Topic Stats

• 7,074 posts
  • 582 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by PinballWizard666
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,164 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

448746-i (resized).jpg
20191201_152342 (resized).jpg
60CB2AC9-FB91-4FF5-BF21-2F0FDEA4EF08 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
3FCBDE80-5B20-4A0E-83E1-7E2F656F7D3D (resized).jpeg
07EB1F94-8220-49F1-827C-7D4F7055A033 (resized).png
45b57485-6e3c-43a4-a4a3-99d7e1b9310b.jpg
IMG_1184 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).JPEG
6A1B4B38-F3E8-4A39-A314-3CC6AB7CA6B2 (resized).jpeg
BB8D3338-DC72-453A-88D0-B443CEA784A8 (resized).jpeg
FB7F8BCC-4D6E-429B-8902-8E0640006127 (resized).jpeg
C3CC27C2-5CC4-4CA2-8E5F-A22E8855EBB5 (resized).jpeg
88F4B865-9ABC-4878-A4AB-1AF4A23A2738 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7074 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 142.
#3252 3 years ago

Hey Terry

I actually was on your page before posting. Watched the video. I didn't see anything referring to my issue however.

Quoted from aobrien5:

Now the real problem is the fact that the magnet isn't moving at all.

That's the issue that I can't resolve.

#3253 3 years ago

Bad motor or it's unplugged from the pcb? The wires like to catch and unplug from that pcb up top. Or perhaps it's bad.

#3254 3 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Bad motor or it's unplugged from the pcb?

All the connections are tight, checked that. I can hear the motor during the test.

Would an opto issue cause the magnet to never move? I just played a test game (ball was loaded when game was turned on), and in the middle of the first ball, it dropped the ball from the mist gate.

Finished the game, went into adjustments, magnet still enabled.

Out of diagnostics, ball was loaded into gate. Left in attract mode, eventually ball gets dropped from the gate.

Thinking the opto's or board need to be looked at (as per Terry's helpful video and page) ... but would that cause the magnet to never move?

#3255 3 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

All the connections are tight, checked that. I can hear the motor during the test.
Would an opto issue cause the magnet to never move? I just played a test game (ball was loaded when game was turned on), and in the middle of the first ball, it dropped the ball from the mist gate.
Finished the game, went into adjustments, magnet still enabled.
Out of diagnostics, ball was loaded into gate. Left in attract mode, eventually ball gets dropped from the gate.
Thinking the opto's or board need to be looked at (as per Terry's helpful video and page) ... but would that cause the magnet to never move?

Sounds like the long throw opto board . Ive personally fixed 4 boards for people and talked another 6 threw it. Seems the caps on that board are usually the culprit.

#3256 3 years ago

There are a lot of useful fault finding techniques for the 24" opto board in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-mist-woes-long-beam-opto

#3257 3 years ago

Ok, ignore all my previous posts ... here is what it is.

Upon closer inspection, the magnet mech was getting hung up on a screw that had come loose in the plastic track. Popped it over, did the test, magnet moved, stopped test, tightened screw. Ran test again, magnet mech was now getting caught on the track itself! Bent magnet mech top lip just a smidge, enough so it can clear the track, and now it all works!

Love the fixes that are cheap!

Now on to the important things ... changing out all the candy cane christmas LED's one of the previous owners put in ... god that's awful to look at.

Thanks for all the tips folks. Go stake some vampires!

#3258 3 years ago

Ya i figured yours wasnt an opto issue because even with an opto issue the magnet moves back and forth

#3259 3 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Ok, ignore all my previous posts ... here is what it is.
Upon closer inspection, the magnet mech was getting hung up on a screw that had come loose in the plastic track. Popped it over, did the test, magnet moved, stopped test, tightened screw. Ran test again, magnet mech was now getting caught on the track itself! Bent magnet mech top lip just a smidge, enough so it can clear the track, and now it all works!
Love the fixes that are cheap!
Now on to the important things ... changing out all the candy cane christmas LED's one of the previous owners put in ... god that's awful to look at.
Thanks for all the tips folks. Go stake some vampires!

This is the same thing that happened to me. Quick question though, I removed the plastic piece for a while and played a lot of games trying to figure out that piece's purpose. I thought it could be an additional track too but removing it seemed to have no effect. Any chance it's just there to dampen the effect Of the magnet on the ball on the sides of the path so it doesn't take a hard shot to dislodge the ball?

#3260 3 years ago
Quoted from piggidyphish:

Quick question though

I can't answer that, as I have no idea to the purpose of the part. I bent the metal piece enough that it has clearance, so I didn't have to remove it.

#3261 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Having a sale on BSD mods, $200 usd painted and shipped
or
$90 usd unpainted (sanded and prepped) and shipped to the artist of your choice.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-coffin-mod-in-the-works
Send payment via Paypal to sales@pinballcustoms.com and mention in the notes what version you're buying.
Thanks!

Ican help paint the coffin or village.

#3262 3 years ago

Please form a single file line, no running. I don't want anybody getting trampled and hurt. The left mist gate appears to be back in stock at Marcos!!!

Thought I had a "let me know when back in stock" email notification set up but just stumbled on it ordering other parts.

Keith

1 week later
#3263 3 years ago

I looked at a BSD Sunday and was wondering what are trouble areas I should look for? He told me a buddy of his said the playfields had trouble planking and his was really nice. It did have a less than hairline crack below the last A in Dracula. There was no fade on the cabinet but a ding here and there. It had the proto plastics. He wanted $3200 which I keep going back and forth might be a tad high.

#3264 3 years ago

Look above the video letters in the right loop where the ball launches, that can be really beat up. Look at the Dracula inserts lifting, make sure the magnet test will run several times in a row. Under the apron, you can see the playfield mfr, I'm pretty sure the LS are the ones more susceptible to planking. Can fade on all 3 sides.

$3200 seems high to me for one that's anything but top quality.

#3265 3 years ago

There was also another thing I forgot to mention. The dracula inserts looked broken. Is that a known issue?

#3266 3 years ago

3k sounds like a more reasonable price with those few flaws. Although it's hard to find with a non planked nice playfield. BSD has been expensive and hard to come by lately.

#3267 3 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

3k sounds like a more reasonable price with those few flaws. Although it's hard to find with a non planked nice playfield. BSD has been expensive and hard to come by lately.

I think 3200 is fine given how difficult it is to find. Look at how long the want ads sit unfulfilled on this one now. Finding one without fade and a playfield that isn't planked is tough. Could be awhile before he finds another. Doesn't hurt to offer 3k for it though, but given the description the seller might hold out for a buyer willing to spend. Chances are he will find that buyer without too much work.

#3268 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

There was also another thing I forgot to mention. The dracula inserts looked broken. Is that a known issue?

That's not an issue I've heard of. I also think those inserts are unavailable.

#3269 3 years ago

Well I think I might take the plunge. I told the guy today I would come by to pick it up. Don't know if I can get to it this week or not. Pics when it happens. He knocked off $200 cause he said he likes selling to good guys. I didn't even get the chance to ask. I think we talked pins and vids for two hours Sunday.

#3270 3 years ago

Listen to Aeobrien5. He knows what he is talking about. $3200 for a BSD gets you the nicest BSD around that isn't a Bryan Kelly model. Proto plastics don't mean anything. Make sure Opto boards are all rebuilt or replacement boards. and makes sure all your ramps are solid with no cracks. also What playfield model is it LS or SP that has a huge $$$$ flux right there. LS are prone to Planking and SP are pretty solid. In my area Cleveland, Buffalo, Pittsburgh Triangle there have been 5 sales within last 6-18 months. I got ripped off on my at $2400 and MJM69 and Blackbeard sold there B+ games for just over 3k and they were both show pieces. Gooterman also recently sold one for i think $2800 in above average shape. Just do your homework. I've owned 2 of these and about 20+ pins in my life and by Far BSD is the most finiciky. Best of luck force brother!

#3271 3 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Listen to Aeobrien5. He knows what he is talking about. $3200 for a BSD gets you the nicest BSD around that isn't a Bryan Kelly model. Proto plastics don't mean anything. Make sure Opto boards are all rebuilt or replacement boards. and makes sure all your ramps are solid with no cracks. also What playfield model is it LS or SP that has a huge $$$$ flux right there. LS are prone to Planking and SP are pretty solid. In my area Cleveland, Buffalo, Pittsburgh Triangle there have been 5 sales within last 6-18 months. I got ripped off on my at $2400 and MJM69 and Blackbeard sold there B+ games for just over 3k and they were both show pieces. Gooterman also recently sold one for i think $2800 in above average shape. Just do your homework. I've owned 2 of these and about 20+ pins in my life and by Far BSD is the most finiciky. Best of luck force brother!

Agree....BSD is a pain to get dialed in. It took me over a year to get mine right. Has been working fine for 4+ years now.

#3272 3 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Thanks for the tips. $3k is a big chunk of change for me so I'm going to look it over again a little more thoroughly. Can you tell me how to do the Mist Magnet test? I might make a list of things to check. It will probably look silly but I don't want to make a mistake.

#3273 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Thanks for the tips. $3k is a big chunk of change for me so I'm going to look it over again a little more thoroughly. Can you tell me how to do the Mist Magnet test? I might make a list of things to check. It will probably look silly but I don't want to make a mistake.

It's the last test in the test menu. Just run it and let it go. It'll repeat until you stop it.

#3274 3 years ago

3k no fade no planking. I paid 3k for nice playfield with faded cab. Honestly it's easy to frisket and airbrush or even spraycan the red. You may not be getting a steal like that one for 2800 that looked gorgeous a bit back but you are paying an appropriate amount for the pin.

If mist is working you dont need to test it. The 24 opto board is what you need to look at. It's 100 bucks to replace and the old ones fail unless reflowed. My game was super clean inside but that board still failed.

#3275 3 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

If mist is working you dont need to test it.

That's true, but the best way to see if it's working consistently is by running the test several times. The test will also show you how many errors have been encountered since it was last reset.

#3276 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That's true, but the best way to see if it's working consistently is by running the test several times. The test will also show you how many errors have been encountered since it was last reset.

I picked up one recently. Test would run without issues until the game would let the magnet cool (long as i let it test). In game though the game would have trouble recognizing if the ball was on the magnet or not. Lucky for me it was just dirty optos. I would play a good working one first so you can recognize what it should be doing. For me, it had been so long since I played one that I just didn't know any better. Took a couple days to figure out something was wrong.

#3277 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I picked up one recently. Test would run without issues until the game would let the magnet cool (long as i let it test). In game though the game would have trouble recognizing if the ball was on the magnet or not. Lucky for me it was just dirty optos. I would play a good working one first so you can recognize what it should be doing. For me, it had been so long since I played one that I just didn't know any better. Took a couple days to figure out something was wrong.

That seems odd. If it didn't detect it on the magnet you should've gotten errors during the test. Interesting info!

#3278 3 years ago

Selling my BSD - $3000.

Terrific playfield, no insert issues or planking, wear or anything like that. New left Mist gate and spring installed. Game works 100%, fast and smooth as butter.

Cabinet is in solid condition, fade on the Dracula letters on each side. All LEDs, fully shopped (subways too), blood flipper covers, red Superbands, custom instruction cards and now has some red Titan rings on the slings and some posts.

Will take proper pics and post later, but these are the pics I had in Google Photos. Sale only, no trades right now.

20160213_182453_(resized).jpg

20160213_182604_(resized).jpg

20151214_182520_(resized).jpg

20151129_224152_(resized).jpg

20151202_223320_(resized).jpg

#3279 3 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

you are paying an appropriate amount for the pin

Honestly that's what I thought. When it was 3200, I was worried about the inserts but with the price drop, I think I'll be happy. It's not a game I was actively looking for but I have the money now and I was looking for a good player's game. I'll be sure to check a little more for wear and make sure the magnet works before deciding for sure.

He's a fella that used to have 60 games and has scaled back to around 15 or 20. He doesn't play them much and I'm not sure why he keeps them. Half of them he said were keepers including DESW, RFM, JD, T2, and FH. I'm hoping someday he'll change his mind on some of them. He knows what games will bring but since he doesn't work on them or play them hardly at all, he really doesn't know what works and what doesn't. I tried a BOP of his and felt something was wrong but wasn't sure what. Then after a ball got stuck on the upper right side I noticed the upper playfield was missing. It was in the coin box but he didn't know that. He's a good guy though.

Good luck with the sale PoMC. That looks like a good game.

#3280 3 years ago

I think the black sides brings out Dracula's hair nicely!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#3281 3 years ago

That looks nice. Want to do mine next.... for free?

#3282 3 years ago

Hmmm free huh....yeah about that.

#3283 3 years ago

Just needed to vent, after months of a working Mist Ball, I had a gathering last weekend so I was going through and just tidying up all of the pins, I stupidly raised my PF and swapped out the white light for a green on my magnet. Now no more mist ball. Swapped it back and still a no go. I went over and re-checked the wiring and nothing came disconnected. Man, I hate how moody this bastard is.

#3284 3 years ago

Sold my BSD in November, and severely regretted it. Found another...back in the line up today! "Welcome to my home" (again).

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#3285 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Sold my BSD in November, and severely regretted it. Found another...back in the line up today! "Welcome to my home" (again).

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

Very cool.

#3286 3 years ago

Just joined!!

image_(resized).jpeg

#3287 3 years ago

Anyone else ever have the problem of a coil firing intermittently on the left side? Mine is the coil at the end of my mystery subway. I had a spare brand new driver board so i swapped and still the same issue. Changed both of the optos and same issue. Nothing blocking the optos during switch edge test and works correctly when i test. My next move is replacing the molex connector as it seems like it doesnt fit right. Any ideas?

#3289 3 years ago

Well I finally added a 100uF 160V Cap to the Fliptronics 2 board @ C2 to help with the Right Gate Hold. I also got a new right gate from Marco. So we will see if that right gate starts kicking ass for me. (side note. I have installed 1,000 caps in my time doing arcades, and I installed my first cap backwards.....ugh blew immediately thank god it didn't do any other damage. Just put another one in and seems to be working good. So remember kids triple check your polarity!)

#3290 3 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Anyone else ever have the problem of a coil firing intermittently on the left side? Mine is the coil at the end of my mystery subway. I had a spare brand new driver board so i swapped and still the same issue. Changed both of the optos and same issue. Nothing blocking the optos during switch edge test and works correctly when i test. My next move is replacing the molex connector as it seems like it doesnt fit right. Any ideas?

Could be a bad or flaky diode on that coil or one up/down the line.

#3291 3 years ago

Black or red?

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#3292 3 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Black or red?

The black looks way better IMO. Something I'd consider doing to my own. I'd consider the red a downgrade from stock. Perhaps red sides/lockdown and black legs would be okay, but I'd still prefer all black if the choice were mine.

#3293 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The black looks way better IMO. Something I'd consider doing to my own. I'd consider the red a downgrade from stock. Perhaps red sides/lockdown and black legs would be okay, but I'd still prefer all black if the choice were mine.

I agree. I think red & chrome just doesn't go well with this title. Mine was done in black powdercoat. This title needs to remain dark!

BSD_(13)_(resized).JPG
BSD_(11)_(resized).JPG
BSD_(17)_(resized).JPG
BSD_(14.6)_(resized).JPG

#3294 3 years ago

i like the red , it gives it that bloody flash...but the black looks awesome too , stealthy , mean ..

#3295 3 years ago

My vote is for black.

#3296 3 years ago

I like the black better too.

#3297 3 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Black or red?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

That black looks sweet.

#3298 3 years ago

black looks better

#3299 3 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Black or red?

Black IMO. Red accents are nice on this game, but I think it's too blingy for that theme.

#3300 3 years ago

I like chrome legs and stainless trim best. All though the alternate cab decals ROCK!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
There are 7074 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside