IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg
20240314_090424 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_205042362 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,145 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 223.
#3651 7 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Put the game on tournament mode. It makes the random awards static. I havent seen it award an extra ball from it on tournament mode, if it does, it doesnt do it until a large number of mysteries awards.

I may end up doing that. I do wonder how the percentage settings work. There are essentially six different rewards: points, bonus x, castle, coffin, video mode, and extra ball. Four of them have percentage settings. I wonder how the others are determined. I'll just play around a bit.

#3652 7 years ago

BSD is the only pin my wife plays. She had 2.4 bill pr something crazy Im close to pulling the battery's since I cant beat that score. Trust me i have spent hours and hour trying.... Love Never Dies I guess

#3653 7 years ago

I will never get tired of hearing 30 MILLION

#3654 7 years ago

I recently joined the club, pictures forthcoming... Great pin!

Does anyone have art available; full art package or possibly even just the two for the backbox? My cabinet is in excellent shape art-wise with no fade but the backbox could possibly use a bit of a refresh. The alternate art package does look neat...

Also looking for the apron stickers or maybe just hi-res scans (600dpi if I had my choice and I can do something myself as I am painting all of the armor anyway.

Would prefer to purchase from Canada or US, overseas looks to be quite pricey.

Let me know if you have anything.

Thanks.

#3655 7 years ago

Does having a SP playfield bring more value to a Bram Strokers Dracua vs a IS playfield?

#3656 7 years ago

LS (Lenc-Smith) is what you want to see, i thought.

if you guys are bored, help me over here, please:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mist-ball-gate-not-populating

#3657 7 years ago

From what I've read the SP play fields are less likely to plank. Not sure if it brings added value though.

Quoted from Skyemont:Does having a SP playfield bring more value to a Bram Strokers Dracua vs a IS playfield?

#3658 7 years ago

I picked up a full set of artwork before purchasing mine. Still not 100% sure what I'm going to be doing with it as the typical fade doesn't really bother me that much. It's between two other pins anyway.

#3659 7 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

From what I've read the SP play fields are less likely to plank. Not sure if it brings added value though.

Yes seems sp are the more preferred of the the 2 but no cost difference bc if u have a nice ls and it hasnt planked than i doubt it ever will now.

#3660 7 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

Quoted from bigd1979:

Yes seems sp are the more preferred of the the 2 but no cost difference bc if u have a nice ls and it hasnt planked than i doubt it ever will now.

Thanks guys. That was my thought as well. I have a SP playfield so i'm pretty happy about that.

#3661 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

yeah, you're right. my FT is an SP. that's what i was thinking.

my BSD is an LS, and it looks pretty nice, too. it does have a skid mark across the drac inserts, however. never seen anything like it before.

#3662 7 years ago

how did you guys install the proto sling covers? i'm guessing 1" female to male hex posts?

#3663 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

how did you guys install the proto sling covers? i'm guessing 1" female to male hex posts?

female-female most likely. Not sure the size, but I think front and back are different. It's somewhere in the thread, I think.

#3664 7 years ago

Pulled the trigger on the full 5-piece art plus the inside blades, I don't have much patience apparently. With the full re-work of the armour, colour to be determined, it will look sweet!

Does anyone have, or can take hi-res scans of the apron stickers?

Let me know, thanks!

#3665 7 years ago

quickie q here:

one of my pops is out. doesn't fire in test. solder looks good. should i try re-soldering anyway?

#3666 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

one of my pops is out. doesn't fire in test.

Test for voltage at the coil. One lead on a coil lug and other on ground braid. Then test other lug/ground voltage.

Power off, compare ohms of coil with other coils

Better description and more detail for troubleshooting here:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Coil_Fails_to_Work

Eric

#3667 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

quickie q here:
one of my pops is out. doesn't fire in test. solder looks good. should i try re-soldering anyway?

Probably the tip 102 associated with that pop bumper

#3668 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

quickie q here:

Test wire continuity. Check fuse. Reseat connector.

If fuse is blown... Check gap on the leaf switch under pop.

If those things all check out, follow BigD advice... Start looking at Tip. That driver may have blown. If so, you'll need to replace driver and associated pre-driver

#3669 7 years ago

volts are ~72 on both lugs. next is continuity back to the board?

#3670 7 years ago

Yes.

Power off

#3671 7 years ago

hmm, which transistor is it?

#3672 7 years ago

right jet. looks like drive goes to j127-5. transister q52? am i reading that right?

#3673 7 years ago

might be a problem...

IMAG0274[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0274[1] (resized).jpg

#3674 7 years ago

bigd, stop laughing .

#3675 7 years ago

i do have continuity back to q52 at least.

#3676 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

bigd, stop laughing .

I feel for u man .... reason y i take someones word on condition and workability with a grain of salt lol. I guess it cld be much worse tho so whatever ...thats pinball for u tho.

#3677 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

might be a problem...

Yea id say all that will need replaced. .... not super easy without correct tools and experience ..

#3678 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

female-female most likely. Not sure the size, but I think front and back are different. It's somewhere in the thread, I think.

1" female/ male

Search in thread and you'll find the link

#3679 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

might be a problem...

If you have a good solder sucker and soldering station, you can do this yourself. If you don't, contact Chris Hibler through pinside and ship your board to him. Super reliable and good price

#3680 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

If you have a good solder sucker and soldering station, you can do this yourself. If you don't, contact Chris Hibler through pinside and ship your board to him. Super reliable and good price

could he redo my 24" opto board? i figure i need that one done, too. nothing visibly wrong with it, however.

#3681 7 years ago

He does everything...shoot him a PM.

#3682 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I feel for u man .... reason y i take someones word on condition and workability with a grain of salt lol. I guess it cld be much worse tho so whatever ...thats pinball for u tho.

all this will make me appreciate it more when it's working 100%. next time i know i need a flashlight. i couldn't see shit in that guy's basement.

#3683 7 years ago

pm sent. thanks, guys.

at least my golden tee still works (knock on wood).

#3684 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

all this will make me appreciate it more when it's working 100%. next time i know i need a flashlight. i couldn't see shit in that guy's basement.

Don't beat yourself up too much. It happens. I got royally screwed once by a guy that straight up lied all the way through our parking lot exchange at Allentown. Love and learn.

#3685 7 years ago

and this is how my son is playing the video mode on BSD...

PS : yes, he's mad !

#3686 7 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and this is how my son is playing the video mode on BSD...
» YouTube video
PS : yes, he's mad !

Time to set it on hard.

#3687 7 years ago

14202769_10154405987323529_6665061170328598546_n (resized).jpg14202769_10154405987323529_6665061170328598546_n (resized).jpgOkay so here I am, the original poster of this thread you all love...and I'm back with a Drac

So as you can see, it didn't take me too long after I picked it up to pound up a score on this. It's either because I'm used to the shots, the game is dialed in perfectly, or a combination of both, but I've never put up 6 Billion on a BSD with lightnings.
I'm thinking of adjusting the pitch, but it feels real nice where it is, so eh.

14184387_10154405496768529_4465805696496716777_n (resized).jpg14184387_10154405496768529_4465805696496716777_n (resized).jpg

#3688 7 years ago

Hey guys, should this loose wire with the blue tape on it get soldered to the tab just above my thumb? That's what it looks like in the manual but I wanted to double check.

20160904_230626 (resized).jpg20160904_230626 (resized).jpg

#3689 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

gots a BSD wednesday night. having a mistball issue. sometimes i power it on, the game sets it up correctly; sometimes it doesn't. if you hit the mistball during gameplay, it won't repopulate the mistball gate and starts popping two balls out in the shooter lane. that makes sense, since the trough has an extra ball in it. how does the game keep track of that feature? optos?

Not sure if this was answered or corrected, but my guess is you have 5 balls in the trough when it's a 4 ball game. I know with 5 it won't push to the mist and it will eject two at game start sometimes.

#3690 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Hey guys, should this loose wire with the blue tape on it get soldered to the tab just above my thumb? That's what it looks like in the manual but I wanted to double check.

Sorry guys, answered my own question. Yes.

#3691 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Not sure if this was answered or corrected, but my guess is you have 5 balls in the trough when it's a 4 ball game. I know with 5 it won't push to the mist and it will eject two at game start sometimes.

hey, bud. started a seperate thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mist-ball-gate-not-populating

i think most of the double ball was the outhole kicker being seized up. i tore apart and cleaned: working better. mist ball is opto/board related, we believe.

#3692 7 years ago

Hello, has anyone the Pinball_Customs BSD coffin mod? Can you please post a picture of the entire playfield switched on? I really like the mod itself, it's terrific (pun intended). But I am not sure it fits with the overall original artwork. Is the size right, or bit too big?

#3694 7 years ago

No. I think the built-in red filter in the speaker panel puts this game on the far back burner.

#3695 7 years ago

I was hoping someone could do me a favour and check which version of power driver board you have. I was referencing the manual which reports the board is A-12697-1, but the sticker on my board is A-12697-3. My board is missing the a few components like the opto isolators at u7 and u8, and I wanted to make sure I have the correct board.

I still haven't fixed the phantom opto switch, and I am grasping at straws to find a fix. Replaced all diodes in the affected column/row, reversed a improperly wired switch, replaced u20 and u19 on MPU, replaced the opto itself, swapped in a new opto board and the problem remained, checked all test points on the power driver board and the problem was fixed for a night. But, it returned the next morning. The switch will fire intermittently during game play and ruins the game. Anyone have suggestions?

#3696 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

No. I think the built-in red filter in the speaker panel puts this game on the far back burner.

I have a clear panel waiting .....

#3697 7 years ago

Question for all you BSD owners:

I am currently debating between purchasing a BSD or a FT (Fishtales). They've got similar pricepoints. This question being aimed at those who have experience with both: all things being equal, how does BSD prevail?

#3698 7 years ago

Bsd has the mist multiball and a dark intenseness to it. Fish tales is family friendly fun loving good times pinball.
Both are on the harder side of the difficulty scale.
You can't go wrong either way.

BSD has more gadgetry with the lift ramp coffin lock, subways, castle lock and mist.. FT pretty much just has the cool ball lock.

#3699 7 years ago

^^^. Yup. Really comes down to which theme you like more. Both offer short games on average. Pretty much the exact opposite of LOTR!

#3700 7 years ago

own both here. theme is the main difference. BSD is more adult-ish and can scare some little kids. FT is totally family friendly. game play: two of the best games under $3k from the WPC era. similar flow and ball times. good game code and satisfying shots on both. theme, theme, theme really.

it's kind of part of the theme, but i didn't think about it right away, sound. fire up youtube and watch some gameplay vids. pinball arcade vids are the best i think. see which one you can listen to the longest.

FT does have a great topper, and you should definitely be paying less for one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,145 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.