Topic Stats

• 7,139 posts
  • 587 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by gearheaddropping
  • Topic is favorited by 225 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Drac (resized).jpg
IMG_1235 (resized).jpg
IMG_1234 (resized).jpg
IMG_1233 (resized).jpg
IMG_1217 (resized).jpg
20190813_172824 (resized).jpg
20190803_052132 (resized).jpg
20190804_130029 (resized).jpg
20190810_152719 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190802_194328 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
20190831_104258 (resized).jpg
20190811_180226 (resized).jpg
38D534DB-4855-4BA4-B2F7-6CC28DAD4669 (resized).jpeg
BSD WIP 02 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7139 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 143.
#3451 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

I am looking at putting lightning flippers on. Would black or yellow look the best? I am leaning towards black flippers with red rubber. Does anyone have pictures?

I put black on mine and it looks downright sinister!

#3452 3 years ago

Ordered black flippers. Hopefully I will not be disappointed!

#3453 3 years ago

Blood red flippers rule. Have them with black pinball life rubbers. I could care less about lightning flippers.

#3454 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Blood red flippers rule. Have them with black pinball life rubbers. I could care less about lightning flippers.

Agreed 100%. I have them blood red bad boys on mine too. Lightning flippers. WATEVS.

#3455 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Agreed 100%. I have them blood red bad boys on mine too. Lightning flippers. WATEVS.

Yup! Get rid of the lightning flippers. The game is still brutal as F%*K!!

#3456 3 years ago

Anyone know how to identify what "Type" of play field you have? I hear about the "S" play field alot

#3457 3 years ago

That's LS. Look under the left instruction card at the playfield. 50,001 LS or SP

#3458 3 years ago

SP (Sun Process) vs LS (Lenc Smith). SP is what you want ideally. I suppose I will clear coat my backup playfield.

#3459 3 years ago

I have a Sun Process playfield and I just recently saw my cabinet is Lenc Smith. Were all cabs LS or were some SP? As for the planking on the playfields the SP's are typically prone to LESS planking than the LS's. Even my SP playfield has VERY minor planking right under the DRACULA inerts. Its very minor but its there.

#3460 3 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

SP (Sun Process) vs LS (Lenc Smith). SP is what you want ideally. I suppose I will clear coat my backup playfield.

Is this a proven fact with an overwhelming sample size? I'm 99% sure I have an LS PF on mine... I'm pretty sure it doesn't have planking.

#3461 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is this a proven fact with an overwhelming sample size? I'm 99% sure I have an LS PF on mine... I'm pretty sure it doesn't have planking.

Pretty sure it is. My LS has a bit by a couple screw holes.

#3462 3 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Note: Some games where shipped with the blood red flipper (so I've been told).

I have these on mine...looks very cool. I don't think they break easy at all...must be the player in your house freddy. LOL

#3463 3 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Getting closer!

PJM....I have a feeling the glass full of red wine in your first pic is REALLY speeding up the process. hahahaha

"I never drink....wine." Maybe Drac doesn't, but you surely do.

#3464 3 years ago

When it comes to the "SP vs TAG vs LS vs DP" debate, the preference is SP DP, with some exceptions in late model games that do not carry the logo anyway, but for all intents and purposes are DP.

"Not all SP PFs are DP, but all DP are SP."

Conditions of environment are the critical factor in planking, along with how the PFs were handled during technical maintenance (cheater bars and torsion twisting), type of bulbs used for all different types of illumination, whether the game was left on all the time which causes fluncuation in heat cycles on the inserts, magnet use on the game such as the case of mist MB, cleanliness of the PF, and the number of plays that the PF has seen over the period of its lifecycle on the top clear coat.

BSD is notorious for planking for the above reasons mentioned regardless of PF manufacture type.

#3465 3 years ago

Hoping to own a bsd someday... Came across these and would like to see these installed on a game... Anyone?image_(resized).png

#3466 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Hoping to own a bsd someday... Came across these and would like to see these installed on a game... Anyone?

I wish it didn't have the faces on it... .....

#3467 3 years ago

Saw the red wine analogy!image_(resized).jpeg
Looking at some color choices.

#3468 3 years ago

#3469 3 years ago

just interested in a general opinion. how much would the general census pay for a fully functioning drac with pf planking, cab fad with red touchups, new plastic set, and full leds? i'd consider it an expremely routed players condition machine.

#3470 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

just interested in a general opinion. how much would the general census pay for a fully functioning drac with pf planking, cab fad with red touchups, new plastic set, and full leds? i'd consider it an expremely routed players condition machine.

These days around 2500 pretty easily imo.

#3471 3 years ago

Yes, no more than $2,500 but in that descriptive condition...$2,200

#3472 3 years ago

^^^^ As a generality, I agree with PjM.

#3473 3 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Saw the red wine analogy!

Quoted from PjM:

Looking at some color choices.

Like red, white or blush? Hahaha.

#3474 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

When it comes to the "SP vs TAG vs LS vs DP" debate, the preference is SP DP, with some exceptions in late model games that do not carry the logo anyway, but for all intents and purposes are DP.
"Not all SP PFs are DP, but all DP are SP."
Conditions of environment are the critical factor in planking, along with how the PFs were handled during technical maintenance (cheater bars and torsion twisting), type of bulbs used for all different types of illumination, whether the game was left on all the time which causes fluncuation in heat cycles on the inserts, magnet use on the game such as the case of mist MB, cleanliness of the PF, and the number of plays that the PF has seen over the period of its lifecycle on the top clear coat.
BSD is notorious for planking for the above reasons mentioned regardless of PF manufacture type.

Curious if you could explain why a magnet effects planking.

#3475 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Curious if you could explain why a magnet effects planking.

Heat.

#3477 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Hoping to own a bsd someday... Came across these and would like to see these installed on a game... Anyone?

Wow... those look horrible. Here is the original design from pinballpt, i think those look awsome, and fits the playfield art very well.

http://www.pinballpt.com/prestashop/sideboard-decals/8-bram-stoker-s-dracula-custom-inside-art.html

Axl

#3478 3 years ago

I have these-pinballpt.com on my BSD and they look great.

#3479 3 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

I have these-pinballpt.com on my BSD and they look great.

Can you take some pics?

I'm a little hesitant to stick decals on... I put some decals from another brand on a game...didn't like them...and they ripped off paint and slivers of wood when I pulled them off...

#3480 3 years ago

Here are pics. The side art looks good to me .

20160621_132243_(resized).jpeg

bsd_10_(resized).jpg

bsd_14_(resized).jpg

bsd_12_(resized).jpeg

#3481 3 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Here are pics. The side art looks good to me .

OOoo...nice. I kind of wish they were more blue like the playfield but they still look pretty cool.

#3482 3 years ago

The decals in the link Axl posted actually are blue

Quoted from dmbjunky:I kind of wish they were more blue like the playfield but they still look pretty cool.

The pinballpt decals in the link Axl posted appear to be actually blue like the PF, and also a different design than the ones wolfy posted in his pics. I don't see a buggy/carriage and horses on the decals from the link. Maybe they made multiple designs?

#3483 3 years ago

Look the same to me

#3484 3 years ago

I have black mirror blades on mine. I don't like the look of any decal options for this game. The black mirror still keeps the theme dark. NOTE: BSD doesn't show off a lot of the blades compared to other games due to the castles & ramps up against the sides. Still looks good though.

BSD_(31)_(resized).JPG
40_G_sized_(resized).jpg
35_G_sized_(resized).jpg

#3485 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I have black mirror blades on mine. I don't like the look of any decal options for this game. The black mirror still keeps the theme dark. NOTE: BSD doesn't show off a lot of the blades compared to other games due to the castles & ramps up against the sides. Still looks good though.

Dude... Your game is Gorgeous!
Now if I can only find one for myself

#3486 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Can only take credit for shipping it to HEP & having Chris do his magic. BSD has always been in my top 3 pins. This is my 3rd and I wanted to have a great example. I do!

#3487 3 years ago

"The best mod for BSD, is the simplest mod", prototype slingshots.
You just have to install the right kind and height of hex standoff spacers.
15 minutes, done.
I remember when original BSD proto slingshot plastics were obscenely priced ($100), when they finally ran out in stock, like 10+ years ago. Fortunately, a good set was reproduced with ink screening, and the color match is spot on.
Even the holes are drilled in the right places, unlike the some originals.
This is my third (and final) BSD, I purchased in 2004, an original HUO private home owner sale.
This is a "LS" playfield.

BSD_Prototype_Slingshots_(resized).jpg

#3488 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Agreed... your game looks absolutely sick! Love the look of the black mirror blades...painted buildings.

A+ stuff, right there.

#3489 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Agreed... your game looks absolutely sick! Love the look of the black mirror blades...painted buildings.
A+ stuff, right there.

Thanks! Per some Pinside PM requests, here is some more info on my BSD. 2015 HEP complete restore. I purchased the game as a non-working piece of crap for 1800.00. The best thing about the game was a very workable playfield without planking for Chris to restore. Basically the game was rebuilt with a new cabinet and many new parts. Time frame was 2 years. This was HEP's first BSD complete restore. Chris told me there were 2 more after mine he received for restore. I went with the Alt. cabinet decals for the look and Chris said they were an excellent product, not cheap prints. I did like the original decals but thought the alt. made the game look a little darker. Thanks for all the kind words. I love my BSD!
BSD_(12)_(resized).JPG
BSD_(13)_(resized).JPG
BSD_(14)_(resized).JPG
BSD_(18)_(resized).JPG
BSD_(19)_(resized).JPG
BSD_(20)_(resized).JPG
BSD_(20.5)_(resized).JPG
BSD_(21)_(resized).JPG
BSD_(23)_(resized).JPG
BSD_(24)_(resized).JPG
BSD_(26.1)_(resized).JPG
BSD_(26.2)_(resized).JPG
BSD_(27)_(resized).JPG
BSD_(33)_(resized).JPG

#3490 3 years ago

Thanks! Per some Pinside PM requests, here is some more info on my BSD. 2015 HEP complete restore. I purchased the game as a non-working piece of crap for 1800.00.

That thing is sweet!!! Mine is pretty nice already, and you're making me want to box it up and ship it off to Chris to restore.

#3491 3 years ago

Anyone else find the standard size flippers too powerful.I went back to lightnings because I didn't want to broken plastics.

#3492 3 years ago

WOW that is one sweet BSD neverahighscore.

#3493 3 years ago

Thanks! Per some Pinside PM requests, here is some more info on my BSD. 2015 HEP complete restore. I purchased the game as a non-working piece of crap for 1800.00. The best thing about the game was a very workable playfield without planking for Chris to restore. Basically the game was rebuilt with a new cabinet and many new parts. Time frame was 2 years. This was HEP's first BSD complete restore. Chris told me there were 2 more after mine he received for restore. I went with the Alt. cabinet decals for the look and Chris said they were an excellent product, not cheap prints. I did like the original decals but thought the alt. made the game look a little darker. Thanks for all the kind words. I love my BSD!

Wow every little thing about that machine is amazing! beautiful! I'm really liking the Dracula figure up top in his red war armor though! I'm prolly in the minority but I LOVE the movie also. The special effects and creepy level are through the roof.

#3494 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Anyone else find the standard size flippers too powerful.I went back to lightnings because I didn't want to broken plastics.

I have the blood red flips from PinballLife on mine, but only get an occasional shot that seems too powerful. Otherwise it plays great with them, and I think the shots are just as hard. No matter what type of flippers, BSD ends up kicking my ass almost every time.

#3495 3 years ago

It kills me that they didn't ship this with a red start button! On the list of things to buy for mine

#3496 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

It kills me that they didn't ship this with a red start button! On the list of things to buy for mine

That's a good idea.

#3498 3 years ago

I've run into an issue where the game ejects two balls at the same time during gameplay?

Any ideas. I'm having difficulty finding documentation for the ball return trough / switches. Any ideas where I can find a schematic of this.
I don't see it in the Manual

#3499 3 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I've run into an issue where the game ejects two balls at the same time during gameplay?

Go into switch test and check the trough switches and the shooter lane switch. Make sure the balls are not magnetized. If that's all good then remove the apron and watch what is going on when the balls are being ejected.

#3500 3 years ago

Speaking of things that shouldn't be magnetized, I have a question about how to demagnetize something. When the launcher fires a ball into play, the plunger will stick in the extended position for a while. I learned it's because the bracket holding the launcher coil is magnetized, so the rear of the plunger is sticking to the bracket. How can I demagnetize that bracket/plunger?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 7139 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 143.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside