Topic Stats

• 7,072 posts
  • 582 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Spacemanratso09
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,164 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

448746-i (resized).jpg
20191201_152342 (resized).jpg
60CB2AC9-FB91-4FF5-BF21-2F0FDEA4EF08 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
3FCBDE80-5B20-4A0E-83E1-7E2F656F7D3D (resized).jpeg
07EB1F94-8220-49F1-827C-7D4F7055A033 (resized).png
45b57485-6e3c-43a4-a4a3-99d7e1b9310b.jpg
IMG_1184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).JPEG
6A1B4B38-F3E8-4A39-A314-3CC6AB7CA6B2 (resized).jpeg
BB8D3338-DC72-453A-88D0-B443CEA784A8 (resized).jpeg
FB7F8BCC-4D6E-429B-8902-8E0640006127 (resized).jpeg
C3CC27C2-5CC4-4CA2-8E5F-A22E8855EBB5 (resized).jpeg
88F4B865-9ABC-4878-A4AB-1AF4A23A2738 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7072 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 142.
#3501 3 years ago

I would just replace that part before going to the trouble of demag

#3502 3 years ago

So nothing as simple as running one of those screwdriver de/magnetizer things over it, huh? I'll have to see if it's a part that's available.

#3503 3 years ago

After about 4 years of owning it, I pulled BSD out of the living room and moved it down to the basement gameroom. Holy crap, the change of scenery just brought the game alive again! I can't stop playing it! It feels like I just got it. Still a great game.

#3504 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

So nothing as simple as running one of those screwdriver de/magnetizer things over it, huh? I'll have to see if it's a part that's available.

Yes you could use a demagnetizer.

#3505 3 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I've run into an issue where the game ejects two balls at the same time during gameplay

Mine was doing that before, and my plunger was also sticking like aobrien5 mentioned. Once I demagnetized in the settings because balls were latching onto the mist ball when it was engaged, all the problems went away.

1 week later
#3506 3 years ago

My game worked perfectly for about 20 minutes last night. Then the same issue reappeared.

Issues:
#1. Game seems to operate fine. Then Kicks one ball automatically into the game during play.
#2. One ball empties game continues until final ball drains.
#3. If ball save has elapsed. Ball 2 or 3 will Auto Kick. I don't have to press button.

I've read there are OPTO's in the Myst gate. I this true?
Does anyone think their is a correlation between Optos in Myst gate and this issue?
I think all my Switches are working fine ATM.

Just wondering if my insight is correct before doing anymore work on this.

This game was extremely dirty. I've been through about 65% of the game cleaning and replacing bulbs with LEDS. I've got alot of work to do on this game still.

#3507 3 years ago

Check opto in the primary mist gate. Go into switch test and make sure it changes state. I had an issue where the gate interfered with the opto. The opto sometimes saw the gate as a ball. This caused weird symptoms like launching balls mid game for no reason and constantly looking for balls for the mist multi ball or end of ball sequence when one of two balls drained during mist multiball. Of course it was all intermittent so tough to diagnose. I added a couple of number 8 washers under the post that holds one side of the gate up. All problems disappeared, game plays flawlessly now.

#3508 3 years ago

Thanks GreenMachine. I'm hoping this is the issue.

#3509 3 years ago

My game worked perfectly for about 20 minutes last night. Then the same issue reappeared.
Issues:
#1. Game seems to operate fine. Then Kicks one ball automatically into the game during play.
#2. One ball empties game continues until final ball drains.
#3. If ball save has elapsed. Ball 2 or 3 will Auto Kick. I don't have to press button.
I've read there are OPTO's in the Myst gate. I this true?
Does anyone think their is a correlation between Optos in Myst gate and this issue?
I think all my Switches are working fine ATM.
Just wondering if my insight is correct before doing anymore work on this.
This game was extremely dirty. I've been through about 65% of the game cleaning and replacing bulbs with LEDS. I've got alot of work to do on this game still.

#3510 3 years ago

The game "just fixed itself" now it runs 100% as it should. I left in on for a couple hours. Game seems to work fine.

Did it simply demagnetize itself? Is there a power issue?

The joy's of pinball ownership..

#3511 3 years ago

The game "just fixed itself" now it runs 100% as it should. I left in on for a couple hours. Game seems to work fine.
Did it simply demagnetize itself? Is there a power issue?
The joy's of pinball ownership..

There is no such thing in pinball.

Whatever magnetization problem you had will come back.
Mysteries are solved with deductive elimination of potential issues.

#3512 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

There is no such thing in pinball.
Whatever magnetization problem you had will come back. Mysteries are solved with deductive elimination of potential issues.

Haven't you ever heard about the pinball ghosts that disappear with balls and fix some issues? Some say it's an urban legend, but I do believe because some weird stuff happened with me more than once!

#3513 3 years ago

The gremlins are back. I'm fairly certain it's the Opto's at this point. It didn't fix itself...

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Haven't you ever heard about the pinball ghosts that disappear with balls and fix some issues? Some say it's an urban legend, but I do believe because some weird stuff happened with me more than once!

#3514 3 years ago

Rebuilt flippers last night with the FL 15411 coils that came with machine. Replaced everything but coils. Amazing how much power these coils have. Game play ridiculously fast now.

Hopefully I can resolve the last remaining issue this weekend.

#3515 3 years ago

Joined the club last week and loving it so far. My one problem is the castle lock diverter is not working as it should. It is staying in the down position and always directing the ball to the lock instead of the return lane. At first I thought the screws holding on the diverter were to long because they were digging into the ramp and binding it up. I cut the ends of the screws off to the back of the nuts to see if that would make it move more freely. There wasn't much change though. I ran the solenoid test to see how it worked and it just pops up and down a small amount. It doesn't go through it's full range of motion. Anyone have this problem before or any ideas on what else I can check? Thanks

#3516 3 years ago

Have you looked at the assembly under the playfield yet?

#3517 3 years ago

I did look at the assembly and don't see anything obvious. When moving the diverter manually it does make a light screeching sound when traveling through the hole. The plunger seems to move freely but does not snap back very quickly. Maybe this could be the problem, like the spring isn't strong enough. Any other ideas?

#3518 3 years ago

Problem solved. I think it was gummed up where the diverter shaft went through the bushing. I cleaned it with some alcohol and it is working as it should be now.

#3519 3 years ago

Very rarely I get a sound bite from Keanu after I hit all of the castle targets. The animation is also the castle like in castle lock lit but instead it reads coffin lock lit. At least I think it does. Hard to look at the DMD while playing. Anybody know how to make this happen?

#3520 3 years ago

Most of the time I walk away frustrated.
But sometimes, I make this game my bitch

IMG_20160722_192717_(resized).jpg

#3521 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Most of the time I walk away frustrated.
But sometimes, I make this game my bitch

Hell yeah!

#3522 3 years ago

Anybody know how to make that Keanu soundbite happen?

#3523 3 years ago

Looking for a BSD in the buffalo ny area!

#3524 3 years ago

Finally got all three multi-balls stacked for the first time today. Very rewarding, made all the punishment it's handed out so far well worth it.

#3525 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Looking for a BSD in the buffalo ny area!

Lol! So am I!

#3526 3 years ago

BSD continues to be played just about daily for the 2 years I have owned it. It never gets old to kill Drac, get castle jackpot, and mist. I love the bats and rats bonus . The going price is finally getting up to close to its worth.

#3527 3 years ago

For the life of me cannot recall where these go! Any help is appreciated. Thanks.image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3528 3 years ago

Cannot recall where the above plastics go! Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#3529 3 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Cannot recall where the above plastics go! Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

They go on the underside on each side of the mist multi ball groove.

#3530 3 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Here's a pic!60_G_sized_(resized).jpg

#3531 3 years ago

Thank you both very much!

#3532 3 years ago

Recently got a new cat and it turns out she likes to watch us play pinball.
BSD_(resized).jpg

#3533 3 years ago

@MMP hopefully your cat won't sh|# and pee under your pins like mine has over the last few months. Note cat in this pic is not the culprit.

#3534 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Very rarely I get a sound bite from Keanu after I hit all of the castle targets. The animation is also the castle like in castle lock lit but instead it reads coffin lock lit. At least I think it does. Hard to look at the DMD while playing. Anybody know how to make this happen?

Does anyone know how to make Keanu speak?

#3535 3 years ago

Pretty sure it happens by hitting the standup targets, but only after the castle lock has been lit a couple few times.

#3536 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I believe it is him saying "I feel like a blundering novice" as one of the quotes after a really crap game when you drain on the outlane.

#3537 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

He will say "I've seen many strange things already" and also "I know now that I am a prisoner".

It seems (like others have said) its only after hitting the standups to activate the castle lock diverter. I've seen no pattern yet but maybe there is?

#3538 3 years ago

I thought those were from completing the stand ups while in castle multiball.

Or maybe completing them when castle lock is already lit?

#3539 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I believe it is him saying "I feel like a blundering novice" as one of the quotes after a really crap game when you drain on the outlane.

That's Richard E. Grant playing Dr. Jack Seward. Have you even watched the movie?

#3540 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I thought those were from completing the stand ups while in castle multiball.
Or maybe completing them when castle lock is already lit?

I know when castle lock is already lit it does the animation with the lady's laugh, same as before. I think maybe that lights another lock. I think completing the stand ups while in multiball makes the horse and carriage run across screen but I'm not sure.

#3541 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

He will say "I've seen many strange things already" and also "I know now that I am a prisoner".
It seems (like others have said) its only after hitting the standups to activate the castle lock diverter. I've seen no pattern yet but maybe there is?

The phrase on the DMD is different as well. I'm not sure what it says but it's shorter than "castle lock lit".

#3542 3 years ago

You're definitely right about the laugh. Maybe it depends on which bank you complete? Maybe they're just rare call outs that happen at some small random percent when lighting the lock?

#3543 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Maybe they're just rare call outs that happen at some small random percent when lighting the lock?

That's what I'm afraid of.

#3544 3 years ago

Finely had some time to get under the glass this week.

Problem I'm having is Troubleshooting Switch 82 (Ball on Magnet)
The Ball on Magnet test

I'm trying to determine if I have a Bad Opto pair, Alignment issue, or the A-15646 board is shot.

Manual say's these are Long Range Opto's when I look them up in the manual it says
part No A-14315 / A-14316

Anyhelp here greatly appreciated.

#3545 3 years ago

Does it work at all? Intermittent issue? Can you see the emitter putting out light through your cell phone camera? Does the receiver activate with a TV remote?

The long range opto is definitely a different part, and unfortunately, you may not be able to rely on the manual to be accurate with that. Search this thread, and you'll find the part number somewhere. You'll also find suggestions on repairing the opto board rather than buying a new one.

#3546 3 years ago

Problem I'm having is Troubleshooting Switch 82 (Ball on Magnet)
The Ball on Magnet test
I'm trying to determine if I have a Bad Opto pair, Alignment issue, or the A-15646 board is shot.
Manual say's these are Long Range Opto's when I look them up in the manual it says
part No A-14315 / A-14316
Anyhelp here greatly appreciated

There is a lot of great info on Pinside for your issue. Very common on this game. Always start with the easy stuff. Go to T3 switch tests and then switch 82. Put your hand between the opto's on the playfield and see if the status changes. The manual has specific info on this switch and how it works and how to test. It's critical for this switch to work or the mist feature, added balls, etc. will not be correct. Don't order anything until you know what you need. Pm me if you need more info.

#3547 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

There is a lot of great info on Pinside for your issue. Very common on this game. Always start with the easy stuff. Go to T3 switch tests and then switch 82. Put your hand between the opto's on the playfield and see if the status changes. The manual has specific info on this switch and how it works and how to test. It's critical for this switch to work or the mist feature, added balls, etc. will not be correct. Don't order anything until you know what you need. Pm me if you need more info.

Make sure the mist ball isn't in one of the gates when you do that test.

#3549 3 years ago

Thanks everyone. Pinballrehab link does a great job of describing and troubleshooting this problem. Hopefully I don't end up having to replace the 24" opto board.

#3550 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's what I'm afraid of.

So I just got 3 "rare" quotes in the same game.

"Strange things" when lighting castle lock on the left bank.

"Prisoner" when lighting lock on middle bank when it was already lit.

"Do you want some hors d'oeuvres" when falling in the asylum during coffin (and mist) mb.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
8,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
East Greenville, PA
There are 7072 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside