Topic Stats

• 7,138 posts
  • 586 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by dudah
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,199 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1235 (resized).jpg
IMG_1234 (resized).jpg
IMG_1233 (resized).jpg
IMG_1217 (resized).jpg
20190813_172824 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg
20190804_130029 (resized).jpg
20190810_152719 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190802_194328 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190831_104258 (resized).jpg
20190811_180226 (resized).jpg
38D534DB-4855-4BA4-B2F7-6CC28DAD4669 (resized).jpeg
BSD WIP 02 (resized).jpg
C92DE705-09B5-42D5-8129-63ACE7094B13 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7138 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 143.
#3601 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

The love never dies logo on the back box only has lights behind two of the letters of each word (or some thing like that) Are there any mods to light up all of the letter of love never dies? Thank you in advance

My lightboard has three lights.

#3602 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It's not hitting the target. When it fails the ball hits the rubber below the target. Maybe it is just a weak ball launcher, but it seems like it's firing off pretty good.

The ball has to hit the target. Something's preventing it from doing so. Check for any physical obstructions. If it works in testing, maybe you're losing voltage when the game is started and other coils are active.

#3603 3 years ago

I should be more clear, I'm doing testing in game. It just an intermittent issue. I'll do some more checking about the gate, plastic ramp, and launcher.

#3604 3 years ago

I sold my BSD to join the Casters Club with my purchase of Fish Tales. Now life sucks

Learn from my mistakes.

#3605 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I should be more clear, I'm doing testing in game. It just an intermittent issue. I'll do some more checking about the gate, plastic ramp, and launcher.

Since you're missing plastics, does your game have the plastic guard above the ramp? I know my game was missing that and sometimes the ball would come out of launch and hit the ramp above.

#3606 3 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I sold my BSD to join the Casters Club with my purchase of Fish Tales. Now life sucks
Learn from my mistakes.

FT is also a great game! I miss mine, but BSD is bolted to the floor.

#3607 3 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Learn from my mistakes.

Just gotta have both.

#3608 3 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I sold my BSD to join the Casters Club with my purchase of Fish Tales.

I owned a FT and sold it quickly.... actually, traded for my TotAN.... no remorse, no regrets.

#3609 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

The love never dies logo on the back box only has lights behind two of the letters of each word (or some thing like that) Are there any mods to light up all of the letter of love never dies? Thank you in advance

here you go: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/37#post-1813869

#3610 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Since you're missing plastics, does your game have the plastic guard above the ramp? I know my game was missing that and sometimes the ball would come out of launch and hit the ramp above.

And if you /do/ have it, make sure it isn't installed backwards, like mine was.

#3611 3 years ago

No, I don't have that plastic. I had to google it. I'll see if I can fashion something up to see if that helps.

#3612 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

No, I don't have that plastic. I had to google it. I'll see if I can fashion something up to see if that helps.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/173278432/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-clear

#3613 3 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Learn from my mistakes.

When one had to go FT beat BSD. BSD was a fun game but the family voted FT to stay.

#3615 3 years ago

Few plastics on order, but it's coming along. I added three spotlights (blue) and two LED strips (red).

IMG_1801 (resized).JPG

#3616 3 years ago

Hey gang, just letting you know I'm taking orders for the next batch of 10 coffin mods.

$200 usd shipped!

20150907_204534 (resized).jpg

#3617 3 years ago

Anyone sell insert decals for BSD?

#3618 3 years ago

I remember a thread of someone making their own D-R-A-C-U-L-A decals, so they probably aren't available.

#3619 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I remember a thread of someone making their own D-R-A-C-U-L-A decals, so they probably aren't available.

I contacted the person but have not heard back. Thanks for the heads up.
I was hoping a supplier had some but it seems no one does.

#3620 3 years ago

What could be the cause of a flipper stutter? I replaced the switch and it still does the same thing. Not all the time but 50/50. Could it be the coil or transistor?

#3621 3 years ago

Hey guys, I think this has been asked in the past but I didn't see any definite answers. Does anyone know the length of the posts for the Castle and Village? When I reinstalled the posts that came with mine, the castle seemed abnormally tall.

20160826_234045 (resized).jpg

#3622 3 years ago

gots a BSD wednesday night. having a mistball issue. sometimes i power it on, the game sets it up correctly; sometimes it doesn't. if you hit the mistball during gameplay, it won't repopulate the mistball gate and starts popping two balls out in the shooter lane. that makes sense, since the trough has an extra ball in it. how does the game keep track of that feature? optos?

#3623 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

it won't repopulate the mistball gate and starts popping two balls out in the shooter lane. that makes sense, since the trough has an extra ball in it. how does the game keep track of that feature? optos?

Go into diag and run the mist magnet test.

#3624 3 years ago

BSD for sale. I'm in VA. If anyone is interested, PM me for pics and details.

#3625 3 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

This^^^^

#3626 3 years ago

Anyone know if this part which appears to be a small lane guide belongs anywhere on this game? I had the playfield propped up fixing something and when I put it down, it was on the playfield. I can't find any obvious places it would go. I'm wondering if it's a part from something else that fell in before was lodged under something and fell out when the playfield was tilted.

image (resized).jpeg

#3627 3 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

does that run the whole process, populating an empty mist gate, etc.? i thought it just moved the magnet back and forth. guess i wasn't patient enough. surprise, surprise...

#3628 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

does that run the whole process, populating an empty mist gate, etc.? i thought it just moved the magnet back and forth. guess i wasn't patient enough. surprise, surprise...

It runs the whole thing. Takes a couple of minutes to run.

#3629 3 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Hey guys, I think this has been asked in the past but I didn't see any definite answers. Does anyone know the length of the posts for the Castle and Village? When I reinstalled the posts that came with mine, the castle seemed abnormally tall.

Bump, anyone?

#3630 3 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

Anyone know if this part which appears to be a small lane guide belongs anywhere on this game? I had the playfield propped up fixing something and when I put it down, it was on the playfield. I can't find any obvious places it would go. I'm wondering if it's a part from something else that fell in before was lodged under something and fell out when the playfield was tilted.

Something like that goes under the castle lock between rubberband loop, another on the other side just below the left mist ball lock.

#3631 3 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

All I can say is that yours does look too high.

#3632 3 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Something like that goes under the castle lock between rubberband loop, another on the other side just below the left mist ball lock.

Found it. It was the one under the mist lock. Thanks, much appreciated.

#3633 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

All I can say is that yours does look too high.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, from comparing mine to other pictures it certainly does look too high. Hopefully someone that is shopping our there BSD can measure the posts on the village and castle for me. I've seen shop out pics and the posts look the same size as mine but I dunno, something doesn't seem right.

#3634 3 years ago

I've had to measure the village ones for someone before. I'll see if I can find the pic. Castle is obviously more involved.

#3635 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I've had to measure the village ones for someone before. I'll see if I can find the pic. Castle is obviously more involved.

Awesome, thanks! Yeah, I didn't realize it until you said it but I guess the main ramp would have to come out for most people to measure. Hopefully someone that is in the middle of a shop can check that. My BSD came to me pretty messed up. It also looks like someone drilled a hole in the entry ramp and the village to secure it for some reason, frustrating.

#3636 3 years ago

This is the best I can do right now. Maybe you can do some photoshop magic to measure those.

Edit: I'm a liar - I found it in PM:
Village front- 2.5"
Back- 3 7/16"

#3637 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

This is the best I can do right now. Maybe you can do some photoshop magic to measure those.
Edit: I'm a liar - I found it in PM:
Village front- 2.5"
Back- 3 7/16"

Thank you! I assume the "front" is closest to the flippers?

Anyone have the measurements for the castle spacers?

#3638 3 years ago

BSD owner here! Got project one a few weeks ago. Got it torn down, cleaned it up, bullet proofed the boards, and its playing great now. I love this game.

#3639 3 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

bullet proofed the boards

explain? i'm having gi issues, plan on replacing j120 and 121. i think those are the #s. what else you do?

#3640 3 years ago

Nothing is bulletproof in pinball but u can definitely minimize the issues that can occur

#3641 3 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Thank you! I assume the "front" is closest to the flippers?

Right

#3642 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

explain? i'm having gi issues, plan on replacing j120 and 121. i think those are the #s. what else you do?

I........

repinned all current carrying plugs male and female in the back box. This included burnt up GI plugs
installed NVRAM
new filter cap for the 12v unreg
fixed leaking caps on opto board
rebuilt the hv section of the display driver
some more stuff i can't think of...

literally i took every single PCB out of the game one at time. Reviewed schematic drawings. Rebuilt anything that i thought needed it. Mostly connectors.

#3643 3 years ago

gotcha.

#3644 3 years ago

Few questions:

1) I'd like to not have Extra Ball as a Mystery Award (or seldom). Is there a way of doing this without affecting the other extra balls?

2) Can someone explain the "Left Ramp Time" setting? Is this the setting for consecutive loops? Should this be reduced to 5-seconds?

3) Would it be crazy to have the Castle Ramp settings as follows: First Bonus: 2, First Bats: 4, First Mist: 6, Other Bonus: 6, Other Bats: 6, and Other Mist: 6? If I'm thinking about it correctly, every other ramp shot would reward something; starting with bonus, then bats, then mist...repeat. It just seems easier to explain to guests. Thoughts?

#3645 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

1) I'd like to not have Extra Ball as a Mystery Award (or seldom). Is there a way of doing this without affecting the other multiballs?

Not without a different ROM, I believe.

Quoted from lpeters82:

2) Can someone explain the "Left Ramp Time" setting? Is this the setting for consecutive loops? Should this be reduced to 5-seconds?

That's the Castle lock timeout?

Quoted from lpeters82:

3) Would it be crazy to have the Castle Ramp settings as follows: First Bonus: 2, First Bats: 4, First Mist: 6, Other Bonus: 6, Other Bats: 6, and Other Mist: 6? If I'm thinking about it correctly, every other ramp shot would reward something; starting with bonus, then bats, then mist...repeat. It just seems easier to explain to guests. Thoughts?

That might work, but seems like awfully easy settings.

#3646 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Few questions:
1) I'd like to not have Extra Ball as a Mystery Award (or seldom). Is there a way of doing this without affecting the other multiballs?

You can turn Extra Balls off and that won't affect multiballs. I'm pretty sure there's a percentage setting for the mystery awards in adjustments.

I'm not sure how changing the the loop awards will make it easier to explain. Every time you make a loop the DMD tells you what and when the next reward is. The loops will still be rewarding different things in your scenario and would be just as confusing as normal.

#3647 3 years ago

Thank you for the reply!

Quoted from aobrien5:

Not without a different ROM, I believe.

Is there a different ROM available?

Quoted from aobrien5:

That's the Castle lock timeout?

I don't think that's correct, because there is another setting for "Castle Lock Timer". I'm pretty sure it's to reward repeat loop shots. It just seems that the default of 10-second is pretty long. When it's triggered, I'm thinking 5-seconds should be more then enough time, but I wasn't sure.

Quoted from aobrien5:

That might work, but seems like awfully easy settings.

I think you are right. I think a better setting might be as follows: First Bats: 3, First Mist: 6, First Bonus: 9, Other Bats: 9, Other Mist: 9, and Other Bonus: 9. That would reward every third ramp shot. My goal isn't really to change the game, but instead just make it a bit easier to track rewards. Thoughts?

Original (Though 50): 3 Bats, 5 Mist, 6 Bonus, 12 Bonus, 13 Bats, 15 Mist, 18 Bonus, 23 Bats, 24 Bonus, 25 Mist, 30 Bonus, 33 Bats, 35 Mist, 36 Bonus, 42 Bonus, 43 Bats, 45 Mist, and 48 Bonus

Proposed (Through 50): 3 Bats, 6 Mist, 9 Bonus, 12 Bats, 15 Mist, 18 Bonus, 21 Bats, 24 Mist, 27 Bonus, 30 Bats, 33 Mist, 36 Bonus, 39 Bats, 42 Mist, 45 Bonus, and 48 Bats

#3648 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You can turn Extra Balls off and that won't affect multiballs. I'm pretty sure there's a percentage setting for the mystery awards in adjustments.

My bad. I'm not wanting it to affect any of the other "extra balls".

Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm not sure how changing the the loop awards will make it easier to explain. Every time you make a loop the DMD tells you what and when the next reward is. The loops will still be rewarding different things in your scenario and would be just as confusing as normal.

Hmm...I guess in my mind knowing that rewards will come every three shots: 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30, 33, 36, 39, 42, 45, and 48 is easier for me to understand and track then rewards coming at 3, 5, 6, 12, 13, 15, 18, 23, 24, 25, 30, 33, 35, 36, 42, 45, and 48. I don't often look at the DMD while making shots. I have to pause for a status update.

#3649 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm pretty sure it's to reward repeat loop shots.

There is no reward for repeated loop shots.

Quoted from lpeters82:

Is there a different ROM available?

Only an unofficial tournament ROM that gives you 500k for every mystery award.

#3650 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Few questions:
1) I'd like to not have Extra Ball as a Mystery Award (or seldom). Is there a way of doing this without affecting the other extra balls?

Put the game on tournament mode. It makes the random awards static. I havent seen it award an extra ball from it on tournament mode, if it does, it doesnt do it until a large number of mysteries awards.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
3,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Zamora, CL
Trade
Sale Pending!
Lafayette, IN
There are 7138 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 143.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside