7 years ago

BSD blows away fish tales i have owned both still have BSD! threw fish tales back!

#3711 7 years ago

I'd only do so as a charity to keep others from ever having to play that dreadful game.
Anyway, I appreciate your answers. Being a family man, I want to make sure that my next pinball is something that won't traumatize my kids. Then again, I don't want them growing up being little pansies either. How scary is BSD, really? My next step is to go and play it on location somewhere.

for kids the scariest thing about bsd is the translite . and once they get to kill the children of the night they will love it!

#3712 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

When I was a little kid, instead of Mickey Mouse, my dad bought me Frankenstein, Dracula and Mummy comic-books... Nowadays I'm completely normal!

Mentira!

#3713 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

for kids the scariest thing about bsd is the translite . and once they get to kill the children of the night they will love it!

I feel like you are doing a great job of demonstrating that the best way to teach children to deal with fear is to face it down and show them how good deals with evil. So many parents are overly determined to hide their children from scary things, and that's no good.

#3714 7 years ago

Cara, voce me fez procurar as revistas e tirar fotos para lhe provar... agora, se eu sou normal ou não, aí já é outra história..... minha esposa diz que eu tenho um parafuso a menos na cabeça....

20160906_210346.jpg20160906_210346.jpg20160906_210225.jpg20160906_210225.jpg

#3715 7 years ago

Sua esposa ta certa.
Where's your BSD??! All those comics and no Drac!

#3716 7 years ago

I played X-Men for the first time last year at a show. It was game of the show for me, I can't figure out why it gets so much hate.

#3717 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

I played X-Men for the first time last year at a show. It was game of the show for me, I can't figure out why it gets so much hate.

I get it, it's a love-it-or hate it kinda game. I respect those who enjoy it. Can't talk about it anymore though... I've already been warned by le management.

#3718 7 years ago

I get it, it's a love-it-or hate it kinda game. I respect those who enjoy it. Can't talk about it anymore though... I've already been warned by le management.

What??

An obvious question arise: is this site sponsored or supported by some company of the pinball industry?

(If yes, it's not necessarily a bad thing: but it should be disclosed).

#3719 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Sua esposa ta certa.
Where's your BSD??! All those comics and no Drac!

In my wishlist...

#3720 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

What??
An obvious question arise: is this site sponsored or supported by some company of the pinball industry?
(If yes, it's not necessarily a bad thing: but it should be disclosed).

No, he's joking.

#3721 7 years ago

I asked because I remember I read in the site description page that Pinside is primarely focusing on modern new pinball machines (hence Stern, basically), and I have wondered if that meant there are some links with Stern.
Stern is basically the only producer left and Pinside is the most popular site, so I would be surprised if there weren't some kind of connnections really.

#3722 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I asked because I remember I read in the site description page that Pinside is primarely focusing on modern new pinball machines (hence Stern, basically), and I have wondered if that meant there are some links with Stern.
Stern is basically the only producer left and Pinside is the most popular site, so I would be surprised if there weren't some kind of connnections really.

Pinside is a fun place to bullshit about pinball. Posting that you don't like a game is totally fine, but doing that in a Club thread is in poor taste. That's the history of some of the comments.

On topic, I never really got into BSD until I learned the rules. It's a fun, fast game high on my wishlist now.

#3723 7 years ago

agreed! A Club is only for people who appreciate that machine!

#3724 7 years ago

I'm selling a BSD if anyone is interested. PM me for details. Price is $2,900. Located in Midlothian, Va.

#3725 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm selling a BSD if anyone is interested. PM me for details. Price is $2,900. Located in Midlothian, Va.

Bring it to me, I'll pay USD 3K ca$h!

#3726 7 years ago

Does anyone know of, or made mods for the two plastics that overly the slingshots where those factory holes are? Maybe a small rat with LED eyes hooked into the slingshot so they light up when the ball hits.....

plas_drac_slings_lg1 (resized).jpgplas_drac_slings_lg1 (resized).jpg

#3727 7 years ago

prototype sling plastics.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/Images/PartsbyGamePictures/Pic689.png

mine should arrive monday .

#3729 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Bring it to me, I'll pay USD 3K ca$h!

You pay me 4K you get free shipping.

#3730 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You pay me 4K you get free shipping.

I'd be very glad to close this deal if brazil didn't have such a f***ing stupid law stating that we can't import used eletronics/games of any sort...

#3731 7 years ago

You need someone to sail it down and motor it to shore on their dinghy under cover of darkness.

#3732 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

You need someone to sail it down and motor it to shore on their dinghy under cover of darkness.

I was counting on Skyemont!

#3733 7 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Put the game on tournament mode. It makes the random awards static. I havent seen it award an extra ball from it on tournament mode, if it does, it doesnt do it until a large number of mysteries awards.

It actually doesn't work on this game. The random point awards will still always be random.

#3734 7 years ago

i was really bored.

riodrac (resized).jpgriodrac (resized).jpg

#3735 7 years ago

#3736 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i was really bored.

What am I looking at?

#3737 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What am I looking at?

Quoted from Kneissl:

There you go

#3738 7 years ago

not sure why they thought they needed to keep it powered on during the import process.

#3739 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I was counting on Skyemont!

Nice collection. Looks a lot like mine..

#3740 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Nice collection. Looks a lot like mine..

That's so cool, heh? I only wish I'd also own a MB and a BSD!

#3741 7 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

It actually doesn't work on this game. The random point awards will still always be random.

Much more random and unbalanced in tournament mode, actually.

#3742 7 years ago

So,
I was looking at the BSD Dracula speaker panel. Shouldn't there be a way to make a clear version of this for the color dmd?

#3743 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

That's so cool, heh? I only wish I"d also own a MB and a BSD!

I would like to have a Creech and Tales of the Arabian Nights. Well, i have owned those before but would like them back. Shipping may not be to bad to ship Bram. Have you looked into it?

#3744 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

So,
I was looking at the BSD Dracula speaker panel. Shouldn't there be a way to make a clear version of this for the color dmd?

There was a guy who took his Stargate speak panel, masked the DMD window and used paint thinner to remove the red tint. That would probably work or you could buy a new one on Ebay. Be careful not to get the thinner on the art.

#3745 7 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I would like to have a Creech and Tales of the Arabian Nights. Well, i have owned those before but would like them back. Shipping may not be to bad to ship Bram. Have you looked into it?

You should try to get some Taito pins if you're going to trade with a guy in Brazil.

#3746 7 years ago

So,

There is one and i have it waiting and may just put it in as sigma now. Pretty sure the flasher board will fit still also just fine

#3747 7 years ago

So,

As mentioned, someone has made a clear panel, but I'd guess having to buy a new panel along with the DMD would shrink the market significantly, so DMod wouldn't prioritize the title.

Now that's just my speculation, which means it'll probably be the next title announced.

#3748 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

might be a problem...

so i replaced both resistors and they cooked again, as soon as i turned it on.

this was the pop bumper not working issue where r88 and 89 were melted.

i'll start a thread in tech. thanks, guys.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-pop-out-burning-resistors#post-3343892

#3749 7 years ago

I picked me up one of these Bram Strokers Draculas the other day. I'm not sure if it's HUO, but it looks almost NUO (No use only).

This is before I cleaned it up. Now it really shines.

bsd (resized).jpgbsd (resized).jpg

bsd2 (resized).jpgbsd2 (resized).jpg

#3750 7 years ago

So,

Try here: ebay.com link: WILLIAMS BRAM STOKERS DRACULA Pinball Machine Speaker Panel DMD BRAND NEW

It's a clear display with a removable red-tinted cell..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 84.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,164 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.